criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Padme coming to bf2 hinted by Dennis???????

Replies

• Padme > Ahsoka

Why is she better???
    -BlackShadow2804
  • Rose is a better developed character than Anakin. It’s called depth. Rian gets it.

Oh, and that Tweet confirms nothing about Padme coming to the game. Although I do hope she does but only after we’ve gotten substantial OT and ST content drops.

HAHAHAHAHA...Oh you're serious? Wow. Did you even watch TCW
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

“Your breaking my heart!”
  • Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

This would sadden me very much.

It's the trend going in this game

:'(
  • Gizmoe
    107 posts Member
    AmpDieX04 wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

Why is she better???
    Without her there’s no Luke or Leia. No Kylo or maybe Rey. 😂
  • Gizmoe
    107 posts Member
    Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

That’d be an epic emote, especially doing it to Vader.
  • Gizmoe wrote: »
    Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

That’d be an epic emote, especially doing it to Vader.

indeed
  • AmpDieX04 wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

Why is she better???

why isn't she
  • Rose is a better developed character than Anakin. It’s called depth. Rian gets it.

Oh, and that Tweet confirms nothing about Padme coming to the game. Although I do hope she does but only after we’ve gotten substantial OT and ST content drops.

I tried to but ended up blacking out due to how terrible it was. My opinion, don’t trip.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Gizmoe
    107 posts Member
    When she dies she could make that scream from the lego games

I tried to but ended up blacking out due to how terrible it was. My opinion, don’t trip.

Whats it like loving a trash can?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Whats it like loving a trash can?

I kept my food in. The show wasn’t worth losing the calories over. Again?
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Better Jango than Cad Bane. Not everyone watches the shows and he is more iconic.
  • K4152
    123 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Padme would be a great addition to battlefront

What do mean lego video games don't talk.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala

What do mean lego video games don't talk.

Go look it up lmao
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• They said they were don’t with clone wars. So this can’t be possible.

They meant done for the time being, not done permanently. PT is done now for the rest of the year, with OT content in October and November and ST content in December. What comes in 2020 we simply don’t know yet, but I’m pretty certain that there will be new content for all 3 eras in 2020.

Oh i hope we get OT content for most of 2020, and who said that the October and November updates are OT? I'm guessing it's not, since if they leave the PT now, then it will be imbalanced, because now the AT-RT has no counter, so i'm guessing it will be another armor class for the for the clone wars, and then OT content for most of next year. That also wouldn't work, because i though the commando droid skins that were leaked, i though those were coming in November? They don't mix era content together, that would be mixing clone PT content and OT content in October and November, so i think and hope that the last PT updates we'll get is the October and November updates, then TROS updates in December and January, then at last OT content for most of next year, then a couple more PT updates maybe in late 2020 or early 2021.
  • I'd rather Ahsoka over a politician

Yes i agree.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Gizmoe wrote: »
    She can distract the battlefield with her Geonosis outfit

I watched ep2 again and man that really was... distracting.

Look! A distraction over here!

kg92ukezjuxc.png

That picture just brings out my inner Wayne's World... I'm shocked she wasn't added sooner...muqibzm4aq3c.gif

• Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

Rose > Ahsoka

Rose is pretty much the most universally hated character in all of Star Wars; she has some fans, but they are far, far outnumbered by those who dislike her, many of whom absolutely loathe her. Ahsoka has had her detractors, especially when she was first created, but as her character evolved over the course of the shows her fanbase grew, and now she has a pretty sizeable fanbase, many of whom are rabidly passionate about her. You don't really see that same level of passion for Rose amongst those who do like her.

This forum is a prime example of the passion that Ahsoka fans feel for the character; dozens of Ahsoka threads created since the game released, and the passion for Ahsoka here on this forum isn't even half of the passion that you see on Reddit and the devs tweets. Rose by comparison, I've seen maybe 3 threads asking for her in Battlefront 2 on this forum, and I'm fairly sure that 2 of them were intended as joke threads.

Come on man. Jar jar
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

Rose > Ahsoka

Rose is pretty much the most universally hated character in all of Star Wars; she has some fans, but they are far, far outnumbered by those who dislike her, many of whom absolutely loathe her. Ahsoka has had her detractors, especially when she was first created, but as her character evolved over the course of the shows her fanbase grew, and now she has a pretty sizeable fanbase, many of whom are rabidly passionate about her. You don't really see that same level of passion for Rose amongst those who do like her.

This forum is a prime example of the passion that Ahsoka fans feel for the character; dozens of Ahsoka threads created since the game released, and the passion for Ahsoka here on this forum isn't even half of the passion that you see on Reddit and the devs tweets. Rose by comparison, I've seen maybe 3 threads asking for her in Battlefront 2 on this forum, and I'm fairly sure that 2 of them were intended as joke threads.

Come on man. Jar jar

tbh... there are worse characters than jarjar

and at least jar jar did not do something as stupid as rose did in the last jedi: Finn is rushing with the speeder to destroy the mini death star weapon, willing to die, rose crashes into him with her speeder, which looking at it by a percentage would most likely have both killed actually instead of saved? I mean, what is that logic...
  • greedo1980
    724 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Jar Jar is the spark that lit the fire that burned Lucasfilm down.

He was catastrophic.

I'm not saying he was the only reason that the prequels weren't well received back in the day, nor the only reason that George became disillusioned with film making and sold LF to the white slavers, but if we are doing an objective analysis of what went wrong then Jar Jar Is inarguably is the poster boy for all of that.

I don't mind him personally.

He was catastrophic.

I'm not saying he was the only reason that the prequels weren't well received back in the day, nor the only reason that George became disillusioned with film making and sold LF to the white slavers, but if we are doing an objective analysis of what went wrong then Jar Jar Is inarguably is the poster boy for all of that.

nahhh, C3PO is sometimes more annoying in the OG than Jar Jar in the PT tbh BUT, this discussion is far away from the OP topic, so maybe we should come back.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »

He was catastrophic.

George said he's the Star Wars equivalent of Goofy but even Goofy wasn't always as silly as him.

Him helping the Gungan army getting Grievous damaged and captured was the only thing I believe redeems him at all.

In Aftermath: Empire's End (novel takes place around the Battle of Jakku), he's a street clown on the streets of Theed and the public has shunned him after knowing how much ties he had in helping Sheev assume control of the Republic, leading to the formation of the Empire.
  • Moojammin_10
    2349 posts Member
    edited October 10
    I actually wish DICE would just put this to bed. I'm bored of reading these kind of threads.

Everytime I am hoping to read some new information or something different but it's the same arguments over and over.

For the record I would not believe ANYTHING is coming until it is OFFICIALLY announced by the developers.

Any conversations outside of this scenario are a waste if time.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    I actually wish DICE would just put this to bed. I'm bored of reading these kind of threads.

Everytime I am hoping to read some new information or something different but it's the same arguments over and over.

For the record I would not believe ANYTHING is coming until it is OFFICIALLY announced by the developers.

Well, the oddest thing here is not a lot of the people on the forums are into social media that much and sometimes that side of the web could work in their favors because they can see what teases the devs are posting on Twitter and how much they are into non-film Star Wars content, which could be probably the maximum form of content that encompasses this game by the end of this game's development.
  • lowell wrote: »

Well, the oddest thing here is not a lot of the people on the forums are into social media that much and sometimes that side of the web could work in their favors because they can see what teases the devs are posting on Twitter and how much they are into non-film Star Wars content, which could be probably the maximum form of content that encompasses this game by the end of this game's development.

Possibly. I'd take quality over quantity all day long though.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Padme > Ahsoka

⬆️

Im with this 100%. Then Bucksaw lost all credibility when they said Rose was better tho.

Easy, chief.

1jg6wsu9h5dw.gif

Her non-film backstory, which is mentioned in the Canto Bight part of TLJ, is great.

2hc8nk2veir1.png

Was mostly talking about her appearance in pre-TLJ stories like Cobalt Squadron, Bomber Command, Resistance Fighter, the Forces of Destiny comic, the Star Wars Adventures comic, Marvel's Age of Resistance comic and they give Rose and Paige more justice than TLJ & maybe TROS (JJ might turn what Rian did around into a better light) will ever do.

Cobalt Squadron before TLJ is like what Before the Awakening was before TFA:

latest?cb=20170831224519

81Ui25faJML.jpg

latest?cb=20150925225436

71dkU2pKQ4L.jpg

Marvel's Age of Resistance comic:

latest?cb=20190919045435

IDW's Forces of Destiny comic (the story inside the comic represents more depth than the cover):

latest?cb=20180121011409

Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

Rose > Ahsoka

Come on man. Jar jar

He was catastrophic.

Jar jar is far from the poster boy, that’s such a gross overstatement. Believe it or not there are people that actually liked Jar Jar. So he brought some goofy scenes to star war, big deal. C3PO didn’t do the same for the OT? Jar jar was fine, people need to let that train leave the station
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

Possibly. I'd take quality over quantity all day long though.

That's also my desire for this game, all content can come to the game as long the quality stays consistent or the scale of it goes up.
  • At the end of the day, the tweets don’t confirm her, but they certainly will get the convo started internally with the devs and the door is inching more open. It’s silly one of the top characters of the whole story isn’t in this game.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    At the end of the day, the tweets don’t confirm her, but they certainly will get the convo started internally with the devs and the door is inching more open. It’s silly one of the top characters of the whole story isn’t in this game.

If the same thing happens with Ashley Eckstein closer to the release of TCW Season 7 in Februrary, especially to do PR for Disney+, it's going to get people talking and perhaps Some_Info on Reddit might have been reliable after all, despite having not confirmed to be a DICE employee yet (wondering if it's a dev we know or someone we haven't met yet but works on the Battlefront II team).
    At the end of the day, the tweets don’t confirm her, but they certainly will get the convo started internally with the devs and the door is inching more open. It’s silly one of the top characters of the whole story isn’t in this game.

If the same thing happens with Ashley Eckstein closer to the release of TCW Season 7 in Februrary, especially to do PR for Disney+, it's going to get people talking and perhaps Some_Info on Reddit might have been reliable after all, despite having not confirmed to be a DICE employee yet (wondering if it's a dev we know or someone we haven't met yet but works on the Battlefront II team).

Most leakers tend to be within the company somehow. I feel like it’s a good bet. There’s gotta be SOMEONE feeling guilt in either company I’d hope so they’d start leaking 😂
  • I read somewhere that the Ashoka thing was a plant by DICE to catch the leak and the staff member known as Some-Info has now been dismissed.

I'll try and find the link.
  • I read somewhere that the Ashoka thing was a plant by DICE to catch the leak and the staff member known as Some-Info has now been dismissed.

It wasn’t even a “leak” he stated they were working on them for months. So IF it’s credible, they faked working on characters, with voice lines in the game, for months?

That link would be helpful
  • Padme is confirmed. If y'all remember James Arnold Taylor & Matt Lanter were done just like this before their characters were announced.
  • Padme is confirmed. If y'all remember James Arnold Taylor & Matt Lanter were done just like this before their characters were announced.

Yea I don’t think these things, just happen

It wasn’t even a “leak” he stated they were working on them for months. So IF it’s credible, they faked working on characters, with voice lines in the game, for months?

Right! Was a plant but grevious has voicelines towards them

Fair point. I'll try and find it.

It also said something about work is being done on the Battlefront offering for next gen consoles earmarked for release in 2020 so actors being used to record stuff could be for that rather than this game...... I know its all hear say and nothing confirmed.. interesting though.

It also said something about work is being done on the Battlefront offering for next gen consoles earmarked for release in 2020 so actors being used to record stuff could be for that rather than this game...... I know its all hear say and nothing confirmed.. interesting though.

Yea I don’t see EA missing out on releasing another Star Wars game for the next gens 😂. That is interesting
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

EA's portrayal of General Anakin by different studios:

Battlefront II (DICE)

350?cb=20190718204523

Galaxy of Heroes (EA Capital Games and EA Mobile)

general-anakin-skywalker-galaxy-of-heroes-screen.jpg

4biovyg3kjte.jpg

• lowell
    1581 posts Member
    I read somewhere that the Ashoka thing was a plant by DICE to catch the leak and the staff member known as Some-Info has now been dismissed.

Yea I don’t see EA missing out on releasing another Star Wars game for the next gens 😂. That is interesting

Guessing Battlefront III being released in 2022 when the first film in the Benioff and Weiss trilogy is released. The sales results of that game will determine on whether or not Disney will renew EA's Star Wars license.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Wanted to share this with the forum because it'll mean something to everyone differently and it's something we should always take into perspective when we're dealing with this franchise.

A message from an veteran actor of Star Wars, Freddie Prinze Jr., the voice of Kanan Jarrus from Rebels (warning: the dialogue might be a bit much for some to handle so watch it if you think you can handle it):

Alternate link: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3aUrNoFE5S/

And this also has been reiterated many times by Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau, George Lucas, etc. so it's not something new.
    Post edited by lowell on
    Wanted to share this with the forum because it'll mean something to everyone differently and it's something we should always take into perspective when we're dealing with this franchise.

A message from an veteran actor of Star Wars, Freddie Prinze Jr., the voice of Kanan Jarrus from Rebels (warning: the dialogue might be a bit much for some to handle so watch it if you think you can handle it):

And this also has been reiterated many times by Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau, George Lucas, etc. so it's not something new.

??? You want us to watch an error screen?

Now its working
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

Here's an alternate link: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3aUrNoFE5S/
  • Man that ALOT of F bombs hahahaha
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    So true. Power levels are stupid.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3050 posts Member
    edited October 10

Rose > Ahsoka

Come on man. Jar jar

Jar Jar has actually grown on alot of fans over time, he's nowhere near as hated as he used to be. There are multiple things responsible for Jar Jar hate diminishing over years; people realizing that the prequels weren't all that bad after watching episode 8 and seeing how much worse it is, Jar Jar's actor Ahmed Best revealing that he almost committed suicide due to the Jar Jar hate, the popular Sith Jar Jar theory, etc.

I would definitely say that Rose hate has eclipsed Jar Jar hate now overall. I know that I don't mind Jar Jar but hate Rose personally.