criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

October Patch 2019 - Release Notes

Replies

• anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Hold on. I need some clarification on Boba.

Anti-Hero rockets now does exactly the same as before (increased damage to heroes) but now only if it hits within a 1m radius?

Intense barrage now no longer increases the amount of rockets but rather reduces the cooldown of it if it deals over 500 dmg. If such is the case, I assume it stacks the dmg of the dmg dealt to multiple enemies because Barrage now deals a max of 375 dmg (75 dmg x 5 rockets).

Am I correct @F8RGE?

375 to one player, but if you have other enemies receiving damage, that'll get you to 500. This to me could be huge in GA and make Boba a monster on some maps.

Can’t see how.

1. Barrage has a 20 secs cooldown, In order to make this card worthwhile, it should cut a minimum of 5 secs.
    2. Having the threshold at 500 renders the card nearly useless in GA. You’d need to hit (and kill) a minimum of 3 troopers in order to activate the card provided 1 of those troopers is a Heavy, otherwise you need 4 kills (3 kills plus 50 dmg).
    3. The point above becomes irrelevant if you are not dealing full damage. Remember each barrage rocket deals full damage only if it hits within a very small radius of 1.5m of your target(s). This means that in order for the card to be activate, all the targets would need to be within group-hugging distance.

The increased barrage card adding another meter to the radius would certainly help that.

Again, the key word was certain maps, where you typically have some pretty tight choke points (i.e. phase 2 Naboo, Kamino, etc.).

I don't think it makes Boba a top tier hero on GA, but this should give him the ability to help break those points.
  • Dice you guys need to step up your game no offence like you guys need new model skins especially for Darth Vader...modders are makeing skins every day that would fit this game perfectly if you guys can sit down and work together and get those great skins in this game....dont get me wrong SWBF2 is great but it can be better...and other topic is clone commanders...i know that you guys are done with clone wars for a bit but its a remarkable era...whats the point of playing with obiwan or anakin if we can see the right hand top soliders fight beside them (rex and cody) theres so many modders that can help you guys add them into the game but WE NEED CLONE COMMANDERS for each battalion created it would add great uniqueness to this game because theres no other game out here that has clone commanders that we can play as online...i think you guys can do it with time and strategy on how to attack this issue but common now you guys have a great game with heros and standard unnamed troops....only thing missing is clone commanders and id bet the majority of the community agrees with me aswell you guys can do better you have the resorces and the people willing to help (modders) why ignore them when we could make this game go off the charts with things we never thought we'd ever see in this game and clone commanders would be a huge plus....this is way to great of a game with urban graphics and designs to not add the clone commanders we love dearly...i just feel as if you guys can accomplish way more and do better and make this game legendary to where it will never die....making battlefront 3, a must buy @DICE @dice.... feed bad will be great to hear and will shake the community @DICE @dice
  • Good. Vader can be punished for bad plays now
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • I like how you made the AI have planet specific skins but the skins are wrong. It should be
    Naboo: 87th Sentinel Corps
    Kashyyyk: 181st armor division but any of the 41st skins will do(I know the skin is 41st elite corps but I’m just pointing it out)
    Geonosis: 212th Recon Divison(I there were clones with the standard brown color of the 212th on geonosis but I feel like the 212th recon would fit in much better)
    Felucia is good
    Kamino: shiny clone are good, but since in the clone wars tv series, the 501st and 212th fought in that battle.
  • If you guys put the same of effort of breaking this game into fixing it we wouldn't have these problems
  • Nothing but a disappointment
  • JD25
    260 posts Member
    edited October 8
    You guys realize the whole point of adding damage reduction for Vader's Force choke is because you are completely stuck in that animation and one Trooper will annihilate you without that way to go backwards again dice.

And messing up his middle ability the whole point of that is for a little bit of extra damage
  • Just gonna pretend the Queue system isn’t broken huh devs? Beyond aggravating
  • Dodging will not be canceling grenade-throwing for Leia Organa and Lando Calrissian.

:o oh my... I think that small tweak is going to make Leia pretty cool, I don't want easy-to-play heroes, that's why she's my favorite and it would be a shame losing her current personality, excited with this, will play online again for some weeks to see how she feels. Hopefully we'll be able to play her offline soon in other modes other than Arcade.

I also appreciate AI light sabers being more aggressive, they are a pain against saber heroes but I can dread them easily with a normal trooper nowadays :D

• anidriX
    1282 posts Member
    hosco33 wrote: »
    Dodging will not be canceling grenade-throwing for Leia Organa and Lando Calrissian.

:o oh my... I think that small tweak is going to make Leia pretty cool, I don't want easy-to-play heroes, that's why she's my favorite and it would be a shame losing her current personality, excited with this, will play online again for some weeks to see how she feels. Hopefully we'll be able to play her offline soon in other modes other than Arcade.

I also appreciate AI light sabers being more aggressive, they are a pain against saber heroes but I can dread them easily with a normal trooper nowadays :D

That’s probably the best tweak from this patch. I’d say Lando benefits much more than Leia as his throwing animation is much longer.
  • JackSpanky
    221 posts Member
    edited October 9
    This patch is 98% great but the 2% is so ball-achingly bad that it deserves to take up the majority of responses. Hopefully the fact that it got pushed back a week might make them see reason.

Also, generally, Force powers should still hit unless the dodge moves the target out of the area of effect completely and out of the line of fire on single-target ones. That's just common sense, balance the affected characters some other way. When your game mechanics work counterintuitively you're moving in the wrong direction.
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Dear Dice team, i am not really concerned with unecessaary gameplay nurfs and buffs, and how characters do what. For me and many players the patch should adress game issues sutch as:
    • Lag
    • Matchmaking, stop sending us to severs halfway around the world, we choose our region we should remain there, introduce a ping cap so if its too high people cant join.
    • End of match freeze so unable to join next round until it starts, and unable to choose a character.
    • Fix unable to Join friends in que for matches.
    Once these bugs have been fixed then sort out the minor stuff such as nurfs and buffs.
  • Why they dont implement Testservers before making people mad again ?
  • EA_Rtas
    1709 posts EA Moderator
    Alright so I've had to remove and edit a couple of comments in here, you're welcome to give your feedback positive or negative but keep it constructive. Leave out the "crybaby" comments and leave it out with the inappropriate comments towards the devs.
  • EA/Dice YOU GUYS NEED TO STEP UP YOUR GAME no offence... like you guys need new skins BADLY especially for Darth Vader and Darth Maul there are so many skins out here for Maul that shouldnt be an issue same for Vader that you guys could throw into the game...Grevious needs more love aswell his CLAW RUSH needs to be fix aswell as his other 2 abilities..you guys are neglecting him and leah cause she needs love from you guys more than anything...plus Grevious he could have so many skins ...like a caped general Grevious i was shocked to find out that you guys didnt imply that to the game honestly...and bossk he needs at least 1 or 2 skins...and for Renforcements, ARC TROOPER; i believe the arc trooper should have unique skins based off of all legions....41st...501st..212th..327th arc trooper skin ect...it makes sense and would add variety and uniqueness and creatively towards each skin making them stand out but loyal to their assigned legion by representing their colors and markings to look as their apart of that legion ...modders are making skins every day like its nothing... a piece of cake...that would fit this game perfectly and benefit you guys @EA @DICE to make less work for you to do and satisfy us....you guys can sit down with modders who are willing to help and work together and get those great skins in this game pronto....dont get me wrong SWBF2 is great......but it can be better than the state its in now.....and the other topic is clone commanders...i know that you guys are done with clone wars for a bit but its a remarkable era that touches like 70% of the communities heart more than any era its literally remark able and we want to relive or live what we never thought we'd ever see from a star wars game...like @DICE @EA @dennis_brännvall @dennis_brännvall.... what's the point of playing with obi wan or anakin if we can see the right hand top soliders fight beside them (rex and cody) theres so many modders that can help you guys willingly all you guys have to do is pic witch ones and add them into the game where ever you seem its well fit but WE NEED CLONE COMMANDERS for each battalion created......it would add great uniqueness to this game because theres no other game out here today that has clone commanders that we can play as online...not 1 but you guys can make history and be the first of all who tried....i think...trust and believe in you guys....you can do it.... with time and strategy on how to attack this issue but common now you guys have a great game with heros and standard unnamed troops....only thing missing is clone commanders and id bet the majority of the community agrees with me aswell minimum 60% max 90%.... you guys can do better you have the resorces and the people willing to help (modders) why ignore them when we could make this game go off the charts with things we never thought we'd ever see in this game or ever before honestly and clone commanders would be a huge plus but they play such a vital role so we're not 100% getting that clone wars experience that it could've seen already....this is way to great of a game with urban graphics and designs to not add the clone commanders...theres no excuse for that for the clone commanders we love dearly and would do whatever to see them make their way into a great game like this...i just feel as if you guys can accomplish way more and do better and make this game legendary, to where it will never die....making battlefront 3, a must buy @dennis_brännvall @DICE @EA.... feed bad will be great to hear and will shake the community @DICE @dennis_brännvall @dennis_brännvall but love 💓to you guys for all the work you guys accomplished so far its very impressive thank you guys have a great day💓🌎

AND FOR ALL THOSE
    WHO AGREE GIVE
    IT A LIKE OR AGREE AND COMMENT
    AND TAG DICE...EA AND DENNIS
    SO WE CAN KICK THINGS OFF
  • Gotta say...with Anakin’s 2 damage reduction abilities, Obi-Wan’s has reduction as well as Yoda and Finn’s buffs being an option...was removing Vader’s Damage reduction really necessary? Force Choke’s high vulnerability was the whole reason we requested it in the first place.
  • Xena
    10 posts Member
    Any chance Coop will get other SW eras and star ship battles as well?
    Ship battles would be so cool.
  • Y'all really gonna massacre my boy Vader like this?
  • TRIALON
    12 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Wait a minute... I know this game really shows you already the rule "don't bring a sword to a gun fight" but it's still an arcade game and Vader's damage resistance when using the force choke is simply a necessity.
    90% maybe IS exaggerated, but on the other hand he is restricted of his movement for quite a while, especially when using the punishing grip star card. Forgot that scene in Rogue One where he used the force choke and then proceeded to casually walk towards the remaining soldiers?
    In the films people don't even have all those fancy grenade and turret gadgets to spam, so it's just necessary for Vader to have a degree of resistance, just for balance.
    Look at it in HvH, just get one saber hero behind him and it's basically a free kill. On the other hand you can't even cancel the ability to get out of the danger zone.
    Using the choke just puts you on the present plate for everyone now and pins you down on one spot.
    A very, very welcome target for any rocket troopers now.
    Either re-include resistance or let Vader more freedom to move and be more agile.

Please, tell me what was your thought about that. Is it now necessary to use force choke with focused rage + furious resilience star card everytime?
    I fear this will limit Vader to a very simple and predictable style as you always have to combo both abilities then and are solely dependant from the abilties all the time.

About Kylo Ren's nerf, why was that necessary? You basically nerfed a star card that is useless most of the time anyways because opponents just keep using the block or dodge while and after using the frenzy.
    This star card is only effective when the enemy receives damage through his block because of lag, let's be honest. Against infantry you don't need this card in the first place, there are better ones to use as this extra damage (original 20) will still not grant you a OHK against regular trooper.
  • Great, I edited my comment one time too much and now it's gone.
    Is it pending now for no spam approval? I hope so, because I'll not retype everything again.
  • KinAster
    21 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Still no Liea buff I see. :'(

Blaster Hero’s need love too, DICE.

Rey and Obi-Wans mind tricks should be changed to be just like the health buffs and NOT stack. If one is already on a target and the other is used, it replaces it. Ability needs to last shorter or end when attacked by Rey or Obi-Wan. At the very least Obi-Wan’s RMT bologna shouldn’t remove dodges. Blaster Hero’s have no counter.
  • R.I.P Boba and Vader you were loved....just not by DICE
  • Good stuff. Lots of much needed improvements in these patch notes.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    AI
    • 41st Elite Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action

I'm disappointed with this one, though. I was really hoping the 41st Scout Battalion Appearance was going to be used. That would be more appropriate.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Troopers, Reinforcements & Vehicles
    • Improved the aiming when playing on a Speeder.

THANK YOU!!! This has been a major pain for the longest time.

More improvements to the Speeder Class Vehicles would be greatly appreciated, though. Like being able to automatically glide over low obstacles and not get caught on every. Single. Small. Object. Turning and overall maneuvering should be more responsive. A few Speeders should have limited altitude controls and the Afterburner Ability added (e.g. 74-Z Speeder Bike, BARC Speeder, STAP), and for goodness sake, please implement 1P and Rear views.

I absolutely LOVED zooming through Endor on the 74-Z and kicking on the afterburners while in 1P view in the last Battlefront. What an epic experience. Please bring it back.
    "All wings report in."
  • @F8RGE Sorry to bother but do we have a time and date for when this will drop?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

1gwwbvgwxm1r.gif
  • when vader chokes someone out of the map it doesnt count as a kill. PLEASE CHANGE THIS: IT'S UNFAIR
  • - Vader Damage Reduction Removed? Who asked for a Vader's nerf. Totally uncalled for Dice! HvV won't be so fun anymore.
    - Clone Commando Nerf?: Come on Dice!, People already adapted to Clone Commando Strengths...Damage reduction to 25% was totally unnecessary. Clone Commando's Main weapon overheats so fast. Battle Droid and B2's were too strong against Wookies/Rocket trooper before.
    Give Clone Commando's main weapon a longer time before overheating.
    Buff the Wookies bowcaster so they can face Deathtroopers accordingly.
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Wow, what a surprise Dice release a broken patch.

Also, Vader's damage reduction removed?
    Really? after we prayed for it for 2 years?

The game came out Nov 2017. It's not two years yet
  • Nobody is focusing on that HUGE buff Leia just got. She is gonna be so broken with that amazing flash granade not being cancelled when dodging. Thanks for listening, Dice/EA!!!!!!!! #unstopabbleprincess
  • Setgang6 wrote: »
    Just gonna pretend the Queue system isn’t broken huh devs? Beyond aggravating

Yeah indeed. Saw no notes about queue system in Oct patch post. Are you going to leave it broken?
  • I was hoping AI would be tougher on Coop.. The game is far too easy the moment.

Anyone noticed in Coop on Kamino 2nd phase, if you look toward the main building where the enemy come out, while taking the outpost, the enemy go into lemming mode and throw themselves off the walkway...

giphy.gif

• Whoever made the idea of remove Vader's choke damage is very unecessary and dumb. Now he gonna be a powerless Sith lord in GA. See I don't ever played that game mode like ever. HvV is my main. So those who complain about it in Galactic Assault are cry babies. LUL
  • The changes to heroes in this patch are very disappointing. There's a very loud minority in this forum and on reddit as well, who cry about nearly everything when they get killed in a game. Heroes were rather well balanced in the past ~2 months thanks to the finetuning and continous improvements done, compared to what we had before for years.

I really don't understand the changes done to Vader and Boba, that's ridicoulous. The fact it got added to your backlog already makes me sad.
  • Cyro
    396 posts Member
    "41st Elite Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action"

.....Dice...is it really so hard? Re-Watch the movie and tell me WHAT units you see! You even made them for the game, now just USE them! why did you add the most basic and boring White-Green P2 Troopers if you HAVE the accurate ones??

41st Scouts for Kashyyyk!!!
  • It truly is a tragedy that Boba got done dirty like this. All they needed to do was tie his dodges to his jetpack fuel, which would ground him a lot more often and give the saber heroes more chances to feel special taking him on. I would honestly like to hear the devs explain why thought this was necessary.
    So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.
  • Another terrible patch by the devs, who wouldve guessed it???
    Stick to fixing the glitches that occur after you break the game over and over again.
    Not nerfing characters because a handful if unskilled crybabies said so.
  • Starmasui73146
    1536 posts Member
    edited October 17

Wow! Holy frack no way...😀🤗👍🏼 Wow, Christmas came early this year. Love the new aggressive A.I. now. This. Is. So. Sweet! Aaaaaaaaaaaah...Yes! I'm literally shaking I'm so excited.

This below comes from the Instant Action PvE thread but it relates to the October update. Enjoy devs you did amazing.
    Have you noticed something different to IA and Co-Op with this patch?
    SAM4XE wrote: »
    Formerly missing A.I. characters like Obi-Wan, Gen Grevious and Anakin now spawn but only on opposite teams. They definitely attack more aggressively, which is good.
    Oh ho ho ho ho, oh my word, here we go people. Oh my goodness gracious it is so on. This is going to rock.

Lol, oh my goodness no way. Oooooh I could kiss DICE right now. 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🤗👍🏼
    What a great update!

- AI heroes are absolute beasts! I've gone from essentially cheesing their stamina meter with continuous fire and their lack of sprinting in the previous update to almost running for my life every time I see them ! 😂
    Lmao, this is great. 👍🏼🤣😂🤣
    - AI skins are a great addition! So immersive and just awesome to see more palette swaps in action!
    "I've been looking forward to this."

- More AI for each difficulty is fantastic too! The maps feel much more filled up now!

- The Troopers also seem to fight harder and take over more command posts now too!

This could be because of a faster spawn in rate and because they attack you from all around you.

Awesome.

The only problem I've seen, is that even on Rookie difficulty (which I tried just to sample that equal 16v16 gameplay), I have to fight pretty hard to win on maps like Kashyyyk, maybe because it's so big? Maybe because there were 3 Hero AI most of the time tipping the scale?

AI ally heroes might mitigate this, I feel rookie difficulty feels more like normal-expert right now.
    Yeah, Kashyyyk was always a struggle against humans who played objective. The only way to win it was to be a jump trooper or Destroyer Droid (Droideka) because they can get around the map faster. But even then no guarantees. Since A.I. are objective based it makes sense it would be hard. I agree with yet one more difficulty setting.

Rookie: should be 15 vs 11.

Normal: should be 13 vs 13

Expert: should be 11 vs 15

*Hard Core: should be 9 vs 17

*Hard Core difficulty: Think Inferno difficulty from "Earth Defense Force", pretty near impossible but wildly funny. A bunch of fast sprinting heroes could maybe pull it off though. But it would require likely Split Screen. This difficulty is not so much about winning as it is about facing insane hordes of enemies.

Also another handicap could be the ability to turn "just the enemy" hero or villain off in menus if your struggling but have yours on.

Also the ability to determine how many heroes or villains you or them get:
    4, 3, 2, or 1 (just like the guy earlier said on this Instant Action and PvE thread). So if you want a handicap you could go say
    4 heroes for you...verses 2 for them, etc., etc, etc...
    So basically devs just change the difficulty names and add one even easier difficulty.

To do this you could just take away 3 from the enemy A.I. and give 3 to the friendly A.I. for the new Rookie difficulty.
    Rookie becomes normal difficulty
    Normal becomes Expert difficulty
    Expert becomes Hard Core difficulty
    So 4 difficulties in all.

So again:

Rookie: 15 vs 11
    Normal: 13 vs 13
    Expert: 11 vs 15
    Hard Core: 9 vs 17

And there you are, now people with handicaps can have fun too. 😎👍🏼

Just a thought.

Fantastic update though!^^
    Absolutely. 👍🏼👍🏼 Completely giddy, gleaming from ear to ear. 😇

What others are saying about the update to "Instant action.".
    This update has been awesome! The new AI heroes are great and I've head some really awesome moments!! Anakin has been defeating me easily which is awesome to see. I was playing as Obi-Wan and jumped down to face Grievous at a command post. I used the "Hello There" emote and in response Grievous said "General Kenobi!" what perfect dialogue!! Dooku has been a great challenege and AI skins are a nice addition.

I've not met AI Kenobi yet but I look forward to facing him!!

I'm absolutely loving DICE and EA and their Star Wars games at the moment!!!!! Thank you so much for making this game incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is too more updates!!!
    Slevi17 wrote: »
    This is becoming one of my most favourite games ever, after a long, stressful day at work I can home to a couple of matches in "Instant Action".

Still feels surreal to me that we even have A.I. now, "Co-Op" is fantastic as well, even with it's lack of options, content and variation.
    You really hit this one out of the ball park devs. 👍🏼

You deserve all the raves devs, go throw a party, you earned it.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Cyro wrote: »
    "41st Elite Corps Phase 2 for Galactic Republic AI players on Kashyyyk - CO-OP and Instant Action"

.....Dice...is it really so hard? Re-Watch the movie and tell me WHAT units you see! You even made them for the game, now just USE them! why did you add the most basic and boring White-Green P2 Troopers if you HAVE the accurate ones??

41st Scouts for Kashyyyk!!!

I admit I don't understand. I really don't. @FR8GE Since you had the right skins and just took the time to develop map-related skins, why not pick the right ones, hence those everyone expects ?

Is it because you made them "Epic" and want the player to feel unique ? If so, it's you guys who decided to call them "Epic" skins, they are no such things in the base material.