criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Here's some critical feedback for you guys on Vader.

Replies

• F. Seriously almost no one complained about his DR. Why remove it? It’s the same for HM and that’s not bad.

They complained on Reddit

Everyone knows the neckbeards on reddit have no reason. They think Rey is OP lol.

Thank you yes. Rey is great where she is. I love playing her in GA lmao. Gotta farm those points

If DICE really wanted to nerf this choke they should have brought it down to like say 50% not all the way to 0.

She's trash

Maybe in HvV. Try her in GA and watch the points soar. Her dash is very good in GA

Lol the points. That doesnt make her good at all.

Lol the points are just one thing. You have the bonus that with insight you can pick off players who are by themselves. Mind trick really screws with troopers and heros in GA more so than HvV. Troopers and Enforces can't block dash strike so you can get in two good hits before they can get up. By then they are dead.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • F. Seriously almost no one complained about his DR. Why remove it? It’s the same for HM and that’s not bad.

Everyone knows the neckbeards on reddit have no reason. They think Rey is OP lol.

Thank you yes. Rey is great where she is. I love playing her in GA lmao. Gotta farm those points

If DICE really wanted to nerf this choke they should have brought it down to like say 50% not all the way to 0.

She's trash

Maybe in HvV. Try her in GA and watch the points soar. Her dash is very good in GA

Lol the points are just one thing. You have the bonus that with insight you can pick off players who are by themselves. Mind trick really screws with troopers and heros in GA more so than HvV. Troopers and Enforces can't block dash strike so you can get in two good hits before they can get up. By then they are dead.

She is good in GA. No one disputes that.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

She's trash

Yes. She does struggle in HvV Insight is meh in HvV. All HvV players know how to combat mind trick as soon as they see it. Dash is blockable so its useless from the front.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

She's trash

Yeah, HvV... Not so much lol.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Just use choke if no one is around. I prefer lightsaber throw in GA since it ohk troopers and its faster and doesnt leave you open like choke. Choke is more an antihero ability.

That’s true but it’s gonna be a little less useful in HvV if they get behind you and kill you while your choking them.

Well positioning will be.important now. Not just mindlessly pressing Choke.

Thing is, position isn’t always enough. It only takes for one of your targets to be blocking or another to be out of range for them to start damaging you while in animation. 90% was OP, 0% is weak (GA mostly, especially if Choke doesn’t OHK). 50% would have been fine.

You have other teammates too. What are they gonna do, just watch you Choke them.

I think we can agree that having to go 1v2 or 1v3 is a very common occurrence in this game.

If you refering to HvV, best thing to do is try to play on defence until you regroup, or if you habe the opportunity for a choke you use it. Otherwise using it in any other situation might get you killed. Its simple tactics.

Until Luke with Intensify runs up behind you while choking the other 3.

There are other variables in both modes, so you cant really predict whats gonna happen. He might come or might not. Maybe Kylo will freeze him or not. Its all chaotic and unpredictable.

True but some DR like 50% would be ok so he doesn't 4 shot you.
    You can get 4 shotted by Vader if you get choked, it’s a balanced trade off.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • anidriX wrote: »
    anidriX wrote: »
    Just use choke if no one is around. I prefer lightsaber throw in GA since it ohk troopers and its faster and doesnt leave you open like choke. Choke is more an antihero ability.

That’s true but it’s gonna be a little less useful in HvV if they get behind you and kill you while your choking them.

Well positioning will be.important now. Not just mindlessly pressing Choke.

Thing is, position isn’t always enough. It only takes for one of your targets to be blocking or another to be out of range for them to start damaging you while in animation. 90% was OP, 0% is weak (GA mostly, especially if Choke doesn’t OHK). 50% would have been fine.

You have other teammates too. What are they gonna do, just watch you Choke them.

I think we can agree that having to go 1v2 or 1v3 is a very common occurrence in this game.

If you refering to HvV, best thing to do is try to play on defence until you regroup, or if you habe the opportunity for a choke you use it. Otherwise using it in any other situation might get you killed. Its simple tactics.

Until Luke with Intensify runs up behind you while choking the other 3.

There are other variables in both modes, so you cant really predict whats gonna happen. He might come or might not. Maybe Kylo will freeze him or not. Its all chaotic and unpredictable.

True but some DR like 50% would be ok so he doesn't 4 shot you.
    You can get 4 shotted by Vader if you get choked, it’s a balanced trade off.

Touche
  • MC_XIX
    2030 posts Member
    So when is Obi-Wan losing his damage reduction during all-out Push? And when is Anakin losing his damage reduction during Heroic Might???

Fair is fair. Why single Vader out for no reason? He was the only one capable of truly pushing an objective in GA, and now you have ruined his most powerful ability. Take away its ability to ignore rolling and dodging, take away its damage reduction. Great job. Dropped the ball massively. Looks like you chose to focus on HvV balance rather than GA (he was already fine in HvV anyway.) What a joke.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    So when is Obi-Wan losing his damage reduction during all-out Push? And when is Anakin losing his damage reduction during Heroic Might???

Fair is fair. Why single Vader out for no reason? He was the only one capable of truly pushing an objective in GA, and now you have ruined his most powerful ability. Take away its ability to ignore rolling and dodging, take away its damage reduction. Great job. Dropped the ball massively. Looks like you chose to focus on HvV balance rather than GA (he was already fine in HvV anyway.) What a joke.
    You have to think before using choke now. You don’t get your hand held while using it, sorry buddy. For a ability that is a death sentence to any hero, I think it’s fine if you take a bit of damage while using it. Ideally you would a activate rage first for bonus health and damage reduction.

Good God you're a hater
  • MC_XIX
    2030 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

You have to think before using choke now. You don’t get your hand held while using it, sorry buddy. For a ability that is a death sentence to any hero, I think it’s fine if you take a bit of damage while using it. Ideally you would a activate rage first for bonus health and damage reduction.

Stop. I don't need my hand held, thanks. I need a villain powerful enough to overcome the Light Side's OP health buffs and easy wins when they defend an objective that is too difficult for the DS to take. Vader was often that one villain who could storm an objective by heavily weakening groups of enemies with Choke & saber throw. Now, Choke can be dodged so half the enemies will evade it and light him up, and he doesn't have the damage reduction to tank it anymore.

If you think GA is balanced, I have nothing more to say to you. Once again the devs have nerfed the DS even though they are already weak in GA.
  • You can't be serious.......this actually ***** me off

Good God you're a hater
    I just want hero balance, Mr. Iamincapableofusinganycharacterwhoisntvaderoranakin

• Gizmoe
    107 posts Member
    Vader is getting the Yoda treatment for GA 😂

Good God you're a hater
    I just want hero balance, Mr. Iamincapableofusinganycharacterwhoisntvaderoranakin

My boba is 159, Obi-Wan is 209, maul is 100, bossk, 100, grevious 100, han 115, kylo 120. Trust me I could own you with any of these characters.

Good God you're a hater

My boba is 159, Obi-Wan is 209, maul is 100, bossk, 100, grevious 100, han 115, kylo 120. Trust me I could own you with any of these characters.
    You said yourself that levels mean nothing
  • I thought I was done complaining about things until the next boots on the ground event.... and then this patch happened.

So Vader now has 0% damage reduction during force choke. Not 60, not 40, or maybe even 10 but just 0.

You already made Vader's force choke able to be dodged. Fine. Now you take away the one advantage he has while using it? Who in the world thought it would be a good idea to do this?This might actually be the worst nerf I've ever seen.

So basically what this means is Vader now has 2 abilities since the force choke is useless now.

I'm simply baffled at the kinds of decisions being made. Thank you for ruining my favorite hero guys.

Good God you're a hater

They don't my guy but, in this instance where you said I am incapable of using anyone else it does. I am capable of using any character. You can ask around if you don't believe me :wink:

Good God you're a hater

They don't my guy but, in this instance where you said I am incapable of using anyone else it does. I am capable of using any character. You can ask around if you don't believe me :wink:

Lol rekt
  • MC_XIX
    2030 posts Member
    Trying? No.
    Succeeding? Yes.
    Trying? No.
    Succeeding? Yes.

Just think there was a meeting where this was 1. Introduced as an idea 2. Nobody suggested a DR of maybe 50 or 40 3. If someone brought up the idea it was shot down 4. This blasphemous idea was then agreed upon by the majority
  • He’s going to be fine

Not how I would have nerfed Choke, but it works.

Now that Choke has been brought more in-line, cases can be made to buff some aspects of Vader (IE hitting for 150 during Rage).
  • He’s going to be fine

Now that Choke has been brought more in-line, cases can be made to buff some aspects of Vader (IE hitting for 150 during Rage).

This essentially makes 1 of Vader's abilities useless. When will there now be an acceptable time to use force choke in GA? The answer is almost never unless he is COMPLETELY alone with an enemy.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    He’s going to be fine

This essentially makes 1 of Vader's abilities useless. When will there now be an acceptable time to use force choke in GA? The answer is almost never unless he is COMPLETELY alone with an enemy.

Pretty much.
  • Enzyoo
    252 posts Member
    Not even surprised.

It's DICE, after all.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • Lol dude devs don't seem to play test this game.

Anyone who plays Vader knows this is going to be bad. I was already getting shot from multiple angles by guys who rolled out of my choke and other enemies while I had the 90 DR but now this is just wayyyyyy too much.
  • Vader is gonna be like number 10 on my next ranking list lol or lower.
  • Boo hoo

Meanwhile, Leia and Rey will remain the worst characters in the game, far, far, far outshined by Vader. But Vader is the one who needs buffs. Right.

The difference is that Vader should be powerful af. Unlike Leia, but yes, Leia is a joke too
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
    He’s going to be fine

Nah. He still has 200 bonus HP and 25% mitigation.

It’ll be fine. Just don’t use Choke in front of a whole team. It’s okay for an ability to be more situational.

Don't mean to be disrespectful but do you play Vader in GA? I'm asking because I main him and now how important that 90 DR was for moments like you just described
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Boo hoo

Meanwhile, Leia and Rey will remain the worst characters in the game, far, far, far outshined by Vader. But Vader is the one who needs buffs. Right.

The difference is that Vader should be powerful af. Unlike Leia, but yes, Leia is a joke too

Vader SHOULD be, now he is just another nerfy boi
  • Raices
    1379 posts Member
    edited October 8
    moistboii wrote: »
    He’s going to be fine

It’ll be fine. Just don’t use Choke in front of a whole team. It’s okay for an ability to be more situational.

So I need one ability to make another viable? That's terrible
  • Raices
    1379 posts Member
    He’s going to be fine

Don't mean to be disrespectful but do you play Vader in GA? I'm asking because I main him and now how important that 90 DR was for moments like you just described

He's an HvV guy if im not wrong, all of them think Vader is top-tier in GA.
  • Raices wrote: »
    He’s going to be fine

I'm an HvV guy and I dont think that by any means
  • So next time a spammy Luke runs up on me as Vader and he has teammates behind him I have to just run away instead of using my ability. I mean force choke is useless now so that's the only course of action now. Or just hold block as he and his teammates deplete my stamina.
    So next time a spammy Luke runs up on me as Vader and he has teammates behind him I have to just run away instead of using my ability. I mean force choke is useless now so that's the only course of action now. Or just hold block as he and his teammates deplete my stamina.

Stay with your team then.
  • Atreus213
    549 posts Member
    edited October 8
    I do love when people assume others can't or don't play both modes Lmao
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Raices wrote: »
    He’s going to be fine

He was top tier.....I dont know how he will play now but I cant imagine it will be too great.
    So next time a spammy Luke runs up on me as Vader and he has teammates behind him I have to just run away instead of using my ability. I mean force choke is useless now so that's the only course of action now. Or just hold block as he and his teammates deplete my stamina.

Stay with your team then.

I like flanking the enemy sometimes, cutting them off before they get to the objectives.
    He’s going to be fine

That's nothing. The reason players asked for damage reduction in the 1st place was,because that's nothing in GA. You can easily burn through a vaders stamina now due to the current blaster deflection being implemented. Lol a vanguard can burn his stamina with rage. With the terrible designed maps you must take on a bunch of enemies. I.E phase 4 kamino. Vaders choke before the damage reduction was so situational I honestly only used it maybe 3 times a game. This is hated by players who main GA & loved by players who main HvV. That's all this is.
    He’s going to be fine

This is a bad simplification.

Vader walks into three enemies, one of which is han. Uses choke catches one of the enemies while the han and the other roll out the way. Vader is imobalised choking whole han and the other enemy melt him and theres nothing he can do, he can't block, move or dodge

It is now a useless ability unless you are 1v1 completely alone which is almost never in GA.

This is just going to result in very defensive play from Vader players hardly ever seen on the front line.

Ridiculous and completely unnecessary change and I hope they reconsider it

He’s going to be fine

Vader walks into three enemies, one of which is han. Uses choke catches one of the enemies while the han and the other roll out the way. Vader is imobalised choking whole han and the other enemy melt him and theres nothing he can do, he can't block, move or dodge

It is now a useless ability unless you are 1v1 completely alone which is almost never in GA.

This is just going to result in very defensive play from Vader players hardly ever seen on the front line.

This is exactly my point. Choke is only useful is the most specific of circumstances now.
  • graveyard3377
    56 posts Member
    edited October 9
    The point of him having damage reduction during force choke was so he wouldn't melted by troopers and heroes, because he is STUCK in that animation. You now made one of his abilities useless in GA. Also the star card that makes his force choke longer is now also useless. You keep the damage reduction for Obi-wan and Anikan, but make the decision to remove Vader's when no one asked for it.
    Post edited by graveyard3377 on
    He’s going to be fine

Ah, yes. My personal favourite assumption.

Yes, I play GA fairy often. My Vader is almost 300, since that is likely your next question. That’s from a healthy mix of GA and HvV.

He did just fine before passive mitigation started plaguing this game. Only difference was, Choke couldn’t be dodged back then. He did fine then, and he’ll do fine now.

Practicing your positioning and timing is the key to suing Choke effectively. It’s nice that players will have to actually think about these things before using Choke. Hopefully DICE considers stripping mitigation and CC immunity from more abilities.
    He’s going to be fine

Don’t walk up to three enemies and use Choke, lol. That’s your first problem. You’re expecting to mindlessly use an ability and not be punished for it.

If Maul does this, and Han dodges, the Maul will lose half his HP, if not more.

Choke actually requires thought again - this is a healthy change.
    He’s going to be fine

Ah, yes. My personal favourite assumption.

Yes, I play GA fairy often. My Vader is almost 300, since that is likely your next question. That’s from a healthy mix of GA and HvV.

He did just fine before passive mitigation started plaguing this game. Only difference was, Choke couldn’t be dodged back then. He did fine then, and he’ll do fine now.

Practicing your positioning and timing is the key to suing Choke effectively. It’s nice that players will have to actually think about these things before using Choke. Hopefully DICE considers stripping mitigation and CC immunity from more abilities.

I wouldn't have asked since I could care less about hero levels. But fair enough, if that's you opinion on all of this. I just think this is such a ridiculous nerf. Like worst nerf I've ever seen type stuff