criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

October Patch 2019 - Release Notes

Prev1
F8RGE
886 posts EA Community Manager
edited October 8
rx1q45pnw8zs.png

Hey everyone,

Just a quick heads up that the patch that was due to go live tomorrow has now moved to next week. We identified a last minute issue that meant we needed to postpone this week's release.

We'll be back shortly to confirm the new date and time. However, in the mean time, here are the release notes.

RELEASE NOTES
CO-OP
  • Made various balancing changes on various CO-OP maps (Kamino, Felucia, Geonosis). Changes include tweaking AI and human player spawn points, adding props for coverage, adjusting number of Command Posts per phase, adjusting the areas of effect around Command Posts etc.
  • Adjusted the spawning rate of enemy Hero AI on CO-OP, by increasing the cooldown in-between spawning.
  • Added scoring when completing a phase on CO-OP.
  • Fixed an issue that would remove the timer when the player would go in an Out-Of-Bounds area, when playing a CO-OP map.
  • Fixed an issue where the intro camera on Naboo and Kamino would occasionally make a jarring movement.
  • Fixed an issue where you could get Separatist Announcer VO at the end of a CO-OP game, if you played as a Wookiee Warrior.

AI
  • Fixed an issue where not all Hero AI would spawn on games of Instant Action.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause AI players to occasionally stand still when standing on the end of a navigable path.
  • Several improvements to the behavior of Hero AI carrying Lightsabers. Lightsaber-carrying Hero AI should now be able to get closer to targets and play more offensive.
  • Different default Appearances have been set up for the AI on CO-OP and Instant Action
  • 212th Attack Battalion Phase 1 for Galactic Republic AI players on Geonosis - CO-OP
  • 212th Attack Battalion Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Geonosis - Instant Action
  • Default Phase 1 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kamino - CO-OP
  • 104th Wolfpack Co. Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kamino - Instant Action
  • 41st Elite Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action
  • 327th Star Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Felucia - CO-OP and Instant Action
  • 501st Legion Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Naboo - CO-OP and Instant Action
  • B1 Droid Geonosis appearance for Separatist AI players on Geonosis - CO-OP and Instant Action.
  • B1 Droid Jungle appearance for Separatist AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action.

Capital Supremacy
  • Added a panel as the destruction objective on the Reactor Cores on the Republic Attack Cruiser. This is to direct where players can shoot at and where defenders have to keep their attention. Players are now required to shoot at a panel on the Reactor Core to reduce its health.
  • Added a radar icon for the AT-TE on Felucia.
  • Fixed an issue where the Capital Ship VO Announcer would mention Capture Points, even when you return to a Capital Ship after having beaten the first phase.

Heroes and Villains
  • Dodging will not be canceling grenade-throwing for Leia Organa and Lando Calrissian.
  • Fixed an issue where Blaster-carrying Heroes would run at the same speed as regular Troopers.
  • Chewbacca’s Furious Bowcaster animation has been tweaked:
  • Animation was sped up by half a second.
  • Chewbacca now goes out of the animation state half a second earlier.
  • Removed the additional camera movement during activation.

Finn:
  • Fixed an issue where Finn’s Undercover Team would not grant increased speed to Troopers.

Kylo Ren:
  • Reduced the damage caused by the “Power of Darkness” Star Card to 14-11-8-5.

Darth Vader:
  • Removed Darth Vader’s damage reduction during the Force Choke ability.
  • Changed the description of the “Fueling the Rage” Star Card to “FOCUSED RAGE has an active duration extended by 6 seconds but its bonus damage is reduced.”

Boba Fett:
  • Changed the description of the “Anti-Hero Rockets” Star Card to “ROCKET BARRAGE rockets do increased damage at the center of the explosion in a 1 meter radius.”
  • Changed the description of the “Intense Barrage” Star Card to “If ROCKET BARRAGE deals more than 500 damage to enemies for one activation, its cooldown time is reduced for the next usage.”
  • Reduced the active time of Boba Fett's Concussion Rocket from 1 to 0, allowing the player to act right after the grenade is fired.

Troopers, Reinforcements & Vehicles
  • Fixed an issue with increased damage reduction for Clone Commando's Battle Focus damage reduction. The damage reduction is set to 25%.
  • Improved the aiming when playing on a Speeder.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause various gameplay issues for players who are under the impact of the Officer’s flash grenade. These issues would include Force abilities not having an impact on affected players, as well as Lightsaber blocking and immunity while dodging not working correctly.
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Also love the Clone AI Appearances
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • :| k
  • Instant Action is shaping up to be an awesome gamemode! Thanks for this patch!! All we need now is the Capital Ships added as maps because they'd be great for fast-paced command post gameplay!!
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Nice job
  • Will there be 212th ARF on Geonosis and 41st Scout Kashyyyk or just the whitish versions ?
  • Good now people can stop complaining about vader.
  • JediJulius
    629 posts Member
    edited October 8
    I feel like Vader's CC Immunity was more of a problem than the Damage Reduction to be honest. Nerfing the damage reduction hurts Vader more in GA where he is weaker (kind of) than in HvV where he is strong, whereas the CC Immunity is strong in HvV yet not as important in GA. But its better than no change imo.

I like most of the other stuff I see. AI planet-based appearances and Commando Damage Reduction nerfs/fixes are excellent.
    Post edited by JediJulius on
  • Imagine nerfing useless "Power of Darkness" but letting "Intensify" run havoc :D :D :D :D
  • And just like that, Vader mains crying around the world can be heard from DICE headquarters.
    PC Specs: i7-9600k / RTX 2060 6G / GIGABYTE Z390 UD MOBO / EVGA 650BQ 650w PSU / MSI Oculux 24" G-SYNC Monitor / Corsair Vengeance 16G DDR4 RAM / 500G SATA III SSD / Logitech G502 Mouse / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 Headset / Windows 10 Home.
  • Imagine nerfing useless "Power of Darkness" but letting "Intensify" run havoc :D :D :D :D

Imagine reworking vaders useless fueling the rage card & making another useless card 😂
  • I love the boba changes, one question, since intense barrage has been removed will the ability fire faster. Thanks as always @F8RGE

Imagine reworking vaders useless fueling the rage card & making another useless card 😂

I love this team :D
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Wow, what a surprise Dice release a broken patch.

It's not released, that's why we're pushing it to next week.

Can vader deal 150 damage with rage?
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Wow, what a surprise Dice release a broken patch.

It's not released, that's why we're pushing it to next week.

Can vader deal 150 damage with rage?
    He needs it now lol.
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    Hold on. I need some clarification on Boba.

Anti-Hero rockets now does exactly the same as before (increased damage to heroes) but now only if it hits within a 1m radius?

Intense barrage now no longer increases the amount of rockets but rather reduces the cooldown of it if it deals over 500 dmg. If such is the case, I assume it stacks the dmg of the dmg dealt to multiple enemies because Barrage now deals a max of 375 dmg (75 dmg x 5 rockets).

Am I correct @F8RGE?
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    Will there be 212th ARF on Geonosis and 41st Scout Kashyyyk or just the whitish versions ?

Whitish versions unfortunately, but it's way better than seeing Shinies on every single map. I hope they give us the option to choose the AI skins for both teams and the clones' armor phase in the future.
  • @F8RGE Why is 501st in Naboo, when you created a clone legion for Naboo. The 87th Sentinel Corps should placed back instead of a new legion.

pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • @F8RGE Why is 501st in Naboo, when you created a clone legion for Naboo. The 87th Sentinel Corps should placed back instead of a new legion.

It appears they simply tried to showcase the "really" iconic legions in planets they were or could have been. Since the Naboo battle is a Dice product, they have more freedom to make that kind of choice than other battles.
  • Any similar plans for AI in CS ?
  • Love vader and boba mains going to get melted ha ha ha ha now they just need to give a small buff to Anakin.
  • anidriX wrote: »

Anti-Hero rockets now does exactly the same as before (increased damage to heroes) but now only if it hits within a 1m radius?

Intense barrage now no longer increases the amount of rockets but rather reduces the cooldown of it if it deals over 500 dmg. If such is the case, I assume it stacks the dmg of the dmg dealt to multiple enemies because Barrage now deals a max of 375 dmg (75 dmg x 5 rockets).

Am I correct @F8RGE?

If thats the case what a good nerf for boba
  • SnakeMajin
    459 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Ghost38 wrote: »
    SnakeMajin wrote: »
    Will there be 212th ARF on Geonosis and 41st Scout Kashyyyk or just the whitish versions ?

Whitish versions unfortunately, but it's way better than seeing Shinies on every single map. I hope they give us the option to choose the AI skins for both teams and the clones' armor phase in the future.

That's indeed what you'd think by reading but I wonder :
    - If @F8RGE simply read/thought the mother Legion when it's actually a mix or if it is indeed the Skins with these very names ?
    - In the latter case, just why not please everyone with the Scouts ?

Am I correct @F8RGE?

I think this needs clarification as well. The way I'm interpreting it, is that the number of rockets fired and the damage dealt with them will remain the same; however, if you deal more than 500 damage, the cool down is longer. If they nerfed the amount of rockets fired and gave it a longer cool down when dealing more than 500 damage, what would be the point of equipping the card in the first place?
  • Also, I'm interpreting the "anti hero rocket" change to mean that the card is no longer "hero specific" and deals an extra amount of damage within 1m of the center of EACH rocket, towards heroes and troopers alike. This would appear to be a buff.
  • Player: Is skilled at hero

Other players killed by that Player: "ugh that hero needs to be nerfed"

Dice: "ok"

Players that liked using that hero but had difficulty getting kills with it: "why though"
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • ChadSquadron
    287 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Hey @F8RGE and dev teams ! Thanks again for your awesome work ! Can't wait to play against Dooku/ObiWan and Anakin in instant action !

Here are just some feedbacks, questions and suggestions about Yoda, highly nerfed in the Last update.

Some Yoda tweaks would be appreciated. He feels buggy and weak in HvsV.

Propositions : increase lightsaber hit speed but only when an ennemy is blocking (like it was initially at launch, i really loved his game design).
    Also the presence ability is really buggy actually, it takes really too much time, doesn't apply heal many times but the animation goes on and Let you totally exposed, and now doesn't break up Any force powers anymore... New balance feature or bug ?

It should be more fluid and connected to his other abilities. I accept the impossibility to skip his heal animation but it really needs some improvements and fluidity.
    I really think he needs to break up force powers again and be able to react quickly after, to dodge or block, fight etc.

General feedback :

Dodging (still several hit taken when performed).

Blocking (still inconsistent, taking damages and force powers, the player blocking makes often 360 turn when spammed from face, exposing fatally his back, taking One side damage while blocking and all others damages from face will be taken)

Magnetic saber (still strongly following after dodge etc when spamming)

Those features and hits detection still needs improvements.

For example : A character doing a dash ability through ennemies (like Yoda or Darth Maul) shouldn't take more than One hit when perfomed. (actually you take several hits from spamming ennemies, sometimes Killing you from full life without them being at range or aiming you with their lightsaber hit)

Gameplay should feel more fair.

I think lightsabers are hitting too fast and from too far actually, compared to their character animations. Staggering the opponent, and forcing hit detection.
    I think it's one of the reason of many lightsabers fights bugs and issues, too much things to interpret for the game in a short time, with different connections qualities between players and servers. Gameplay at launch felt much more appropriated and fair. (before 1.2 update)

I hope you'll find solutions, this game would be legendary...

It just needs some fixes, and....
    New content ! ( New Starfighter Assault Maps ? Instant Action with all eras playable online for coop or vs "private matches" ? Starfighter Assault Arcade with objectives for coop or vs online/offline play ?)

Thanks again for everything. Please consider and support.

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • IceBear7056
    11 posts Member
    edited October 8

Why 501st not Corouscant Guard on Naboo?
  • Lyc4n
    1346 posts Member
    I can forsee peoppe asking for a damage buff to cc after this nerf
  • Any thoughts about a first person mode for the Clone Commando?

• AwayOnHolliday
    1 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Love vader and boba mains going to get melted ha ha ha ha now they just need to give a small buff to Anakin.

What are you talking about? Those two characters are weaker than Anakin but Anakin needs the buff!? Anakin is still the best hero in the game, you're the people Dice listen to, and why the game fails

Leave it out with the swearing. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Am I correct @F8RGE?

375 to one player, but if you have other enemies receiving damage, that'll get you to 500. This to me could be huge in GA and make Boba a monster on some maps.
  • Taking Vaders damage reduction away on the choke ability is stupid. Now it does more harm than good if you want to use that ability especially in GA. We had been asking for that to be ADDED to vader for the last 2 years and now you take it away?

Makes no sense. At least add damage reduction to the star card that allows Vader to choke for a longer time.
  • Yet nothing in the patch notes about fixing game breaking issues, namely the broken "End of Round" phase transitioning from one match to another. I know the "full" patch notes and actual patch will be updated for next week, but come on SWBF2 Dev Team, you should KNOW by now this is a game breaking issue, it's been MONTHS.

I think it's time SWBF2 actually had a patch 100% dedicated to fixing bugs, game breaking issues, stuttering, lag, freeze frames, game crashing to desktop, etc etc. So by the time the Holidays come around when EA/DICE takes their holiday off, they are not coming back in January 2020 with 100+ issues they didn't fix the previous year. Isn't there separate teams that develop game content and fix game related issues? I'm pretty sure there is.

Don't get it mistaken, I love playing SWBF2, but man, SWBF2 is heading down the BFV path, and it's not looking good. How can the Dev Team actually say the game is getting better when it's still broke? Just because you patch new content, maps, Hero's, changes to Hero's and Troopers or whatever, does not mean the rest of the game is fine.

Y'all keep this broken engine running but still insist the more clean oil you dump into it, the better it will perform.
    PC Specs: i7-9600k / RTX 2060 6G / GIGABYTE Z390 UD MOBO / EVGA 650BQ 650w PSU / MSI Oculux 24" G-SYNC Monitor / Corsair Vengeance 16G DDR4 RAM / 500G SATA III SSD / Logitech G502 Mouse / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 Headset / Windows 10 Home.
  • Aww the Droideka, Clone Commando and Vehicle AI isn't added to Co-Op or Instant Action in this patch? Was the thing I was most excited for tbh, same with the AI using the other Clone Wars heroes/villains.
  • Enzyoo
    252 posts Member
    These changelogs gets more confusing each time.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Nerfing the force choke was so unnecessary. Vader was only able to compete properly against Luke and Anakin because of the damage reduction. Now the “Nerf Luke and Anakin” crybabies will be even louder now. You already made it dodgeable why nerf the best dark side hero 🙄
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

Am I correct @F8RGE?

375 to one player, but if you have other enemies receiving damage, that'll get you to 500. This to me could be huge in GA and make Boba a monster on some maps.

Can’t see how.

1. Barrage has a 20 secs cooldown, In order to make this card worthwhile, it should cut a minimum of 5 secs.
    2. Having the threshold at 500 renders the card nearly useless in GA. You’d need to hit (and kill) a minimum of 3 troopers in order to activate the card provided 1 of those troopers is a Heavy, otherwise you need 4 kills (3 kills plus 50 dmg).
    3. The point above becomes irrelevant if you are not dealing full damage. Remember each barrage rocket deals full damage only if it hits within a very small radius of 1.5m of your target(s). This means that in order for the card to be activate, all the targets would need to be within group-hugging distance.
  • Psy3d
    863 posts Member
    Umm what about damage reduction Obi's glitch??

And Vader needs some immunity during choke or else he's not gonna stand a chance against force push spammers.