criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Here's some critical feedback for you guys on Vader.

Prev1345678
The player base for over a year said give him damage reduction for choke, he's to vulnerable & the move is to situational. Instead of lowering the damage reduction you decide to go to the extreme in typical dice fashion & nuke a hero. CC immunity with no damage reduction is beyond terrible I mean look at maul. He gets lit up & he has a shorter animation than vader. The proper action would've been to remove his cc immunity & nerf his combo. Here are some suggestions to help you.

- increase damage reduction to 40%. Kylo & grevious have 40% so I don't think it'll be a problem if vader had it.
- Remove cc immunity. Allow players to save teammates in HvV by ragdolling him.
- increase focused rage to 150 a hit. He's a slow moving target with the biggest hitbox yet luke the ever elusive hero can deal 180.
- Remove bonus health & give him 50% damage reduction with furious resilience. The lightside has way to many damage reduction so I don't see a reason why not. Oh reminder chewie is a tank & he has 36% damage reduction with his new card. Which can stack with furious resilience allowing him 50% damage reduction. Yet vader is stuck with 25% at least increase it to 40%
- don't allow his damage reduction with focused rage to stack
- nerf saber throw damage to 100 on heroes
- nerf choke to deal 100 base, 150 with a card, & 222 with both choke cards. What this means is vader can deal 360 damage at base, 410 with punishing grip & 492 with both cards for his combo. A nerf that addresses his dominating choke in HvV & help address his vulnerability in GA. Don't know why you removed something players asked for & brought it down to zero. Terrible choice for GA even more now. Is no reason to play him in GA at all.

Replies

• Raices
    1379 posts Member
    Force Choke is a dead sentence now....no dmg reduction and dodgeable lol what a joke.
  • I don't think it's that bad. He only had damage reduction for like 4 months
  • Raices
    1379 posts Member
    I don't think it's that bad. He only had damage reduction for like 4 months

But choke wasn't dodgeable, just bait the choke(with a group of players with you) and dead Vader
  • Raices
    1379 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Finally.... a bit closer to balance. Victory!
    Although I would have given him 40% reduction but no cc immunity.

You only talk balance for HvV
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

Yup now buff him
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Yup now buff him

My suggestion would make him better in GA and be more balanced for HvV. You are right my suggestion is perfect.
  • What do you mean no damage reduction? Since when?
  • What do you mean no damage reduction? Since when?

Check patch notes
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • Went from having 90 DR to 0 DR

Let’s get a F for Vader
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • F. Seriously almost no one complained about his DR. Why remove it? It’s the same for HM and that’s not bad.
  • F. Seriously almost no one complained about his DR. Why remove it? It’s the same for HM and that’s not bad.

They complained on Reddit
  • Raices
    1379 posts Member
    F. Seriously almost no one complained about his DR. Why remove it? It’s the same for HM and that’s not bad.

All he needed was the CC immunity removed and you have balance for both modes
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Apparently DICE only deals in absolutes. (Pun intended)

Sigh...

He goes from 90 to 0 and makes Choke once again a super risky ability in GA, especially for PC. Was it too hard to simply reduce it to 40-50%? Why is everything in extremes?

Well...Only a Sith deals in absolutes
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Everyone knows the neckbeards on reddit have no reason. They think Rey is OP lol.
  • this_old_mouse
    1282 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Oh, are the patch notes out?
    PSN: this_old_mouse

Everyone knows the neckbeards on reddit have no reason. They think Rey is OP lol.

Thank you yes. Rey is great where she is. I love playing her in GA lmao. Gotta farm those points

If DICE really wanted to nerf this choke they should have brought it down to like say 50% not all the way to 0.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Thank you yes. Rey is great where she is. I love playing her in GA lmao. Gotta farm those points

If DICE really wanted to nerf this choke they should have brought it down to like say 50% not all the way to 0.
    It’s everything or nothing for Dice. Nerf into oblivion or let it run rampant. Looking at you Intensify.

It’s everything or nothing for Dice. Nerf into oblivion or let it run rampant. Looking at you Intensify.

I haven't tried that in GA yet but I read some stats for it. So after 10 kills he can 1 shot all trooper classes except heavy? How high can his damage get?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Just use choke if no one is around. I prefer lightsaber throw in GA since it ohk troopers and its faster and doesnt leave you open like choke. Choke is more an antihero ability.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Just use choke if no one is around. I prefer lightsaber throw in GA since it ohk troopers and its faster and doesnt leave you open like choke. Choke is more an antihero ability.

That’s true but it’s gonna be a little less useful in HvV if they get behind you and kill you while your choking them.

I haven't tried that in GA yet but I read some stats for it. So after 10 kills he can 1 shot all trooper classes except heavy? How high can his damage get?

After 25 kills, 180 to the front, 210 to the back.
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    F. Seriously almost no one complained about his DR. Why remove it? It’s the same for HM and that’s not bad.

The card increases Luke’s Base damage by 2 per kill (or 200 dmg to heroes). 10 kills = 20 dmg. The card maxes at 50 extra dmg which means after 25 kills, Luke can deal 180 dmg per swing.
  • DarthLando
    1419 posts Member
    edited October 8
    Just use choke if no one is around. I prefer lightsaber throw in GA since it ohk troopers and its faster and doesnt leave you open like choke. Choke is more an antihero ability.

So use it almost never haha ?

His choke combo can still deal a lot of damage in HvV, however with no damage reduction you’re leaving yourself open to take a lot of damage every single time you use choke now.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Just use choke if no one is around. I prefer lightsaber throw in GA since it ohk troopers and its faster and doesnt leave you open like choke. Choke is more an antihero ability.

That’s true but it’s gonna be a little less useful in HvV if they get behind you and kill you while your choking them.

Well positioning will be.important now. Not just mindlessly pressing Choke.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

The card increases Luke’s Base damage by 2 per kill (or 200 dmg to heroes). 10 kills = 20 dmg. The card maxes at 50 extra dmg which means after 25 kills, Luke can deal 180 dmg per swing.

Jesus thats insane. Its not that hard to get 25 kills in GA
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

True.
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member

Thing is, position isn’t always enough. It only takes for one of your targets to be blocking or another to be out of range for them to start damaging you while in animation. 90% was OP, 0% is weak (GA mostly, especially if Choke doesn’t OHK). 50% would have been fine.

Thing is, position isn’t always enough. It only takes for one of your targets to be blocking or another to be out of range for them to start damaging you while in animation. 90% was OP, 0% is weak (GA mostly, especially if Choke doesn’t OHK). 50% would have been fine.

You have other teammates too. What are they gonna do, just watch you Choke them.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Jesus thats insane. Its not that hard to get 25 kills in GA

Yeah it needs a nerf

She's trash

You have other teammates too. What are they gonna do, just watch you Choke them.

With this player base yeah

Lol true.

Well its not a balance issue then, its a player issue.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    anidriX wrote: »

I think we can agree that having to go 1v2 or 1v3 is a very common occurrence in this game.

I think we can agree that having to go 1v2 or 1v3 is a very common occurrence in this game.

I can't count the times where my team is so trash, I have to do 4v1 almost the whole match.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 8

If you refering to HvV, best thing to do is try to play on defence until you regroup, or if you have the opportunity for a choke you use it. Otherwise using it in any other situation might get you killed. Its simple tactics.
    Now i know there are a lot of trash players, but that has to do nothing with how the game should be balanced. It should be balanced based on skilled gameplay, not based on beyond casual gameplay.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

If you refering to HvV, best thing to do is try to play on defence until you regroup, or if you habe the opportunity for a choke you use it. Otherwise using it in any other situation might get you killed. Its simple tactics.

Until Luke with Intensify runs up behind you while choking the other 3.

If you refering to HvV, best thing to do is try to play on defence until you regroup, or if you habe the opportunity for a choke you use it. Otherwise using it in any other situation might get you killed. Its simple tactics.

There are other variables in both modes, so you cant really predict whats gonna happen. He might come or might not. Maybe Kylo will freeze him or not. Its all chaotic and unpredictable.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

There are other variables in both modes, so you cant really predict whats gonna happen. He might come or might not. Maybe Kylo will freeze him or not. Its all chaotic and unpredictable.

True but some DR like 50% would be ok so he doesn't 4 shot you.
  • If you're going to pull a risky Choke, make sure you have backup.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    If you're going to pull a risky Choke, make sure you have backup.

Sometimes the backup sucks and are jobbers.
  • The Vader damage reduction nerf doesn't make sense. The community was asking for this, or the ability to block, while using the Choke for a year and a half until you added it. So why take it away? It was a bad move in general, but especially now that his choke can be dodged. Using his choke is now more dangerous than it is worthwhile. The extended choke time card is now a suicide card...

The best way to tweak this would be to have Vader able to block while he is choking, but have his block tied to his stamina. So you still have to be smart with it and only can block damage from the front.

If this is too difficult to program, just put the damage reduction back. It is needed in GA and isn't an issue in HvV now that his choke can be dodged.

I know man, believe me. Can't balance characters around carrying dead weight though.

I feel like reddit isn't responsible. They won't be satisfied until Vader can kill everything in a 360 degree radius by emoting.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215

She's trash

Maybe in HvV. Try her in GA and watch the points soar. Her dash is very good in GA
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

She's trash

Maybe in HvV. Try her in GA and watch the points soar. Her dash is very good in GA

Lol the points. That doesnt make her good at all.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Atreus213 wrote: »

I know man, believe me. Can't balance characters around carrying dead weight though.

I feel like reddit isn't responsible. They won't be satisfied until Vader can kill everything in a 360 degree radius by emoting.

*Cue flashbacks carrying teams*

She's trash

Insight points doesn't make her good just cheap

She's trash

Insight points doesn't make her good just cheap

True