criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Changes to saber staggering + mind tricks coming

a17mya43wcj0.png
5we1mmpchci0.png
PSN: DarthLando-

Replies

• Good. That's going to make Luke's repulse so much more useful.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Rey will be useless. Vador and Kylo will be completely op.
  • Well sounds about time for a nice Rey Buff
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

Its Vader not Vador
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

• Its Vader not Vador

You mean Lord Vader, not Vader.
  • Oh, gosh.

Blockable mind trick.

Making Rey even more useless. Sad.

For real though.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »

Its Vader not Vador

No! It’s dark Vador

No they won't
  • Oh, gosh.

Blockable mind trick.

Goodbye kylo's block break as well. Seems they paid attention to my reddit post.
  • Oh, gosh.

Blockable mind trick.

They will still work from behind though so rey will be good I think. Stupid to use mind trick in the front any ways
  • Oh, gosh.

Blockable mind trick.

They will still work from behind though so rey will be good I think. Stupid to use mind trick in the front any ways

Mind trick and Dash strike both.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

No they won't

Just lol

No they won't

Just lol

You seem to struggle against them. Kylo's frenzy is now completely blockable, vader has no damage reduction. You seem to be the only pc player who thinks like this

No they won't

Just lol

@NomiSunstrider @TheUltimateHope do you guys struggle against vader & kylo on pc? Surely they can't be as unstoppable as this guy claims.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

No they won't

Just lol

@NomiSunstrider @TheUltimateHope do you guys struggle against vader & kylo on pc? Surely they can't be as unstoppable as this guy claims.

So you can’t see how op this will make Vador?
    It is just unfair that Vador has so many strengths and so few weaknesses

No they won't

Just lol

So you can’t see how op this will make Vador?
    It is just unfair that Vador has so many strengths and so few weaknesses

Not op but, it's a huge buff for him & Anakin. Stamina, floaty jump, slow swing speed, slowest force user, & longest health regen. Advantages: bonus health, 25% damage reduction, 145 damage with rage & choke combo.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3085 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Repulse and HM will have a huge buff since theyre AoE. But Vader' Choke as well, but he did receive nerf to dmg resistance, so that will balance things up a bit.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Repulse and HM will have a huge buff since theyre AoE. But Vader' Choke as, but he did receive neef to dmg resistance, so that will balance things up a bit.

Repulse is going be great once they implement this. Rush attack into repulse will almost be a guaranteed knockdown except against very skilled players.
  • Yeah, pretty decent nerf to Kylo, since his guard break will not work anymore.

But, it’s also kind of a buff, as his whole kit will now function if he manages to get a flank off. He’ll be able to apply nice pressure.

No they won't

Just lol

They are some of the best heroes in the game, but they have their equivalent, not gameplaywise but resultwise, i don't really struggle against.
    That said i don't think CC says that because he fully believes that, there is a bit of faction playrole in it (he's a lightside adherant), and there's a bit of creating some "greater evil" to protect his cherished character from the nerfhammer.

This change aside from the obvious big buff to Luke i think is really too early to say how things are going, literally everything just changed in HvV, all the dynamics, all the meta, all the ways to play.
  • Oh, gosh.

Blockable mind trick.

No actually this is very sad news for Rey. With this update, a frontal mind trick could have been great for helping a teammate setting an "ambush", with her stopping their turnrate from any angle. Poor Rey

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

• I hereby annul my previous statement:
    Hmm, I feel like Rey's turnrate stopping mind trick just got a pretty substantial buff though. She's finally an "ambush" character

Except she's going to be the "bait" that sets the ambush 😂 with Anakin pulling the team from behind

Rey's still going to be trash

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

• CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Mindtricks should not be blockable tbh. Rey will suffer from this much more then Obi Wan. His mind trick will be bad again when it is shortened and blockable. Good I don’t relay on it at all.
    Mindtricks should not be blockable tbh. Rey will suffer from this much more then Obi Wan. His mind trick will be bad again when it is shortened and blockable. Good I don’t relay on it at all.

Then vaders choke shouldn't be dodgeable
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Then vaders choke shouldn't be dodgeable

For normal troopers that would be ok. Not for blaster heroes.
  • Wow, someone should tell that guy that the place he works for has a forum, and that he's welcome to come on down. Or maybe the community manager could manage to officially make the announcements to the community.....yathink?

On the bright side, very happy to hear that the cheapest move in the game (worse than any stun) will be blockable. Happy that my force pushes won't bounce off invisible backblocks too.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Christ all mighty honestly what is this player base.

seriously anyone who is so bad at the game that they actually suggested mind tricks should be blockable need to delete the game. have fun going back to the dark times were dark side wins every game in HvV if this nonsense ever happens sense the only hero on par with Anakin will basically get a nerf (Obi).
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • and yes basically a nerf to Rey as well what a joke will this game ever leave meme statues?
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Christ all mighty honestly what is this player base.

seriously anyone who is so bad at the game that they actually suggested mind tricks should be blockable need to delete the game. have fun going back to the dark times were dark side wins every game in HvV if this nonsense ever happens sense the only hero on par with Anakin will basically get a nerf (Obi).

Exactly. DS has the major mobility advantage. If MT's are blockable, and with Yoda still trash, it sounds like the DS is back to it's Pre Anakin state

The Hero With No Fear.

• I don't see how the dark side will have more of an advantage. As the tweet implies force abilities will affect the player if their back is turned, I think the plentifull push abilities on the lightside has the potential to turn the tides, in addition to the mind tricks (which I do agree should be blockable if this tweet becomes true).

Concerning Rey tho she has an ability that takes her off the radar, if you are able to flank and mindtrick them from behind then use dash to knock them down (if dash can hit from behind) I'm sure you could do pleanty of damage. Especially with the starcards... Focused sight, Deep mind and Opportunist. Making her almost like a ninja 🤔
    So I disagree with her becoming underpowered.

I would personally like these potential changes tho, it would mix up the hvv PvP in a good way, you have the chance to break apart a well defended team, which currently is already a difficult thing to do if playing solo.
  • I've always had a major problem with how the Mind Trick ability actually works on any of the Villains. I mean, from the logical stand point that Mind Tricks in Star Wars ONLY work on the weak minded.
    Yep, Mind Tricks should not work on any of the Villains. Then again, all so many of you would then complain (as some of you still do) that Rey and Obi-Wan aren't somehow great Heroes in the hands of a capable player.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN

Its Vader not Vador

No! It’s dark Vador

It’s actually Anakin, Anakin Skywalker. Same dude.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Mind Trick just needs to not disable dodge and we can call it a day.
  • Reys mindtrick will be useless

Mind Trick just needs to not disable dodge and we can call it a day.

Nope. Reducing the duration is better
  • DarthLando
    1419 posts Member
    edited October 10
    unit900000 wrote: »

100%
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    unit900000 wrote: »

Exactly my thoughts when people whine about mindtricks.
    I will take a break from the game when my Obi is maxed as I foresee dark times where bugs, glitches and imbalance will rise to infuriate the playerbase. Leading this period of darkness dark Vador and Kylo Ken will choke and pull freeze whole teams from behind.
  • K4152
    123 posts Member
    Reduce both of them by half and make it so you can only be affected by one at a time. Or just the reduction should be enough as well.
  • Repulse and HM will have a huge buff since theyre AoE. But Vader' Choke as, but he did receive neef to dmg resistance, so that will balance things up a bit.

Repulse is going be great once they implement this. Rush attack into repulse will almost be a guaranteed knockdown except against very skilled players.

Or if you just turn 180 degrees or dash backwards.

• I rarely get ***** over a game, but this complete *****.
    STOP LISTENING TO CLOWNS ON TWITTER.

Why the ***** should mind abilities be blockable? Get the ***** out of here with this garbage. I enjoy Obi and make him work... this is ***** ridiculous.

Get real DICE... only people complaining about mind abilities are bottom of the barrel players...

UN... *****... REAL...
  • Meerkat wrote: »
    I rarely get ***** over a game, but this complete *****.
    STOP LISTENING TO CLOWNS ON TWITTER.

Why the ***** should mind abilities be blockable? Get the ***** out of here with this garbage. I enjoy Obi and make him work... this is ***** ridiculous.

Get real DICE... only people complaining about mind abilities are bottom of the barrel players...

UN... *****... REAL...

Why shouldn't they be blockable? Just a thought 😁