criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Co-op enemy player bug

I saw it mentioned on here but I witnessed it myself today when there was someone on the opposing team on Co-op. We had 3 on our team and the person on the enemy team just got enough points to become heroes from killing our AI and just kept using the massive waves of their own AI to stop us from capping the control point. I'm fine with pvp, but not in co-op where it's not supposed to happen.

Replies

• You sure it wasn’t an AI hero?
  • Chico
    677 posts Member
    It's definitely a thing. I ended up as the one vs 3 recently. Was great fun using GG vs their heroes. I killed the same guys Ani 3 times, must have been really annoying for him.
  • Yeah, i'm sure. He has a player's name and he was using costumes for both Grievous and Dooku as well as showing up on the leaderboard.
  • Yeah, I got glitched onto the opposing team at one point as well... It was fun though. I think they should make it to where 3 on one team and 1 on the other. It's a good challenge. Although, I think it only happens if a person lags at the perfect time to where the game disconnects them for a millisecond, then reconnects them, but due to general game design, tries to balance the team's by adding you to opposite side. I may be wrong though...
  • the thing I discovered is that as 'the enemy' you gain BP at an incredibly accelerated rate--just a few kills gives enough for a hero. So you can basically spawn as a hero almost every time, which is fun--also because the other players arent expecting to face a human
  • You sure it wasn’t an AI hero?

AI heroes have the hero's name and a long, thin health bar, while a player hero looks just like a player hero in HvV or any other mode, player's name with a short health bar and white stamina bar underneath. It's very easy to tell.

And since both the proper side is down a player and the AI spawns are balanced for no player assistance, it usually isn't much fun for the people who just wanted a regular co-op game. In my experience if the switched player actually tries they'll almost always destroy the regular team at the first checkpoint.

That being said, a combined sort of combined co-op/versus mode where there's two teams who can spawn in co-op maps but against each other and with the AI waves and timer properly balanced for players on both sides would rule extremely hard.
  • I had this glitch happen for the first time on Felucia the other day. It was me spawning on the Droid team against three players. Actually, I quite enjoyed this change-up. I'm sure the other players weren't thrilled when I descended with Grievous upon them. They didn't make it past the first capture point.
  • This should be a feature. I like it
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • I had it happen 3 times last night. I won all.... kinda feel bad cause they weren't expecting me to be on the ai team. Anyway I was booted out of coop when my internet reset. I went to matchmaker and it put me right back in as the ai for the same team I was previously on. I think it should be a separate feature but the glitch NEEDS TO BE FIXED Khaosvfl14 on Xbox1X add me need friends
  • I've seen it, and been the 'victim' of it and I have to admit it's quite a refreshing change.

pH
  • M3lgo
    50 posts Member
    edited January 24
    DarthLando wrote: »
    This should be a feature. I like it

Why not, but in this case the enemy waves must be nerfed if a human player is on the enemy team.

I consider myself a veteran and decent player on this game and when playing Coop, it's not rare to team up with rookies who are reluctant to engage in the danger zone and begin the capture. I don't blame them, I probably did that myself when I started. Despite all my efforts to carry my team, it's not always enough especialy if there are AI heroes in the middle of the enemy wave. A human player in the enemy team is easily the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Everytime I encountered this bug and have to face a human player my team lost the match (never been the "traitor" player myself :D )
  • M3lgo wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    This should be a feature. I like it

Why not, but in this case the enemy waves must be nerfed if a human player is on the enemy team.

I consider myself a veteran and decent player on this game and when playing Coop, it's not rare to team up with rookies who are reluctant to engage in the danger zone and begin the capture. I don't blame them, I probably did that myself when I started. Despite all my efforts to carry my team, it's not always enough especialy if there are AI heroes in the middle of the enemy wave. A human player in the enemy team is easily the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Everytime I encountered this bug and have to face a human player my team lost the match (never been the "traitor" player myself :D )

It only occurs when you stick around for the next match after a previous coop one ends. I've even had a 'co-op' which was 2v2 humans
  • I’ve seen 3v1 and 2v2 like Sniffy says.

It’s nearly impossible to win against the glitch case, even if the glitch team is bad. I think I killed one poor guy 45 times through the course of a Jakku play through (as FO), but we still lost.

It’s harder because the opposing AI gets special reinforcements (where friendly is limited to basic types). It also seems like the opposing AI is “harder” when there is a glitched player, but might be just that it seems that way.

I don’t mind that people like the glitch... But if you want that to happen, Dice would need to make a “Co-op” versus mode and leave co-op as it is, pure pve.
  • Honestly, I would love to have this bug added as a new game mode. Call it Traitor, or something.
  • Good new guys, this bug is *not* fixed!
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    Good new guys, this bug is *not* fixed!

Can confirm, happened to me yesterday.
    PSN: SarcasticEditor