criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

The Best Buff Solutions for Villains in GA

DiamondxStyles
889 posts Member
edited October 9
The light side has too many heroes that can turn the tide in GA with far too many damage reduction abilities.

I have found an approach that should appease both the GA kids and HvV kids with some dark side ability buffs that will serve as direct counters to Heroes like Finn, Yoda, and things like Clone Commandos:

DARTH VADER -

This hero sort of needs help in GA but the problem is, he does not need any sort of buffs to HvV. Without increasing his damage during Focused Rage from 145 to 150, a better solution is to give his Focused Rage a debuff effect to all Troopers within a 15 meter radius. This will allow Vader to oneshot all Troopers, like many wish for, without affecting HvV whatsoever. This will also help his team by making all surrounding enemies more vulnerable to damage:

Focused Rage:
  • Effect Type: Circle
  • Range: 15 Meters
  • Duration: Lasts until they exit the circle (Focused Rage - 10 Seconds)
  • Enemy Troopers are more vulnerable to all incoming damage by 30% within a 15 meter circle for the duration of the effect.

COUNT DOOKU -

This guy just needs some buffs in general. He only shines in Showdown. Now his Expose Weakness already has a damage vulnerability debuff of 20% that can be increased with a Starcard, but my proposed debuff effect to Expose Weakness will make him a far better pick in both GA and HvV; not only Showdown

Expose Weakess:
  • Effect Type: Cone
  • Range: 20 meters
  • Duration: 8 seconds (Buffed by 2.5 seconds)
  • Damage over Time effect that ticks for 5 damage every second (40 total damage to affected targets)

Of course, since Expose Weakness would then be a cone instead of single target, they would have to nerf this:

- Personally defeating enemies affect by Expose Weakness instantly refreshes it [Removed]

And an increase to the Cooldown by a few seconds:

- 16 seconds to 20 seconds

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

Post edited by DiamondxStyles on

Replies

• I agree that there needs to be some way of balancing the Villains in GA due to some objectives being super hard to capture as the dark side

A simple change would be to make Phasma's survivor work like Yoda's presence, which would make sense since she is supposedly some sort of Commander figure.

• Jazza_21SD wrote: »
    I agree that there needs to be some way of balancing the Villains in GA due to some objectives being super hard to capture as the dark side

A simple change would be to make Phasma's survivor work like Yoda's presence, which would make sense since she is supposedly some sort of Commander figure.

True that would work, but if they continue with era locking in CS, we should do that to counter Finn, and still apply my Dooku suggestion to try and counter Clone Commandos and Yoda.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

• These are actually kinda cool. One other suggestion might be to give Grievous a team damage buff like in 2005 Battlefront 2. Like maybe replace Unrelenting Advance with an ability that takes away his sprint but let’s him use all four sabers at like 200 damage a swing with a radius of maybe 15 meters of a damage buff for allies
  • Instead of buffing heroes again, so that you effectively have no chance to kill them with a trooper even if they do not play tactical, how about nerfing the heroes slightly
  • Instead of buffing heroes again, so that you effectively have no chance to kill them with a trooper even if they do not play tactical, how about nerfing the heroes slightly

No

No

I second this no

Why would you have no chance, when Heroes can be dogged by Jet troopers, stingers, Heavies, vehicles, vanguard squad, electric grenades/flashbangs combined with some or all of the above? There are dozens of ways to take down Heroes tbh.

The Hero With No Fear.