criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Lag getting really bad?

So, I've got only one device connected to the internet and a speed test via Google just showed I have at least 30 Mbps download speed (screw you, Charter, I'm paying for 100 Mbps). Yet despite this, for almost two months now I've had serious lag when playing this game, often to the point where I have to quit because I literally just get frozen. Not even rubberbanding. The game glitches out and changes from third person to first person and just freezes. Some level of lag that makes the game at the very least difficult to play happens literally every single day. What's the deal with this? If it's not addressed, I don't see how I can continue to play. I don't say that as a statement of principle, I say it as a literal fact. I literally cannot play this game if the lag is this severe this frequently. It's not possible even if I wanted to.

Replies

• Been this way since launch
  • Server performance has been on a constant downard spiral. Lag is life now (but certainly not love).
  • What really ticks me off is playing against opponents who seem to be fully aware that you’re lagging. They’re the ones who run straight at you without any strategy, because they can hit you before you can block or get your second dodge. It’s bull.
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    its because you get paassed round the world to different serveres you dont really think you are in your correct region all the time do you. Thank EOR MM for this
  • jonci wrote: »
    its because you get paassed round the world to different serveres you dont really think you are in your correct region all the time do you. Thank EOR MM for this

Also because they delete servers in some areas forcing those people to play on overseas servers with constant lag - ping indicator saying bad connection and then turns red freezing your character for a few seconds. It really sucks.