criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

What is the worst hero ability in the game

realta333
204 posts Member
edited October 10
By worst I mean actually useless, not "uhhh anakin retributioned me AGAIN moannnn"

I think it's Mauls saber throw he literally throws garbage

The damage is useless

Hitbox and animation are a joke

And our new and improved AI friends can now dodge force powers. Pretty sure one caught my lightsaber & stole it last game. So unbalanced amiright.

Replies

• Janglesworthy
    165 posts Member
    edited October 10
    problem with force powers is the little projection plane they shoot off of isn't map to the normals of geometry in the game. [removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • JMaster
    2249 posts Member
    Leia's Flash Grenade. With Star Cards it's just a little different, but at base it's trash. Get this... it doesn't even have a hit marker OR an indicator. Heck, one of the Star Cards for it just gives it a little outline of the player that's been hit in red. The base officer flash grenade does that as a base attribute, why would you tie that to one of the hero's precious Star Cards? Speaking of things the base officer grenade does that Leia's doesn't, it also deals ZERO damage. Just my opinion.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Leia's Flash Grenade. With Star Cards it's just a little different, but at base it's trash. Get this... it doesn't even have a hit marker OR an indicator. Heck, one of the Star Cards for it just gives it a little outline of the player that's been hit in red. The base officer flash grenade does that as a base attribute, why would you tie that to one of the hero's precious Star Cards? Speaking of things the base officer grenade does that Leia's doesn't, it also deals ZERO damage. Just my opinion.

If they swapped the Officer's grenade for Leia's in every possible way, I would totally be down for it. The card could also be reveal to the team while Leia gets the base reveal like the Officer. It would fix a lot of issue people have with both.
  • I'd second the maul throw. It'd be a cold day on Mustafar before that thing ever lands.
    Super hate that the AI dodges stuff shot at them from behind on the first shot. They are one with the force and the force is one with them.
  • I think we’re forgetting about bobas concussion rocket here

That thing is actually decent if you out on the disabler card.

I think it's a tie between Leia's flash bomb and Iden's sniper rifle.
  • mrnedburns wrote: »
    I think we’re forgetting about bobas concussion rocket here

Fair point. However I think Lando’s smoke deserves a mention
  • Depends on game mode. Players deploying Leia's shield vs a 4 saber villain team is annoying AF in HvV.
  • Boba Fett Concussion Rocket
  • mrnedburns wrote: »

That sniper rifle is absolutely brutal against the AT-TEs on Geonosis GA. In one match I took down all of them with it. But aside from that, its meh.
  • Retribution by far because 90% of the time it doesn't activate
  • Concussion rocket without a doubt.
  • bfloo
    15817 posts Member
    Leia's shield, most of the time it ends up benefiting the other team.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I don’t know what you guys are talking about when you say the smoke is bad, it’s actually really handy in HvV to mask your position. And using the extended duration card, you will be in a constant cloud of smoke. Really complements Lando’s kit.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Useless? Landos smoke
  • realta333 wrote: »
    By worst I mean actually useless, not "uhhh anakin retributioned me AGAIN moannnn"

I think it's Mauls saber throw he literally throws garbage

The damage is useless

Hitbox and animation are a joke

And our new and improved AI friends can now dodge force powers. Pretty sure one caught my lightsaber & stole it last game. So unbalanced amiright.

Maul's saber throw is garbage? It does 170 & 210 with a card & always hits for me. The hitbox is huge how can you miss
  • Flash Grenade or Smoke.
  • Maul’s Throw? If it hits twice (something easy to do) it OHK 3 of the 4 classes and can OHK Heavies too if you run Accelerated Throw.

Worst abilities are easily Lando’s Smoke and Leia’s Flash.
  • Definitely not Mauls throw.

~

• Leia’s flash grenade / shield
    • Lando’s smoke grenade
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Flash grenade
  • I'd say it's a three way tie between Leia's Flash Grenade, Boba's Concussion Rocket, and Lando's Smoke Grenade.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • I'd say it's a three way tie between Leia's Flash Grenade, Boba's Concussion Rocket, and Lando's Smoke Grenade.

His smoke grenade is actually useful. I use it in HvV to confuse the Vilians where Im coming from
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

His smoke grenade is actually useful. I use it in HvV to confuse the Vilians where Im coming from

I could see that for the saber folk. I mostly use blasters and three of the four villains have heat vision and the fourth can trigger stun or use alt fire and rough it. I'll try the smoke next time I'm facing a saber team.
  • MC_XIX
    2030 posts Member
    Concussion Missile. After that, staff strikes, and then maybe Flash Grenade.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3050 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Lando's smoke grenade, it does basically nothing. There are other bad abilities, like Concussion Missile and Flash Grenade, but they at least have some redeeming qualities through star cards, blaster disabler on Concussion Missile and enemy reveals through walls on Flash Grenade. Lando's smoke does absolutely nothing in HvV in my experience, I think it's supposed to block saber tracking within the cloud, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
  • Flash, smoke or squad shield.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Leia's flash grenade or Lando's smoke grenade
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • PASSIONATE STRIKE
  • PASSIONATE STRIKE

Why a lightsaber attack with 50mts of range would be bad
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • Leia's shield actually hinders her team in most scenarios other than triggering an objective.
  • Frenzy is the worst ability in the game. It should grant 100% damage immunity and have a cooldown of 2 seconds. A bad player like me needs all the auto-aim abilities I can get.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • hatreds_wrath
    378 posts Member
    edited October 14
    mrnedburns wrote: »

Gotta say not Idens rifle. That thing is deadly against unsuspecting blaster heroes if you hit them two or 3 times in the head. I always use it when I spawn far before I actually get close to the fray. Very difficult to hit faster targets tho.

Worst abilities by far are Expose weakness and Leias flash grenade. The most useless ability however is Landos Smoke as it absolutely does not do anything. I honestly just throw it just for the sake of throwing it.
  • Concussion rocket. Oooo look out, your going to have to deal with some distortion on the edges of your screen. So scary.
  • JackSpanky
    57 posts Member
    edited October 14
    Absolutely the Leia/Lando/Boba answers, anyone who's played these characters for even five minutes can tell you how useless those abilities are. Leia's squad shield and Iden's personal shield aren't far behind. It's a bad look when your damn HEROES have nigh-useless abilities and can't even tweak them as well as base classes can with star cards.

If anyone is answering with a Force/saber ability immediately eject them from this conversation. Come on down to Blaster Town and try that goth raver pity on us, lol