criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Fix your game! Urgently!

jmoyano92
44 posts Member
edited October 8
I bought two copies of the game for me and my brother but we can't play it because you must waste literally HOURS if you're lucky to start a match. You must wait for other players to join (20 - 16 - 12 - 4 players, depending on the game mode) the problem here is that majority of players don't have patience at all to wait for other people. They just want to join the server and play. This is logical, nobody likes to wait...

So the big problem here is that people join but they leave soon, others join and again they leave after a couple of minutes. This happens continuously, you have a lot of people constantly joining but the server never starts because you need like 20 players simultaneously to start a single match. These waits are exhaustive and, as I say, it takes hours to start a single game!

The perfect solution is lower the number of people needed to start a game. Star Wars: Battlefront is almost dead only because of this HUGE problem! IT URGENTLY NEEDS A LITTLE UPDATE TO FIX THIS!

Here is the perfect solution to resurrect the game, just change these numbers:

-Big modes (Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point) from 20 players to 10 players to start.
-Small modes (Blast, Fighter Squadron, Heroes vs Villains, Droid Run, Hero Hunt, Cargo, Drop Zone) from 4 players to 2 players to start.
-Outer Rim DLC from 4 players to 2 players to start.
-Bespin DLC from 16 players to 8 players to start.
-Death Star DLC from 12 players to 6 players to start.
-Rogue One: Scarif DLC from 12 players to 6 players to start.

In this way, other people will join and remain on the server because they can now play!

So PLEASE lower the number of players needed to start a match! We paid for a game that we cannot play!

*This is not just my opinion! is the opinion of everyone who currently plays the game!

[Mod edit: caps lock removed]

Replies

• Clever way to jump start it.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I actually agree with you 100%. I think it should be like 2-4 players across all modes, I think its fun if only you and a few others are alone on a map. Battlefront, the original, is dieing because of this.
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • @EA_Rtas Shouldn't this be moved to the Star Wars Battlefront part of the fourm?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • EA_Rtas
    1424 posts EA Moderator
    @EA_Rtas Shouldn't this be moved to the Star Wars Battlefront part of the fourm?

It should and it has been! Cheers
  • All modes should be just 2 players needed in my opinion. But any changes like that will benefit the game.
  • jmoyano92
    44 posts Member
    edited October 8
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    @EA_Rtas Shouldn't this be moved to the Star Wars Battlefront part of the fourm?

You really deserve that Vader's picture in your profile man... you're pure evil. Developers need to know about this HUGE problem!

So don't try to hide the post and tell them about this as soon as you can.
  • Whenever stuffs moved to battlefront 2015 side its never addressed. It should be here because its about 2015 but i get you. It needs to be addressed. Shouldnt the people who made the game want it to succeed and live long as much as the players.
  • EA_Rtas
    1424 posts EA Moderator
    edited October 9
    jmoyano92 wrote: »

You really deserve that Vader's picture in your profile man... you're pure evil. Developers need to know about this HUGE problem!

Okay so nothing is hidden, this thread isn't about Battlefront II it's about Battlefront if I understand it correctly, so I moved it to the correct section.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    jmoyano92 wrote: »

Okay so nothing is hidden, this thread isn't about Battlefront II it's about Battlefront if I understand it correctly, so I moved it to the correct section.

Just tell developers about this as soon as possible. This game needs an urgent fix.
  • Is there any word of making the requirements for a game lower @EA_Rtas

• agreed. i often wait for death star. i went into recent players the other day and within a 10 minute period 24 players had come and gone and we still didnt have a game going! its stupid.
  • If the DLC was free it might solve the problem.

Jediseth1 - PSN
  • Have to make the DLC free now. Game is dead.
  • Yes, add the walker assaults from dlc to the regular walker assault playlist.
  • EA just abandons their old games so the players will move to the new ones. Eventually the servers will be shut down, because "not enough people were playing". The Battle For Middle Earth servers went down and now there are hundreds of servers set up through third party programs, which just proves my point.
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Yes, add the walker assaults from dlc to the regular walker assault playlist.

most definitely. what platform are you on sir?

• most definitely. what platform are you on sir?[/quote]

Im on xbox.
    Hoping before those servers get shut down they will add some dlc to offline so it isnt all lost. Atleast skirmish mode dlc maps, starfighter assault maps already has bots.