criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Here's some critical feedback for you guys on Vader.

Replies

• hatreds_wrath
    379 posts Member
    edited October 9
    moistboii wrote: »
    I'm not even for HvV or GA. Any nerf to saber players is a well deserved one since the downward spiral of this game started with them. I say keep on nerfing sabers to oblivion like they did the original dodge for blaster heroes. Bravo DICE, now please move on to Luke and Obi Wan.

Could you try to be even remotely reasonable?

Absolutely not. This was the same exact mentality for the nerf to the original dodge, why would I care that some saber user doesnt get their way? I really hope they don't revert this. Many people agree that this game went abysmal after 1.2.

They want abilities to be effective with 0 effort. Just press a button and win.

It's really hilarious. Even before Vader got the damage reduction people were still doing fine with him GA or HvV.

Choke wasn't dodgeable & people barely used it.

This sounds familiar. Was it not a ton of people asking for Boba and Bossk not to rely on abilities? Why does Vader get the pass on this? Instead of choke, shouldn't he rely more on his base saber strikes and block? Focus on that and call buffs to that. His choke shouldn't be relied upon in GA at all to begin with unless its the 2015 choke.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    I'm not even for HvV or GA. Any nerf to saber players is a well deserved one since the downward spiral of this game started with them. I say keep on nerfing sabers to oblivion like they did the original dodge for blaster heroes. Bravo DICE, now please move on to Luke and Obi Wan.

Absolutely not. This was the same exact mentality for the nerf to the original dodge, why would I care that some saber user doesnt get their way? I really hope they don't revert this. Many people agree that this game went abysmal after 1.2.

2 questions. 1. Have you played Galactic assault? 2. If you have, have you used Vader in Galactic Assault?

2 questions. 1. Have you played Galactic assault? 2. If you have, have you used Vader in Galactic Assault?

Dont make me laugh
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Dont make me laugh

Damn, dude. You’re against mitigation - you must never play the game.

I love these assumptions.

It's really hilarious. Even before Vader got the damage reduction people were still doing fine with him GA or HvV.

Choke wasn't dodgeable & people barely used it.

This sounds familiar. Was it not a ton of people asking for Boba and Bossk not to rely on abilities? Why does Vader get the pass on this? Instead of choke, shouldn't he rely more on his base saber strikes and block? Focus on that and call buffs to that. His choke shouldn't be relied upon in GA at all to begin with unless its the 2015 choke.

They have a gun :/
  • 90% to o% is too extreme.

Lower it to 40% & perhaps remove the CC immunity
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    90% to o% is too extreme.

This would be fine. I prefer this, actually.

I agree the DR should be lower or non existent but as an HvV player, removal of CC immunity worries me. I guess it would be fine because hed have to smarter with choke, but LS has so many pushes that it seems like youd get knocked out of it most of the time.

I agree the DR should be lower or non existent but as an HvV player, removal of CC immunity worries me. I guess it would be fine because hed have to smarter with choke, but LS has so many pushes that it seems like youd get knocked out of it most of the time.

Simple. Refund the ability when it gets canceled, like every single other ability.
  • SadderJoker
    443 posts Member
    edited October 9
    DarthLando wrote: »

There are a lot of moving parts when looking at interactions like this.

Like you said - timing and positioning are the biggest factors for Choke in HvV. There are only four enemies; it’s not hard to track their position and cooldowns.

Vader also has teammates of his own. If we’re going to assume that someone can push Vader off the Choke, we can also assume that Kylo is there to get a Freeze, or whoever else.

Even if Vader gets CC’d out of Choke, it’s still a strong ability, as it sets up damage. Boba can still Barrage as the choked enemy drops, Kylo can still Freeze, Iden can stun, Bossk can drop mines, etc.

• Why is choked blocked, lol
  • Why is choked blocked, lol

LOL I was wondering what the word was😂

Simple. Refund the ability when it gets canceled, like every single other ability.

Now that I could get behind.
  • Boo hoo

Meanwhile, Leia and Rey will remain the worst characters in the game, far, far, far outshined by Vader. But Vader is the one who needs buffs. Right.

Rey is good if you know how to use her. Maybe you should just get good? \_[._.]_/
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • Boo hoo

Meanwhile, Leia and Rey will remain the worst characters in the game, far, far, far outshined by Vader. But Vader is the one who needs buffs. Right.

Rey is good if you know how to use her. Maybe you should just get good? \_[._.]_/

Rey is awful in hero modes and is “okay” in trooper modes.

You could be the best Rey player in the world, doesn’t change that she is heavily limited by her underwhelming kit.

She’s not good. Luke is good. Ani is good. She’s no where close to them.
  • Boo hoo

You could be the best Rey player in the world, doesn’t change that she is heavily limited by her underwhelming kit.

Rey is awful in HvV I get that. I have used her maybe like 10 times in GA and I am always top 3 with her. Great Swing speed and damage. She can kill villains easily with all the chaos going on. Great support hero. I would be open for a buff. Lets make me better B)
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• Boo hoo

Rey is awful in HvV I get that. I have used her maybe like 10 times in GA and I am always top 3 with her. Great Swing speed and damage. She can kill villains easily with all the chaos going on. Great support hero. I would be open for a buff. Lets make me better B)

Youre always top 3 because of her insight points.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Boo hoo

Shhhh don't say my secret weapon out loud. Probs true but I still can farm kills relativity well. She could benefit from a decent buff. nothing super crazy.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Boo hoo

that’s literally the reason.
  • IXPrometheusXI
    519 posts Member
    edited October 9
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Boo hoo

that’s literally the reason.

Shhhhhh I like to feel good and loved in 1st place
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• Boo hoo

Shhhh don't say my secret weapon out loud. Probs true but I still can farm kills relativity well. She could benefit from a decent buff. nothing super crazy.

You know, she does needs buffs. Personally i would tweak her starcards first.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Boo hoo

Her rush needs to go through blocks though. Its already kinda hard to control. There's only 3 maybe 4 good star cards in her kit. Her mind trick should restrict blocks but still keep the controls inverted.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Boo hoo

Her cards are all good to mediocre. She has no real wow card
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    Boo hoo

Yeah thats the problem with her. Most useful card(s) is Focused Sight, the others are mediocre and some even useless at best.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Boo hoo

Interesting point! Any wow card suggestions?
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• 40% is better than nothing but 40% is still LOW considering that Obi-Wan and Anakin have 80% for still abilities.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Boo hoo

Rework Street fighter to a Health regen card for a start. Rework the Strong Mind card, its pretty useles, extra range on her mindtrick does nothing. Maybe rework it so that affected targets receive extra dmg or smt.
    Her Opportunis card should do 20 dmg, since its only available in limited situations.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Boo hoo

Rework Street fighter to a Health regen card for a start. Rework the Strong Mind card, its pretty useles, extra range on her mindtrick does nothing. Maybe rework it so that affected targets receive extra dmg or smt.

Lets move to my thread. Its in General discussion and its titled "Does Rey need a buff?"
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• Im one of the few that agree with you @this_old_mouse
    Thanks. Perhaps we’re the logically minded people here…
    Im one of the few that agree with you @this_old_mouse

Well my friend you guys are on the wrong side. It's obvious they'll fold in typical dice fashion to the backlash & give him some form damage reduction again. This dude has also admitted he doesn't play vader at all in any mode. His thread is pure hate & bias.
    I tried to play Vader last night but conveniently the EA servers went down minutes after I picked him. And again, you’re yet to tell me why I’m at the wrong, just saying I’m biased means nothing

PSN: this_old_mouse

Well my friend you guys are on the wrong side. It's obvious they'll fold in typical dice fashion to the backlash & give him some form damage reduction again. This dude has also admitted he doesn't play vader at all in any mode. His thread is pure hate & bias.
    I tried to play Vader last night but conveniently the EA servers went down minutes after I picked him. And again, you’re yet to tell me why I’m at the wrong, just saying I’m biased means nothing

I don't feel like repeating myself & sure they did lol

Well my friend you guys are on the wrong side. It's obvious they'll fold in typical dice fashion to the backlash & give him some form damage reduction again. This dude has also whileadmitted he doesn't play vader at all in any mode. His thread is pure hate & bias.

Well they aren’t giving me any worthwhile feedback either. They’re just telling me blah bias blah my crutch is gone waa

Well my friend you guys are on the wrong side. It's obvious they'll fold in typical dice fashion to the backlash & give him some form damage reduction again. This dude has also whileadmitted he doesn't play vader at all in any mode. His thread is pure hate & bias.

Well they aren’t giving me any worthwhile feedback either. They’re just telling me blah bias blah my crutch is gone waa

Everyone is giving you reasons as to why a damage reduction from 90 to 0 is ridiculous.
  • "So many bad nerfs and for nothing"
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!

Stop. There is a reason almost all GA players don't like this. If you actually played him from the get go you'd understand. If you want to balance it lower the damage reduction & remove cc immunity. Yes you're biased. I don't see you mentioning Luke's overpowered star card but, you was happy he got kylo's card got a nerf, I don't see you mentioning obi-wans overpowered mind trick which is far more powerful as choke, I don't see you mentioning big deal 50% damage reduction. You just type stuff you here players better than you complain about.

Stop. There is a reason almost all GA players don't like this. If you actually played him from the get go you'd understand. If you want to balance it lower the damage reduction & remove cc immunity. Yes you're biased. I don't see you mentioning Luke's overpowered star card but, you was happy he got kylo's card got a nerf, I don't see you mentioning obi-wans overpowered mind trick which is far more powerful as choke, I don't see you mentioning big deal 50% damage reduction. You just type stuff you here players better than you complain about.
    I made a whole thread saying that there shouldn’t be any nerfs to the LS in HvV until the DS gets nerfed. Now that the DS has been nerfed, I’m more than happy to see the Op LS stuff getting nerfed.

Everyone is giving you reasons as to why a damage reduction from 90 to 0 is ridiculous.
    Yeah, and I have them all advice to play it safe and use FR before engaging.

I made a whole thread saying that there shouldn’t be any nerfs to the LS in HvV until the DS gets nerfed. Now that the DS has been nerfed, I’m more than happy to see the Op LS stuff getting nerfed.

Lol stop it. You want the devs to ignore op abilties until certain op abilities get nerfed 1st. Sounds not smart

Can't give advice about a character you don't play.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Lol stop it. You want the devs to ignore op abilties until certain op abilities get nerfed 1st. Sounds not smart

You can give advice about a character you don’t play lol
    Maybe from playing against him?

Negative. That type of advice is why anakin's passionate strike sucks, & Rey is garbage. Players get owned by said character & don't play as a character understanding them. Had he put more time into vader he'd see weaknesses be had. Instead he gets owned by vader so he wants nerfs

Negative. That type of advice is why anakin's passionate strike sucks, & Rey is garbage. Players get owned by said character & don't play as a character understanding them. Had he put more time into vader he'd see weaknesses be had. Instead he gets owned by vader so he wants nerfs
    For crying out loud I understand the character well. He’s in every HvV match ever, so I have had more than enough time playing against him to understand his strengths and weaknesses. And before this nerf, he had none.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

I’d argue that experience from playing against characters is better to give suggestions for nerfs or buffs as you see other people with different skilllevels using them.
    That’s why I know that Obi is weaker then Vador in the hands of 95% of the players. I know it because almost everytime I observe a Vador obi duel in game or on YouTube Vador wins. I know it because Vador is so much more often on the leaderboard. Just look at the kill log.

I’d argue that experience from playing against characters is better to give suggestions for nerfs or buffs as you see other people with different skilllevels using them.
    That’s why I know that Obi is weaker then Vador in the hands of 95% of the players. I know it because almost everytime I observe a Vador obi duel in game or on YouTube Vador wins. I know it because Vador is so much more often on the leaderboard. Just look at the kill log.
    H can’t seem to understand this point. He’ll just brush it off, ignore it, or just call you biased or something

• MC_XIX
    2030 posts Member
    So I think after reading the overwhelmingly negative feedback on the upcoming Vader nerds, 95% of the forum agrees that these changes should not be made and the patch should either be altered urgently before it is released, or pushed back to a later date until it correctly balances Vader & kylo Ren.

Vader:

- Fix Focused Rage to 150 per swing
    - Buff stamina regen delay to 2 seconds or 2.25 seconds
    - Keep his damage reduction during Choke at 90% for now, then lower it along with Kenobi and Anakin's damage reduction according to community feedback.

Kylo:

- Buff either Resilience or Power of Darkess to deal 150 damage per strike. They both currently deal 145 damage - 5 less than needed to one-hit infantry.

That's all that is needed.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    So I think after reading the overwhelmingly negative feedback on the upcoming Vader nerds, 95% of the forum agrees that these changes should not be made and the patch should either be altered urgently before it is released, or pushed back to a later date until it correctly balances Vader & kylo Ren.

Vader:

- Keep his damage reduction during Choke at 90% for now, then lower it along with Kenobi and Anakin's damage reduction according to community feedback.

Kylo:

- Buff either Resilience or Power of Darkess to deal 150 damage per strike. They both currently deal 145 damage - 5 less than needed to one-hit infantry.

So make the DS even more unstoppable in HvV. Wonderful.

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »

Vader:

Kylo:

Then give Obi 850 health, 200 damage on def rush’s as well as 90% damage reduction and cc immunity.

REY gets 800 health with 180 Saber damage during insight.

Yoda gets 900 health with 30% damage reduction during presence as well as 145 Saber damage.

Vader:

Kylo:

Then give Obi 850 health, 200 damage on def rush’s as well as 90% damage reduction and cc immunity.

Yoda gets 900 health with 30% damage reduction during presence as well as 145 Saber damage.
    Yes

Vader:

Kylo:

I’m here for it.

Also, let’s give blaster shots a staggering/stun effect. Not fair that sabers get that, while blasters don’t. Heavier aim assist should also be considered, since sabers lunge 5m + and auto rotate into the target.

Moreover, any blaster ability that roots the hero or has a rush should have passive mitigation and CC immunty, so;

Sharpshooter
    Charge Slam
    Shoulder Charge

Etc

If sabers are going to get all these buffs - it’s only fair that blasters gets them, as well.

Vader:

Kylo:

Stop. These are the most horrible suggestions ever.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »

Vader:

Kylo:

So make the DS even more unstoppable in HvV. Wonderful.

The lightside is better in HvV
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Vader:

Kylo:

I’m here for it.

Also, let’s give blaster shots a staggering/stun effect. Not fair that sabers get that, while blasters don’t. Heavier aim assist should also be considered, since sabers lunge 5m + and auto rotate into the target.

Moreover, any blaster ability that roots the hero or has a rush should have passive mitigation and CC immunty, so;

Sharpshooter
    Charge Slam
    Shoulder Charge

Etc

If sabers are going to get all these buffs - it’s only fair that blasters gets them, as well.

The truth is that blaster would still be worse then sabers even with a hard aim assist.

Vader:

Kylo:

I’m here for it.

Sharpshooter
    Charge Slam
    Shoulder Charge

Etc

The truth is that blaster would still be worse then sabers even with a hard aim assist.

I wasn’t being serious with that comment, but you’re right.

Even with these changes, they wouldn’t be viable. Lmao.