criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Padme coming to bf2 hinted by Dennis???????

124Next

Replies

  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

    Rose > Ahsoka

    Rose is pretty much the most universally hated character in all of Star Wars; she has some fans, but they are far, far outnumbered by those who dislike her, many of whom absolutely loathe her. Ahsoka has had her detractors, especially when she was first created, but as her character evolved over the course of the shows her fanbase grew, and now she has a pretty sizeable fanbase, many of whom are rabidly passionate about her. You don't really see that same level of passion for Rose amongst those who do like her.

    This forum is a prime example of the passion that Ahsoka fans feel for the character; dozens of Ahsoka threads created since the game released, and the passion for Ahsoka here on this forum isn't even half of the passion that you see on Reddit and the devs tweets. Rose by comparison, I've seen maybe 3 threads asking for her in Battlefront 2 on this forum, and I'm fairly sure that 2 of them were intended as joke threads.

    Come on man. Jar jar

    Jar Jar has actually grown on alot of fans over time, he's nowhere near as hated as he used to be. There are multiple things responsible for Jar Jar hate diminishing over years; people realizing that the prequels weren't all that bad after watching the sequels and seeing how much worse they are (especially episode 8), Jar Jar's actor Ahmed Best revealing that he almost committed suicide due to the Jar Jar hate, the Sith Jar Jar theory, etc.

    The hate for the actor or actors in general is not justified in any way.
    Does it make ep1-2 better? No. Still awful movies that only added to the lore and give us some good content outside of the movies.
  • lowell wrote: »
    Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

    EA's portrayal of General Anakin by different studios:

    Battlefront II (DICE)

    350?cb=20190718204523

    Galaxy of Heroes (EA Capital Games and EA Mobile)

    general-anakin-skywalker-galaxy-of-heroes-screen.jpg

    4biovyg3kjte.jpg

    The last picture resembles hayden more than battlefront 2
  • ZephanUnbound
    3050 posts Member
    edited October 10
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

    Rose > Ahsoka

    Rose is pretty much the most universally hated character in all of Star Wars; she has some fans, but they are far, far outnumbered by those who dislike her, many of whom absolutely loathe her. Ahsoka has had her detractors, especially when she was first created, but as her character evolved over the course of the shows her fanbase grew, and now she has a pretty sizeable fanbase, many of whom are rabidly passionate about her. You don't really see that same level of passion for Rose amongst those who do like her.

    This forum is a prime example of the passion that Ahsoka fans feel for the character; dozens of Ahsoka threads created since the game released, and the passion for Ahsoka here on this forum isn't even half of the passion that you see on Reddit and the devs tweets. Rose by comparison, I've seen maybe 3 threads asking for her in Battlefront 2 on this forum, and I'm fairly sure that 2 of them were intended as joke threads.

    Come on man. Jar jar

    Jar Jar has actually grown on alot of fans over time, he's nowhere near as hated as he used to be. There are multiple things responsible for Jar Jar hate diminishing over years; people realizing that the prequels weren't all that bad after watching the sequels and seeing how much worse they are (especially episode 8), Jar Jar's actor Ahmed Best revealing that he almost committed suicide due to the Jar Jar hate, the Sith Jar Jar theory, etc.

    The hate for the actor or actors in general is not justified in any way.
    Does it make ep1-2 better? No. Still awful movies that only added to the lore and give us some good content outside of the movies.

    Agreed, the hate for the actors has always been unjustified, rather it was Jake (Anakin #1), Hayden (Anakin #2), Ahmed (Jar Jar), or Kelly (Rose). Star Wars fan hate nearly ended Ahmed's life, and fan hate wrecked Jake's life (he retired from acting as a result of fan hate, and was later arrested and diagnosed with schizophrenia which he had developed due to the bullying he endured as a child both at school and from people on the internet due to his playing Anakin).

    I've actually seen a great many people re-evaluate the prequels recently and rate them much higher. If there is one good thing about the dreadful episode 8, it was that the movie caused many fans to rewatch and re-evaluate the prequels, and many of them rated them much higher as a result. As somebody who liked the prequels all along, it feels vindicating to see so many others changing their mind about the prequels these days.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

    Rose > Ahsoka

    Rose is pretty much the most universally hated character in all of Star Wars; she has some fans, but they are far, far outnumbered by those who dislike her, many of whom absolutely loathe her. Ahsoka has had her detractors, especially when she was first created, but as her character evolved over the course of the shows her fanbase grew, and now she has a pretty sizeable fanbase, many of whom are rabidly passionate about her. You don't really see that same level of passion for Rose amongst those who do like her.

    This forum is a prime example of the passion that Ahsoka fans feel for the character; dozens of Ahsoka threads created since the game released, and the passion for Ahsoka here on this forum isn't even half of the passion that you see on Reddit and the devs tweets. Rose by comparison, I've seen maybe 3 threads asking for her in Battlefront 2 on this forum, and I'm fairly sure that 2 of them were intended as joke threads.

    Come on man. Jar jar

    Jar Jar has actually grown on alot of fans over time, he's nowhere near as hated as he used to be. There are multiple things responsible for Jar Jar hate diminishing over years; people realizing that the prequels weren't all that bad after watching the sequels and seeing how much worse they are (especially episode 8), Jar Jar's actor Ahmed Best revealing that he almost committed suicide due to the Jar Jar hate, the Sith Jar Jar theory, etc.

    The hate for the actor or actors in general is not justified in any way.
    Does it make ep1-2 better? No. Still awful movies that only added to the lore and give us some good content outside of the movies.

    Agreed, the hate for the actors has always been unjustified, rather it was Jake (Anakin #1), Hayden (Anakin #2), Ahmed (Jar Jar), or Kelly (Rose). Star Wars fan hate nearly ended Ahmed's life, and fan hate wrecked Jake's life (he retired from acting as a result of fan hate, and was later arrested and diagnosed with schizophrenia which he had developed due to the bullying he endured as a child both at school and from people on the internet due to his playing Anakin).

    I've actually seen a great many people re-evaluate the prequels recently and rate them much higher. If there is one good thing about the dreadful episode 8, it was that the movie caused many fans to rewatch and re-evaluate the prequels, and many of them rated them much higher as a result. As somebody who liked the prequels all along, it feels vindicating to see so many others changing their mind about the prequels these days.

    I love ep3 it’s my fav Star Wars movie with esb. Rewatching the first two movies changed my opinion on them. I was like: tpm and aotc are ok movies! Enjoyable! But oh god I was so sad when I rewatched them. Soo boring and jar jars voice is so annoying in English.
    Ep 2 is only ok after it picks up speed when Obi Land on kamino. For lore I will always pick the prequels but as a movie experience I prefer ep 7-8.
  • Can the prequel haters explain to me why you wouldnt want padme in the game? I dont understand how you can have a big star wars game without a main character of the franchise
  • Can the prequel haters explain to me why you wouldnt want padme in the game? I dont understand how you can have a big star wars game without a main character of the franchise

    I’m a relatively known and open hater on the PT and I would love Padme in the game. I think adding some of the more unique Jedi from the Council, such as Oppo Rancisis or Yarael would also be a good move in terms of gameplay, but people trip on screen time and all of that nonsense. Playing as somebody obscure is way more interesting to me than playing as main characters we’ve seen for 3 films.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • It that... or hes just a big nerd and he likes to quote StarWars movie number 2, I dunno it’s all conspiracy and what not. Eh, could be he’s dropping hints could be he’s just messing around and stuff.
    I’m sure that I don’t have a Twitter so I’m not knowledgeable about this why care for me opinions [spoiler/]
    The developers of the game did drop hints before that turned out to be true and there was all conspiracy that it was just messing with people to convince them otherwise but nothing was gonna happen but lo and behold a lie because that’s what happened. Ramble ramble
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 11
    lowell wrote: »
    Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

    EA's portrayal of General Anakin by different studios:

    Battlefront II (DICE)

    350?cb=20190718204523

    Galaxy of Heroes (EA Capital Games and EA Mobile)

    general-anakin-skywalker-galaxy-of-heroes-screen.jpg

    4biovyg3kjte.jpg

    The last picture resembles hayden more than battlefront 2

    Here's Anakin from a game outside of EA, Force Arena, which is now defunct:

    3f6f771d1ccd3fb7d46c6f189ba58299.png

    This could be odd to you but a lot more people on the web had issues with General Anakin in Galaxy of Heroes (particularly with the first picture) than Battlefront II. Don't know why but they're praising that Battlefront II is the best interpretation of General Anakin overall. I think it's all fine and each game studio probably does their own take on Anakin to make him more distinctive with his versions in other games.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • They should definitely bring aura sing if they bring padme.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 10
    r3h1mkxjcan9.jpg

    Yeah, all characters that were in the Forces of Destiny media initiative will probably make it into this game.

    Seeing the first four female heroes coming to the game in a long time (Padme, Ahsoka, Ventress, and Aurra) to cap off TCW for a longer break after Season 7 and complementing the four male heroes that started major TCW presence in the game (Dooku, Grievous, Obi-Wan, and Anakin).

    The addition of more female heroes in the game (we have to admit it's still a sausage fest so far) could definitely allow more Star Wars fans from the community to support the game and grow the player base, especially since how much support Forces of Destiny has gotten overall and how much they've been anticipating these characters to show up since launch and even during the days of Battlefront 2015.

    1039863-disney-channel-schedules-new-star-wars-forces-destiny-specials.jpg?itok=Pw7lriQ9





    "The choices we make, the actions we take, moments both big and small, shape us into forces of destiny"-Maz Kanata
  • rryhn7l3pk9s.jpg

    This is gold 😂😂😂😂
  • rryhn7l3pk9s.jpg

    This is gold 😂😂😂😂

    I have to admit I really wonder how people get their jobs sometimes.
  • rryhn7l3pk9s.jpg

    This is gold 😂😂😂😂

    Yep. Padme and Aurra were also cartoon characters so that guy was dumb LOL
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

    EA's portrayal of General Anakin by different studios:

    Battlefront II (DICE)

    350?cb=20190718204523

    Galaxy of Heroes (EA Capital Games and EA Mobile)

    general-anakin-skywalker-galaxy-of-heroes-screen.jpg

    4biovyg3kjte.jpg

    The last picture resembles hayden more than battlefront 2

    Here's from a game outside of EA, Force Arena, which is now defunct:

    3f6f771d1ccd3fb7d46c6f189ba58299.png

    This could be odd to you but a lot more people on the web had issues with General Anakin in Galaxy of Heroes (particularly with the first picture) than Battlefront II. Don't know why but they're praising that Battlefront II is the best interpretation of General Anakin overall. I think it's all fine and each game studio probably does their own take on Anakin to make him more distinctive with his versions in other games.

    I loved that game, put more time into it then battlefront 2
  • My God their banter is cringe :D
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

    EA's portrayal of General Anakin by different studios:

    Battlefront II (DICE)

    350?cb=20190718204523

    Galaxy of Heroes (EA Capital Games and EA Mobile)

    general-anakin-skywalker-galaxy-of-heroes-screen.jpg

    4biovyg3kjte.jpg

    The last picture resembles hayden more than battlefront 2

    Here's from a game outside of EA, Force Arena, which is now defunct:

    3f6f771d1ccd3fb7d46c6f189ba58299.png

    This could be odd to you but a lot more people on the web had issues with General Anakin in Galaxy of Heroes (particularly with the first picture) than Battlefront II. Don't know why but they're praising that Battlefront II is the best interpretation of General Anakin overall. I think it's all fine and each game studio probably does their own take on Anakin to make him more distinctive with his versions in other games.

    I loved that game, put more time into it then battlefront 2

    Well, the relationship between Netmarble and Disney at that time led to its shut down along with also the end of Disney Magical Dice. The only Disney IP game continuing to be supported by Netmarble is Marvel Future Fight.

    Pay-to-win transactions and cash grab tactics played some impact and Galaxy of Heroes being too similar and more profitable than it probably crushed it into its downfall.

    Uprising also met its doom due to the in-app transactions so its story had to be continued in the Empire's End novel and weirdly, once Kabam, the developer shut down the game, part of the studio was bought by Netmarble a month later.

    latest?cb=20150604161027

    I wouldn't mind if Uprising's story could be retooled for this game and the concept art of weapons, locations, characters, etc. could be revitalized as future OT content.

  • Guys. HvV. Anakin Padme Luke Leia. VS a Vader Kylo Palp. The circle is complete
  • rryhn7l3pk9s.jpg

    This is gold 😂😂😂😂

    Yep. Padme and Aurra were also cartoon characters so that guy was dumb LOL

    Agreed.
  • I want padme, but i think people are jumping too far ahead, i can wait and i'm sure everyone else can wait, PT lover or not, it should wait, all of 2020 should be all OT no clone wars content, in late 2020 or early 2021 then padme and all that crap can come, but i really want 2020 to be all OT reinforcements, heroes, maps and an OT capital supremacy, because i am getting tired of just playing at PT era maps and PT heroes, even if they did add padme, i would still probably get pretty bored, since i'm still playing at the same maps over and over again and to me, she would probably get old and boring fast, most blaster heroes get old and boring to me, i really have no drive to play as them, the blaster heroes are sometimes maybe even an OP type of boring to me, and most of the time they are sitting targets in say a game mode like GA. So i really want other heroes, OT era heroes in particular more than padme, don't get me wrong i want her to be with anakin, but anakin killed her anyways, so i'm sure he can wait for his wife to come, it would be nice to play CS on say, scariff, lothal and other maps, for a change.

  • I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 11

    Well, they weren't the "big deal" in the last game but since DICE's leadership has gotten some changes and the leader of the Battlefront 2015 team exited the studio, these devs were promoted due to their understanding of the canon and their relationship with Lucasfilm built up over the years.

    If the Battlefront 2015 leadership stayed in this game, we wouldn't get a campaign (no matter the story or quality of it) that was desired in the previous game and an acknowledgement that the game can accommodate the entire canon, not just the films (overall just a sliver of the Star Wars universe).

    This is a step up, not a step down, and possibly (not a guarantee) could revitalize the game with new players from the Star Wars community online who have wished to see more non-film content make it into the game.

    The clowns are the ones who keep trolling about the differences between films and shows when they, along with comics, novels, etc. are together just one long story that doesn't necessarily go in a linear direction but many different paths.

    Sometimes I think the content could outweigh the type of modes but in the endgame, they'll probably balance each other out since there's still time to develop new ways to play.

    I have been wondering if multi-faction game play is possible like 2 allied factions vs 1 enemy (Republic and Mandalorian Resistance vs. Shadow Collective).
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

    I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Wonder if the intention is that every Battlefront installment should be distinctive from each other and while we'll see some familiar elements of past games come back in the new ones, the studio producing the current iteration of Battlefront are allowed the freedom to experiment and evolve Battlefront into the future with data gathered from the gameplay of the player base itself.

  • I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought


  • He had a nice clap back. Agreed his decision haven’t been perfect but let’s not act like this wasn’t anything but funny 😅😂

  • I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 11
    Not going to link it but the one who trolled the devs yesterday is being called out on Twitter for other stuff right now: he promised he'll uninstall the game if non-film content come to the game (not realizing Lando's blaster, hero appearances, droid and clone commandos already counts) and he didn't know that the non-film content weren't in the movies.

    He's basically the Raimi Spider-Man fandom that were cheering when the original Sony-Disney deal fall apart before the new deal was made.

    But at the end of the day, we need to realize this franchise is for everyone, George Lucas iterated that each new iteration is for a new generation of kids.

    Jon Favreau re-explained this with context on when George visited him and Dave Filoni on the set of the Mandalorian Season 1:

    https://www.gqmiddleeast.com/culture/heres-what-jon-favreau-and-george-lucas-have-been-talking-about-for-the-mandalorian



    Also, wanted to bring this to those who haven't seen it yet:
    lowell wrote: »
    Wanted to share this with the forum because it'll mean something to everyone differently and it's something we should always take into perspective when we're dealing with this franchise.

    A message from an veteran actor of Star Wars, Freddie Prinze Jr., the voice of Kanan Jarrus from Rebels (warning: the dialogue might be a bit much for some to handle so watch it if you think you can handle it):



    Alternate link: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B3aUrNoFE5S/

    And this also has been reiterated many times by Dave Filoni, Jon Favreau, George Lucas, etc. so it's not something new.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2824 posts Member
    edited October 11

    I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)

    Well conquest was meant as Galatic conquest I thought, my mistake. It’s PRETTY obvious CS is made from conquest, I’m quite aware they are from EA 😆. They said they played the old battlefront, and they have a lot of inspiration from them, if they could’ve done GALACTIC conquest don’t you think they would’ve done it? How popular would’ve that been, enormously. Doesn’t have to be copyrighted. I doubt a new company (EA) and just flat out copy another companies game mode without asking, even just as a show of good faith. Also Lucas could’ve said no go on GALACTIC conquest. Can’t stress enough how popular that would’ve been. They’ve stated this isn’t a direct remake or sequel to the old ones, maybe there’s more to that reason of them. Hope you’d saved room for dessert. Just thought you meant the real conquest, which was wanted more

  • I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)

    Well conquest was meant as Galatic conquest. It’s PRETTY obvious CS is made from conquest, I’m quite aware they are from EA 😆. They said they played the old battlefront, and they have a lot of inspiration from them, if they could’ve done GALACTIC conquest don’t you think they would’ve done it? How popular would’ve that been, enormously. Doesn’t have to be copyrighted. I doubt a new company (EA) and just flat out copy another companies game mode without asking, even just as a show of good faith. Also Lucas could’ve said no go on GALACTIC conquest. Can’t stress enough how popular that would’ve been. They’ve stated this isn’t a direct remake or sequel to the old ones, maybe there’s more to that reason of them. Hope you’d saved room for dessert. Just thought you meant the real conquest, which was wanted more

    Well, some things of what you say is what I meant, maybe I expressed myself wrong:
    1. Devs stated, as you correctly pointed out, that their series of BF is not a continuation of the originals and that they want to do it differently. Which is fine and I agree with that, games have changed noticeably over the past years and decades. But as far as I understand their contract with Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm / -arts is not able to say you are not allowed to do this or that game mode EXCEPT it is against the in-place storyline (so that you can not play with stormtroopers against droids e.g.). Furthermore, devs stated that they COULD have made a copy of the OG series, but did not want to. Which clearly says it, they can, but do not want to.
    2. The "other company" from the OG Battlefront series does not exist anymore and many of these former devs now work for DICE / EA Studios, so who you wanna ask? Do not quite get this argument tbh.
    3. As mentioned before, they could have had CS in place with the launch of the game. It is what the players mostly wanted and yet they decided to present GA as main game mode. Just do not get why they decided to do it that way, since Lucasarts seems not to have such influence on themregardings designing game modes.
    4. I Agree with you, Galactic Conquest would have been lit, but as stated and also from my knowledge from working in the industry, there is no such contract which limits you so much that you are not free to design a game mode as the developing studio as long as it is not against any story elements.
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member

    I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)

    Well conquest was meant as Galatic conquest. It’s PRETTY obvious CS is made from conquest, I’m quite aware they are from EA 😆. They said they played the old battlefront, and they have a lot of inspiration from them, if they could’ve done GALACTIC conquest don’t you think they would’ve done it? How popular would’ve that been, enormously. Doesn’t have to be copyrighted. I doubt a new company (EA) and just flat out copy another companies game mode without asking, even just as a show of good faith. Also Lucas could’ve said no go on GALACTIC conquest. Can’t stress enough how popular that would’ve been. They’ve stated this isn’t a direct remake or sequel to the old ones, maybe there’s more to that reason of them. Hope you’d saved room for dessert. Just thought you meant the real conquest, which was wanted more

    Well, some things of what you say is what I meant, maybe I expressed myself wrong:
    1. Devs stated, as you correctly pointed out, that their series of BF is not a continuation of the originals and that they want to do it differently. Which is fine and I agree with that, games have changed noticeably over the past years and decades. But as far as I understand their contract with Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm / -arts is not able to say you are not allowed to do this or that game mode EXCEPT it is against the in-place storyline (so that you can not play with stormtroopers against droids e.g.). Furthermore, devs stated that they COULD have made a copy of the OG series, but did not want to. Which clearly says it, they can, but do not want to.
    2. The "other company" from the OG Battlefront series does not exist anymore and many of these former devs now work for DICE / EA Studios, so who you wanna ask? Do not quite get this argument tbh.
    3. As mentioned before, they could have had CS in place with the launch of the game. It is what the players mostly wanted and yet they decided to present GA as main game mode. Just do not get why they decided to do it that way, since Lucasarts seems not to have such influence on themregardings designing game modes.
    4. I Agree with you, Galactic Conquest would have been lit, but as stated and also from my knowledge from working in the industry, there is no such contract which limits you so much that you are not free to design a game mode as the developing studio as long as it is not against any story elements.

    Lucasfilm's role in this game is much bigger than their role in Battlefront 2015, they have to sign off on everything and I wouldn't be surprised if due to the launch incident, Disney basically told Lucasfilm they can modify whatever they want in order to make sure any future incidents can be prevented on the EA side (meaning as long as Disney and Lucasfilm has larger oversight responsibilities on the games, they are willing to take the larger share of the blame).

    This is probably why we haven't heard anything about the weapons overhaul possibly happening in the near future (there's likely a lot of red tape involved before DICE can secure approval from Lucasfilm to start something):

  • lowell wrote: »

    But at the end of the day, we need to realize this franchise is for everyone, George Lucas iterated that each new iteration is for a new generation of kids.
    [/quote]

    This is a very important point. We all grew up with different aspects of the franchise, so all have our favorites. But as Star Wars fans you have to love the stories. And I do, all of them, even if they weren't all told in the best way.

    eg, I wish, wish, wish, beyond all belief they had never ever made Star Wars animated... it was a huge mistake.. it was said at the time... and ultimately was a huge opportunity missed... However, it did engage a new generation of young fans and the stories were still sound and solid in the most part, even if very hard work to actually watch. So we must all embrace it.

  • I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)

    Well conquest was meant as Galatic conquest. It’s PRETTY obvious CS is made from conquest, I’m quite aware they are from EA 😆. They said they played the old battlefront, and they have a lot of inspiration from them, if they could’ve done GALACTIC conquest don’t you think they would’ve done it? How popular would’ve that been, enormously. Doesn’t have to be copyrighted. I doubt a new company (EA) and just flat out copy another companies game mode without asking, even just as a show of good faith. Also Lucas could’ve said no go on GALACTIC conquest. Can’t stress enough how popular that would’ve been. They’ve stated this isn’t a direct remake or sequel to the old ones, maybe there’s more to that reason of them. Hope you’d saved room for dessert. Just thought you meant the real conquest, which was wanted more

    Well, some things of what you say is what I meant, maybe I expressed myself wrong:
    1. Devs stated, as you correctly pointed out, that their series of BF is not a continuation of the originals and that they want to do it differently. Which is fine and I agree with that, games have changed noticeably over the past years and decades. But as far as I understand their contract with Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm / -arts is not able to say you are not allowed to do this or that game mode EXCEPT it is against the in-place storyline (so that you can not play with stormtroopers against droids e.g.). Furthermore, devs stated that they COULD have made a copy of the OG series, but did not want to. Which clearly says it, they can, but do not want to.
    2. The "other company" from the OG Battlefront series does not exist anymore and many of these former devs now work for DICE / EA Studios, so who you wanna ask? Do not quite get this argument tbh.
    3. As mentioned before, they could have had CS in place with the launch of the game. It is what the players mostly wanted and yet they decided to present GA as main game mode. Just do not get why they decided to do it that way, since Lucasarts seems not to have such influence on themregardings designing game modes.
    4. I Agree with you, Galactic Conquest would have been lit, but as stated and also from my knowledge from working in the industry, there is no such contract which limits you so much that you are not free to design a game mode as the developing studio as long as it is not against any story elements.

    I thought they had to ask Lucas for EVERYTHING they did for the game. Wasn’t that an excuse that was used for delay for certain aspects of the game? Needed confirmation? I just can’t imagine we can pretend to know what Lucas says and not.

    Is there a thread to reference when the said they flat out said they “didn’t want to”? I’ve not seen/heard that.

    Well I didn’t know they bought them. Maybe not a copy right but there could be many factors that go into Conquest. Unless you can show me when they flat out said they didn’t want to do it, I can’t believe they just flat out wouldn’t want to do it, why wouldn’t they want to make money, especially EA. Idk seems deeper than that.

    Working in the industry is cool and all, but maybe in the contract when pandemic was bought whenever that was, they dug in on galatic conquest, again, just food for thought.

    I’d love to see where they said they didn’t want to make it if you can find it, I don’t want to de rail the thread, thanks for the extra infon
  • lowell wrote: »

    I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)

    Well conquest was meant as Galatic conquest. It’s PRETTY obvious CS is made from conquest, I’m quite aware they are from EA 😆. They said they played the old battlefront, and they have a lot of inspiration from them, if they could’ve done GALACTIC conquest don’t you think they would’ve done it? How popular would’ve that been, enormously. Doesn’t have to be copyrighted. I doubt a new company (EA) and just flat out copy another companies game mode without asking, even just as a show of good faith. Also Lucas could’ve said no go on GALACTIC conquest. Can’t stress enough how popular that would’ve been. They’ve stated this isn’t a direct remake or sequel to the old ones, maybe there’s more to that reason of them. Hope you’d saved room for dessert. Just thought you meant the real conquest, which was wanted more

    Well, some things of what you say is what I meant, maybe I expressed myself wrong:
    1. Devs stated, as you correctly pointed out, that their series of BF is not a continuation of the originals and that they want to do it differently. Which is fine and I agree with that, games have changed noticeably over the past years and decades. But as far as I understand their contract with Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm / -arts is not able to say you are not allowed to do this or that game mode EXCEPT it is against the in-place storyline (so that you can not play with stormtroopers against droids e.g.). Furthermore, devs stated that they COULD have made a copy of the OG series, but did not want to. Which clearly says it, they can, but do not want to.
    2. The "other company" from the OG Battlefront series does not exist anymore and many of these former devs now work for DICE / EA Studios, so who you wanna ask? Do not quite get this argument tbh.
    3. As mentioned before, they could have had CS in place with the launch of the game. It is what the players mostly wanted and yet they decided to present GA as main game mode. Just do not get why they decided to do it that way, since Lucasarts seems not to have such influence on themregardings designing game modes.
    4. I Agree with you, Galactic Conquest would have been lit, but as stated and also from my knowledge from working in the industry, there is no such contract which limits you so much that you are not free to design a game mode as the developing studio as long as it is not against any story elements.

    Lucasfilm's role in this game is much bigger than their role in Battlefront 2015, they have to sign off on everything and I wouldn't be surprised if due to the launch incident, Disney basically told Lucasfilm they can modify whatever they want in order to make sure any future incidents can be prevented on the EA side (meaning as long as Disney and Lucasfilm has larger oversight responsibilities on the games, they are willing to take the larger share of the blame).

    This is probably why we haven't heard anything about the weapons overhaul possibly happening in the near future (there's likely a lot of red tape involved before DICE can secure approval from Lucasfilm to start something):


    Thank you for the clarification. I could’ve sworn Lucas/ Disney had a stronghold on everything Star Wars. Still doesn’t confirm they didn’t want Conquest, I know. But still stirs the pot alittle more 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    greedo1980 wrote: »
    Yes bring her on. DS needs more blaster heroes to farm in HvV😂😂jk I really dont care. I want Ahsoka more but I'll take any and all new content not named Rose or Hux.

    Rose > Ahsoka

    Rose is pretty much the most universally hated character in all of Star Wars; she has some fans, but they are far, far outnumbered by those who dislike her, many of whom absolutely loathe her. Ahsoka has had her detractors, especially when she was first created, but as her character evolved over the course of the shows her fanbase grew, and now she has a pretty sizeable fanbase, many of whom are rabidly passionate about her. You don't really see that same level of passion for Rose amongst those who do like her.

    This forum is a prime example of the passion that Ahsoka fans feel for the character; dozens of Ahsoka threads created since the game released, and the passion for Ahsoka here on this forum isn't even half of the passion that you see on Reddit and the devs tweets. Rose by comparison, I've seen maybe 3 threads asking for her in Battlefront 2 on this forum, and I'm fairly sure that 2 of them were intended as joke threads.

    Come on man. Jar jar

    Jar Jar has actually grown on alot of fans over time, he's nowhere near as hated as he used to be. There are multiple things responsible for Jar Jar hate diminishing over years; people realizing that the prequels weren't all that bad after watching the sequels and seeing how much worse they are (especially episode 8), Jar Jar's actor Ahmed Best revealing that he almost committed suicide due to the Jar Jar hate, the Sith Jar Jar theory, etc.

    The hate for the actor or actors in general is not justified in any way.
    Does it make ep1-2 better? No. Still awful movies that only added to the lore and give us some good content outside of the movies.

    Totally agree. I feel so so so sorry for the poor actors doing an amazing job and their best to deliver what their employers want of them. Kelly Marie Tran for example did a great job in episode 8 but got ridiculously abused across social media.. it was a just a bad story.. not her fault at all! .. Even Daisy Ridley got criticized for episode 8 after doing a good job. Both of these actors have had to cancel the social media accounts because of it. That is ridiculous and totally unfair.

    Any criticism should be aimed at where it belongs: The guy who wrote it and the people responsible for letting him.

    The actors are just doing their jobs.

  • I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)

    Well conquest was meant as Galatic conquest. It’s PRETTY obvious CS is made from conquest, I’m quite aware they are from EA 😆. They said they played the old battlefront, and they have a lot of inspiration from them, if they could’ve done GALACTIC conquest don’t you think they would’ve done it? How popular would’ve that been, enormously. Doesn’t have to be copyrighted. I doubt a new company (EA) and just flat out copy another companies game mode without asking, even just as a show of good faith. Also Lucas could’ve said no go on GALACTIC conquest. Can’t stress enough how popular that would’ve been. They’ve stated this isn’t a direct remake or sequel to the old ones, maybe there’s more to that reason of them. Hope you’d saved room for dessert. Just thought you meant the real conquest, which was wanted more

    Well, some things of what you say is what I meant, maybe I expressed myself wrong:
    1. Devs stated, as you correctly pointed out, that their series of BF is not a continuation of the originals and that they want to do it differently. Which is fine and I agree with that, games have changed noticeably over the past years and decades. But as far as I understand their contract with Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm / -arts is not able to say you are not allowed to do this or that game mode EXCEPT it is against the in-place storyline (so that you can not play with stormtroopers against droids e.g.). Furthermore, devs stated that they COULD have made a copy of the OG series, but did not want to. Which clearly says it, they can, but do not want to.
    2. The "other company" from the OG Battlefront series does not exist anymore and many of these former devs now work for DICE / EA Studios, so who you wanna ask? Do not quite get this argument tbh.
    3. As mentioned before, they could have had CS in place with the launch of the game. It is what the players mostly wanted and yet they decided to present GA as main game mode. Just do not get why they decided to do it that way, since Lucasarts seems not to have such influence on themregardings designing game modes.
    4. I Agree with you, Galactic Conquest would have been lit, but as stated and also from my knowledge from working in the industry, there is no such contract which limits you so much that you are not free to design a game mode as the developing studio as long as it is not against any story elements.

    I thought they had to ask Lucas for EVERYTHING they did for the game. Wasn’t that an excuse that was used for delay for certain aspects of the game? Needed confirmation? I just can’t imagine we can pretend to know what Lucas says and not.

    Is there a thread to reference when the said they flat out said they “didn’t want to”? I’ve not seen/heard that.

    Well I didn’t know they bought them. Maybe not a copy right but there could be many factors that go into Conquest. Unless you can show me when they flat out said they didn’t want to do it, I can’t believe they just flat out wouldn’t want to do it, why wouldn’t they want to make money, especially EA. Idk seems deeper than that.

    Working in the industry is cool and all, but maybe in the contract when pandemic was bought whenever that was, they dug in on galatic conquest, again, just food for thought.

    I’d love to see where they said they didn’t want to make it if you can find it, I don’t want to de rail the thread, thanks for the extra infon

    I'll look it up the next days and try to find it:) It was originally said already 2015 and has been repeated over again, since they wanted to make it their own brand you know? Which I can understand, but as I said earlier, seeing CS now introduced, I am just wondering why not done it earlier.... but well, we have had this discussion already :D As I mentioned, I will try to find the reference.

    Til then, getting back to OP, I would like to see Padme though, although I would prefer more focus on the 4 base classes by now than continued hero focus
  • lowell wrote: »

    But at the end of the day, we need to realize this franchise is for everyone, George Lucas iterated that each new iteration is for a new generation of kids.

    This is a very important point. We all grew up with different aspects of the franchise, so all have our favorites. But as Star Wars fans you have to love the stories. And I do, all of them, even if they weren't all told in the best way.

    eg, I wish, wish, wish, beyond all belief they had never ever made Star Wars animated... it was a huge mistake.. it was said at the time... and ultimately was a huge opportunity missed... However, it did engage a new generation of young fans and the stories were still sound and solid in the most part, even if very hard work to actually watch. So we must all embrace it. [/quote]

    Well it technically wasn’t a mistake since it did it’s job, but this isn’t the thread for me to keep on being off topic, I need my padme.

  • I have absolutely nothing against them, but tbh I see some strange behavior from Dennis himself, especially since he is the Design Director of the game...

    You know? Galactic Assault is great, but from the beginning of 2015 BF, players wanted a conquest style game mode - so not taking a step in this direction was strange by Dennis, since it was clear what the communit wanted and GA was cool, but not quite what many of use were expecting.

    Also, Walker Assault which became a fan-favorite (since it is quite similar to battlefields rush) within seconds, is completely gone. Some decision I do not understand

    Why does no one ever think about the fact maybe they weren’t allowed to do it? Maybe the OG battlefront company coined it their own, maybe Lucas didn’t want a legit remake? Maybe EA couldn’t replicate it? Just food for thought

    1. Game modes can not be copyrighted. So there is no value to this argument
    2. furthermore, also towards the 1 argument, Conquest was introduced by Battlefield, not og Battlefront, so IF there was a copyright or legal reason behind, it would not take effect since the rights lie at EA / DICE
    3. it is not about remaking, take a look at CS now. It's command post based and still different. What was done now could have been done right in the beginning

    Just food for thought :)

    Well conquest was meant as Galatic conquest. It’s PRETTY obvious CS is made from conquest, I’m quite aware they are from EA 😆. They said they played the old battlefront, and they have a lot of inspiration from them, if they could’ve done GALACTIC conquest don’t you think they would’ve done it? How popular would’ve that been, enormously. Doesn’t have to be copyrighted. I doubt a new company (EA) and just flat out copy another companies game mode without asking, even just as a show of good faith. Also Lucas could’ve said no go on GALACTIC conquest. Can’t stress enough how popular that would’ve been. They’ve stated this isn’t a direct remake or sequel to the old ones, maybe there’s more to that reason of them. Hope you’d saved room for dessert. Just thought you meant the real conquest, which was wanted more

    Well, some things of what you say is what I meant, maybe I expressed myself wrong:
    1. Devs stated, as you correctly pointed out, that their series of BF is not a continuation of the originals and that they want to do it differently. Which is fine and I agree with that, games have changed noticeably over the past years and decades. But as far as I understand their contract with Lucasfilm, Lucasfilm / -arts is not able to say you are not allowed to do this or that game mode EXCEPT it is against the in-place storyline (so that you can not play with stormtroopers against droids e.g.). Furthermore, devs stated that they COULD have made a copy of the OG series, but did not want to. Which clearly says it, they can, but do not want to.
    2. The "other company" from the OG Battlefront series does not exist anymore and many of these former devs now work for DICE / EA Studios, so who you wanna ask? Do not quite get this argument tbh.
    3. As mentioned before, they could have had CS in place with the launch of the game. It is what the players mostly wanted and yet they decided to present GA as main game mode. Just do not get why they decided to do it that way, since Lucasarts seems not to have such influence on themregardings designing game modes.
    4. I Agree with you, Galactic Conquest would have been lit, but as stated and also from my knowledge from working in the industry, there is no such contract which limits you so much that you are not free to design a game mode as the developing studio as long as it is not against any story elements.

    I thought they had to ask Lucas for EVERYTHING they did for the game. Wasn’t that an excuse that was used for delay for certain aspects of the game? Needed confirmation? I just can’t imagine we can pretend to know what Lucas says and not.

    Is there a thread to reference when the said they flat out said they “didn’t want to”? I’ve not seen/heard that.

    Well I didn’t know they bought them. Maybe not a copy right but there could be many factors that go into Conquest. Unless you can show me when they flat out said they didn’t want to do it, I can’t believe they just flat out wouldn’t want to do it, why wouldn’t they want to make money, especially EA. Idk seems deeper than that.

    Working in the industry is cool and all, but maybe in the contract when pandemic was bought whenever that was, they dug in on galatic conquest, again, just food for thought.

    I’d love to see where they said they didn’t want to make it if you can find it, I don’t want to de rail the thread, thanks for the extra infon

    I'll look it up the next days and try to find it:) It was originally said already 2015 and has been repeated over again, since they wanted to make it their own brand you know? Which I can understand, but as I said earlier, seeing CS now introduced, I am just wondering why not done it earlier.... but well, we have had this discussion already :D As I mentioned, I will try to find the reference.

    Til then, getting back to OP, I would like to see Padme though, although I would prefer more focus on the 4 base classes by now than continued hero focus

    Yea I’ve always known they wanted to not repeat the whole game, I was under the impression of the instant action aspect of it. I wasn’t thinking about them meaning only galatic, feel free to PM that info so we don’t throw this off anymore, sorry OP. Makes us wonder with how much command post AND G conquest have been asked for it’s weird they only “caved” on one.

    Okay y’all I’m done. BACK TO THE ANGEL.

    Get her in
  • lowell
    1581 posts Member
    edited October 11
    lowell wrote: »

    But at the end of the day, we need to realize this franchise is for everyone, George Lucas iterated that each new iteration is for a new generation of kids.

    This is a very important point. We all grew up with different aspects of the franchise, so all have our favorites. But as Star Wars fans you have to love the stories. And I do, all of them, even if they weren't all told in the best way.

    eg, I wish, wish, wish, beyond all belief they had never ever made Star Wars animated... it was a huge mistake.. it was said at the time... and ultimately was a huge opportunity missed... However, it did engage a new generation of young fans and the stories were still sound and solid in the most part, even if very hard work to actually watch. So we must all embrace it. [/quote]
    lowell wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    Vccgrom99 wrote: »
    because many games wanted this and also the clone wars is more varied and has star wars given a bigger galaxis so the clone wars first got more attention and the clones everyone found cool but it has already been confirmed the other epochs also get more attention with episode 9 I think if you want to make this game perfect all the content for all eras must come in I like PT OT and ST I think everyone has to get so much content until it is complete and then the next era will come and Clone Wars is not quite complete based on maps or heroes but I can understand why they are angry 2 modes only for clone wars is stupid I agree with them

    And sorry for my english i cant dont speak good english

    Second: Each era offer the same amount of variety

    vY1Dhvv.gif
    Alex64 wrote: »
    All this clone wars parade of content makes me wonder if they are doing this because they want to end this game after the new batch of content next on december

    If this game ends after the RoS update, it won't because of CW content, it'll be because this game is bleeding money and is unsustainable in the long term due the lack of in-game monestisation. That's the theory I've long subscribed to.

    First: Each era share the same universe and almost enough locations to add in the game, but because you only said "It's false" without prove it then your argument isn't valid.

    Second: I did never said that, if game ends it might be because Disney Star Wars failed.

    First: The PT/CW era is stacked with far more planets, weapons, starfighters, heroes, and alternate appearances for troopers than any other (current) canon era. The OT has got the 2nd most amount of potential content in terms of all these things, but there is a lesser pool that has been seen in canon than that of the PT/CW era. The ST is still finding its feet and as such has the least amount of potential content and certainly less variety as the planets, weapons, starfighters and heroes are either outright copies or pale imitations of classic OT content.
    Second: How does adding CW content to make the game fail mean that Disney's Star Wars failed? Disney aren't making DICE add CW content, so this doesn't make any logical sense.

    The idea that CW is bigger is ludicrous, is the same universe, the same lore, so there's no limitation to add content on each era, there's no excuse.

    If Disney star wars fail, there won't be movies, theme parks, series and games, there won't be nothing.

    Well, we have a theme park open already even before the saga films ends in December:

    maxresdefault.jpg


    The second ride is opening a few days in Orlando before TROS comes to theaters and January in Anaheim:

    i=https%253A%252F%252Fs.eximg.jp%252Fexnews%252Ffeed%252FGetnews%252FGetnews_2180167_1020_1.jpg,zoom=1200,quality=70,type=jpg

    And Star Wars has their own streaming library home in November on Disney+:



    Disney's and Lucasfilm's future plan for Star Wars have been planned longer than we would known about it:

    678575f12100e70585f24316c0faffc2.jpg

    A theme park that looks like a ghost town then Bob Iger telling that George Lucas felt betrayed by Disney, I just don't see a brillian future for Star Wars.

    Well, there's really more to Star Wars that can be explored once the Skywalker Saga is done in December, that's why Lucasfilm exists.

    If there was no more Star Wars after TROS, Disney would close down Lucasfilm immediately.

    And you're saying that George Lucas wouldn't have gotten as much as criticism from fans if he made the ST films the way he wanted to as he got from the PT films?

    He was ready to exit Star Wars before the Disney sale:

    "Lucas seized control of his movies from the studios only to discover that the fanboys could still give him script notes. “Why would I make any more,” Lucas says of the “Star Wars” movies, “when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?”"

    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/magazine/george-lucas-red-tails.html

    "Whatever post-Lucasfilm projects he was looking forward to, including launching a museum devoted to narrative art and starting a new family—he married Mellody Hobson, president of a Chicago money-management firm, in June 2013, and the couple had a daughter, Everest, later that year (he also has three adult children)—Lucas may have been motivated to sell in part by the sometimes harsh reactions to his more recent movies. The prequels made piles of money, but the griping about them rubbed him a bit raw. “It was fine before the Internet,” he told Bloomberg Businessweek following the Lucasfilm sale. “But now . . . it’s gotten very vicious and very personal. You just say, ‘Why do I need to do this?’ ” One could argue that billionaire movie moguls should have tougher hides, but most of them don’t have to deal with critiques such as “George Lucas ***** my childhood,” which has become an unfortunate fanboy catchphrase. There is even a 2010 documentary on this subject, an essay in disenchantment and misplaced possessiveness titled The People vs. George Lucas."

    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/05/star-wars-the-force-awakens-vanity-fair-cover

    He was probably relieved that Disney could afford to take hits like TLJ. But then, don't you find it odd that some people said TCW coming back was Disney's apology for TLJ?


    After the prequels got backlash, George basically went with "screw them, I'm going to tell the rest of the stories to the demographic that this franchise was always geared towards to: kids" and that's why he went with using his own money to fund and create Lucasfilm Animation to develop TCW.

    Lucasfilm Animation in the last decade is as much a new innovation as what was ILM and Skywalker Sound were during the 1970s. Technological enhacements changed how storytelling can be spread from live-action to animation, vice versa, whatever comes next like VR, etc.

    Also, look at Pixar, that was originally Lucasfilm's Computer Graphics Group and they were somewhat involved in the production of ROTJ (that's not in the article but I remembered them talking about ROTJ in a documentary on Pixar):

    https://variety.com/2006/digital/features/lucas-left-pixar-party-early-disney-came-late-1117939698/

    Now they have evolved into an animation studio that produces films that tell epic stories for all types of people and driving the creativity forward and still profit well at the box office.

    In fact, if it weren't for Disney buying Pixar, WDAS would've cease to exist and Disney without animation would be nothing then.

    Bob Iger's quote about Pixar the solution to save Disney after Michael Eisner's exit:

    ""The board was scheduled to meet for a final vote on January 24, but word of a possible deal soon leaked. Suddenly I was receiving calls from people urging me not to do it. But my confidence never wavered. I was on a mission as I addressed the board and spoke with as much fire as I could muster. “The future of the company is right here, right now,” I said. “It’s in your hands.” I repeated something I’d said back in October, in my first board meeting as CEO. “As Disney Animation goes, so goes the company. It was true in 1937 with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and in 1994 with The Lion King, and it’s no less true right now. When Animation soars, Disney soars. We have to do this. Our path to the future starts right here, tonight.”"

    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/09/bob-iger-remembers-steve-jobs

    Even Marvel Studios is looking at telling some stories in animation and if Marvel TV and Marvel Animation (currently under Marvel Entertainment's control) end up being transferred to Marvel Studios' control in the near future, expect them to delve in more animation for storytelling.
  • lowell wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »
    Lets be real, if Padme comes to the game it'll be tcw actor voice which is fine but it'll barely look like natalie Portman like every other character in the game!

    EA's portrayal of General Anakin by different studios:

    Battlefront II (DICE)

    350?cb=20190718204523

    Galaxy of Heroes (EA Capital Games and EA Mobile)

    general-anakin-skywalker-galaxy-of-heroes-screen.jpg

    4biovyg3kjte.jpg

    The last picture resembles hayden more than battlefront 2

    Here's Anakin from a game outside of EA, Force Arena, which is now defunct:

    3f6f771d1ccd3fb7d46c6f189ba58299.png

    This could be odd to you but a lot more people on the web had issues with General Anakin in Galaxy of Heroes (particularly with the first picture) than Battlefront II. Don't know why but they're praising that Battlefront II is the best interpretation of General Anakin overall. I think it's all fine and each game studio probably does their own take on Anakin to make him more distinctive with his versions in other games.

    Notice how Anakin ( Hayden) is the only one who gets this treatment..
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!