criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Little request to devs about control system

I know this really isn't a priority right know, but could you add double tapping directional buttons for dashing ability?
I know most players are fine with setup presented in game, but some of us(?) find the latter much more intuitive and a bit easier.
My reason is the fact that managing so many buttons at once is physically impossible for me (already ditched jump button), and dashing is one of crucial mechanics to get most out of your play.
You can do it in a way so it doesn't interfere with double tap to run setting-it would disable this option while you using double tap dash and you'd have to assign run/toggle run to manual button.
Another possibility is for game to recognize when you using quick double tap+release and would execute dash or one quick tap+quick holding tap and would execute run-this one other hand is harder to implement.
Since I opened this thread I must also ask-do you guys find aiming of vehicles to be hard?
I'm fine with starfighters and troopers but some of the ground vehicles like STAP and TX-130 are extremely hard to aim and my sensitivity is already set on max.
Anyways, like I said please consider my suggestion for some next patch.
Thanks.

Replies

• Can I get some answer so I know if I should hope for change?
  • Yeah, most of the ground vehicles have serious aiming problems. Either too sensitive, and keep pointing down, or not sensitive enough and shots don't hit where I'm aiming. STAP is erratic and disrupted by going over terrain. TX-130 defaults to pointing down when I'm not actively aiming it up, and is difficult to hold steady while aiming up or in a different direction than default (not aiming or not moving the analog on PS4).

Double tap for dash is excellent, and a longer distance traveled for rolling and rocket-droid/trooper dashing. Make it so it covers a longer distance the longer the button is held up to a maximum range, and keep the default dash for not holding down the button but only double tapping and releasing. Rocket classes could have a vertical boost using triangle button (unused except for special weapon pickups on respective maps, and rocket classes can't use those anyway, so no need to change inputs). It would solve getting stuck on static objects in the middle of a fight or getting attacked, and could be utilized in a number of other situations.
  • Yeah, most of the ground vehicles have serious aiming problems. Either too sensitive, and keep pointing down, or not sensitive enough and shots don't hit where I'm aiming. STAP is erratic and disrupted by going over terrain. TX-130 defaults to pointing down when I'm not actively aiming it up, and is difficult to hold steady while aiming up or in a different direction than default (not aiming or not moving the analog on PS4).

Double tap for dash is excellent, and a longer distance traveled for rolling and rocket-droid/trooper dashing. Make it so it covers a longer distance the longer the button is held up to a maximum range, and keep the default dash for not holding down the button but only double tapping and releasing. Rocket classes could have a vertical boost using triangle button (unused except for special weapon pickups on respective maps, and rocket classes can't use those anyway, so no need to change inputs). It would solve getting stuck on static objects in the middle of a fight or getting attacked, and could be utilized in a number of other situations.

Glad I'm not the only one. This dash/roll ''reworks'' would be a life saver for me. Especially because of that 100% immunity. Regarding STAP, idk who designed that thing but it's almost impossible to aim accurately with such slow turn rate here on PC...
  • I use a trackball and sometimes the only way to get a ground speeder to turn properly is to just spin the ball as hard as I can while holding one of the strafe keys, I don't know how mouse users manage. And then there's airspeeders which are the total opposite, if you don't lower your vehicle sensitivity way down beforehand they wobble and weave completely out of control.