criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

That thing with the hope.

Replies

• ROMG4
    5323 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    I am not even hating on the character

I'm hating on the cult that has sprung up!

Which would be further evidence of her popularity. And it's hardly a "cult" following. They even did Ahsoka panels at Celebration. Her fan base is probably as large if not larger than most movie characters.

I'm not talking about the normal fanbase people like 2000sguy, me, AzelfandQuilava, are not bad in the slightest. The CW show is not the problem, the fans are not the problem, I want everyone to like what they want I have no desire to change that

I'm talking about people like Ashoka_Tano and the rest that do nothing but jam Ashoka down everyone's throats until they explode like balloons! Seriously outside of Ooi I haven't even seen most of the ashoka supporters in this thread talk about any other topic here on the forums lately

Everything goes back to Ashoka and if its not a natural connection

They make one. Again its very, very, frustrating and annoying after T W O bloody years
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • I want to see what DICE does for a dual wield light saber hero as much as anything.

I got Disney Infinity 3.0 when they announced it was Star Wars and I found out Ninja Theory was doing the combat system. Ninja Theory did some great stuff with all the heroes. They gave them combo moves, special powers, and finishers. What they did for Ahsoka was unreal, and she turned out to be my favorite.

If I had to list my favorites from Disney Infinity 3.0:
    1. Ahsoka Tano
    2. Darth Maul
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Chewy
    7. Sabine Wren
    8. Obi-Wan
    9. Rey
    10. Kanan Jarrus
    11. Han Solo
  • I want to see what DICE does for a dual wield light saber hero as much as anything.

I got Disney Infinity 3.0 when they announced it was Star Wars and I found out Ninja Theory was doing the combat system. Ninja Theory did some great stuff with all the heroes. They gave them combo moves, special powers, and finishers. What they did for Ahsoka was unreal, and she turned out to be my favorite.

1. Ahsoka Tano
    2. Darth Maul
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Chewy
    7. Sabine Wren
    8. Obi-Wan
    9. Rey
    10. Kanan Jarrus
    11. Han Solo

Oh yeah Disney infinity 3.0, great Star Wars playsets. Im gonna play them next month too. Ahsoka all the way. Still need to get Sabine though. Its a fun Game.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

I would hardly call the Ahsoka fans a cult. I can only think of a single subset of Star Wars fans who I would call a cult, and those are the Rey-Kylo shippers, the Reylo's. Some of that fanbase is downright rabid, outright attacking anybody who disagrees with them.
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member

Which would be further evidence of her popularity. And it's hardly a "cult" following. They even did Ahsoka panels at Celebration. Her fan base is probably as large if not larger than most movie characters.

I'm not talking about the normal fanbase people like 2000sguy, me, AzelfandQuilava, are not bad in the slightest. The CW show is not the problem, the fans are not the problem, I want everyone to like what they want I have no desire to change that

I'm talking about people like Ashoka_Tano and the rest that do nothing but jam Ashoka down everyone's throats until they explode like balloons! Seriously outside of Ooi I haven't even seen most of the ashoka supporters in this thread talk about any other topic here on the forums lately

They make one. Again its very, very, frustrating and annoying after T W O bloody years
    I'm also tired of OT being shoved down my throat by OT shills but you don't see me complaining.

Well you don't have to worry about that

Anymore
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending

I would hardly call the Ahsoka fans a cult. I can only think of a single subset of Star Wars fans who I would call a cult, and those are the Rey-Kylo shippers, the Reylo's. Some of that fanbase is downright rabid, outright attacking anybody who disagrees with them.

I’ve seen some videos of them. Holy cow
  • Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    The silence says it all.

Its been almost one year since Some_Info on Reddit postet that DICE is working on Ahsoka since then they never denied her addition fast and directly like they did with Saber Palpatine, Jango and other things instead they dropped hints and teases like they did for past content. Read the whole Text to understand why its not a question of "if" but a question of "when".

Next they just came up with vague comments like We didnt get to female heroes or Voicelines are created just in case. All that in many month after the famous leak and some teases and hints in like November/December when the hype proved to be long lasting and Players were pushing for her arrival. They did something similiar before the release of Droidekas (calling the famous picture it was "enviromental clutter" if i remember right) and Clone Commandos instead of adressing that leak saying something like "No plans for Ahsoka". It also is not acceptable justifiable that BB8 and BB 9E are considered Heroes and get added while a more requested and expected Ahsoka doesn't.

Before i get to the hint list:

First, if you are interested in Ahsoka being added to the Game as hero or even better are very sure that you want her in the Game, make sure to share your interest/wish with the Developers on twitter, the forum and the monthly Community surveys.

Also, if y'all are interested in how I think Ahsoka could look/work, here is a Link to my Heroconcept for her and Sabine Wren. Feel free to take a look.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/145444/sabine-ahsoka-a-new-heroconcept-feat-why-they-should-be-added#latest

Second, of course there is no prove until we see a Roadmap with her in it but there are experiences on how previous content was teased/hinted towards so one can speculate about certain posts. I mean Guillaume Mroz posted a picture showing a BB8 and a BB9E Cookies he backed with his family stating that "Some friendly droids visited for pepper-whatever it was called" and guess who got announced as a upcoming hero for january 2020 later.

In the past heros like Anakin and Obi-Wan got teased by twitter banners and Christian johannessen and guillaume mroz, trooper and hero Designer at BF2 have Ahsoka related banners Christian as trooper designer her fulcrum logo from Rebels the guillaume as hero designer the 1v1 fight between vader and ahsoka also seen in Rebels.

Grievous has voicelines in his files datamined talking to Ahsoka and Padme, dooku mentions asajj ventress in Game indirectly, who is a possible counter to Ahsoka. Anakin says "Ahsoka" directly when you play on felucia in his general Skywalker skin in both coop and instant Action at least, by saying translated from german: "It doesn't make sense to make a list if Ahsoka isn't here." Also if you play as Obi-Wan you might hear him saying: "That would have been a good Training for some of the padawans." which is a reference to the Geonosis arc in star Wars the Clone Wars starting with the Episode "Landing at point rain" where Ahsoka and Barriss Offee meet each other for the first time and went on a mission to destroy the droid factory from the inside together without their masters.

Anakin and Dooku got released February this year and in February next year is their 1 year anniversary and Clone Wars season 7 Starts on Disney+ so it would make sense for DICE from a Business side to release their Padawan/Apprentice and in Ahsokas case one of the main characters of the Season and Major part of the reveal Trailer for the Season, alongside those events.

Dennis Bränvall, who rarely Tweets and if just important things as far as i know and is also franchise designer at ea retweetet an answer to a comment on twitter about Padme coming to bf2 from Catherine Taber, the voice actor of Padme in CW, stating she would be so there shes just waiting for the holocall from ea, commented with "You call this a diplomatic solution?".

Ahsoka and Padme are friends in CW thus it would make sense to add them close together. Grievous talks to both in his datamined files. The devs said there will be a slow Transition away from Clone Wars content, Padme is also in the PT so technically not just CW, so is Ahsoka who is in CW and Star Wars Rebels.

The long awaited CW season 7 comes february next year on Disney Plus. Famous leaker in reddit some_info wrote in february this year she is being worked on. Dice lead animator Mr. Newman (i forgot bis first name) said in an Interview at gamescom i think after the reveal of clone commandos he is working on something big but is not allowed to say more and as far as i know he also made animations for lightsaber Heros. CW Season 7 was originally planned to be released in November 2019 so the Devs needed to finish her for the November Update if they planned a tie-in, which they most likely did, but it got delayed to February 2020. And so may also did her Release.

There hasn't been a Hero announced since Anakin in like February this year, that's 8 month right now. From my experience an announcement came after 6 month and after 8 month the release that's how it was with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Grievous at least. That could mean they work either on something big or something more complicated than them, Ahsoka and her possible counter Ventress as well as Sabine and Thrawn and Padme and like Aurra Sing fit at least in the "more complicated than usual" category, if not also in the "big thing" category if they are announced together.

Some Devs are Ahsoka Fans too like many people who have seen CW including me so they would waste a giant popularity gain opportunity i they wouldn't add her. Obi-Wan and Anakin are in the game and there are those subtle hints for Padme and Ahsoka who would complete the holy Prequel/Clone Wars Quartett.

Dev retweetet a post on Twitter of the Her Universe Shop for Ahsoka Tano Merchandise. Her Universe is basically a Shop for Clothes and Stuff all about Star Wars founded by the voice of Ahsoka Tano in Star Wars The Clone Wars: Ashley Eckstein

Dev postet a gif of the fight between Vader and Ahsoka on twitter to someone who asked for everyones favorite starwars moment this decade (2010-2020).

All things considered there shouldn't be any doubt left that she will arrive.

Great post..... i too hope they add her. I've been a fan of the clone wars since the beginning and she is my favorite character... like you said she would be perfect to add with anakin and obi-wan.... plus her clone troopers look awesome and would be a great addition to the clone armor....
  • ZephanUnbound
    3650 posts Member
    edited January 22

Yeah, some of them are pretty sick. Some of them were apparently sending death threats to people who disagreed with them on reddit. Apparently some of them even sent death threats to Adam Driver's wife because they want Reylo to be a thing in real life with Daisy and Adam married to each other.

Yeah, some of them are pretty sick. Some of them were apparently sending death threats to people who disagreed with them on reddit. Apparently some of them even sent death threats to Adam Driver's wife because they want Reylo to be a thing in real life with Daisy and Adam married to each other.

Your kidding right? LOL!! Wow. Now there's a group of people that need to step outside and get some fresh air as often as possible...and leave the smartphone at home.
    I want to see what DICE does for a dual wield light saber hero as much as anything.

1. Ahsoka Tano
    2. Darth Maul
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Chewy
    7. Sabine Wren
    8. Obi-Wan
    9. Rey
    10. Kanan Jarrus
    11. Han Solo

Oh yeah Disney infinity 3.0, great Star Wars playsets. Im gonna play them next month too. Ahsoka all the way. Still need to get Sabine though. Its a fun Game.

Yeah it was surprisingly fun. The combat was on the level of Force Unleashed. I never played the previous entries. I spent a ridiculous amount of time building all kinds of levels with respawning enemies.

Sabine had some crazy combo moves and finishers. Some really cool stuff. That top 7 was the top tier for me and got the majority of play time. Add in Sam Flynn and Quorra from Tron and Mr Incredible to round out an overall top 10 for the entire game. Speaking of Tron, I built a massive Tron level too LOL!!

I'm also tired of OT being shoved down my throat by OT shills but you don't see me complaining.

Lololol
  • lowell
    2814 posts Member
    edited January 22

They were pleading Lucasfilm to bring Kylo back under the tweet that had the Season 7 poster, even though the ST and TCW are not related.

Others have said Disney reviving TCW with Season 7 is saving the franchise after the damage that has been made in the ST films.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • ZephanUnbound
    3650 posts Member
    edited January 22
    I want to see what DICE does for a dual wield light saber hero as much as anything.

1. Ahsoka Tano
    2. Darth Maul
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Chewy
    7. Sabine Wren
    8. Obi-Wan
    9. Rey
    10. Kanan Jarrus
    11. Han Solo

Is Disney Infinity 3.0 still playable offline? I heard they shut down the online servers for it a few years ago, but I'm not sure if the game has an offline mode. I might grab the starter pack on PS4 to play it if it is still playable offline, only $20 for the starter pack now.

1. Ahsoka Tano
    2. Darth Maul
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. Darth Vader
    6. Chewy
    7. Sabine Wren
    8. Obi-Wan
    9. Rey
    10. Kanan Jarrus
    11. Han Solo

Is Disney Infinity 3.0 still playable offline? I heard they shut down the online servers for it a few years ago, but I'm not sure if the game has an offline mode. I might grab the starter pack on PS4 to play it if it is still playable offline, only $20 for the starter pack now.

Yeah it's playable. I played it last fall on Force Friday or whatever it's called. The only thing that doesn't work that I'm aware of is creating text boxes in your toy box. They had an online word filter that would check your created text for offensive language since any level could be uploaded, and the target audience is kids. I haven't specifically tried to make a level since the servers shut down, but the text isn't supposed to work.

Other than that, any level you create or playset you buy should be playable. My levels were playable last fall.

But I thought people loved this sort of thing. You mean you don't enjoy me spamming AHSOKAAHSOKAAHSOKA on every thread I see?
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

I think the fact we are approaching the known window for Clone Wars Season 7 has it in high gear. Then they drop the trailer today.

I don't care because they generally aren't trying to start an argument like other topics that get drilled into the ground on here. There's some on here that you know when they start the same topic again, it's total bait. And my feeling about Ahsoka is she represents an opportunity for both PT and OT content, which I have been asking for. It makes sense with Rebels, Clone Wars, and Mandalorian bridging the gaps for them to lean into any content that can apply to both OT and PT. Cuts down on these arguments too.
  • They even have a B1 droid now on the Colossus in Resistance. With the battle droids appearing in season 3 of Rebels, that means an OOM-9 hero could actually apply to all 3 eras!!
  • When everyone is hoping for ahsoka, ventress, Mace Windu, Qui Gon, or basically anyone but BB8

Dice:
    fqyo8j62q4sy.jpg
    Be sure to unsubscribe & dislike as it helps out a lot:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnRouzdpRHBBptPtbzFekLA/videos?view_as=subscriber
  • moistboii wrote: »
    When everyone is hoping for ahsoka, ventress, Mace Windu, Qui Gon, or basically anyone but BB8

Hey man, I’ll GLADLY take BB-8 over Rose Tico.
    When everyone is hoping for ahsoka, ventress, Mace Windu, Qui Gon, or basically anyone but BB8

Preach

I forgot her but even then, her aling with the two balls are probably the 3 worst heroes you can possibly get lol
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnRouzdpRHBBptPtbzFekLA/videos?view_as=subscriber
    moistboii wrote: »

I forgot her but even then, her aling with the two balls are probably the 3 worst heroes you can possibly get lol

Bet?
    ijb1ff3zghkz.png
    moistboii wrote: »

Bet?
    ijb1ff3zghkz.png

I'd take this dude over those 3 but they're all pretty bad
  • I'd like Bret the Hitman Hart over Rose
  • lowell wrote: »
    Official poster for season 7:

the-clone-wars-final-season-poster-art-web.jpg

February 21st is the official release date, not the 17th!

Who are those two random gay looking woman behind Bo-katan???? are they Ahsoka's girl friends...... has the truth come out about Ahsoka??? I sure hope not, it would ruing the clone wars for me as it ruined TROS at the end for me.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • I'd like Bret the Hitman Hart over Rose

I’d take the alien doing the singing in episode six that gets close to the camera over Rose
  • Actually I’d take BOTH the aliens singing. The male and female
  • Actually I’d take BOTH the aliens singing. The male and female

How about Max Rebo over rose?? he'd play his music until it kills the ears of the other heroes and he wins over all!! :D
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Actually I’d take BOTH the aliens singing. The male and female

How about Max Rebo over rose?? he'd play his music until it kills the ears of the other heroes and he wins over all!! :D

Is that the blue elephant? Then yes
    Actually I’d take BOTH the aliens singing. The male and female

Is that the blue elephant? Then yes

Yes, yes it is. ;):D
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • lowell
    2814 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    lowell wrote: »

Who are those two random gay looking woman behind Bo-katan???? are they Ahsoka's girl friends...... has the truth come out about Ahsoka??? I sure hope not, it would ruing the clone wars for me as it ruined TROS at the end for me.

Nope, that's just your judgment before finding out who they actually are. These are the Martez sisters that Ahsoka find as friends when she goes out on her own into the Coruscant Underworld after leaving the Order. The three end up getting into trouble with the Pykes that were formerly part of Maul's Shadow Collective, killed Syfo-Dyas, and owned the spice mines on Kessel.

Nope, that's just your judgment before finding out who they actually are. These are the Martez sisters that Ahsoka find as friends when she goes out on her own into the Coruscant Underworld after leaving the Order. The three end up getting into trouble with the Pykes that were formerly part of Maul's Shadow Collective, killed Syfo-Dyas, and owned the spice mines on Kessel.
    Oh i see.

rcar0gljuaad.png

Oh i see.

Whoops i just coded that somehow.
    rcar0gljuaad.png

Yeah I don't think we should read too much into this. I think he switched out the guy that was to be her "love interest" because they aren't doing any more seasons to develop it past this arc like they did her and Lux Bonteri. And of course we have an established timeline where she isn't pursuing that kind of relationship. She is more concerned with the Rebellion and a deeper connection with the force.
  • lowell
    2814 posts Member

Yeah I don't think we should read too much into this. I think he switched out the guy that was to be her "love interest" because they aren't doing any more seasons to develop it past this arc like they did her and Lux Bonteri. And of course we have an established timeline where she isn't pursuing that kind of relationship. She is more concerned with the Rebellion and a deeper connection with the force.

Not all characters have to be focused on love and we already have Anakin/Padme, Obi-Wan/Satine, Ventress/Vos, etc.

The Lux stuff could be saved for the post-ROTJ Rebels sequel series if he survived the GCW since he actually shows up in the Inferno Squad novel.

Why would Ahsoka being gay ruin it for you? Who cares if shes gay. Besides they're probs just friends

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Ryu_Tano94
    366 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Imagine this 2020 Roadmap

Dec/Jan: ST Content Stuff we know

Feb-Apr: Clone Wars S7
    with Ahsoka&Ventress, Corouscant Underworld Map for GA, Clone Stuff (332nd, Galactic Marines, Paratroopers, CC Appearances), Magna Guards and CW Villain Skins

May-Aug: OT/Rebels/Rogue One
    with Jyn & Krennic, Scarif, Stormtrooper/Rebel Alliance Appearances, Sabine & Gar Saxon, OT Villain Skins & Reinforcements

Sep-Dec: Mandalorian/maybe OT or ST
    with The Mando & Moff Gideon and Stuff from Mando Season 2

Bugfixes/Tweaks on demand

Why would Ahsoka being gay ruin it for you? Who cares if shes gay. Besides they're probs just friends

It would just feel so tacked on. Like why? It doesn’t move the story, and gets in the way of her arc.
  • IXPrometheusXI
    2844 posts Member
    edited January 23
    Well since Maul is confirmed for TCW season 7 its time for a freaking maul skin

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

Imagine this 2020 Roadmap

Dec/Jan: ST Content Stuff we know

Feb-Apr: Clone Wars S7
    with Ahsoka&Ventress, Corouscant Underworld Map for GA, Clone Stuff (332nd, Galactic Marines, Paratroopers, CC Appearances), Magna Guards and CW Villain Skins

May-Aug: OT/Rebels/Rogue One
    with Jyn & Krennic, Scarif, Stormtrooper/Rebel Alliance Appearances, Sabine & Gar Saxon, OT Villain Skins & Reinforcements

Sep-Dec: Mandalorian/maybe OT or ST
    with The Mando & Moff Gideon and Stuff from Mando Season 2

Bugfixes/Tweaks on demand

Nice list, but I think any locations will be made for CS. Given that, if we got Coruscant, it would be a surface map with the Jedi Temple.

I think Clone Wars S7 will be February only drop and maybe a smaller drop for March.

OT era I think will take up a good 6 months or more, say from April to Oct:
    • Add Hoth, Endor, Yavin 4, Mos Eisley to CS
    • Add Hoth, Endor, Yavin 4, Mos Eisley, Death Star to Co-op.
    • New location for CS, Co-op, HvV, and Blast...likely from Rogue One
    • 2-4 new heroes
    • New reinforcements
    • New skins for both Empire and Rebels
    Basically, OT era is looking at the same kind of effort PT got last year. It will happen quicker, but it will still take a lot more than 4 months.

Mandalorian content could be timed in Nov and Dec for Season 2.
  • lowell
    2814 posts Member
    I don't understand why you guys think they are just suddenly going to reveal Ashoka and Ventress content for February out of the blue. Everytime they've made a content drop they announce it ahead of time, we knew about dooku and anakin months and months before they were released

DICE doesn't do things out of the blue, heck just hoping for a Palpatine skin with the last ST update is expecting too much

Honestly, they've been more secretive starting in November as Lucasfilm has been since 2015 (only collaborating with JJ Abrams and Bad Robot have allowed major leaks to happen, which came as true spoilers in the films).
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member
    I don't understand why you guys think they are just suddenly going to reveal Ashoka and Ventress content for February out of the blue. Everytime they've made a content drop they announce it ahead of time, we knew about dooku and anakin months and months before they were released

DICE doesn't do things out of the blue, heck just hoping for a Palpatine skin with the last ST update is expecting too much

Honestly, they've been more secretive starting in November as Lucasfilm has been since 2015 (only collaborating with JJ Abrams and Bad Robot have allowed major leaks to happen, which came as true spoilers in the films).

But why? Why would they choose to hide this content drop? This isn't a film spoiler like Palpatine's appearance in Ep9 or Maul in solo would have been

We know full well that Ashoka is basically the entirety of the Final Season what with her plastered everywhere and there would be zero reason to even hide Ventress

There's no point in them being secretive or hiding about a Season 7 tie-in if they were going to release it next month or even in March
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • lowell
    2814 posts Member

But why? Why would they choose to hide this content drop? This isn't a film spoiler like Palpatine's appearance in Ep9 or Maul in solo would have been

We know full well that Ashoka is basically the entirety of the Final Season what with her plastered everywhere and there would be zero reason to even hide Ventress

There's no point in them being secretive or hiding about a Season 7 tie-in if they were going to release it next month or even in March

They didn't tell us the November update when it came to be a December Celebration Edition update before TROS. And the Celebration Edition still got leaked.

They probably want to starve our excitement until we get near the date of each monthly update or something and think Lucasfilm's strategy is an effective one they want to follow.
  • ROMG4
    5323 posts Member
    edited January 24

If they told everyone they were planning to release the celebration edition so early, then no one would have bought any crystals leading up to celebration edition's launch. And if they learned about the upgrade discount, plenty of people would have purchased BF2 base edition in order to get the discount if they cared about cosmetics.

This wasn't a secretive decision based on excitement, believe me the decision was very much based on keeping profits flowing

Which is a completely understandable and logical decision. Doesn't matter if the ultimate number of people that stopped buying crystals or people that bought base to get the discount were ultimately high or low when celebration was leaked. You don't go intentionally inviting profit loss

A free content drop is nothing like a paid premium edition
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

A OOM-9 Thread!

Episode 9's Ending
  • lowell
    2814 posts Member

If they told everyone they were planning to release the celebration edition so early, then no one would have bought any crystals leading up to celebration edition's launch. And if they learned about the upgrade discount, plenty of people would have purchased BF2 base edition in order to get the discount if they cared about cosmetics.

This wasn't a secretive decision based on excitement, believe me the decision was very much based on keeping profits flowing

Which is a completely understandable and logical decision. Doesn't matter if the ultimate number of people that stopped buying crystals or people that bought base to get the discount were ultimately high or low when celebration was leaked. You don't go intentionally inviting profit loss

I just think maybe they thought the Celebration Edition news release strategy was effective and doing with future content plans could also be good.

I do, however, ponder how much Ahsoka and Ventress could stir sales of this game. A lot of people online who don't have the game say they'll only buy it if they're coming.
  • lowell
    2814 posts Member

I just think maybe they thought the Celebration Edition news release strategy was effective and doing with future content plans could also be good.

I do, however, ponder how much Ahsoka and Ventress could stir sales of this game. A lot of people online who don't have the game say they'll only buy it if they're coming.

I've seen so many Ashoka and Ventress release predictions come and pass just in 2019 alone

I remember how they were totally supposed to come out by March or July 2019 because it was right after they finished Anakin. And than it was totally TCW's 10 year anniversary week, and then it was during Felucia

And those were just the major trending predictions. You guys are hyping yourselves up over something that has no proof of existing outside of circumstantial "well maybe", all you will do is ultimately disappoint yourselves all over again

Like you have the entire past year

We'll see what happens. But wondering how much the player base could just grow with the inclusion of Ahsoka due to all these speculations on social media and other outlets is something I want to find out about.
  • Now we have a upcoming Clone Wars Season confirmed with release date, 2 of 3 ARC that include her as important character, her as centerpiece if the official Poster and the demand for her skyrocketing even further with an official Trailer making the anticipation even higher. I really would be interested in seeing how many Person asked for Ahsoka in past Community surveys and how many will have done that in the january survey if its over.