criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Padme coming to bf2 hinted by Dennis???????

Prev134
3xpp5hm3hrhw.jpeg
Honestly I would love padme to be in battlefront, she is one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I really hope she ends up in the game unlike Ahsoka. I hope her counter is Cad bane. Hopefully her voice actress is Natalie Portman even though it looks as though cat taber is probably going to do the voice if she is added.
What do you guys think

Replies

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Please let her be better then Leia.
  • Sounds good. Now just add Cad Bane for the villain side and we might be able to salvage this game yet..
  • She's coming. Already datamined

Hope u right
  • Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Gizmoe wrote: »
    She can distract the battlefield with her Geonosis outfit

I watched ep2 again and man that really was... distracting.

Distracted me as well. Hopefully that’s her default
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

Rose > Ahsoka
    Salt incoming! Look out!
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

Rose > Ahsoka
    Salt incoming! Look out!

qvwk5wcuphw3.gif
    Get salted snail!!
  • Question about the voice acting for heroes in the game. Is there a reason Dice cant just use the official lines from the Star Wars movies? Like aren't they able to ask Disney for the raw recordings and use those? For example you'd think there would be tons or archived raw Padme voice lines from the movies. Curious why they need to use a different voice actor to say the same lines from the movies essentially.
  • Mystical wrote: »
    Question about the voice acting for heroes in the game. Is there a reason Dice cant just use the official lines from the Star Wars movies? Like aren't they able to ask Disney for the raw recordings and use those? For example you'd think there would be tons or archived raw Padme voice lines from the movies. Curious why they need to use a different voice actor to say the same lines from the movies essentially.

Probably in case if DICE wants to put in lines that were never in the source material. For example one of grievous’ emotes is “your screams of terror are like music to Audio receptors” (I think that’s the line) but it has been never been heard before. Same as lines said for heroes who have never met another hero in the game. Dooku says something about Rey when he was dead long before she was born(assuming j.j abrams didn’t make it so Rey can age and has been around since before Dooku’s death)
  • Are any of the voices actually the original actors?

I doubt they would spend the hundreds of thousands on Natalie Portman this far into the game. When they could use a relatively unknown person and pay way less. I could be wrong though.
  • Ew no, there's so many other better characters to add first. And Cad Bane as a counter? Wat?
  • Batman20
    1986 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Padme would be cool but I’d rather have jyn and krennic and scarif back
  • Star Wars game developer: Quotes something from star wars
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Sounds cool!

• Mystical wrote: »
    Question about the voice acting for heroes in the game. Is there a reason Dice cant just use the official lines from the Star Wars movies? Like aren't they able to ask Disney for the raw recordings and use those? For example you'd think there would be tons or archived raw Padme voice lines from the movies. Curious why they need to use a different voice actor to say the same lines from the movies essentially.

Probably in case if DICE wants to put in lines that were never in the source material. For example one of grievous’ emotes is “your screams of terror are like music to Audio receptors” (I think that’s the line) but it has been never been heard before. Same as lines said for heroes who have never met another hero in the game. Dooku says something about Rey when he was dead long before she was born(assuming j.j abrams didn’t make it so Rey can age and has been around since before Dooku’s death)

That makes sense, figured there was a good reason.

Rose > Ahsoka
    Salt incoming! Look out!

Low sodium numbers over here!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Ew no, there's so many other better characters to add first. And Cad Bane as a counter? Wat?

It might be Aurra Sing instead of Cad Bane because of this:

• lowell
    1581 posts Member

Rose > Ahsoka

While Anakin and Padme biologically produced Luke and Leia, Ahsoka's an offspring of their teachings, Anakin on the Jedi side and Padme on the diplomacy side:

Them being somewhat parents to Ahsoka sort of got them ready to raise Luke and Leia had Anakin not fall to the dark side.

• ZephanUnbound
    3050 posts Member
    edited October 8

Rose > Ahsoka

Rose is pretty much the most universally hated character in all of Star Wars; she has some fans, but they are far, far outnumbered by those who dislike her, many of whom absolutely loathe her. Ahsoka has had her detractors, especially when she was first created, but as her character evolved over the course of the shows her fanbase grew, and now she has a pretty sizeable fanbase, many of whom are rabidly passionate about her. You don't really see that same level of passion for Rose amongst those who do like her.

This forum is a prime example of the passion that Ahsoka fans feel for the character; dozens of Ahsoka threads created since the game released, and the passion for Ahsoka here on this forum isn't even half of the passion that you see on Reddit and the devs tweets. Rose by comparison, I've seen maybe 3 threads asking for her in Battlefront 2 on this forum, and I'm fairly sure that 2 of them were intended as joke threads.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Hmm, the web is starting to cover this wider and wider and Grievous' voice lines are included as extra evidence supporting it:

https://thefutureoftheforce.com/2019/10/07/report-ahsoka-tano-and-padme-amidala-coming-to-star-wars-battlefront-ii/

Wouldn't be surprised if Ashley Eckstein actually does something similar to what Catherine Taber did eventually if a fan asks her about it on Twitter and Dennis retweets it also.

• I’ll be making a thread with my own build of padme! Stay tuned. Coming soon tomorrow!
  • ZephanUnbound
    3050 posts Member
    edited October 9
    lowell wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

Good thing we’re getting both

Hopefully no Ashoka gets added

The more negativity rises against Ahsoka, the more I want to see the meltdown that happens when Ahsoka does come to the game.

Remember Yoda's saying: “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

No more succa, we need variety on other heroes than just lightsaber prequel heroes

Lightsaber heroes/villains are by far the most played in the game, 4v4 lightsaber matches are quite common in HvV, and it's quite rare to see more than 2 blasters in an HvV match. So it does make sense for the devs to prioritize new saber heroes, why release blaster heroes if half the playerbase won't even touch them? It's sad, but that's how development goes, you don't prioritize content that won't be popular, especially if your team has very limited development resources, like DICE. And if they want to add saber heroes prequels are pretty much their only option, as they've already added all of the canon OT and ST saber characters, except for Ezra, Kanan, Cal, and the Inquisitors, and they just aren't as popular as the PT era saber characters are.

Now does that mean that we're never going to get new blaster heroes? Of course not, the datamining and teases for Padme and teases for Cad Bane are clear evidence of that, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have other blaster heroes on their internal roadmap as well, such as Jyn/Krennic, and hopefully some characters from The Mandalorian. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if we get new saber characters before the next set of blaster heroes, it could easily happen.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Padme > Ahsoka

Hopefully no Ashoka gets added

The more negativity rises against Ahsoka, the more I want to see the meltdown that happens when Ahsoka does come to the game.

Remember Yoda's saying: “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

No more succa, we need variety on other heroes than just lightsaber prequel heroes

As long as the characters are canon, they deserve to be in the game.

Saber: Ahsoka and Ventress

Blaster: Padme and Aurra Sing

"The choices we make, the actions we take, moments both big and small, shape us into forces of destiny"-Maz Kanata

1039863-disney-channel-schedules-new-star-wars-forces-destiny-specials.jpg?itok=Pw7lriQ9

• Sam3S
    29 posts Member
    edited October 9
    To be honest, I don't give a ***** about Ahsoka as a character, I never watched the tv series. But when it comes to which one is going to be more fun to play as, the discussion is pretty much over for me. An agile double wielding lightsaber user? Bring it on, that'll be an absolute blast.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 9
    This is the Women of the Galaxy book, which was published last year:

A1MuIjvv7fL.jpg

And here is its table of contents:

8tyeouwe39q11.jpg

Note that the more important the character is to the canon and the more lore they are associated with, the more pages they get:

8 pages: Ahsoka, Leia, Padme, Rey

6 pages: Hera, Jyn, Maz, Phasma, Qi'ra, Rose, Sabine

4 pages: Aayla, Holdo, Ventress, Aphra, Enfys Nest, Mon Mothma

Every other character in the book at least got 2 pages minimum.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Look! A distraction over here!

kg92ukezjuxc.png

If she comes to the game, she might be the character with the most skins for the game, at least 10, half from the films and half from TCW, which has given her more variety of outfits than the films have.
  • lowell wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »

kg92ukezjuxc.png

If she comes to the game, she might be the character with the most skins for the game, at least 10, half from the films and half from TCW, which has given her more variety of outfits than the films have.

Definitely. Just a quick google search shows the numerous opportunities for skins.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

kg92ukezjuxc.png

Definitely a distraction
  • Relmets
    2372 posts Member

Lightsaber heroes/villains are by far the most played in the game, 4v4 lightsaber matches are quite common in HvV, and it's quite rare to see more than 2 blasters in an HvV match. So it does make sense for the devs to prioritize new saber heroes, why release blaster heroes if half the playerbase won't even touch them?

You seem to be under the false assumption that the average player picks a saber purely out of a sense of appeal/interest, while not considering that saber characters are just easier to use overall. And that doesn't mean a terrible player can do amazing with one, but they can absolutely get away with much more when using a saber compared to a blaster. Even better players might be compelled to switch from a blaster to a saber solely due to the inferior survivability of the former. Given the effort gap between the two, it's not surprising at all that you often see sabers across the board in HvV. But that's a failure of balancing and gameplay mechanics, not an indication that everyone would like to turn this third person shooter into a sword fighting game.

Heroes are the last thing this game needs right now, let alone sabers. But if they insist on making more heroes, then blaster characters are the better investment, especially when you account for the fact that any work put towards a new hero blaster can effectively translate to the creation of a trooper variant of that weapon.

wcn5rah1fvc2.png
    [+3748 posts]
  • Are any of the voices actually the original actors?

I doubt they would spend the hundreds of thousands on Natalie Portman this far into the game. When they could use a relatively unknown person and pay way less. I could be wrong though.

Daisy Ridley herself does all the Voice Lines for Rey in BF2
    John Boyega too as he is huge fan of the this game
    Billy Dee Williams for Lando
    Temuera as Boba Fett
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Relmets wrote: »

Lightsaber heroes/villains are by far the most played in the game, 4v4 lightsaber matches are quite common in HvV, and it's quite rare to see more than 2 blasters in an HvV match. So it does make sense for the devs to prioritize new saber heroes, why release blaster heroes if half the playerbase won't even touch them?

You seem to be under the false assumption that the average player picks a saber purely out of a sense of appeal/interest, while not considering that saber characters are just easier to use overall. And that doesn't mean a terrible player can do amazing with one, but they can absolutely get away with much more when using a saber compared to a blaster. Even better players might be compelled to switch from a blaster to a saber solely due to the inferior survivability of the former. Given the effort gap between the two, it's not surprising at all that you often see sabers across the board in HvV. But that's a failure of balancing and gameplay mechanics, not an indication that everyone would like to turn this third person shooter into a sword fighting game.

Heroes are the last thing this game needs right now, let alone sabers. But if they insist on making more heroes, then blaster characters are the better investment, especially when you account for the fact that any work put towards a new hero blaster can effectively translate to the creation of a trooper variant of that weapon.

wcn5rah1fvc2.png
    A Wikipedia article does not decide the premise and design choices for a game. It's simply a written piece to inform people about something- sometimes wiht mistakes. The game is not just the movies. It draws from whatever medium the team wishes to use. Be it a comic, tv show or movie. That's how it has been and will be.
  • Relmets wrote: »

wcn5rah1fvc2.png

Not trying to make a whole thing out of this(dont need to whip out any GoT gigs on me) but I pick saber users/palpatine out of interest. I can play blaster heroes effectively, but to me lightsabers atr the coolest weapon in the galaxy and wielding the force is exponentially cooler than running around with a gun. I can do that in any game. The force users make this unique. I dont select them cause of ease to play. I know everyone may not be in the same boat but that's my 2 cents on the matter.
  • Rinku
    123 posts Member
    Does this mean we can get... JANGO?!
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• this_old_mouse
    1282 posts Member
    edited October 9
    They said they were don’t with clone wars. So this can’t be possible.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Rinku wrote: »
    Does this mean we can get... JANGO?!

The devs said there is another character they're looking at and people have said Cad Bane. But my guess is Aurra Sing because she and Padme have fought each other directly and the devs have said Aurra Sing is a hero that's underrated:

Ew no, there's so many other better characters to add first. And Cad Bane as a counter? Wat?

It might be Aurra Sing instead of Cad Bane because of this:

• Padme > Ahsoka

We’re not though
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Padme > Ahsoka

We’re not though

Then, we're not getting any of them, by that logic.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

We’re not though

Not getting Ashoka *
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Padme > Ahsoka

We’re not though

Not getting Ashoka *

Not getting Padme *