criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Padme coming to bf2 hinted by Dennis???????

Replies

• lowell
    1581 posts Member
    They said they were don’t with clone wars. So this can’t be possible.

Well, we'll take a short break with TROS for the end of the year and January. And then, I think we could be getting a Mandalore cross-era season with content from TCW Season 7 and the Mandalorian Season 1 in February/March.

After that, probably Rogue One, basically covering all the films until 2022 when the first film in the Benioff and Weiss trilogy is released. And then, everything else in the canon is up for consideration for the game to grow out each era:

KVC6MWU.jpg
  • ANGEL
  • Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️

Im with this 100%. Then Bucksaw lost all credibility when they said Rose was better tho.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️
    lowell wrote: »
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

Rose > Ahsoka

While Anakin and Padme biologically produced Luke and Leia, Ahsoka's an offspring of their teachings, Anakin on the Jedi side and Padme on the diplomacy side:

Them being somewhat parents to Ahsoka sort of got them ready to raise Luke and Leia had Anakin not fall to the dark side.
  • They said they were don’t with clone wars. So this can’t be possible.

They meant done for the time being, not done permanently. PT is done now for the rest of the year, with OT content in October and November and ST content in December. What comes in 2020 we simply don’t know yet, but I’m pretty certain that there will be new content for all 3 eras in 2020.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3050 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Relmets wrote: »

Lightsaber heroes/villains are by far the most played in the game, 4v4 lightsaber matches are quite common in HvV, and it's quite rare to see more than 2 blasters in an HvV match. So it does make sense for the devs to prioritize new saber heroes, why release blaster heroes if half the playerbase won't even touch them?

You seem to be under the false assumption that the average player picks a saber purely out of a sense of appeal/interest, while not considering that saber characters are just easier to use overall. And that doesn't mean a terrible player can do amazing with one, but they can absolutely get away with much more when using a saber compared to a blaster. Even better players might be compelled to switch from a blaster to a saber solely due to the inferior survivability of the former. Given the effort gap between the two, it's not surprising at all that you often see sabers across the board in HvV. But that's a failure of balancing and gameplay mechanics, not an indication that everyone would like to turn this third person shooter into a sword fighting game.

Heroes are the last thing this game needs right now, let alone sabers. But if they insist on making more heroes, then blaster characters are the better investment, especially when you account for the fact that any work put towards a new hero blaster can effectively translate to the creation of a trooper variant of that weapon.

wcn5rah1fvc2.png

Eh, even back before all of the many blaster hero nerfs, when they could easily roll away from sabers and we had stun masters like Iden and Chewie, the saber heroes were still being picked a lot more often than the blasters in my experience. The simple fact is that for a great many fans, Star Wars games are all about Jedi/Sith wish fulfillment, and that is not something that will ever change. There are blaster fans of course, but they have always been outnumbered by Jedi/Sith fans. This is true of earlier Star Wars games like SWTOR as well, where the Jedi/Sith classes were played more often than the blaster classes.

Now as I said before, we will almost certainly still get new blaster heroes in the future, there is plenty of evidence to back that up. I’m just telling people that they shouldn’t be surprised if the next hero/villain pair is saber, because I’m pretty sure the next pair is going to be Ahsoka/Ventress, likely in February as a tie-in for TCW season 7. They have simply been in development for too long for them not to be the next pair imo. But I do think that after them the next few pairs will be blasters, likely Padme/Aurra or Padme/Cad Bane and Jyn/Krennic.
  • Relmets wrote: »

Lightsaber heroes/villains are by far the most played in the game, 4v4 lightsaber matches are quite common in HvV, and it's quite rare to see more than 2 blasters in an HvV match. So it does make sense for the devs to prioritize new saber heroes, why release blaster heroes if half the playerbase won't even touch them?

You seem to be under the false assumption that the average player picks a saber purely out of a sense of appeal/interest, while not considering that saber characters are just easier to use overall. And that doesn't mean a terrible player can do amazing with one, but they can absolutely get away with much more when using a saber compared to a blaster. Even better players might be compelled to switch from a blaster to a saber solely due to the inferior survivability of the former. Given the effort gap between the two, it's not surprising at all that you often see sabers across the board in HvV. But that's a failure of balancing and gameplay mechanics, not an indication that everyone would like to turn this third person shooter into a sword fighting game.

Heroes are the last thing this game needs right now, let alone sabers. But if they insist on making more heroes, then blaster characters are the better investment, especially when you account for the fact that any work put towards a new hero blaster can effectively translate to the creation of a trooper variant of that weapon.

wcn5rah1fvc2.png

But how do you come to the conclusion you know more about every B2 player more than him/her? Your BOTH making assumptions. It’s just a fact that most matches are sabers, every platform. It’s an assumption your making its because its easier, sounds like a personal reason while trying to make it sound like fact. You probably are right that it could be easier but everyone has different skill, no? Non of that matters because you don’t REALLY know why people pick sabers lol. You always have the most eye catching things to say. Or you have the data from people’s mind on hand?
    Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️

Im with this 100%. Then Bucksaw lost all credibility when they said Rose was better tho.

Easy, chief.

1jg6wsu9h5dw.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
    Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️

Easy, chief.

1jg6wsu9h5dw.gif

She has qualities. Just give me a day or two to think of some 😉😂
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️

Easy, chief.

1jg6wsu9h5dw.gif

Her non-film backstory, which is mentioned in the Canto Bight part of TLJ, is great but some things with her were forced in the plot. Could've been more natural like everyone else.
  • TLJ was garbage. Through and through. Inexcusable, really.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    TLJ was garbage. Through and through. Inexcusable, really.

The Mortis arc between Luke, Rey, and Kylo was okay but not that great. TLJ couldn't pull off what TCW did, though.
  • Need more female characters in bfII
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    End the clone wars should, no more of this lets get some love for other eras.
  • I would not interpret too much into that .. tbh, I would rather see them focus on trooper content and mapy by now, rather than additional heroes. We got enough over the past months, other topics should be focused more.
  • Relmets
    2372 posts Member
    edited October 10

6fjzh8h3qynv.png

A Wikipedia article does not decide the premise and design choices for a game. It's simply a written piece to inform people about something- sometimes wiht mistakes. The game is not just the movies. It draws from whatever medium the team wishes to use. Be it a comic, tv show or movie. That's how it has been and will be.
    @lowell

Maybe you'd prefer Origin's interpretation? And as a preemptive measure I'm going to advise against cherrypicking one of the other categories in order to try and undercut the shooter portion and dismiss my post. Battlefront is a shooter with complementary saber/force based elements.

Disregarding that, if you don't agree with something else that I brought up, I'm all ears

ak9m3yk2o68l.png
    Not trying to make a whole thing out of this(dont need to whip out any GoT gigs on me) but I pick saber users/palpatine out of interest. I can play blaster heroes effectively, but to me lightsabers atr the coolest weapon in the galaxy and wielding the force is exponentially cooler than running around with a gun. I can do that in any game. The force users make this unique. I dont select them cause of ease to play. I know everyone may not be in the same boat but that's my 2 cents on the matter.

Right but I never said NOBODY picks them out of interest, my point was that it's silly to assume the prevalence of sabers has absolutely nothing to do with how obnoxiously frustrating trying to use a blaster can be under so many circumstances. Everyone needs to remember that this is a video game and regardless of what people love about SW, aggravating game experiences caused by imbalances or inconsistencies will have an effect on how you play.

And for the record you can also use magic powers and swing swords in other games the same way you can "run around with a gun." I hope you understand that I want to partake in the Star Wars setting as much as you do.

3qo5kcru5b71.gif
    Eh, even back before all of the many blaster hero nerfs, when they could easily roll away from sabers and we had stun masters like Iden and Chewie, the saber heroes were still being picked a lot more often than the blasters in my experience. The simple fact is that for a great many fans, Star Wars games are all about Jedi/Sith wish fulfillment, and that is not something that will ever change. There are blaster fans of course, but they have always been outnumbered by Jedi/Sith fans. This is true of earlier Star Wars games like SWTOR as well, where the Jedi/Sith classes were played more often than the blaster classes.

Now as I said before, we will almost certainly still get new blaster heroes in the future, there is plenty of evidence to back that up. I’m just telling people that they shouldn’t be surprised if the next hero/villain pair is saber, because I’m pretty sure the next pair is going to be Ahsoka/Ventress, likely in February as a tie-in for TCW season 7. They have simply been in development for too long for them not to be the next pair imo. But I do think that after them the next few pairs will be blasters, likely Padme/Aurra or Padme/Cad Bane and Jyn/Krennic.

I don't doubt their popularity. I wouldn't be shocked to see them either, it certainly wouldn't be the first instance of bad decision making. Nevertheless it still stands that if additional heroes have to come then blasters would be a more productive use of time, even if it's solely for the possible benefit of expanding the infantry arsenal.

And sorry but you aren't going to get anywhere with me preaching about Jedi and Sith. They are a fraction of the potential that the Battlefront series has to offer and the attention they have received in spite of the neglect towards other aspects of the game is nothing short of an abomination.

The only thing that has become abundantly clear to me is that banking all of the resurgent Star Wars hype on a single set of games was a colossal mistake. Had EA given the people who can't fathom a SW game that doesn't emphasize heroes something like Fallen Order or a SW Overwatch clone, DICE could have done what they do best and both sides would probably be happier as a result.
    But how do you come to the conclusion you know more about every B2 player more than him/her?

I didn't come to that conclusion, I only provided some deeper context as to why HvV might be swamped by sabers. I find it highly likely that at the very least, some players would be inclined to pick a saber not necessarily because they prefer to, but rather they anticipate it to be a less frustrating experience overall.
    It’s an assumption your making its because its easier, sounds like a personal reason while trying to make it sound like fact.

The majority of blasters get screwed harder by underperforming teammates. It is more difficult for them to escape unfavorable engagements, especially vs force-users. Magnetic saberstun wreaks havoc on blasters more so than their saber counterparts, who, while still vulnerable, at least have swifter dodges and the ability to block. Blasters are more susceptible to CC. Things like these are what convince me that a decent amount of players who predominantly use sabers, especially soloqueuers, do so because to them gameplay concerns take precedence over SW appeal.
    You always have the most eye catching things to say.

I appreciate that thank you
    xlsuugme7w13.gif
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    [+3748 posts]
  • hsf_
    1904 posts Member
    It's not Mace Windu, therefore I do not care.
  • 3xpp5hm3hrhw.jpeg
    Honestly I would love padme to be in battlefront, she is one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I really hope she ends up in the game unlike Ahsoka. I hope her counter is Cad bane. Hopefully her voice actress is Natalie Portman even though it looks as though cat taber is probably going to do the voice if she is added.
    What do you guys think

frankly, MORE of the content of the prelogy ?????

padmé would certainly be a character may be interesting but I would much more heroes of the original trilogy as dengar and saw gerera
  • Speculation is fun fellas. Just don't get your hopes up to be disappointed.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️

Easy, chief.

1jg6wsu9h5dw.gif

Her non-film backstory, which is mentioned in the Canto Bight part of TLJ, is great.

2hc8nk2veir1.png
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • phmmdiuqnyfb.gif
    @Relmets you're right. You said average player. I'd be willing to bet the average player thinks lightsabers and force abilities are cooler than blasters. And I agree with wanting to do it in star wars setting. Sure I could go play Diablo 3 or Witcher 3 but they dont have Luke Skywalker. Guess we'll agree to disagree🤷‍♂️
  • They said they were don’t with clone wars. So this can’t be possible.

Hahaha They just said for now. Doesn't mean they wont shift back to Clone Wars by the middle of the year

cnxsp2pc5czb.gif
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

Good thing we’re getting both

We’re not though

Then, we're not getting any of them, by that logic.

Not getting Ashoka *

Not getting Padme *

Getting both*
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • ANGEL

tumblr_o1s568XdHd1ujwj8yo1_540.gif
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Relmets
    2372 posts Member
    phmmdiuqnyfb.gif
    @Relmets you're right. You said average player. I'd be willing to bet the average player thinks lightsabers and force abilities are cooler than blasters. And I agree with wanting to do it in star wars setting. Sure I could go play Diablo 3 or Witcher 3 but they dont have Luke Skywalker. Guess we'll agree to disagree🤷‍♂️

I'm not going to presume to know what the average player thinks but regardless sabers and force powers are secondary features of the game. All this really does either way is give more credence to what I said here:

The only thing that has become abundantly clear to me is that banking all of the resurgent Star Wars hype on a single set of games was a colossal mistake. Had EA given the people who can't fathom a SW game that doesn't emphasize heroes something like Fallen Order or a SW Overwatch clone, DICE could have done what they do best and both sides would probably be happier as a result.

[+3748 posts]
  • Haha, just mention the movie The Last Jedi and you guys are instantly derailed...just can't help yourselves.
  • Haha, just mention the movie The Last Jedi and you guys are instantly derailed...just can't help yourselves.

Kinda like that movie derailed the franchise right? But you’re right, this isn’t the place👍🏻
  • ANGEL

“Your an angel”
  • ANGEL

“Your an angel”

I would personally sponsor a natalie Portman voice actress movement

Kinda like that movie derailed the franchise right? But you’re right, this isn’t the place👍🏻

Get him!!!!!!😂😂😂😂
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Haha, just mention the movie The Last Jedi and you guys are instantly derailed...just can't help yourselves.

Ep 1 and two are worse by a veeery long shot. Even my personal fav is ep 3 is worse but not by far.

😂😂😂😂😂 I’m not even gonna open this up, like I said not the place. Wow
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Haha, just mention the movie The Last Jedi and you guys are instantly derailed...just can't help yourselves.

Ep 1 and two are worse by a veeery long shot. Even my personal fav is ep 3 is worse but not by far.

😢

😢

Feel free to make a separate thread about that ice cold take my friend! Episode 3 is borderline the best Star Wars, top 3 forsure, please don’t EVER say it’s worse than Last Jedi. You literally hurt my sole
  • ANGEL

“Your an angel”

I knew the quote but it was nice to place it anyway.

I want Padmé in the game but since they removed the voice line out of Grievous. I'm not sure wants going to happen. She might come like when they removed the DC17m blaster before announcing the commando.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • ANGEL

“Your an angel”

I knew the quote but it was nice to place it anyway.

I want Padmé in the game but since they removed the voice line out of Grievous. I'm not sure wants going to happen. She might come like when they removed the DC17m blaster before announcing the commando.

If anything, I think the tweet HELPED the situation, not confirmed it
  • Rose is a better developed character than Anakin. It’s called depth. Rian gets it.

Oh, and that Tweet confirms nothing about Padme coming to the game. Although I do hope she does but only after we’ve gotten substantial OT and ST content drops.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

😢

Feel free to make a separate thread about that ice cold take my friend! Episode 3 is borderline the best Star Wars, top 3 forsure, please don’t EVER say it’s worse than Last Jedi. You literally hurt my sole
    When did you watch ep1 and 2 the last time?

They are horrible movies only with it for the world building. Terrible pasting issues with boring themes and boring characters. Nostalgia blinds almost everyone.
    My favourite Star Wars movie is ep3 and my favourite era is the clone wars but I can acknowledge that TLJ is better from a movie stand point then every movie from the pt.
  • Rose is a better developed character than Anakin. It’s called depth. Rian gets it.

Oh, and that Tweet confirms nothing about Padme coming to the game. Although I do hope she does but only after we’ve gotten substantial OT and ST content drops.

😂😂😂
  • I'd rather Ahsoka over a politician
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • I'd rather Ahsoka over a politician

I dislike your opinion!

nvhs5iid4x96.gif
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2824 posts Member
    edited October 9

😢

When did you watch ep1 and 2 the last time?

They are horrible movies only with it for the world building. Terrible pasting issues with boring themes and boring characters. Nostalgia blinds almost everyone.
    My favourite Star Wars movie is ep3 and my favourite era is the clone wars but I can acknowledge that TLJ is better from a movie stand point then every movie from the pt.

Like I said, feel free to make a separate thread. It’s a good thing you’re not making movie reviews😂. ALL the Star Wars have issues (episode 1,2, 5, 6, 7, Solo), but the prequels get a lot of needed heat by people that watched YouTube videos trying to dissect them. NONE of them touch the relm of Last Jedi but we all have opinions! You could say nostalgia blinds us for the OT movies too, there are some glaring issues with some of those movies as well lol. PT movies are not as bad as people say, I can watch it through and through, I can’t watch Last Jedi
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Rose is a better developed character than Anakin. It’s called depth. Rian gets it.

I was not really a fan of rose. Anakin has way better character development in labyrinth of evil. I overall prefer the prequel characters but the first two movies are just so boring.
    Rose is a better developed character than Anakin. It’s called depth. Rian gets it.

I was not really a fan of rose. Anakin has way better character development in labyrinth of evil. I overall prefer the prequel characters but the first two movies are just so boring.

Rose > Anakin

dvrbrp6m3fag.gif
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »

dvrbrp6m3fag.gif

• Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!
  • Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

This would sadden me very much.