criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

lightsabers users can no longer block from behind!

jhabw76lz5tx.jpg

Thank you!!

Replies

• Niiice. Good change.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Atreus213 wrote: »
    Great idea, but I already know it will be horribly executed.

+1 Me is thinking the same thing like that too. Anything is possible with this game.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Does anyone else think that Kylo's pull + freeze tactic is coming to an end soon with this change?

I believe it is going to be...
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Kylo's pull + freeze tactic is coming to an end soon with this change?

Yes thank God. This will also gone down ragdolling. Hate when luke & anakin use abilities at the same time & ragdoll me even though I'm blocking. Might end idens stun stagger
  • NomiSunstrider
    3087 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Clone201 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Kylo's pull + freeze tactic is coming to an end soon with this change?

Yes thank God. This will also gone down ragdolling. Hate when luke & anakin use abilities at the same time & ragdoll me even though I'm blocking. Might end idens stun stagger

But they can ragdoll you now from the back.

Oh.boy and Vader just got a big buff in HvV. His Choke lightsaber combo will be even more deadlier now. Might even use Intensified lightsaber throw card.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Clone201 wrote: »

But they can ragdoll you now from the back.

Oh.boy and Vader just got a big buff in HvV. His Choke lightsaber combo will be even more deadlier now. Might even use Intensified lightsaber throw card.

True although I can honestly say I hardly get snuck up on. Yes I was thinking this as well. Huge buff for Vader & Anakin. Sneak up & pull an entire time goodness gracious.
  • This is good. I thought rolling out of a force power was stupid but I understand its needed for balance. I can see no reason whatsoever that someone should be able to block attacks from behind.
  • This is good. I thought rolling out of a force power was stupid but I understand its needed for balance. I can see no reason whatsoever that someone should be able to block attacks from behind.

Its counter intuitive and pretty casual game mechanics. But im affraid casuals will get dominated even more now by skilled players.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• This is going to be so bugged
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.
  • NomiSunstrider
    3087 posts Member
    edited October 10
    This is going to be so bugged

Yeah expect force powers going through block from the front too, cuz of latency and stuff.
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• DiamondxStyles
    889 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Wow this is a stupid change; The former change at least. Combining staggers made the game fun.

3602p1rdodnf.gif

I don't mind the Force powers connecting from behind difference, but I can already tell it's going to be just as vapid as before. Going to be even easier to separate Jedi due to dark side mobility. Palpatine, Boba, Maul. DS has always had mobility, but before it didn't have as much of an impact as I'm betting this will have

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

• Wow this is a stupid change; The former change at least. Combining staggers made the game fun.

3602p1rdodnf.gif

I don't mind the Force powers connecting from behind difference, but I can already tell it's going to be just as vapid as before. Going to be even easier to separate Jedi due to dark side mobility. Palpatine, Boba, Maul. DS has always had mobility, but before it didn't have as much of an impact as I'm betting this will have

Agreed. Removal of stagger is a little disappointing.
  • Wow this is a stupid change; The former change at least. Combining staggers made the game fun.

3602p1rdodnf.gif

Agreed. Removal of stagger is a little disappointing.

Was one of the most fun things to do, and it takes proper timing so it's not an unskilled mechanic 😥

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

• DiamondxStyles
    889 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Hmm, I feel like Rey's turnrate stopping mind trick just got a pretty substantial buff though. She's finally an "ambush" character

Except she's going to be the "bait" that sets the ambush 😂 with Anakin pulling the team from behind

The Hero With No Fear.

• Oh my, why? I was testing a few things recently and I was surprised by how the game felt more fluid and better since they reverted the lightsaber changes with connections recently.

Now this update will come and ruin things once again, like it has been with the history of this game from the very beginning.

I don't mind force powers not being blockable from behind. I mind almost 2 years of them not being, to suddenly become unblockable from behind, and come with a ton of bugs like major changes usually come with.

Coming from Guillaume, the same dev who said Palpatine was fixed more then a year ago regarding a small glitch, for us to discover in the day the patch went out that his chain lightning wasn't working at all, anything is possible.

If they manage to apply this properly, with the powers from the front truly being fully blockable, and dodges not getting any nerfs when used to avoid enemy powers, then I can see this change being a good one. But I hardly believe they'll manage this.

And I was really considering coming back to this game after I saw how fluid gameplay was in my recent tests. Rubberbanding felt almost nonexistant, and that's a first since Patch 1.2 on February 2018
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    Oh my, why? I was testing a few things recently and I was surprised by how the game felt more fluid and better since they reverted the lightsaber changes with connections recently.

Now this update will come and ruin things once again, like it has been with the history of this game from the very beginning.

I don't mind force powers not being blockable from behind. I mind almost 2 years of them not being, to suddenly become unblockable from behind, and come with a ton of bugs like major changes usually come with.

Coming from Guillaume, the same dev who said Palpatine was fixed more then a year ago regarding a small glitch, for us to discover in the day the patch went out that his chain lightning wasn't working at all, anything is possible.

If they manage to apply this properly, with the powers from the front truly being fully blockable, and dodges not getting any nerfs when used to avoid enemy powers, then I can see this change being a good one. But I hardly believe they'll manage this.

And I was really considering coming back to this game after I saw how fluid gameplay was in my recent tests. Rubberbanding felt almost nonexistant, and that's a first since Patch 1.2 on February 2018

They will probably break the game this time.
  • BobaisBroken
    67 posts Member
    edited October 10
    I literally was just thinking about how to get past block.
    This sounds like an amazing tweak. Super excited, and you all should be more appreciative. Bugs will happen they will fix then cycle repeat.
  • It only took 2 years
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Another big change to lightsaber combat?
    kkjwjvavwchr.jpg
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • Did he say playtest?!?!
  • I literally was just thinking about how to get past block.
    This sounds like an amazing tweak. Super excited, and you all should be more appreciative. Bugs will happen they will fix then cycle repeat.

Fix? Tell that to the many Day 1 BUGs never solved. And also to some game breaking bugs that have been in the game for more then a year.

By the history of how horrible most if not all major changes to lightsaber combat went, couldn't agree more with this:
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Another big change to lightsaber combat?
    kkjwjvavwchr.jpg

It's also surprising an account named BobaisBroken (which he is) is calling for the appreciation of devs' work.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Just played a match were I was killed every time because of my block being trepassed by force attacks like Luke's push or Anakin's pull. If this is how it is gonna work I'll pass
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • I like this change new tactics will come along with it but I will miss Kylos freeze through block so I guess its time to spam Kylo until this new update drops.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000