criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Here's some critical feedback for you guys on Vader.

1234568Next

Replies

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    So I think after reading the overwhelmingly negative feedback on the upcoming Vader nerds, 95% of the forum agrees that these changes should not be made and the patch should either be altered urgently before it is released, or pushed back to a later date until it correctly balances Vader & kylo Ren.

Vader:

- Fix Focused Rage to 150 per swing
    - Buff stamina regen delay to 2 seconds or 2.25 seconds
    - Keep his damage reduction during Choke at 90% for now, then lower it along with Kenobi and Anakin's damage reduction according to community feedback.

Kylo:

- Buff either Resilience or Power of Darkess to deal 150 damage per strike. They both currently deal 145 damage - 5 less than needed to one-hit infantry.

That's all that is needed.

Then give Obi 850 health, 200 damage on def rush’s as well as 90% damage reduction and cc immunity.

REY gets 800 health with 180 Saber damage during insight.

Yoda gets 900 health with 30% damage reduction during presence as well as 145 Saber damage.

I’m here for it.

Also, let’s give blaster shots a staggering/stun effect. Not fair that sabers get that, while blasters don’t. Heavier aim assist should also be considered, since sabers lunge 5m + and auto rotate into the target.

Moreover, any blaster ability that roots the hero or has a rush should have passive mitigation and CC immunty, so;

Sharpshooter
    Charge Slam
    Shoulder Charge

Etc

If sabers are going to get all these buffs - it’s only fair that blasters gets them, as well.

The truth is that blaster would still be worse then sabers even with a hard aim assist.

I wasn’t being serious with that comment, but you’re right.

Even with these changes, they wouldn’t be viable. Lmao.

I wasn’t serious either. But I still belive amthat Blasters are worse even with aim assist.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    So I think after reading the overwhelmingly negative feedback on the upcoming Vader nerds, 95% of the forum agrees that these changes should not be made and the patch should either be altered urgently before it is released, or pushed back to a later date until it correctly balances Vader & kylo Ren.

Vader:

- Keep his damage reduction during Choke at 90% for now, then lower it along with Kenobi and Anakin's damage reduction according to community feedback.

Kylo:

- Buff either Resilience or Power of Darkess to deal 150 damage per strike. They both currently deal 145 damage - 5 less than needed to one-hit infantry.

So make the DS even more unstoppable in HvV. Wonderful.

The lightside is better in HvV

No its not.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Vader gets 25-30-35-40 less stamina reduction when blocking with choke. Why? Because he can now choke AND block!

That's what I hope the next patch says.

Vader:

Kylo:

I’m sure when you play in your 4 man squads vs randoms the LS wins. Sadly most of us rookies don’t have 3 try hard friends to back us up every time we get into trouble.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Vader:

Kylo:

Vader:

Kylo:

While you’re right. It’s not that simple.

LS is only better when played a very specific way and you need a team to play very well.

In 99% of games, you’re not going to have a team play properly. They’re not going to play around Presence, they’re not going to know to farm Ret, they’re not going to properly peel, they’re not going to properly stagger and combo, etc etc.

So, yes, LS is stronger, but only under certain conditions. Conditions that will often not be met, especially if playing with randoms.

DS has easy abilities that hand-hold and give free damage, so they’re often seen as the better team.

Vader:

Kylo:

I’m sure when you play in your 4 man squads vs randoms the LS wins. Sadly most of us rookies don’t have 3 try hard friends to back us up every time we get into trouble.

I play mostly by myself. 4 mans are boring & stomps happen. Nice try though. Again it's a skilled base issue.

Vader:

Kylo:

No its not.

Overall no but, Obi-Wan, Anakin. Chewie & Yoda can beat a Dark side team of kylo, boba, vader & whoever

Vader:

Kylo:

LS is only better when played a very specific way and you need a team to play very well.

In 99% of games, you’re not going to have a team play properly. They’re not going to play around Presence, they’re not going to know to farm Ret, they’re not going to properly peel, they’re not going to properly stagger and combo, etc etc.

So, yes, LS is stronger, but only under certain conditions. Conditions that will often not be met, especially if playing with randoms.

DS has easy abilities that hand-hold and give free damage, so they’re often seen as the better team.

See my comment above or below.

Vader:

Kylo:

See my comment above or below.

Good save.

Luke is interchangeable with Obi or Chewie, but you’re right.

Vader:

Kylo:

DS can do that exact same thing except just camp near a Phasma droid. It’s that simple, they don’t even need coordination but as long as they stick close to the droid they can’t loose.

Vader:

Kylo:

DS can do that exact same thing except just camp near a Phasma droid. It’s that simple, they don’t even need coordination but as long as they stick close to the droid they can’t loose.

Droid camp is annoying, but not hard to break.

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Farm Ret, then push with RMT and Ret. Either burst Phasma or droid down with Furious. Clean up with remaining CC. Use Big Deal four double cool downs and to make everyone invincible during push.

But, like I said, this requires teamwork. You’re not going to see this from randoms. I’ve played a bunch of 4v4’s where teams have tried this, and I’ve won everytime.

It really depends where you want balance to be justified - average players, weaker players, or stronger players. There are fair arguments for each side. It’s an interesting question to dig into.

• MC_XIX
    2030 posts Member

Vader:

Kylo:

These changes would have pretty much zero effect in HvV!

Vader gaining an extra 5 saber damage, only during Focused Rage? How would that hurt the LS? How often do you find yourself with only 5hp or less remaining? Once a year?

Same applies to Kylo. Power of Darkness allows him to deal 145 damage per swing (his swing speed is laughably slow, btw). Would an extra 5 damage ruin the mode in favour of the DS? I think not.

On the contrary, these small changes would make a world of difference in GA. Allowing Vader & Kylo to kill non-buffed infantry in one swing would be a huge help to a DS team struggling to push through LS defences.

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Farm Ret, then push with RMT and Ret. Either burst Phasma or droid down with Furious. Clean up with remaining CC. Use Big Deal four double cool downs and to make everyone invincible during push.

But, like I said, this requires teamwork. You’re not going to see this from randoms. I’ve played a bunch of 4v4’s where teams have tried this, and I’ve won everytime.

It really depends where you want balance to be justified - average players, weaker players, or stronger players. There are fair arguments for each side. It’s an interesting question to dig into.
    You’re again describing a situation only possible with coordinated squads. My situation in the other hand could easily happen with randoms at any time. If you really want the idea DS situation, the droid would be backed up behind some cover so they can’t shoot it. Iden would be laying down constant secondary fire so they can’t get through. And Vader and Kylo are ready to push up at any moment with frenzy and choke able to kill off the LS immediately if Iden and Phasma lay down cover fire.

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

You’re again describing a situation only possible with coordinated squads. My situation in the other hand could easily happen with randoms at any time. If you really want the idea DS situation, the droid would be backed up behind some cover so they can’t shoot it. Iden would be laying down constant secondary fire so they can’t get through. And Vader and Kylo are ready to push up at any moment with frenzy and choke able to kill off the LS immediately if Iden and Phasma lay down cover fire.

What you're describing is a coordinated squad :/ no randoms camp the droid

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

I already covered that. I specifically stated that you’re not going to find this sort or team-play in 99% of games.

That lead me into another point about where balance should be justified. You’re going to struggle against while solo with randoms, but it’s not an issue for a decent team (even when playing another decent team).

There a magnitude of factors to include. We could go on for days about all the specifics, but what I gave you is the foundation.

Vader, Iden, and Kylo aren’t doing much while hit by RMT. And they’re going even less when everyone on LS has an EHP over 1500.

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Plenty randoms do that. It’s not as common as Vader being picked in HvV, but it still happens wayyy more than what the lLS can do uncoordinated.

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

It happens more then the LS team sticking together😟

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Plenty randoms do that. It’s not as common as Vader being picked in HvV, but it still happens wayyy more than what the lLS can do uncoordinated.

No it doesn't. Lol like players rush to play phasma
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Any team LS or DS 😞
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Any team LS or DS 😞

No😔
  • would never say light side is stronger in HvV at most it can be even but this can change depending on the map.

also we need to keep in mind dark side has Boba and Palps 2 of the most overpowered heroes in the game.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

No it doesn’t. Lol like players rush to play finn

• NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 9
    unit900000 wrote: »
    would never say light side is stronger in HvV at most it can be even but this can change depending on the map.

also we need to keep in mind dark side has Boba and Palps 2 of the most overpowered heroes in the game.

If Palpatine is not controlled by the LS, he can wreak havok.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• unit900000 wrote: »
    would never say light side is stronger in HvV at most it can be even but this can change depending on the map.

This is a good point. It’s very map dependent. I should have covered that.

DS runs SKB (mainly because of spawns), while LS gets a free win on Kamino, for example.

Palp is so far from OP. Just cycle Pull on him. Punish with Chewie after the Pull, or RMT if you’re not running Chewie.

If you’re not playing Ani, or wasting Pull, he’s annoying, but still not OP. Only thing that’s an issue with him is his stagger.

Palp is also a product of the meta. As blaster heroes became weaker, Palp was made more free. Han used to mitigate Palp almost entirely, but now that Han is a free point, Palp is more free (excluding Pull).

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Don't know why you brought Finn up. You're saying phasma is selected & players will call her droid & that's uncommon unless it's a squad.

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Any team LS or DS 😞

No😔

Yes. This playerbase is trash & almost no one sticks together unless the game gets close

DS runs SKB (mainly because of spawns), while LS gets a free win on Kamino, for example.

Palp is so far from OP. Just cycle Pull on him. Punish with Chewie after the Pull, or RMT if you’re not running Chewie.

If you’re not playing Ani, or wasting Pull, he’s annoying, but still not OP. Only thing that’s an issue with him is his stagger.

Palp is also a product of the meta. As blaster heroes became weaker, Palp was made more free. Han used to mitigate Palp almost entirely, but now that Han is a free point, Palp is more free (excluding Pull).

Also his shooting while dodging is a issue.

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Don't know why you brought Finn up. You're saying phasma is selected & players will call her droid & that's uncommon unless it's a squad.
    Well I though finn was the go to hero if you want to win as LS, after all he has op bid deal

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Well I though finn was the go to hero if you want to win as LS, after all he has op bid deal

Nah, he’s super situational.

Only really shines on certain maps - JP, Yavin, etc.

Or, against certain comps - Phasma camps, mainly.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Any team LS or DS 😞

No😔

Yes. This playerbase is trash & almost no one sticks together unless the game gets close

Players stick far more often to phasma then to Finland.

the best Palps players can be slippery enough to avoid getting caught just enough to cause major issues and I do find his stagger to be extremely overpowered do to just how often it disrupts basically everything and Palps has high burst damage with chain lightning and also can stun through block though its hard to time it but if done right you wont free them from the stun when you attack them either and you take a ton of damage.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
    unit900000 wrote: »

the best Palps players can be slippery enough to avoid getting caught just enough to cause major issues and I do find his stagger to be extremely overpowered do to just how often it disrupts basically everything and Palps has high burst damage with chain lightning and also can stun through block though its hard to time it but if done right you wont free them from the stun when you attack them either and you take a ton of damage.

I know how Palp works and play agaisnt very good Palp players often.

He’s extremely situational. He’s not hard to mitigate and control.

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Any team LS or DS 😞

No😔

Players stick far more often to phasma then to Finland.
    Finland lol

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

Nah, he’s super situational.

Only really shines on certain maps - JP, Yavin, etc.

Or, against certain comps - Phasma camps, mainly.

this. only time he seems to be viable in the 4v4s I do is if whatever team is running him is camping hard if you move around with Finn baby sitting him just gets to be to much its simply not worth it.

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

He is in GA. Smh

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

He is in GA. Smh
    We’re talking about HvV right now. We couldn’t have made it more clear. When in doubt, take the argument to GA amirite

• Not every problem can be solved by just thinking, the abilities actually have to be somewhat reliable

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

He is in GA. Smh
    We’re talking about HvV right now. We couldn’t have made it more clear. When in doubt, take the argument to GA amirite

Smh. This dude. If you want to win as lightside you play Finn in GA because of his op big deal. Nice try though

Vader:

Kylo:

Play Obi/Finn/Ani/Chewie

He is in GA. Smh

Smh. This dude. If you want to win as lightside you play Finn in GA because of his op big deal. Nice try though
    What are you talking about? I understand Big Deal is op in GA. I get that. But what I don’t get is why when we were having a perfectly fine conversation about team play in HvV, and you come over here saying that Finn is op in GA because for some reason that’s relevant. It’s painfully obvious that once you lose an argument you just shift the blame to another mode. ‘Well, even if finn isn’t too great in HvV, uhh, well he’s op, because of ga, because uhhh, HvV balance has so much to do with ga balance uhh

• So in summary:

Vader's upcoming nerf will render his choke useless in GA and those who argue the contrary are lost

I have yet to see one good argument be made for why this Vader nerf is acceptable. But it's not your guy's fault as this nerf is so bad it is impossible to defend.
  • For who here think that this nerf is right:
    Why Vader shouldn't have damage reduction during choke while Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kylo, grievous have one?
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    For who here think that this nerf is right:
    Why Vader shouldn't have damage reduction during choke while Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kylo, grievous have one?

Because Anakins ability was literally made with damage reduction as a core mechanic.
  • The player base for over a year said give him damage reduction for choke, he's to vulnerable & the move is to situational. Instead of lowering the damage reduction you decide to go to the extreme in typical dice fashion & nuke a hero. CC immunity with no damage reduction is beyond terrible I mean look at maul. He gets lit up & he has a shorter animation than vader. The proper action would've been to remove his cc immunity & nerf his combo. Here are some suggestions to help you.

- increase damage reduction to 40%. Kylo & grevious have 40% so I don't think it'll be a problem if vader had it.
    - Remove cc immunity. Allow players to save teammates in HvV by ragdolling him.
    - increase focused rage to 150 a hit. He's a slow moving target with the biggest hitbox yet luke the ever elusive hero can deal 180.
    - Remove bonus health & give him 50% damage reduction with furious resilience. The lightside has way to many damage reduction so I don't see a reason why not. Oh reminder chewie is a tank & he has 36% damage reduction with his new card. Which can stack with furious resilience allowing him 50% damage reduction. Yet vader is stuck with 25% at least increase it to 40%
    - don't allow his damage reduction with focused rage to stack
    - nerf saber throw damage to 100 on heroes
    - nerf choke to deal 100 base, 150 with a card, & 222 with both choke cards. What this means is vader can deal 360 damage at base, 410 with punishing grip & 492 with both cards for his combo. A nerf that addresses his dominating choke in HvV & help address his vulnerability in GA. Don't know why you removed something players asked for & brought it down to zero. Terrible choice for GA even more now. Is no reason to play him in GA at all.

Or they could forget the choke change and buff his focused rage to 150 base like the whole goddamn community has been asking for. But what do I know. It's not like I have such a challenging task as reading a forum online and considering opinions instead of doing some ***** nobody asked for and expect it to work out.

Because Anakins ability was literally made with damage reduction as a core mechanic.

what you say don't have sense
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »

what you say don't have sense

Because they made his HM originaly to be able to absorb dmg while also increasing it, so it needed the dmg reduction.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Sounds like we need more critical feedback
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!