criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Over Competitive Self-Named "Pro" Players Have Become A HUGE Problem in Hero Modes

Hi first time on the forums so be nice, just thought I'd bring up a topic that seems to be growing in concern.

So for the casual players of this -what should be- a casual game has turned into a circus of high level try hards that basically run around trolling, camping and often level 600 ridiculous unstoppable monsters who claim "pro" with a game with no stats. I'm sure I am not alone when I say enough is enough when what I consider to be a good game mode (Hero Showdown) is dominated by rage-quitters and try hards. I used to enjoy the modes but now these people clear house and bug exploit. I think they need to do something about people who use these exploits and troll tactics, as for the casual player like myself, is kind of frustrating when you want to chill out and take away from the usual multiplayer scene but just keep getting dominated and end up with bottom barrel XP and credits. To be perfectly honest, kind of don't like the idea of being forced or bullied to not play the modes which seems to be happening to a fair amount of people.

Look, I don't mind people leveling up characters, grinding one when they found a groove, I for one understand (Han Solo, The Emperor, Rey and Count Dooku are all ones I use mainly), but when your in a gamemode in a game with NO STATS and your getting some pretty horrific messages from these people I stop there and think: they need to up there game with reporting toxicity and trolling, and separation of players. I think they need to add some sort of "ranked?" mode/idea/matches for these people who take this game too seriously, just so a poor level 3 doesn't get flattened by a level 256 crazy Lando with a itchy trigger finger. I think putting a ranked or higher tier scale mode would help balance it out; since let's be honest, it's a popular game mode so I can't see population being a problem on the split (Siege, COD) so when people want to grind or be insane and watch YouTube videos on how to become a "pro" (and yes I'm being serious about this, I've been messaged by a few people to check out there YouTube channel on pro SWBII plays). Furthermore I think the lack of any reporting in this game is absolutely disgusting.
I think nowadays with the amount of people and younger adults playing video games every game needs this, but with the player base increasing, this game has gathered the more competitive players; these people treating SWBII heroes as if it's Overwatch. The amount of toxic messages I have received from playing decently in a match or because of gamelag or the game being busted... it's just upsetting. I don't really want to play a game with NO STATS and have a good ol' time but be on the receiving end of some angry over competitive COD or Overwatch player (no offense intended to those who do play that game, just my experiences of them).

My whole point to this semi-rant is that look, I'm not *****, I think everyone should play this game, it's come a long way and I want everyone to experience this buggy ever changing fun game; however I feel like this game has lost a lot of it's core in terms of players and playing, and I think with DICE and EA's aim to pull new players in with (now) frequent updates is a good thing (at least so we can get into matches) but they need to accomodate for these new players too, whom of which from what I can gather are way more competitive and are not so much Star Wars fans (which is okay). And let me be clear, it's not just outward not-Star Wars fans, it's some who have played this game since the beginning who have adopted this mindset too. I implore DICE to look at this growing problem, and hopefully people will back this or can at least understand my concerns. Also, heard that people want this game to be put into the pro circuits? Like c'mon people. Lol.

Summary:
- Ranking Version of Hero Modes (Skill/tier based matchmaking? Like -dare I say- Fortnite? Just throwing it out there)
- Consequences to rage-quiting such as timers (more so on a ranked server)
- Reporting features e.g. bugs, griefing, online abuse such as trolling and bullying (REALLY NEEDED)
- Maybe add game statics for the newer players and for those who are curious and hours, favorite weapon, most played hero etc. (Always wondered when it doesn't have them anyways).
- And maybe fix stutter in Capital Supremacy? (PlayStation mainly, seems the best on PC and Xbox it's fine from what I've played) Good look trying to aim at a moving target folks, it's like '17 release Galactic Assault all over again (more on that another time).

Replies

• This will never happen, I’m afraid.
  • I'm staying optimistic, at least hope they can put reporting in, it's a basic multiplayer necessity.
  • welcome to the forums :)

Very much agree. I have been talking about making matches fair for a while now. It is, in my opinion, the only thing wrong with the game. I can work with all the bugs, glitches and imbalance. I just work out how to beat it. But the match making system sucks.

Too many stomps, too many groups playing against randoms. Too many try hard elite players up against lesser ability players.

I want an option at the end of every match to select to avoid particular players. I also want to know if I am up against a premade.

I really dont think it is too much to ask for.

• There a long way from pros bro, just toxic tryhards that don’t want any competitive gameplay or KD and don’t opt for private matches or tournament modes. This is the only place they can ever be relevant do they’re just what they are, tryhards that party up in groups of 3 or 4 to beat up on randoms..
  • There a long way from pros bro, just toxic tryhards that don’t want any competitive gameplay or KD and don’t opt for private matches or tournament modes. This is the only place they can ever be relevant do they’re just what they are, tryhards that party up in groups of 3 or 4 to beat up on randoms..

Bully's then?

No one that plays this game is a pro. It’s a casual game and we are all casual players - some are simply better than others.

I play in a party most of the time. It’s not to beat up on randoms, it’s because I enjoy playing my friends and the game is more enjoyable that way.

As for wanting competitive gameplay - that’s all I want. It’s why I go though all the effort of setting up 4v4’s with my friends and other teams I know. I’m not going to find competitive gameplay when I play regular games, whether I solo Q, or play with my friends. I don’t mean to be a rude, but not many people are good at this game, so there’s no competition to be found from randomly searching, unless I get lucky and find a stack.

You’re projecting, mate.

That might describe some but definitely not the totality of “competitive” players
    PSN: DarthLando-

No one that plays this game is a pro. It’s a casual game and we are all casual players - some are simply better than others.

I play in a party most of the time. It’s not to beat up on randoms, it’s because I enjoy playing my friends and the game is more enjoyable that way.

As for wanting competitive gameplay - that’s all I want. It’s why I go though all the effort of setting up 4v4’s with my friends and other teams I know. I’m not going to find competitive gameplay when I play regular games, whether I solo Q, or play with my friends. I don’t mean to be a rude, but not many people are good at this game, so there’s no competition to be found from randomly searching, unless I get lucky and find a stack.

Hence why players like yourself should have the opportunity to play ranked matches. Just so it can satisfy you and so lower level "skilled" players can have fun and who are not seeking to be competitive. I also think people shouldn't have to be "good" at this game, since there's isn't much skill in terms of gameplay or tactics, just bugs and slight hand of timing. People may not be "pro's" but they are acting like it, and taking this game way too seriously.
  • Scolcon wrote: »
    There a long way from pros bro, just toxic tryhards that don’t want any competitive gameplay or KD and don’t opt for private matches or tournament modes. This is the only place they can ever be relevant do they’re just what they are, tryhards that party up in groups of 3 or 4 to beat up on randoms..

Hence why players like yourself should have the opportunity to play ranked matches. Just so it can satisfy you and so lower level "skilled" players can have fun and who are not seeking to be competitive. I also think people shouldn't have to be "good" at this game, since there's isn't much skill in terms of gameplay or tactics, just bugs and slight hand of timing. People may not be "pro's" but they are acting like it, and taking this game way too seriously.

Private matches and/or hidden MMR (aka SBMM) are what I’ve wanted for a long time now.

Unfortunately, as I stated earlier, neither of these are likely to happen.

DICE hasn’t had SBMM or any sort of ranked in any of their recent games, as far as I know. I highly doubt they’ll be adding it into a two year old game, especially given the casual nature of it.

Private matches are also incredibly unlikely. The most recent statement saw about this was when they said they’re not planning on having private matches anytime soon, since only a small percentage of players would use them. They would rather work on reinforcements or maps, which more players would use. Sucks, but it’s fair.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    There was a grievous yesterday who just left after my 655 Obi killed him. Levels don’t mean anything.
    But I understand what you mean. Randoms=no fun
  • I rarely play Showdown because I more often then not kill both players...gets kinda boring and I feel bad half the time. I'm competitive by nature..so I don't like an easy enemy. That and most of the time it feels like I can't find a game.
  • The main thing that separates the competitive players I know,(in cod and csgo), is they play other competitive players 99.9% of the time and seldom play randoms. The problem with this game is we don’t have many options to work with. If we had a tournament mode or a ranked type mode, or even private matches, it would be a lot easier for the guys that like that sort of thing.

I think many are just content playing randoms which is how this game was designed I guess. It’s not the players fault that the game doesn’t offer better options.
    DarthLando wrote: »
    There a long way from pros bro, just toxic tryhards that don’t want any competitive gameplay or KD and don’t opt for private matches or tournament modes. This is the only place they can ever be relevant do they’re just what they are, tryhards that party up in groups of 3 or 4 to beat up on randoms..

You’re projecting, mate.

That might describe some but definitely not the totality of “competitive” players

Agree and definitely not all players are that way, I’ve met some cool dudes that are clearly head and shoulders better than others that are class acts.
  • How long have people been asking for private matches, ranked playlists, K/D's etc

I've been waiting since launch for at least recorded stats

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

• DiamondxStyles
    889 posts Member
    edited October 10
    By this point its's likely not happening, and the better players will continue to be better in the same lobbies as the nubs.

I love your suggestions but you started your intro in a standoffish manner. Something needs to be done about them? How so lol? They are toxic because they are better than you? They're just playing a game they happen to be more skilled at. It's not like they should somehow "de-skill" themselves just because they don't have separate playlists. Where else do these players have to play?

You ended this in a way I completely agree t, when you shifted from calling the high levels tryhards and toxic because they play more tactically, to offering solutions such as playlists, etc

But I wholly agree if they are sending hateful messages. But that's an XBOX/PS4 issue that these platforms should deal with, and to my knowledge, they usually do on XBOX
    Post edited by DiamondxStyles on

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

• DiamondxStyles
    889 posts Member
    edited October 10
    But I really do hate playing randoms. I can tell when it's unfair. My only hope is that they don't stay in for the next round else I usually leave.

Kind of irony, that, even though I've never once sent a message, I get a ton of hate messages from players that lose the match. Most aren't even close to what I'd call skilled. I think your problem is more a general population problem with many being hyper belligerent, rather than high level players being more toxic on average.

The Hero With No Fear.

• Pro means Professional. If they are not making money at it, then they are not pros. It does not matter how good they are at it.

I just assume those types losers and then feel bad for them that they take this game seriously.
  • I would love a ranked system or something of the like but sadly as all ready been said it probably wont ever happen.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • rollind24
    5945 posts Member
    edited October 11

Bully's then?

I wouldn’t say bullies. Nothing wrong with wanting to play with friends and I say that as a largely solo player. I don’t understand the mentality of thinking anything over a 20 kill streak in a shooter game in the large modes is somehow a “weak” unit though. I do get a kick out of the same players ranting about small “balance” changes because they ran into someone that was able to kill them.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    People get uptight about levels, there is no difference between a level 40 and 1000 max, its time in game that's all.
    Best thing they could do is remove people being able to see the levels and job done, also i find that its newer players who get toxic with comments like get a life you waster etc, you need to do some thing else etc, some people have just been playing since day 1.
    Also you thinking because some one is level 600 they are better than any other person is not necessarily true. I know people low level whoop higher level players so there you go. If some one plays better than you, well that's that.
  • I just had a post a week or two ago (my first) about the HvV streamroll problem. Emoting/gestures don't bother me. A lot of that are kids. What bothers me is the current set up of HvV.

HvV, in its current non-objective state, is a mode the encourages quiting, loopsided match play and non-teamwork. Few developers would tolerate that for very long. They ended the target system, great. But Dice simply made it hero blast and walked away. This game mode is in desperate need of some significant tweaks. We've yet to hear any word from the developers about looking into changes, let alone asking for opinions. That's not good.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »
    There was a grievous yesterday who just left after my 655 Obi killed him. Levels don’t mean anything.

Huh?! I think you just wanted to tell people you got a 655 Obi-Wan

Maybe he simply had to go or was bored? Not sure why you'd automatically assume it had to do with your level. I don't even notice people's levels when they kill me. I usually use look at which cards they are using. I usually quit out of HvV once I am bored of that match.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Maybe he simply had to go or was bored? Not sure why you'd automatically assume it had to do with your level. I don't even notice people's levels when they kill me. I usually use look at which cards they are using. I usually quit out of HvV once I am bored of that match.

He wrote: “level 655 huh” and left
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Huh?! I think you just wanted to tell people you got a 655 Obi-Wan

The massage is; people get really upset when they get killed by high level characters. Not because they loose badly. No just because they got killed by someone with a high level. Today I encountered a maxed palpatine!

He wrote: “level 655 huh” and left

Fair point. I stand corrected.