criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Are they seriously buffing boba and nerfing vader?

Well i heard some where that they are nurfing vader and buffing boba's rocket damage. Shouldn't it be the other way around, i mean people have been asking for them buff for vader's choke, for like ever, and buffing boba's rocket damage!! No thank you, boba should be getting a nerf and vader a buff. What are people thinking, i've seen people asking for a buff to vader's choke in like, hundreds of posts and i've also seen a few posts about nerfing boba's rocket damage, so why are they doing the exact opposite?

Replies

• They’re nerfing Barrage.
  • Vader's choke is the last thing that needs to be buffed, and could use nerfs more than anything, except in terms of Trooper damage which should be buffed

I am Darth Vader, he said within himself.

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

He had become, finally, what they had all called him:

The Hero With No Fear.

• They’re nerfing Barrage.

I thought they were buffing it, cause that's what i heard. What i read is that they are giving barrage an extra damage increase, if the enemy is in a certain area of effect, and vader, i don't know what they're nerfing.
  • Vader's choke is the last thing that needs to be buffed, and could use nerfs more than anything, except in terms of Trooper damage which should be buffed

Yeah, that's what i'm saying. Choke literally does almost no damage to troopers, it may be annoying against vader in HvV, but in GA it is just a good way to get yourself killed, especially since the choke ability takes so long and does so little damage to troopers.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Vader's choke is the last thing that needs to be buffed, and could use nerfs more than anything, except in terms of Trooper damage which should be buffed

Yeah, that's what i'm saying. Choke literally does almost no damage to troopers, it may be annoying against vader in HvV, but in GA it is just a good way to get yourself killed, especially since the choke ability takes so long and does so little damage to troopers.

Agreed. I wrote a topic on Vader's choke buffs for GA. Be nice to see it oneshot even heavies. But otherwise nerfed in terms of Hero damage

The dragon tried again to whisper of failure, and weakness, and inevitable death, but with one hand he caught it, crushed away it’s voice; It tried to rise then, to strike

But the Sith Lord laid his other hand upon it and broke its power with a single effortless twist

I am Darth Vader, he repeated as he ground the dragon’s corpse to dust beneath his mental heel. And you- You are nothing at all.

The Hero With No Fear.

Vader's choke is the last thing that needs to be buffed, and could use nerfs more than anything, except in terms of Trooper damage which should be buffed

Agreed. I wrote a topic on Vader's choke buffs for GA. Be nice to see it oneshot even heavies. But otherwise nerfed in terms of Hero damage

Agreed, and that's what i'm saying. I've seen a lot more posts about buffing choke instead of nerfing it, so why are they doing the opposite, that is the question.
    They’re nerfing Barrage.

I thought they were buffing it, cause that's what i heard. What i read is that they are giving barrage an extra damage increase, if the enemy is in a certain area of effect, and vader, i don't know what they're nerfing.

Intense Barrage is being tweaked. It will no longer give 4 extra rockets (technically 3). It will now reduce the cooldown of the next Barrage if the current Barrage deals 500+ damage.

Anti-Hero Rockets are being tweaked so that the bonus damage only applies to the inner radius.

Nerfs all around.
  • DiamondxStyles
    889 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Agreed, and that's what i'm saying. I've seen a lot more posts about buffing choke instead of nerfing it, so why are they doing the opposite, that is the question.

Why did they turn a powerful Jedi Knight like Yoda that only needed a few tweaks in specific areas into the Furious Kermit by nerfing the wrong things entirely?

The answer to this mythical question is sitting right here, below:
    🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The Hero With No Fear.

Why did they turn a powerful Jedi Knight like Yoda that only needed a few tweaks in specific areas into the Furious Kermit by nerfing the wrong things entirely?

The answer to this mythical question is sitting right here, below:
    🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Kermit🤣🤣🤣
    They’re nerfing Barrage.

Intense Barrage is being tweaked. It will no longer give 4 extra rockets (technically 3). It will now reduce the cooldown of the next Barrage if the current Barrage deals 500+ damage.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. I've not seen anything regarding the number of rockets being nerfed, only that it will have increased cool down if you deal more than 500 damage. The only purpose of the card is to increase the number of rockets fired. If the dev team eliminated the additional rockets AND added an increased cool down, no one would use the card. All penalty, no reward.

Think about it this way: GG has a card that increases his damage output, but the balance is that it decreases his stamina. If the dev team wanted to further "balance" it by removing the damage output buff AND increasing the stamina penalty, would you use it?
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    They’re nerfing Barrage.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. I've not seen anything regarding the number of rockets being nerfed, only that it will have increased cool down if you deal more than 500 damage. The only purpose of the card is to increase the number of rockets fired. If the dev team eliminated the additional rockets AND added an increased cool down, no one would use the card. All penalty, no reward.

Think about it this way: GG has a card that increases his damage output, but the balance is that it decreases his stamina. If the dev team wanted to further "balance" it by removing the damage output buff AND increasing the stamina penalty, would you use it?

That’s what the patch notes stated.

Intense won’t increase the rockets shot in each salvo. Instead, the card will give you a shorter cooldown for the next Barrage, if you meet a requirement (500 damage).

The whole point of the Boba nerfs was to reduce the damage of Barrage - removing the bonus rockets from Intense was an easy way for them to do this.

• SadderJoker
    443 posts Member
    edited October 11
    n9v0qhu8h5n7.png

7ad8rxxq7qge.png

He’ll be shooting five rockets.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Make Vader's choke kill infantry and reduce it's cooldown
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • grimmace2
    1242 posts Member
    edited October 11
    n9v0qhu8h5n7.png

7ad8rxxq7qge.png

He’ll be shooting five rockets.

Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it. Would be nice if the dev team could respond here, on the OFFICIAL FORUMS, with this info. I'm glad the community is looking out for each other.

That being said, Boba's Triple Rocket kill is the last milestone I need to achieve, wondering how I'm ever going to get it at this point after all the nerfs. Hopefully they buff the damage output of the individual rockets (I think it's 75 per right now). If not, the card will still be useless, as 5x75 = 375. No way you're getting 500 to initiate the shorter cool down. Most likely going to have to wait until we get an OT Coop map. Grrrrrr.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Make Vader's choke kill infantry and reduce it's cooldown
    It can kill infantry

PSN: this_old_mouse
    It can kill infantry

He means from full health - it does less than 150 damage
  • I can't believe this.........WTF....,.who's requesting these constant Nerfs or Buffs ffs?????? This is insane......

Scrap the whole game,......... Just make a better one. FML.

Ever notice how rare Finn is used??????? Wonder why??????

Ever notice how if all players are equally good the Dark side will win Every Time...........leave the Dark side. Buff the light then call it a day. Add an Air character to match Bobba...

Vader isn't OP. He's Slow.......that's the trade off. Hans gun is powerful but slow. Landos gun is fast but less powerful. Leias gun has secondary fire but slow and not accurate. Luke has speed but less power. Christ every character has different strength and weakenssess. Deal with it......the important thing is to be aware of each character strength and weakness and put your team together based on map and strategy............but we cant do this coz we cant communicate with eachother........so its a random ***** where noobs pick the aggressice characters and run away. .

This game is a joke
    It can kill infantry

I have never killed any infantry with Vader's choke, it only gives like, 30% damage or so, and that sucks.
  • SASLoner wrote: »
    I can't believe this.........WTF....,.who's requesting these constant Nerfs or Buffs ffs?????? This is insane......

Scrap the whole game,......... Just make a better one. FML.

Ever notice how rare Finn is used??????? Wonder why??????

Ever notice how if all players are equally good the Dark side will win Every Time...........leave the Dark side. Buff the light then call it a day. Add an Air character to match Bobba...

Vader isn't OP. He's Slow.......that's the trade off. Hans gun is powerful but slow. Landos gun is fast but less powerful. Leias gun has secondary fire but slow and not accurate. Luke has speed but less power. Christ every character has different strength and weakenssess. Deal with it......the important thing is to be aware of each character strength and weakness and put your team together based on map and strategy............but we cant do this coz we cant communicate with eachother........so its a random ***** where noobs pick the aggressice characters and run away. .

This game is a joke
    What does REY have?

PSN: this_old_mouse

• This game is a joke [/quote]
    What does REY have?

[/quote]

Rey Is Awesome and Deadly in the right hands, If you know how to use her Mind trick. All other characters can be Blocked and Countered, but Mind Trick will Ferk you Up everytime if you know how to take full advantage of it. Same with Dark Side using Palp's Vader, Ren.

I didn't miss her off the list. I didn't really mean to add all the other characters. Notice I didn't mention Yoda or Chewy either. I wasn't specifically mentioning the Light Side on purpose.

It was a General point about the Constant Nerfing or Buffing. This is Truly Ridiculous...........Patches and Updates and changes to character power ups...............Bugs, Glitches, can't walk over a Rock or past a table without getting stuck. all the time and effort has gone into pretty clothing and scenery. Gameplay is an afterthought.

Also, ANY Hero or Villain needs to One Shot Infantry either pistol or Saber.

This game isn't for Kids people. It's Simulating Murder, Killing, Guns and Lightsabers. You keep altering the game for whom exactly? Kids complaining it's Too Hard???????????????? THEY SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING IT. It should be cert 15!!!

This game would be Amazing with Team Chat. Large Squads of 8 players could go against other squads of 8 players in GA. It would be Awesome.

I want this to be like Battlefeld 4. I clearly want to much! :(

• EA_Rtas
    1424 posts EA Moderator
    Hey folks, just edited a couple comments here, if you're going to post large screenshots please place them in spoiler tags just to make it easier for people viewing the forum.
  • JediJulius
    629 posts Member
    edited October 11
    Deleted.
    Post edited by JediJulius on
  • SASLoner
    75 posts Member
    edited October 11

This game is a joke [/quote]

Finn: Can give entire chunks of the team 50% damage reduction, 120 bonus health, unlimited blaster heat, and faster cooldowns along with a stealth ability, a temporary aimbot ability, and cards to increase the effectiveness of his team buff. Sure sounds underpowered to me! (sarcasm). A lot of people sleep on Finn for not having a knockdown or for having a slightly awkward gun, but his support is unrivaled to the point that they had to nerf how it interacts with Yoda's health buff.

Just saying.[/quote]

Jus sayin back at ya. Yeah i use finn a lot. For exactly what you point out above. Buuuuut. If the other 3 on your HvV don't know that, can't see the potential in Sticking Close coz you can't talk to the dumb bastuards, then it's for naught and you find yourself at the back of the class.

You have the potential to dodge or evade and attack as Luke, for instance, even if 3 or 4 Vill's come at you. You can't do that with Fin, Leia, Han or Lando. you're screwed.

Finn is ace at Support. Remarkable even, but only if your Team is aware of it and know how to Capitalise on his presence.
  • ymcy5qcl7jhc.gif
    Make Vader Great Again...

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84