criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Mr. Run’s Damage Reduction

Prev1
Why does Mr. Run appear to have damage reduction most of the time? Is it carrying over from FANTASTICALLY FINE FRENZY?
21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
headerjpgt1547513853

Replies

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    The_Rookie wrote: »
    Why does Mr. Run appear to have damage reduction most of the time? Is it carrying over from FANTASTICALLY FINE FRENZY?

I think so
  • Resilience.
  • Resilience.
    I thought that gives him more damage output when other Villains are around?
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • The_Rookie wrote: »
    Resilience.

+ Damage reduction when other villains are around.
    Resilience.

Wat
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Rip Mr. Rookie
    PSN: this_old_mouse
    Resilience.

Wat

It actually happens, hence it's a hidden feature. I don't think it's too much, maybe like 20% max but I am just guessing here.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    Resilience.

That is not part of Resilience description. That card only increases damage. It’s quite likely that Frenzy is bugging out un giving him DR after the ability in the same fashion as Obi-Wan gets his from All Out Push.
  • I have noticed this since they added the new UI, but I thought it was just indicative of the damage buff and showing the wrong icon. If its granting damage increase and reduction, then it needs a fix fast. And I say that as a Kylo main.
  • TheUltimateHope
    1230 posts Member
    edited October 8
    anidriX wrote: »
    Resilience.

That is not part of Resilience description. That card only increases damage. It’s quite likely that Frenzy is bugging out un giving him DR after the ability in the same fashion as Obi-Wan gets his from All Out Push.

"not part of Resilience description" are you sure about that ? Pay attention to the choice of words ""Whenever Kylo Ren is in close proximity of another villain he is strengthened and deals more damage with his lightsaber strikes."

Not only is it written that himself is strenghtened but also the "and" means that's two different effects.
    It would have meant what you said if it was written somehow along this line "Whenever Kylo Ren is in close proximity to another villain he is strengthened thus dealing more damage with his lightsaber strikes".

Also Resilience by itself pretty much means resistance lol.

(Now if the devs come out and say that this isn't intended obviously their words act as truth -even if i wouldn't necessarily buy it- but until that i keep this interpretation moreso when it's been in the game for very long , forever ?)

Post edited by TheUltimateHope on
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Resilience.

"not part of Resilience description" are you sure about that ? Pay attention to the choice of words ""Whenever Kylo Ren is in close proximity of another villain he is strengthened and deals more damage with his lightsaber strikes."

Not only is it written that himself is strenghtened but also the "and" means that's two different effects.
    It would have meant what you said if it was written somehow along this line "Whenever Kylo Ren is in close proximity to another villain he is strengthened thus dealing more damage with his lightsaber strikes".

(Now if the devs come out and say that this isn't intended obviously their words act as truth -even if i wouldn't necessarily buy it- but until that i keep this interpretation moreso when it's been in the game for very long , forever ?)

Interesting. That never occurred to me with the description perhaps it is working as intended
  • I think it's about time Rey gets a nerf.
  • MC_XIX
    2033 posts Member
    I can offer a definitive answer on this one.

Resilience buffs Kylo's saber damage by 20 while villains are close by, but he also gains approximately 10 - 15% damage reduction as well.

This is vaguely stated in his Resilience card description - When Kylo Rey is within close proximity of another villain, he is *strengthened and deals extra damage with his lightsaber attacks

*'Strengthened' here must refer to his small damage reduction that he gains when in close proximity to another villain. Yes, this is incredibly vague and easy to interpret as another meaning. The description ought to be changed to be more clear.

I'm not 100% sure of the exact damage reduction value, but it's no more than 15%. I'm also not sure it it offers damage reduction against all weapons & abilities, or just saber attacks for example.
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    Resilience.

Are you saying the game is softly implying something that should be totally explicit? It also offers DR? How much? Is it a fixed value? Is it dynamically attached to the card’s level? Something like that should not be implicit.
    I think you are just overthinking the meaning of “strengthened” here. The “and” doesn’t mean “in addition” here.

@F8RGE Please confirm this.

Resilience.

Are you saying the game is softly implying something that should be totally explicit? It also offers DR? How much? Is it a fixed value? Is it dynamically attached to the card’s level? Something like that should not be implicit.
    I think you are just overthinking the meaning of “strengthened” here. The “and” doesn’t mean “in addition” here.

I'm saying that the game is implying something that is existing, no place for should or shouldn't considerations here, there is no rule, you're going to bring up logical reasons as to why it should and i'll bring up twice as much reasons why it shouldn't so let's just stop here right at the beginning.
    Hidden intended features are no newcomer in videogames, even this game has had plenty of those in its story.

Uh no she is in a great spot right now. If anything she needs a buff oriented towards HvV
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    Resilience.

I'm saying that the game is implying something that is existing, no place for should or shouldn't considerations here, there is no rule, you're going to bring up logical reasons as to why it should and i'll bring up twice as much reasons why it shouldn't so let's just stop here right at the beginning.
    Hidden intended features are no newcomer in videogames, even this game has had plenty of those in its story.

Granted. Nevertheless, I stand by bug rather than feature.

This sounds like a mission for the mighty @RogueZeroRendar.

Uh no she is in a great spot right now. If anything she needs a buff oriented towards HvV

Nah no way. It's OP favourite hero and it needs a nerf.
    Resilience.

You know i always wondered why its called Resilience but doesnt rly have anything to do with resilience. This new UI Shield but some aspects of game mechanics revealed.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Nerf? To what?
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Resilience.

Wat

Sure the ‘Resilience’ boost card says that Kylo is strengthened and you can see that shield icon around your health bar, so you know about it. I think it’s safe to say he has damage reduction.
    Resilience.

You had to go and summon this man hmm ? snokegif.gif

It's a duo though, i'll complete your summoning with this @Clone201

Resilience.

You know i always wondered why its called Resilience but doesnt rly have anything to do with resilience. This new UI Shield but some aspects of game mechanics revealed.

Guess you may have your answer now lol. And yeah, i always thought "truth will always be revealed" was naive af, but this new UI stuff makes me doubt now.

No she doesn't Shes fine. Whats so OP about her?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

OP as in original poster.
  • MC_XIX
    2033 posts Member
    Resilience.

It's definitely not a bug. It's a feature that has been part of the card since the beginning; it just became more prominent & obvious with the new UI shields.

I've known about this since around the end of 2017. Kylo always takes slightly less damage when he's close to a villain teammate. The first time I noticed it was around November 2017 when Han Solo chucked a detonite charge at my feet. I knew it should have dealt 200 damage, but I was next to Vader and I only received about 170 or 180 damage instead. I have a feeling the damage reduction is set to 15%, but it needs a thorough test to be confirmed.

Nerf? To what?

Just everything. Less dashes, less stamina. Nerf to mind trick.
  • this_old_mouse
    1282 posts Member
    edited October 8
    I think it's about time Rey gets a nerf.

Funny joke
    please say you’re joking

• MC_XIX wrote: »
    Resilience.

It's definitely not a bug. It's a feature that has been part of the card since the beginning; it just became more prominent & obvious with the new UI shields.

I've known about this since around the end of 2017. Kylo always takes slightly less damage when he's close to a villain teammate. The first time I noticed it was around November 2017 when Han Solo chucked a detonite charge at my feet. I knew it should have dealt 200 damage, but I was next to Vader and I only received about 170 or 180 damage instead. I have a feeling the damage reduction is set to 15%, but it needs a thorough test to be confirmed.

And you didnt tell us. Shame on you.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• MC_XIX
    2033 posts Member

Funny joke
    please say you’re joking

Sarcasm aside, Rey definitely doesn't need a nerf. She needs her Dash Strike to break blocks again, as in stagger the blocking villain enough for her to land 2 strikes like it once was.

Funny joke
    please say you’re joking

Sarcasm aside, Rey definitely doesn't need a nerf. She needs her Dash Strike to break blocks again, as in stagger the blocking villain enough for her to land 2 strikes like it once was.

j0mwe40dmsz5.gif
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Funny joke
    please say you’re joking

I just really struggle killing her when I'm Boba.
  • IXPrometheusXI
    519 posts Member
    edited October 8

OP as in original poster.

Ah...;)
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• MC_XIX
    2033 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Resilience.

And you didnt tell us. Shame on you.

Lol, I didn't realise barely anyone knew. Then again, I've always been a numbers guy who tends to notice the little things that often go overlooked.

It's not like it's OP anyway. The DR is so insignificant that nobody noticed he even has it until the new UI.

Funny joke
    please say you’re joking

I just really struggle killing her when I'm Boba.
    Once again, I hope you’re joking

• Clone201 wrote: »
    Resilience.

Wat

It actually happens, hence it's a hidden feature. I don't think it's too much, maybe like 20% max but I am just guessing here.

20% is a lot actually
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • @anidriX thanks for letting me know about this! Many bug reports go under the radar for me around here, so it's great when someone tags me when a bug appears!

@Clone201 @MC_XIX thanks for the info you guys already got from this 'feature'. I myself only tested this Star Card in October 2018 to check its radius and damage, and back then I discovered the radius seemed to be exactly the same as that smaller octagon within the radar, and the damage was higher then 20. But in another patch they fixed the damage.

If the splitscreen mod is still working after the recent update, I'll test this still today, if not I'll need a proper MP test to do so and I won't be able to do that today infortunately.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1187 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Well guys, I managed to gather some data and this seems weird. Not every 'villain' is considered a villain it seems. Grievous, Vader, Maul, Dooku, and Palpatine do provide the prereq required to apply the effect of kylo's Resilience Star Card. However, Boba and Iden aren't considered for the card's effect. I don't have anything on others yet.

The damage reduction value seems to be 20%
    Post edited by RogueZeroRendar on
    Tired of BUGs?

But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • NomiSunstrider
    3087 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Well guys, I managed to gather some data and this seems weird. Not every 'villain' is considered a villain it seems. Grievous, Vader, Maul, Dooku, and Palpatine do provide the prereq required to apply the effect of kylo's Resilience Star Card. However, Boba and Iden aren't considered for the card's effect. I don't have anything on others yet.

It makes sense, Iden are Boba are not Sith, well so its not Grievous but he does wield lightsabers.
    What about Phasma?
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• anidriX
    1140 posts Member

OK, so it’s indeed a feature, not a bug. The DR is also there while in proximity of the villains, right? What is the radius of the card?

• The damage reduction value seems to be 20%

Just as I thought! Is this true though?

Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Well guys, I managed to gather some data and this seems weird. Not every 'villain' is considered a villain it seems. Grievous, Vader, Maul, Dooku, and Palpatine do provide the prereq required to apply the effect of kylo's Resilience Star Card. However, Boba and Iden aren't considered for the card's effect. I don't have anything on others yet.

It makes sense, Iden are Boba are not Sith, well so its not Grievous but he does wield lightsabers.
    What about Phasma?

They aren't sith, but the card says villains doesn't it? My frosty mod manager doesn't want to launch the game with the splitscreen mod, so I'll have to rely on MP tests to discover which villains are considered for the card's effects and which don't. I'll comeback when I have anything on this.

OK, so it’s indeed a feature, not a bug. The DR is also there while in proximity of the villains, right? What is the radius of the card?

Behaves like a feature, so I'd label it a feature just like Maul's hidden 60% dmg reduction while using Spin Attack from his blaster damage reduction Star Card. DR is there if the 'villain' next to you is in that list I displayed above. Not all 'villains' are considered villains for the card's effect. The radius seems to be pretty close to the smaller octagon that is white outlined inside the radar. To get number we'll need the help from the master @Clone201
    Clone201 wrote: »

Just as I thought! Is this true though?

I got a case taking damage from Obi. As Obi can't get any bonus to his lightsaber attack due to features hidden to me (as I'm the opposing player in the MP environment with random people), his lightsaber swing will cause 130 damage. So, with the Damage Reduction from Kylo's Star Card, as Obi's strike hit, Kylo's life was settling between 647 and 645, but then Obi striked again. I couldn't say the exact value because his next strike took Kylo's life prior to a moment that I could be sure his health value was already stabilized from the first hit. However, as the possible values are 105, 104, or 103 damage inflicted, then it seems to gravitate to 20%. 104 even gives exactly 20%, so it might be the true value Kylo has taken.

To me this has to be a 20% damage reduction
    Tired of BUGs?

• Both this damage reduction and the one on frenZy needs to go.
  • MC_XIX
    2033 posts Member
    Both this damage reduction and the one on frenZy needs to go.

Ok, then Finn's Big Deal damage reduction for allies needs to go and should only apply to Finn himself. Same for Yoda's Presence.

Fair is fair.
    Both this damage reduction and the one on frenZy needs to go.

Ok, then Finn's Big Deal damage reduction for allies needs to go and should only apply to Finn himself. Same for Yoda's Presence.

Fair is fair.
    Sure, that’s fair.

• RogueZeroRendar
    1187 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Ok so Bossk doesn't trigger the star card's effect either. Only Phasma to go
    Tired of BUGs?

• @RogueZeroRendar what's the 60% maul thing?

Right now I don't have the name of the card here, but Maul has a Star Card which gives him permanent damage reduction to Blaster Damage, which is less then 20% on Epic Rarity. This card also gives him 60% damage reduction to any incoming damage while he's Spin Attacking.

You can see the card displays his Spin Attack symbol in it, despite not mentioning anything to do with Spin Attack. This is a hidden bonus that was exposed here in this forum long ago.
    Tired of BUGs?

Right now I don't have the name of the card here, but Maul has a Star Card which gives him permanent damage reduction to Blaster Damage, which is less then 20% on Epic Rarity. This card also gives him 60% damage reduction to any incoming damage while he's Spin Attacking.

You can see the card displays his Spin Attack symbol in it, despite not mentioning anything to do with Spin Attack. This is a hidden bonus that was exposed here in this forum long ago.

Oh what the hell. Devs are so weird when it comes to not mentioning things in descriptions.
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    @RogueZeroRendar what's the 60% maul thing?

Lightsaber Defense
  • Right, Phasma doesn't trigger the effect either.
    Tired of BUGs?