criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

New content for all three eras likely coming next year

lowell
1581 posts Member
edited October 8
Padme's TCW voice actor Catherine Taber just responded to a tweet about Padme being in the game:

And Dennis just retweeted it under the line: "You call this a diplomatic solution?!"

There was a tweet requesting OT and ST content added to Co-Op and Dennis retweeted it also:

1om0klz5obr31.png

So OT and ST for Co-Op could happen and maybe 4 PT heroes for TCW Season 7: Ahsoka, Ventress, Padme, and either Aurra, Cad, or Jango.

Replies

• lowell
    1581 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Speculation is fun & all, but idk if a re-tweet is concrete evidence of...anything

Well, now others are making threads about it.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3050 posts Member
    edited October 8
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Speculation is fun & all, but idk if a re-tweet is concrete evidence of...anything

It highly depends on the developers. For instance, I also play Dead by Daylight, and those devs love to tease upcoming content on Twitter, recently they followed the actors that play Steve and Nancy from Stranger Things on Twitter a few weeks before they announced the Stranger Things DLC with Steve and Nancy as new survivors, and now they are teasing an It themed DLC on Twitter.

As for DICE, they do alot of teasing on Twitter, and a good bit of what they've teased has made it into the game, such as Clone Commandos and Anakin, but they have also teased stuff that hasn't made it into game yet, so it's hard to say rather this tease means anything. However, considering that a voice line folder for Padme was discovered by dataminers back in June, and the fact that DICE already had Matthew Wood record Grievous-Padme banter lines, and now this new Padme tease, I'd say that the chances of seeing Padme added in 2020 are pretty good; maybe not 100%, but high enough that I'll be surprised if we don't get her sometime next year.
  • All three eras for next year. Now that's what I would like to see for 2020.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    masontcarr wrote: »
    All three eras for next year. Now that's what I would like to see for 2020.

Basically, after TROS and Rogue One are covered, the rest of the non-film canon should be used to make content to grow each era.

The films are only a sliver of what the Star Wars canon universe represents.

KVC6MWU.jpg
  • DarthLando wrote: »

Basically how Matt Lanter got in the game lol
  • This is proof of absolutely nothing. I wouldn't raise hopes about anything.

At this stage if it isn't Clone Wars, or related to the new movie in some way I wouldn't be expecting it.
  • DarthLando wrote: »

It highly depends on the developers. For instance, I also play Dead by Daylight, and those devs love to tease upcoming content on Twitter, recently they followed the actors that play Steve and Nancy from Stranger Things on Twitter a few weeks before they announced the Stranger Things DLC with Steve and Nancy as new survivors, and now they are teasing an It themed DLC on Twitter.

As for DICE, they do alot of teasing on Twitter, and a good bit of what they've teased has made it into the game, such as Clone Commandos and Anakin, but they have also teased stuff that hasn't made it into game yet, so it's hard to say rather this tease means anything. However, considering that a voice line folder for Padme was discovered by dataminers back in June, and the fact that DICE already had Matthew Wood record Grievous-Padme banter lines, and now this new Padme tease, I'd say that the chances of seeing Padme added in 2020 are pretty good; maybe not 100%, but high enough that I'll be surprised if we don't get her sometime next year.
    That’s true, they do tease a whole lot of stuff on Twitter.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Ahsoka>Padme
  • Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme
  • Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Ok I'll cosign to that. Unfortunately I dont think were getting Mace. Nothing about him has been datamined.
  • Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Queen Amidala trumps all due to the fact that I should be able to get her Queen skin and sit on the chair in Naboo
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Queen Amidala trumps all due to the fact that I should be able to get her Queen skin and sit on the chair in Naboo

Somewhat understandable, but Mace missing from this game is truly a pity... Only jedi that could stand the emperor and still, not here.
    Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Ok I'll cosign to that. Unfortunately I dont think were getting Mace. Nothing about him has been datamined.

Yeah, unfortunately true
  • Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Meh. Her gun makes a cool noise but that's about the only reason I'd want her in the game.
  • Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Meh. Her gun makes a cool noise but that's about the only reason I'd want her in the game.

Watch them add the Emote "AnAkiN yOu'RE bReAkiNg My HeArT"
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • Batman20
    1986 posts Member
    I'll wait until content for next year is announced before I start getting excited
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2824 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Delete
    Post edited by OoiiHooked_22 on
  • Nexor
    52 posts Member
    there should be no new content until they fix the broken matchmaking its either stomp or get stomped now its completely ridiculous
  • I think we have a good chance of getting some great stuff in 2020 as long as EA lets DICE continue development and doesn't cut their team size down. I really want the other eras to come to Capital Supremacy/Instant Action before all is said and done at the very least.

• Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Mace> Padme>Ashoka
  • Nothing is official and we are going into different content. It takes a long time to design a hero and by this tweet they probably haven't started yet. Would be counter productive to work on a hero without the voice actress.

Mace is more of an interesting character anyways in my opinion. Padme eould be my second choice and I never really saw the allure of Ahsoka.
  • As soon as they ditched the “Season” format content drops should have always included all 3 eras. It’s only fair to the fan base, which does span over the PT, OT and ST.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Mace> Padme>Ashoka

I politely disagree
  • I'm down for any new content, I will try not to complain. But OT is what I truly want
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Ahsoka>Padme

Mace>Ashoka>Padme

Mace> Padme>Ashoka

The Jedi who couldn't argue against Tarkin < the mother of the Princess who could argue with Tarkin & the Jedi who argued with Tarkin together

• Nexor wrote: »
    there should be no new content until they fix the broken matchmaking its either stomp or get stomped now its completely ridiculous

This is it. All content, nerfs, buffs and updates are irrelevant until this is fixed because the game just isn't fun to play.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Nexor wrote: »

This is it. All content, nerfs, buffs and updates are irrelevant until this is fixed because the game just isn't fun to play.

Since they're doing the patch for this month, wouldn't be surprising if they do more frequent patches to take on the bugs alongside the monthly updates leading up to the ST content drop in December with TROS.
  • lowell wrote: »

Since they're doing the patch for this month, wouldn't be surprising if they do more frequent patches to take on the bugs alongside the monthly updates leading up to the ST content drop in December with TROS.

For me everything they do is surprising, and a little bizarre.

I am expecting nothing, and I want nothing.... Except matchmaking fixed so I can enjoy rounds of GA again.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

I am expecting nothing, and I want nothing.... Except matchmaking fixed so I can enjoy rounds of GA again.

Maybe their goal for everybody is to expect the unexpected because not everyone can always be pleased with the strategy DICE, Disney, and Lucasfilm is cooking up for the future of this game? And some of that unexpected could be something some have been anticipating for already like the KENOBI emote, potential weapons overhaul, and potential port of OT and ST into CS and Co-Op.
  • lowell wrote: »

Maybe their goal for everybody is to expect the unexpected because not everyone can always be pleased with the strategy DICE, Disney, and Lucasfilm is cooking up for the future of this game? And some of that unexpected could be something some have been anticipating for already like the KENOBI emote, potential weapons overhaul, and potential port of OT and ST into CS and Co-Op.

Maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

Maybe 🤷🏼‍♂️

We'll see what happens along the way.
  • Yeh I’d love to play as OT heroes in Cs