criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

A neat fix for Vader’s lack of damage reduction

A simple change, but a useful one. Allow Vader to block while using choke. It will make it more viable in GA while still allowing LS heroes to punish him for a bad usage. It would be far more realistic than seeing 100 blaster bolts fly at him and he doesn’t even have a scratch, like if he had the silly damage reduction.
PSN: this_old_mouse

Replies

• Give up. Nobody agrees.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member
    I agree.
  • I'd be down for this
  • this_old_mouse
    1282 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Give up. Nobody agrees.
    ?
    I’m suggesting a buff for once, if you weren’t so blinded by hatred of me you would have noticed
    Also 3 people have agreed with me so far lol
  • I agree.

Now that blocking won’t have CC immunity from all angles, this would be healthy.
  • I should add; I would only support this if he lost CC immunity.
  • Yep. 👍
  • I agree - it's the way it should have been from the beginning - choke with one hand, block with the other - then his blocking stamina would come into play - it would be great
  • That's how it was in BF2015. That's how it should be now.
  • A simple change, but a useful one. Allow Vader to block while using choke. It will make it more viable in GA while still allowing LS heroes to punish him for a bad usage. It would be far more realistic than seeing 100 blaster bolts fly at him and he doesn’t even have a scratch, like if he had the silly damage reduction.

I agree that he should be able to block blaster fire and force abilities from the front. Also that Choke is dodgeable now, I think it should have a reduced cool down.
  • BlueBox5 wrote: »
    A simple change, but a useful one. Allow Vader to block while using choke. It will make it more viable in GA while still allowing LS heroes to punish him for a bad usage. It would be far more realistic than seeing 100 blaster bolts fly at him and he doesn’t even have a scratch, like if he had the silly damage reduction.

I agree that he should be able to block blaster fire and force abilities from the front. Also that Choke is dodgeable now, I think it should have a reduced cool down.
    No to that last part

No to that last part

I say yes. It’s one of, if not the longest ability cool downs in the game (except Retribution). It’s his only Area Of Effect ability.

BlueBox5 wrote: »

No to that last part

I say yes. It’s one of, if not the longest ability cool downs in the game (except Retribution). It’s his only Area Of Effect ability.
    It’s also one of, if not the most powerful abilities in the game. If any hero is caught in it and you have a few blasters nearby, that’s a dead hero.

• Same goes for Anakin’s Retribution or if you have Jedi teammates when an enemy is Mind Controller by Obi-Wan.
    Same goes for Anakin’s Retribution or if you have Jedi teammates when an enemy is Mind Controller by Obi-Wan.
    Well yeah, retribution is choke except better in every way besides the cooldown.

Same goes for Anakin’s Retribution or if you have Jedi teammates when an enemy is Mind Controller by Obi-Wan.
    Well yeah, retribution is choke except better in every way besides the cooldown.

Worse in every way except aoe

Yea.

• this_old_mouse
    1282 posts Member
    edited October 11

Care to explain? The numbers don’t seem to add up…

• I'm ok with literally anything other than what they are planning on doing with the upcoming patch

Yeah they do. Choke combo 500 plus. With cards vaders choke does 262 damage choking 2 people & he gets it bsck in 25 seconds
  • awakespace
    1153 posts Member
    edited October 11

Yeah they do. Choke combo 500 plus. With cards vaders choke does 262 damage choking 2 people & he gets it bsck in 25 seconds

You could say Retribution comboed with Pull and Heroic Might is the more powerful combo; because it is both more reliable and it has a much better AOE - but Anakin can only pull it off every few minutes while Vader can do his twice per minute

You can combo too with Anakin ya know

How many times that happens?
  • Liz4rD
    1106 posts Member
    Old news here. Thats one of the options already proposed a long time ago.

Any option is better than making Vader a sitting duck and discouraging players to use one of his most iconic and useful abilities.
  • Vader was fine at launch. He will be fine now. You should be punished if you make bad plays. Next.
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    Vader was fine at launch. He will be fine now. You should be punished if you make bad plays. Next.

He had 55% damage reduction, an undodgeable choke so I'm sure he was fine at launch
  • Then they need to get rid of Obi-Wan's damage reduction as well. The only hero ability that makes sense to have damage reduction is Anakin's Heroic might ability. End of story...imo
    Vader was fine at launch. He will be fine now. You should be punished if you make bad plays. Next.

People weren't able to dodge his choke at launch. Next.
    I agree with you. But no one else on the forum does, so I’m trying to negotiate an option that still allows for punish but won’t make him “useless” in GA.

How many times that happens?

It still can happen.

Anakin can use Retribution which does 200 damage or more, then Pull which does damage, then Heroic Might that does damage and if he uses ‘Massive Strikes’, he can land 2 hits in which do 300 damage. So that’s say 200+80+140(Raw Strength)+300 = 720 damage to an enemy Villain.
  • CC_1010
    2151 posts Member

Anakin can use Retribution which does 200 damage or more, then Pull which does damage, then Heroic Might that does damage and if he uses ‘Massive Strikes’, he can land 2 hits in which do 300 damage. So that’s say 200+80+140(Raw Strength)+300 = 720 damage to an enemy Villain.
    lol retribution
  • Atreus213
    553 posts Member
    edited October 14
    Anakin and his toolkit was the worst thing to happen to this game lol. How bout we stop trying to make more characters like him and address that issue seperately.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • A simple change, but a useful one. Allow Vader to block while using choke. It will make it more viable in GA while still allowing LS heroes to punish him for a bad usage. It would be far more realistic than seeing 100 blaster bolts fly at him and he doesn’t even have a scratch, like if he had the silly damage reduction.

I can live with this lol