criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Does Rey need a Buff?

2Next

Replies

• No. She's one of the better heroes if you know how to use her right, same with Obi-Wan. Her sight and being hidden from enemy radars is REALLY good when you use it correctly, the same with her mind trick.

Her Dash breaking blocks and leaving you without stamina is obnoxious (her swing speed also makes it frustrating as hell) and I'm glad it's gone. Primarily she's an ambush hero so if you're rushing into fights it's your own fault. Put your damage on the dash and get the sight cards and you'll have a blast.
    Her dash doesn’t break blocks nor drain all of your stamina…

When it did. And it definitely did.
    It used to a long while back. And recently, they made it drain all stamina. But then they changed that back too

And that's definitely for the better because when you don't have stamina you can't attack OR block. She's a solid hero every time I've played her.
    Do you ever play her in HvV? No you don’t.

Yeah okay buddy just assume that I don't because I said something that you don't like. I do, so you're wrong.
    Do you ever play REY against somewhat competent enemies in HVV, no you don’t.

This is especially funny since Kylo can be a much more effective ambush hero than Rey due to his cc kit

Oh for sure he works as an ambush hero and as a straight attacker. Rey rarely can and has to stick to ambushing most of the time, bait and kill. Etc. Any hero can be GOOD, but she's not as versatile as the others. So she deserves a buff? What? No. Play to her strengths and you'll do good.
  • I love that people can't actually take what I'm saying and just because that style of play doesn't work out for them, it's a total waste of time. It works out for me when you play her smart. You probably play her like Luke, or Kylo. And that's not her purpose with the kit she has.

Sorry, not sorry.

Funny enough; Kylo is the better “ambush” hero due to his guard break.
    So is boba.
    So is Anakin
    So is Luke
    So is Dooku
    So is Maul.
    But REY here is op, and needs some nerfs.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • No. She's one of the better heroes if you know how to use her right, same with Obi-Wan. Her sight and being hidden from enemy radars is REALLY good when you use it correctly, the same with her mind trick.

Her Dash breaking blocks and leaving you without stamina is obnoxious (her swing speed also makes it frustrating as hell) and I'm glad it's gone. Primarily she's an ambush hero so if you're rushing into fights it's your own fault. Put your damage on the dash and get the sight cards and you'll have a blast.

It used to a long while back. And recently, they made it drain all stamina. But then they changed that back too

And that's definitely for the better because when you don't have stamina you can't attack OR block. She's a solid hero every time I've played her.

Yeah okay buddy just assume that I don't because I said something that you don't like. I do, so you're wrong.

This is especially funny since Kylo can be a much more effective ambush hero than Rey due to his cc kit

Oh for sure he works as an ambush hero and as a straight attacker. Rey rarely can and has to stick to ambushing most of the time, bait and kill. Etc. Any hero can be GOOD, but she's not as versatile as the others. So she deserves a buff? What? No. Play to her strengths and you'll do good.

Ah. One hero works as both a straight attacker and an ambush hero that can more efficiently interrupt the team, whereas the other works solely as a less effective ambush hero.

Solution should not be to buff then? But to play to the slightly less strong strength that exists within aforementioned character?

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

so any hero can be good? do you really think Leia is good? also have fun ambushing a team that actually sticks together you will die the second you try to dash strike or attack anyone.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

Ah. One hero works as both a straight attacker and an ambush hero that can more efficiently interrupt the team, whereas the other works solely as a less effective ambush hero.

Solution should not be to buff then? But to play to the slightly less strong strength that exists within aforementioned character?

Hell, maybe buff her insight damage, somehow limit voice lines when using it as well.

I was mainly talking about how people say she's a bad hero when she's really not if you play her cautiously. I really just didn't like the Obi/Rey stamina drain as it was definitely cheap, but I think that was a bug? Mind trick is a hit or miss, and I really wouldn't know a good buff to it.
  • I love that people can't actually take what I'm saying and just because that style of play doesn't work out for them, it's a total waste of time. It works out for me when you play her smart. You probably play her like Luke, or Kylo. And that's not her purpose with the kit she has.

Sorry, not sorry.

So is boba.
    So is Anakin
    So is Luke
    So is Dooku
    So is Maul.

I would disagree about Maul and Dooku. They’re pretty weak and not really good at anything. Duelist is nutty, but only in very specific circumstances. Maul has very good survival, but doesn’t actually do anything offensively - very easy to counter-play.

The rest - I agree with. I didn’t mention them due to the other individual specifically mentioning Kylo.

• unit900000 wrote: »
    No. She's one of the better heroes if you know how to use her right, same with Obi-Wan. Her sight and being hidden from enemy radars is REALLY good when you use it correctly, the same with her mind trick.

so any hero can be good? do you really think Leia is good? also have fun ambushing a team that actually sticks together you will die the second you try to dash strike or attack anyone.

You misunderstood. My fault. I meant any SABER hero can be good. I barely touch blaster heroes.

Patience, young padawan. They'll line up eventually.

Sorry, not sorry.

So is boba.
    So is Anakin
    So is Luke
    So is Dooku
    So is Maul.

I would disagree about Maul and Dooku. They’re pretty weak and not really good at anything. Duelist is nutty, but only in very specific circumstances. Maul has very good survival, but doesn’t actually do anything offensively - very easy to counter-play.

The rest - I agree with. I didn’t mention them due to the other individual specifically mentioning Kylo.
    That still leaves 3 other characters who are still better than REYin every way, but they still beat her at her best skill.

Hell, maybe buff her insight damage, somehow limit voice lines when using it as well.

I was mainly talking about how people say she's a bad hero when she's really not if you play her cautiously. I really just didn't like the Obi/Rey stamina drain as it was definitely cheap, but I think that was a bug? Mind trick is a hit or miss, and I really wouldn't know a good buff to it.

Definitely wouldn't call her bad. But she certainly isn't par. Her mind trick really needs a buff. I suggested a DoT effect that ticks for about 5 points of damage every second. Insight could use 145 damage. Her dash strike could do at least half the damage through blocks and cause a stagger effect on blocking heroes.

And yes silent footsteps and no voice lines during insight would make her more effective

These ideas aren't incredibly powerful. Just enough so that she has similar viability as others in HvV. These wouldn't even really affect GA too much

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

• anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    Yes, she does and very specific ones:
    1. First and foremost, at a bare minimum, Dash Strike HAS to break blocks. She has no range attacks so this is elemental to make her a top pick again in HvV, especially for duels.
    2. Mind trick is a very weak ability. Nearly useless (and super risky) in GA and only somewhat useful in HvV as it's very easy to counter. Needs 2 buffs:
      • Overheat blasters. This will remove a big part of the risk and make it a lot more useful for GA (specially if combined with one of the cards mentioned below) and give her additional usefulness against blaster villains.
      • Debuff to Lightsaber heroes: I'm not very sure on what it could be. Best thing that comes to mind is to halve the current stamina pool of the affected lightsaber enemies.
    3. Buff or rework certain cards as she has many useless ones:
      • Street fighter: Downright rework it entirely into doing something else. Rey has good stamina values at base and Insight also gives 50% stamina costs reduction. This one is easy. Increased Health Regen, 100 extra regen at Epic
      • Strong Mind: Her worst card. Counterproductive. Mind Trick requires you to be close to your enemy to be useful. Activating it from farther away means wasting the ability's active time while trying to get closer. Rework it entirely. Best idea that comes to mind is to give this card the option for Mind Trick to deal damage over time. 15 dmg per second at Epic would deal 60 dmg for the ability's full duration and encourage players to use Deep Mind for additional damage. At first glance 60 dmg might not seem like much but one of the uses is that it stops the enemy's HP regen from kicking in while blocking.
      • Opportunist: Increase the values by 5 dmg. At Epic, it would give 20 dmg hence encouraging players to use Mind Trick in GA much more due to the Mind Trick buff in point 2 and the fact that Insight+Opportunist would now OHK three of the four classes.

Sorry, not sorry.

So is boba.
    So is Anakin
    So is Luke
    So is Dooku
    So is Maul.

That still leaves 3 other characters who are still better than REYin every way, but they still beat her at her best skill.

Oh, absolutely. I agree.

Rey sucks at this, even though that’s her “thing”.
  • I remember
    No. She's one of the better heroes if you know how to use her right, same with Obi-Wan. Her sight and being hidden from enemy radars is REALLY good when you use it correctly, the same with her mind trick.

Definitely wouldn't call her bad. But she certainly isn't par. Her mind trick really needs a buff. I suggested a DoT effect that ticks for about 5 points of damage every second. Insight could use 145 damage. Her dash strike could do at least half the damage through blocks and cause a stagger effect on blocking heroes.

And yes silent footsteps and no voice lines during insight would make her more effective

These ideas aren't incredibly powerful. Just enough so that she has similar viability as others in HvV. These wouldn't even really affect GA too much

I remember @SadderJoker saying that her kit is underwhelming. It is. But that doesn't mean the abilities are completely worthless, you definitely can use it well even without those (much better) buffs you have suggested.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    1. First and foremost, at a bare minimum, Dash Strike HAS to break blocks. She has no range attacks so this is elemental to make her a top pick again in HvV, especially for duels.
    2. Mind trick is a very weak ability. Nearly useless (and super risky) in GA and only somewhat useful in HvV as it's very easy to counter. Needs 2 buffs:
      • Overheat blasters. This will remove a big part of the risk and make it a lot more useful for GA (specially if combined with one of the cards mentioned below) and give her additional usefulness against blaster villains.
      • Debuff to Lightsaber heroes: I'm not very sure on what it could be. Best thing that comes to mind is to halve the current stamina pool of the affected lightsaber enemies.
      • Street fighter: Downright rework it entirely into doing something else. Rey has good stamina values at base and Insight also gives 50% stamina costs reduction. This one is easy. Increased Health Regen, 100 extra regen at Epic
      • Strong Mind: Her worst card. Counterproductive. Mind Trick requires you to be close to your enemy to be useful. Activating it from farther away means wasting the ability's active time while trying to get closer. Rework it entirely. Best idea that comes to mind is to give this card the option for Mind Trick to deal damage over time. 15 dmg per second at Epic would deal 60 dmg for the ability's full duration and encourage players to use Deep Mind for additional damage. At first glance 60 dmg might not seem like much but one of the uses is that it stops the enemy's HP regen from kicking in while blocking.
      • Opportunist: Increase the values by 5 dmg. At Epic, it would give 20 dmg hence encouraging players to use Mind Trick in GA much more due to the Mind Trick buff in point 2 and the fact that Insight+Opportunist would now OHK three of the four classes.

For a mind trick buff just confuse the controller. Make the jump button the attack button, the attack button, the jump button etc

Wow i suggested the same. Good suggestions overall B)
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I remember

I remember @SadderJoker saying that her kit is underwhelming. It is. But that doesn't mean the abilities are completely worthless, you definitely can use it well even without those (much better) buffs you have suggested.

Well, underwhelming doesn't equal worthless or bad. @SadderJoker called her underwhelming, not worthless. She's teetering at just under par. You can use her very effectively, but still not nearly as effectively as most others. The buffs I suggested make her a viable ambush DoT hero that can whittle down a team, which is better than a CQC hero lacking in the stealth she can't rely on when facing a competent team.

The Hero With No Fear.

• No she does not need a buff
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • this_old_mouse
    1282 posts Member
    edited October 9
    No she does not need a buff
    In HvV she does

• DiamondxStyles
    889 posts Member
    edited October 9
    I'm tellin yall. DoT the move for debuffs. It's straightforward and characters an actual kit. Dash Strike through blocks > DoT on MT

Keeping health down. Whittling is the move. Plus these are pure HvV buffs

The Hero With No Fear.

• CC_1010 wrote: »

All right, so i will try to ambush the opponents while my team is getting slaughtered, since i shouldnt rush into fights because she is an "ambusher".

Your fault for not having her Dead Silence Pro Starcard equipped. Otherwise ambush heroes have loud footsteps and yell about old men with power in armor and masks.

THAT ARMOUR; THAT MASK

Oh shut up lol 😆

YOU - YOURE AFRAID

I don't need YOUR Help You PROBably need MINE

ThAt WaS LuCkY
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • 1. Make Dash go through blocks and make it so you can't be ragdolled while using it.
    2. Make it so that Rey's saber damage is 150 during the use of Insight.
    3. Make it so that when enemies are affected by Rey's mind trick they cannot dodge and blasters over heat for a short period of time.

That way Rey can be effective without overhauling her cards which yeah kinda suck but doing these buffs will make a few of them effective such as the card that grants a longer insight time.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• Sort of off topic: How much damage does Damaging Strike do?

The Hero With No Fear.

All right, so i will try to ambush the opponents while my team is getting slaughtered, since i shouldnt rush into fights because she is an "ambusher".

Your fault for not having her Dead Silence Pro Starcard equipped. Otherwise ambush heroes have loud footsteps and yell about old men with power in armor and masks.

THAT ARMOUR; THAT MASK

Oh shut up lol 😆

YOU - YOURE AFRAID

ThAt WaS LuCkY

SHRIVELED old MAn. BURNS with POWER

The Hero With No Fear.

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

THAT ARMOUR; THAT MASK

Oh shut up lol 😆

YOU - YOURE AFRAID

ThAt WaS LuCkY

I caN bEaT yOu! I WILL!!!
  • anidriX
    1140 posts Member
    Sort of off topic: How much damage does Damaging Strike do?

40 extra dmg

Dash Strike + Damaging Strike card=170 dmg

A must-use card in my opinion.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

1:51 lol
    CC_1010 wrote: »

THAT ARMOUR; THAT MASK

Oh shut up lol 😆

YOU - YOURE AFRAID

ThAt WaS LuCkY

I caN bEaT yOu! I WILL!!!

HeS tWiSteD I cAn FeEL HiS rAgE iTs LiKe A KniFe
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• No... She is one of the best in HvV
    Leia is better I’d say

Leia is better I’d say

I'd say that leia is better than rey when your team actually tries to protect you.
  • Sn0wBl0wn wrote: »
    No... She is one of the best in HvV
    Leia is better I’d say

I'd say that leia is better than rey when your team actually tries to protect you.

I'd say both are trash and need buffs
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

1:51 lol

*Waves lightsaber*

COWardssss

The Hero With No Fear.

Sort of off topic: How much damage does Damaging Strike do?

40 extra dmg

Dash Strike + Damaging Strike card=170 dmg

A must-use card in my opinion.

Yeah I calced it myself and got 169 🤔 but I agree it's one of her best

The Hero With No Fear.

• InfantRabbit
    41 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Might have to be careful with those buffs. She's already one of the characters that are really strong at what they do. I don't have issues killing 10 heroes with her in GA which i can't some of the other heroes can do that. I don't struggle with her in HvV as well even if my team is bad.
  • Might have to be careful with those buffs. She's already one of the characters that are really strong at what they do. I don't have issues killing 10 heroes with her in GA which i can't some of the other heroes can do that. I don't struggle with her in HvV as well even if my team is bad.

There exists no Saber Hero that can't do what you do, better than you do, in place of Rey besides Maul who is similarly par with her.

The Hero With No Fear.

• Uhhhhh....

Assuming yet again. Yes, plenty. I really have. Maybe you're not the competent player you think you are?
  • Now that we have news from the lead Hero Designer that Mind tricks will be blockable Rey needs a buff now more than ever
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• Now that we have news from the lead Hero Designer that Mind tricks will be blockable Rey needs a buff now more than ever

Really?

Really?

Yes. Mind tricks will be blockable. No confirmed date on this but yes
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

• NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Now that we have news from the lead Hero Designer that Mind tricks will be blockable Rey needs a buff now more than ever

Really?

No it wont be. Only abilities that previously staggered will be blockable now. Mindtricks never staggered.

That change has yet to come.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Really?

No it wont be. Only abilities that previously staggered will be blockable now. Mindtricks never staggered.

Those abilities are already blockable. You mean they're removing staggers, or?

The Hero With No Fear.

Really?

Yeah they're removing staggers but, you can't block abilites from behind now. For example if Darth Maul is behind you he will choke you regardless if your blocking
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Really?

Yeah they're removing staggers but, you can't block abilites from behind now. For example if Darth Maul is behind you he will choke you regardless if your blocking

Yeah I can already tell this is going to be a stupid change lol. Maul, Boba, Palpatine - all characters with better mobility over the LS, with stuns that can lead into a Vader's Choke, Kylo's Freeze.

But perhaps I'm not taking a close enough look at LS. Rey sounds like her Turnrate stopping mind trick just got a major buff. Maybe Rey's "ambush" build will actually finally work as "intended"

The Hero With No Fear.