criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Why do we keep getting Nerfs despite the fact so few of us actually want them?

The_Meme_Lord
134 posts Member
edited October 10
I am not against nerfs in general, like the ARC trooper/droid commando nerf/buff were pretty good, made them well-balanced.

However, why is it that whenever people ask for something to be buffed, it is instead nerfed?

Community: Speeders are too hard to control, its very hard to land hits on enemies
Very skilled player: Kills a hero very quickly with a level 70 speeder
Hero killed: "They are too op they must be nerfed"
Devs: (nerfs Speeders, making them unplayable)

Community: What is the point of Vader and Kylo's star cards? They don't change the fact that it still takes 3 hits to kill enemies, if the cards were 5+ damage more it would be 2 hit kill on normal troopers!
Devs: (Nerfs Kylo and Vader)

(I don't know how I feel about the Yoda nerf, personally I think it wasn't necessary but you get what i'm trying to tell you)

Why do people get this idea that its "unfair" if they're killed by something not on the same level as them? I see people complaining they can't kill a hero singlehandedly, or they cant take out a tank, or how speeders shouldn't be able to take out tanks, vice versa. That's the point of vehicles and heroes, they are supposed to be strong, some of them way stronger, otherwise the battle wouldn't change and it isn't as interesting. That doesn't mean they are OP, they all have weaknesses and it is not their job to reveal them to you.

We've all had the classic struggle where both teams are just shooting each other in that one hallway on CS and its a standstill, and then a hero usually breaks the conflict and gives their team the upper hand. How is that unfair?

A tank is taking out tons of players, and then a speeder shoots the tank it its weak spot multiple times while avoiding the tanks cannons and successfully kills it. How is that unfair?

A single trooper is shooting Anakin and Anakin kills the trooper in 1 second. How is that unfair?

All of these "unfair" problems you guys have can just be solved with teamwork. If you have 8 guys all shooting at maul he wont survive long.

If you just aim better and move smarter with the tank, you can easily take out that annoying speeder. If you just don't try to single handedly take out a hero who's not even attacking you at point blank range, chance is, you won't kill them.

The fact is, most of these "unfair features" u guys keep talking about are usually just caused by a handful of skilled players who took a lot of time becoming an expert at a particular task. If a player skilled on a speeder happens to land its laser barrage on a hero and kills the hero, then how does that automatically make all speeders too OP? If a Commando Droid happens to vibro-sword a hero to death after like 6-8 hits, how does that make all Commando Droids OP?

Something is only truly "nerf-worthy" if everybody is affected by it. For example, it was a known fact that Commandos were OP. The whole forum complained about them, and their battle focus made them immortal even to heroes. (Like 6 hits with Maul at point blank didnt kill them). THAT'S where you devs should be nerfing stuff, not because a handful doesn't like the fact that its PLAUSIBLE that they can be easily killed by a certain unit, who more than likely is just being used by a skilled player and doesn't affect the unit itself.
REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
Post edited by The_Meme_Lord on

Replies

• Not even close to everyone has said that these changes are bad. I know at least five credible people who would support this Vader change but are banned from the forums.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    The devs who don’t play this game think they know better than the people who play this game

Which is why IF any of you truly had even one iota of conviction regarding your spending habits you would all boycott BF III (when is it released in the future), and therefore force Disney's hand in allowing other far more deserving gaming studios the right to create superior Star Wars games.
    After all, IF this game were not based on Star Wars, it would have ZERO people playing it.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • Not even close to everyone has said that these changes are bad. I know at least five credible people who would support this Vader change but are banned from the forums.

I give you credit, no matter how terrible the nerf and no matter how much logic and reasoning is thrown at you, you will remain unchanged. Literally nothing anyone has said has changed your mind even one bit.
  • Because they are louder and spam a lot more often. THat's about how it goes. What else can DICE see when every other post is a nerf post.
  • It's the same thing happening all over society. Vocal minority rules.

Probably got banned for their dumb ideas
  • Moojammin_10
    2349 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Personally I think the majority of buffs, nerfs and bug fixes are a waste of time. They only cause another bug or something somewhere else.

As with every other game I've ever played you learn and understand the bugs and glitches and learn how to work around them. It just becomes part of the game. Now games can be changed after they are released we are on a never-ending quest for perfection. Don't bother.

Sort the stuff that needs sorting.. like matchmaking?

• this_old_mouse
    1282 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Not even close to everyone has said that these changes are bad. I know at least five credible people who would support this Vader change but are banned from the forums.

^Literally everyone aside from you on these forums don't like the changes. I read before you don't even play Vader? Or did I misread?

Anywho, these changes are terrible. The Clone Commandos are still in full swing with their mitigation. Luke's new card is terribly good. Boba was literally ran into the ground. Vader's choke? Oof. Guess I'm not using the choke to soak damage anymore... as a... 'tank'. DICE don't know how to balance for anything.
    I will say I don’t agree with many of the changes the devs made to these characters, but as long as HvV will now be a lot more balanced, I really don’t care. It’s not my fault the the devs don’t know how to separately balance modes, I’m not sure why everyone seems to want to blame me that their favorite character for GA is now slightly worse. I’ve made a plethora of suggestions for these characters to make them more balanced for each mode, but everyone seems to ignore those.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    The devs who don’t play this game think they know better than the people who play this game

This is so under said. No playtesters, no devs playing it

I wouldn't say exactly everyone, but the fact remains that so few are asking for nerfs for these things AT ALL.
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • I've been saying since launch to not go down this rabbit hole of nerfs....but no one listened. So, I can't agree more with the op.

Did you know that you can kill tanks with the saber heroes? I imagine not because I never see anyone but me do it. Guess I'm the only one crazy enough to charge a tank and kill it. I've probably killed well over 20 TX's since they came out. It isn't that hard tbh, same with the droid tank. The vehicle ability to run you over is the biggest issue with vehicles. It...makes no sense since they are hover vehicles but w/e. If heroes could actively kill speeders then nerfs would be unnecessary. The reason heroes complained was because they can't fight them. Even in the 6th movie they had Luke destroy a moving speeder. How is this not possible in-game?

If you fix the aiming issues with vehicles and make it so they can't run over heroes, reduce speeder damage SLIGHTLY, and allow heroes to track and/or kill them properly then people would cry less. It should have been done a long time ago...its always been an issue.

"All of these "unfair" problems you guys have can just be solved with teamwork. If you have 8 guys all shooting at maul he wont survive long."- I main Maul and this is 100% true. Half the time I won't attack a large group unless I'm confident. It can be suicide. Teamwork rules all. People just don't work together in this game. (I'll exclude the times I've killed groups of 10-15...because they can be special circumstances.)

People always cry nerf like with Yoda..despite that most people suck with Yoda and died fast even at his peak. The issue isn't that Yoda can heal but that the Dark Side CAN'T. It is dumb to give one side such an advantage and not the other. Why not give Phasma and/or Vader or even Palpatine the ability to produce extra HP for their troops like Yoda but with their own fortifying abilities?

Change Palps middle ability to produce "Dark corruption" which enhances nearby friendly troops and hurts the enemy like usual while active. Legit it doesn't have to even be that, it was just an example of what could be done...the sides need a balance so you can quit nerfing the game to hell.