criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ahsoka not coming? Boring Battlefront

Replies

• ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Rosario Dawson is angling for Disney to let her play live-action Ahsoka again, this time in a Mandalorian season 2 appearance:

A few years back she was asking Disney to let her play Ahsoka in a live-action movie, back when Disney was just starting to greenlight Star Wars Anthology film projects like Solo, before Solo flopped and killed the Anthology movies.

I certainly wouldn't complain if they used Rosario Dawson for live-action Ahsoka, but I do think they should give Ashley Eckstein a chance to audition first, if she is interested. Ashley may not have a ton of live-action experience compared to Rosario, but for many fans she is the voice of Ahsoka, and having somebody else play her would be weird for them. So I hope they give Ashley a chance if they ever do decide to give Ahsoka a live-action show or movie appearance.

There were also some rumors awhile back that Kevin Feige wants Disney to cast Brie Larson as live-action Ahsoka. I really hope they don't do that, I can't stand Brie.
  • I'd go a different route. Imo she doesn't fit the role or the look. I'd go into more detail but I don't care much for these hollywood people so I don't have an ideal actress for a live-action Ahsoka.
  • Rosario Dawson is angling for Disney to let her play live-action Ahsoka again, this time in a Mandalorian season 2 appearance:

A few years back she was asking Disney to let her play Ahsoka in a live-action movie, back when Disney was just starting to greenlight Star Wars Anthology film projects like Solo, before Solo flopped and killed the Anthology movies.

I certainly wouldn't complain if they used Rosario Dawson for live-action Ahsoka, but I do think they should give Ashley Eckstein a chance to audition first, if she is interested. Ashley may not have a ton of live-action experience compared to Rosario, but for many fans she is the voice of Ahsoka, and having somebody else play her would be weird for them. So I hope they give Ashley a chance if they ever do decide to give Ahsoka a live-action show or movie appearance.

There were also some rumors awhile back that Kevin Feige wants Disney to cast Brie Larson as live-action Ahsoka. I really hope they don't do that, I can't stand Brie.

Agreed i dont think Brie is good for the role. As for Dawson i dont know enough to judge her. Ashley would be the best choice for a Rebels Ahsoka or her voice in general. Overall i think a softer more sympatic face fits her character better. I would choose either Ashley Eckstein herself or Stefanie Joosten, maybe even both, Stefanie for Face and Motion Capture and Ashley for the voice to use both of their experiences to the fullest since Stefanie is known for Motion Capture and being the face of Quiet from Metal Gear Phantom Pain and Ashley is Voice Actress.
  • I'd go a different route. Imo she doesn't fit the role or the look. I'd go into more detail but I don't care much for these hollywood people so I don't have an ideal actress for a live-action Ahsoka.

Agreed, she just does not fit at all as Ahsoka
  • Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Rosario Dawson is angling for Disney to let her play live-action Ahsoka again, this time in a Mandalorian season 2 appearance:

Agreed i dont think Brie is good for the role. As for Dawson i dont know enough to judge her. Ashley would be the best choice for a Rebels Ahsoka or her voice in general. Overall i think a softer more sympatic face fits her character better. I would choose either Ashley Eckstein herself or Stefanie Joosten, maybe even both, Stefanie for Face and Motion Capture and Ashley for the voice to use both of their experiences to the fullest since Stefanie is known for Motion Capture and being the face of Quiet from Metal Gear Phantom Pain and Ashley is Voice Actress.

Phantom Pain... I've just maxed out bond with Quiet 😛
  • ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited January 13
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »

Brie is definitely a bad fit, hopefully that rumor was fake. As for Rosario Dawson, I've seen her in a few things, namely Men in Black 2 and the first 5 Marvel Netflix series, where she played Claire Temple. She's not a bad choice for Ahsoka in my opinion, for one thing she is a big sci-fi fan, grew up watching Star Wars and Star Trek, and she apparently took a particular liking to Ahsoka when she watched The Clone Wars. Being a huge fan of a character is definitely a good thing for an actor/actress who wants to play that character, just like we saw with Henry Cavill as Geralt in Netflix's The Witcher recently, he was a huge Geralt fan and it showed in the quality of his performance. For many Witcher fans Doug Cockle was the definitive voice of Geralt, just like Ashley is the definitive voice of Ahsoka for many Star Wars fans, but Henry's performance ended up being great, with many fans saying Henry's Geralt is as good as Doug Cockle's Geralt.

As for Ashley, she would definitely be a good pick for the voice alone, but I wonder if she could pull off a fully live-action performance when she mainly does voice acting. She also is a bit short for Adult Ahsoka, at only 5' 2". Adult Ahsoka is canonically 6'2", including the height of her horns, probably about 5'6" or 5' 7" minus the horns, which is close to Rosario's 5'7" height. Here is what Ashley looked like when she did a teen Ahsoka cosplay a few years ago:

120306041039-ashley-ahsoka-story-top.jpeg

Ahsoka is a character who makes pretty heavy usage of acrobatics in her fighting style, so getting an actress who is skilled in martial arts and gymnastics to play Ahsoka, and then dubbing Ahsley's voice over top, might be the best solution. That is how they did Darth Maul, martial artist Ray Park played him in episode 1 and Solo, and then they dubbed Peter Serafinowcz's voice over Ray Park in episode 1 and Sam Witwer's voice over Ray Park's in Solo.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

Brie is definitely a bad fit, hopefully that rumor was fake. As for Rosario Dawson, I've seen her in a few things, namely Men in Black 2 and the first 5 Marvel Netflix series, where she played Claire Temple. She's not a bad choice for Ahsoka in my opinion, for one thing she is a big sci-fi fan, grew up watching Star Wars and Star Trek, and she apparently took a particular liking to Ahsoka when she watched The Clone Wars. Being a huge fan of a character is definitely a good thing for an actor/actress who wants to play that character, just like we saw with Henry Cavill as Geralt in Netflix's The Witcher recently, he was a huge Geralt fan and it showed in the quality of his performance. For many Witcher fans Doug Cockle was the definitive voice of Geralt, just like Ashley is the definitive voice of Ahsoka for many Star Wars fans, but Henry's performance ended up being great, with many fans saying Henry's Geralt is as good as Doug Cockle's Geralt.

As for Ashley, she would definitely be a good pick for the voice alone, but I wonder if she could pull off a fully live-action performance when she mainly does voice acting. She also is a bit short for Adult Ahsoka, at only 5' 2". Adult Ahsoka is canonically 6'2", including the height of her horns, probably about 5'6" or 5' 7" minus the horns, which is close to Rosario's 5'7" height. Here is what Ashley looked like when she did a teen Ahsoka cosplay a few years ago:

120306041039-ashley-ahsoka-story-top.jpeg

Ahsoka is a character who makes pretty heavy usage of acrobatics in her fighting style, so getting an actress who is skilled in martial arts and gymnastics to play Ahsoka, and then dubbing Ahsley's voice over top, might be the best solution. That is how they did Darth Maul, martial artist Ray Park played him in episode 1 and Solo, and then they dubbed Peter Serafinowcz's voice over Ray Park in episode 1 and Sam Witwer's voice over Ray Park's in Solo.

I mean, I don't mind if they can get Ashley to motion capture Ahsoka. Since they've done it for Maz, Snoke, Tarkin, Leia, and Maul (for TCW Season 7), it might be the best way to get the best portrayal of her in live-action.

This is going to be part of the overall problem. An animated character this intensely followed by a part of the fan base will really struggle to make a positive crossover into the live action movies and series. Consequently that affects the validation.

I have enormous respect for Mr Lucas, the guy is a living genius .. but making Star Wars animated was the worst move George ever made.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    I'd go a different route. Imo she doesn't fit the role or the look. I'd go into more detail but I don't care much for these hollywood people so I don't have an ideal actress for a live-action Ahsoka.

This is going to be part of the overall problem. An animated character this intensely followed by a part of the fan base will really struggle to make a positive crossover into the live action movies and series. Consequently that affects the validation.

I have enormous respect for Mr Lucas, the guy is a living genius .. but making Star Wars animated was the worst move George ever made.

Not really, how come Saw Gerrera was able to transition from animation to live-action well in TCW, Rogue One, and Rebels, and recently, Jedi: Fallen Order?

Same thing for Maul, too, he basically got a second life when he returned in TCW, Rebels, and Solo. And fans have been enjoying his new arcs as much as they like Ahsoka.

Star Wars animation (and how its integrated with live-action and all other mediums) has worked out for most of the Star Wars community except for a certain minority here and there.

If TCW did badly, then George would've shut it down during its run at Cartoon Network and Disney wouldn't have commissioned Season 7 for Disney+.

The shows have also won awards, for example, TCW won Emmys and Rebels was nominated for Emmys, etc.
  • lowell wrote: »
    I'd go a different route. Imo she doesn't fit the role or the look. I'd go into more detail but I don't care much for these hollywood people so I don't have an ideal actress for a live-action Ahsoka.

Not really, how come Saw Gerrera was able to transition from animation to live-action well in TCW, Rogue One, and Rebels, and recently, Jedi: Fallen Order?

Same thing for Maul, too, he basically got a second life when he returned in TCW, Rebels, and Solo. And fans have been enjoying his new arcs as much as they like Ahsoka.

Star Wars animation (and how its integrated with live-action and all other mediums) has worked out for most of the Star Wars community except for a certain minority here and there.

If TCW did badly, then George would've shut it down during its run at Cartoon Network and Disney wouldn't have commissioned Season 7 for Disney+.

The shows have also won awards, for example, TCW won Emmys and Rebels was nominated for Emmys, etc.

Yea Saw is a good example of it working... I would argue though that he has/had nothing like the cult following Ashoka has.

Maul went the other way .. live to animation.. not as controversial.... but i would also add that his crow barred-plot move to bring him back to life was appalling.... almost laughable..

I don't have a huge amount of respect for awards.. so Emmy's and Emmy nominations aren't particularly relevant I don't think.

Oh no I know TCW didn't do badly... it has a very specific and loyal fan base.. which is great and it totally did its job from that point of view. it was just a rash decision made at the time to make it animation because no one else would commission it for George and he had to fund it himself and animation was the only way he could go... had he been a bit more patient the stories would have got commissioned and been made properly and we wouldn't have the distracting cartoon/live action debate.

I disagree, I believe motion capture would do perfectly. And making Star Wars animated was one of the best decisions made by Lucas

Boom, headshot
    PSN: DarthLando-

I disagree, I believe motion capture would do perfectly. And making Star Wars animated was one of the best decisions made by Lucas

I guess we all have our points of view
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

Yea Saw is a good example of it working... I would argue though that he has/had nothing like the cult following Ashoka has.

Maul went the other way .. live to animation.. not as controversial.... but i would also add that his crow barred-plot move to bring him back to life was appalling.... almost laughable..

I don't have a huge amount of respect for awards.. so Emmy's and Emmy nominations aren't particularly relevant I don't think.

Oh no I know TCW didn't do badly... it has a very specific and loyal fan base.. which is great and it totally did its job from that point of view. it was just a rash decision made at the time to make it animation because no one else would commission it for George and he had to fund it himself and animation was the only way he could go... had he been a bit more patient the stories would have got commissioned and been made properly and we wouldn't have the distracting cartoon/live action debate.

I mean, it's not just Star Wars that's continuing with animation. Star Trek's doing two series, one adult series (like Rick and Morty or Family Guy) for CBS All Access and one (similar to TCW, Rebels, etc.) for Nickelodeon. Marvel Studios took over Marvel TV and Animation last year and are also producing a What If? series for Disney+ is another example of animation being considered as a limitless medium to tell stories.

Animation is still a medium that in a way can do things live-action can't do just yet. But it's also a core component of Hollywood's storytelling alongside live-action, it will probably keep going to the end of time.

Disney's the one that basically said if their original animation department is gone, the company doesn't really exist as it should anymore. There's a reason they needed Pixar to help them rebuild WDAS to the state they are in right now and even the creation of WDTA serves a purpose now to build content for the channels and Disney+.

The other studio that's also known for its animation is Warner Bros. and while they recently got full control of Cartoon Network from their former sibling Turner Networks through WarnerMedia's synergy plan, I really don't know what their animation strategy in the next few years are even though it's looking like they're planning a massive comeback to compete with Disney and other rivals.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited January 15

I disagree that it was a mistake. Animation was the only viable solution to pull off the vision he had for the Clone Wars show. Doing huge droid vs clone battles with live-action quality CGI would simply have not been possible on tv budget back in those days, doing battles like Geonosis and Kashyyyk in episode 2 and 3 already cost a fortune and those battles were short, there are episodes of the show that are like 80% action. Hell, even today it wouldn’t be practical to do on a tv budget, The Mandalorian season 1 budget was $120m and that was for just 8 episodes, Clone Wars seasons were over 20 episodes. The Mandalorian also doesn’t have any battles that are even close to the scale seen in the Clone Wars, plus most of the special effects are done with practical effects to cut down on the CGI budget.

Not to mention how much it would have cost to get Hayden, Natalie Ewan, Samuel, etc back to star in a live action Clone Wars show. A-listers like Natalie and Samuel would have been asking for several $100k per episode they appeared in. Animation allowed them to use sound-a-like voice actors who would work for a lot less. It also allowed George to change Anakin’s voice, due to the complaints of Hayden’s Anakin sounding too whiny with his higher pitched voice.

Animation was simply the only option for telling the story that he wanted to tell.
  • ROMG4
    4730 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Nothing's wrong with animation inherently it is simply another visual medium to express one's work in

Its sort of like arguing which is better in the case of a normal book or audio book. Both mediums have advantages, disadvantages, and equivalents to each other just like all things do. Neither one is necessarily more "grown-up" or "little" rather it simply depends on the picture

Ultimately whatever medium is picked it is always up to the decisions and style of the creator and what he felt best fit the story
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg

The Maul arc was the second best out of the entire show. They did that really well
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• lowell
    2405 posts Member

I disagree that it was a mistake. Animation was the only viable solution to pull off the vision he had for the Clone Wars show. Doing huge droid vs clone battles with live-action quality CGI would simply have not been possible on tv budget back in those days, doing battles like Geonosis and Kashyyyk in episode 2 and 3 already cost a fortune and those battles were short, there are episodes of the show that are like 80% action. Hell, even today it wouldn’t be practical to do on a tv budget, The Mandalorian season 1 budget was $120m and that was for just 8 episodes, Clone Wars seasons were over 20 episodes. The Mandalorian also doesn’t have any battles that are even close to the scale seen in the Clone Wars, plus most of the special effects are done with practical effects to cut down on the CGI budget.

Not to mention how much it would have cost to get Hayden, Natalie Ewan, Samuel, etc back to star in a live action Clone Wars show. A-listers like Natalie and Samuel would have been asking for several $100k per episode they appeared in. Animation allowed them to use sound-a-like voice actors who would work for a lot less. It also allowed George to change Anakin’s voice, due to the complaints of Hayden’s Anakin sounding too whiny with his higher pitched voice.

Animation was simply the only option for telling the story that he wanted to tell.

One thing to note is George was working on the canceled Underworld series at the same time as TCW. While the scripts are all written and now in the Lucasfilm vault, there's a reason why he couldn't get the series into production, the costs were estimated to be at least $50 million per episode.

When you compare that to TCW being $1 million per episode, you choose the option that's most practical and easily convincing to the person in charge of funding the production.

This was the schedule he had in 2007, which even I feel now was too ambitious for that time:

f72uiqh7m2c31.jpg

I could see the cost being $50 million per episode for Underworld in 2007, necessarily because George wanted to make the show's environment as physical as it can be after getting that much criticism about CGI usage in the PT films.

This was his statement on Underworld in 2010:

Now that technology evolving makes it easier for the production costs to go down, it's not far-fetched if a series like Underworld could be greenlighted quickly.

But I'm not so disappointed in Underworld because elements of it and the 1313 game (in a way) have popped up in TCW, Rebels, Rogue One, Solo, the Mandalorian, and possibly TROS.

They never really throw everything in the trash when you could reuse it for another story.

An example was that the 5th Brother Inquisitor's design comes from the early TFA art design meetings:

"StarWars.com: Well, the Fifth Brother is based on a design from The Force Awakens, right?

Dave Filoni: That’s right, that’s absolutely correct. I was sitting in on those [The Force Awakens] meetings early on and I’d see some pretty cool stuff, and I was like, “Heyyyyy… Is anybody going to use that?” And they were like, “Well, we don’t know,” and I said, “Well, if he [J.J. Abrams] doesn’t use that, I’m taking that.” And J.J. went in a different direction and I said, “Hey, where’d that thing go? I want that guy with the hat. Where’d that guy go?” Why waste it? It was a great design. I try to utilize everything. I keep my eyes open when I walk around the studio or when I walk around the film sets. I’m always looking for those bizarre little things that we can borrow from. Everybody gets it. We’re all fans, and part of Star Wars was imagining that every bizarre background character had an incredible story. For me, it’s fun to try to tell those incredible stories."

https://www.starwars.com/news/dave-filoni-interview-star-wars-rebels-season-two-part-1

Another was the reveal of Sheev's first name in the Tarkin novel, it was actually created to be said in Underworld by George himself.

The one thing I do want Disney to release on Disney+ now is all the episodes that George and Seth Green and the rest of the Robot Chicken crew had worked on for Detours because that was the last show he created after TCW and it doesn't matter if its Legends or not but I just want to see how good or bad is it. It's already finished and should be released to be consumed anyway.

• ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited January 15
    ^Damn, didn’t know that the cancelled Star Wars Underworld live action show that was announced in 2005 and officially cancelled in 2015 had a planned $50m per episode budget in 2007, no wonder no networks greenlit that show. Mandalorian has a $15m per episode budget, and I think I heard that is tied for the 2nd highest per episode budget of any tv show ever. The per episode budget ranking as I understand it:

1. HBO’s The Pacific miniseries- $20m per episode
    2. (Tie) HBO’s Game of Thrones final season and Disney’s The Mandalorian first season- $15m per episode
    3. (Tie) Netflix’s The Crown and NBC’s E.R. final season- $13m per episode
    4. (Tie) HBO’s Band of Brothers and Amazon’s Upcoming Lord of the Rings Second Age series- $12.5m per episode (Lord of the Rings is reported to be the most expensive tv show ever made at $250m per season for the first two seasons, but due to a rumored 20 episodes per season, the per episode budget comes in under The Mandalorian’s $120m split across 8 episodes)
    5. (Tie) Netflix’s Get Down and Netflix’s The Witcher-$10m per episode

Oh yes I totally agree. You are completely right with everything you say.

And that was my point. Because of costs involved it had to be done in animation to keep costs down and therefore quality was compromised. It's just a shame.

The Maul arc was the second best out of the entire show. They did that really well

In guess it is important that opinions can differ.

One thing to note is George was working on the canceled Underworld series at the same time as TCW. While the scripts are all written and now in the Lucasfilm vault, there's a reason why he couldn't get the series into production, the costs were estimated to be at least $50 million per episode.

When you compare that to TCW being $1 million per episode, you choose the option that's most practical and easily convincing to the person in charge of funding the production.

This was the schedule he had in 2007, which even I feel now was too ambitious for that time:

f72uiqh7m2c31.jpg

I could see the cost being $50 million per episode for Underworld in 2007, necessarily because George wanted to make the show's environment as physical as it can be after getting that much criticism about CGI usage in the PT films.

Now that technology evolving makes it easier for the production costs to go down, it's not far-fetched if a series like Underworld could be greenlighted quickly.

But I'm not so disappointed in Underworld because elements of it and the 1313 game (in a way) have popped up in TCW, Rebels, Rogue One, Solo, the Mandalorian, and possibly TROS.

They never really throw everything in the trash when you could reuse it for another story.

An example was that the 5th Brother Inquisitor's design comes from the early TFA art design meetings:

"StarWars.com: Well, the Fifth Brother is based on a design from The Force Awakens, right?

Dave Filoni: That’s right, that’s absolutely correct. I was sitting in on those [The Force Awakens] meetings early on and I’d see some pretty cool stuff, and I was like, “Heyyyyy… Is anybody going to use that?” And they were like, “Well, we don’t know,” and I said, “Well, if he [J.J. Abrams] doesn’t use that, I’m taking that.” And J.J. went in a different direction and I said, “Hey, where’d that thing go? I want that guy with the hat. Where’d that guy go?” Why waste it? It was a great design. I try to utilize everything. I keep my eyes open when I walk around the studio or when I walk around the film sets. I’m always looking for those bizarre little things that we can borrow from. Everybody gets it. We’re all fans, and part of Star Wars was imagining that every bizarre background character had an incredible story. For me, it’s fun to try to tell those incredible stories."

https://www.starwars.com/news/dave-filoni-interview-star-wars-rebels-season-two-part-1

Another was the reveal of Sheev's first name in the Tarkin novel, it was actually created to be said in Underworld by George himself.

The one thing I do want Disney to release on Disney+ now is all the episodes that George and Seth Green and the rest of the Robot Chicken crew had worked on for Detours because that was the last show he created after TCW and it doesn't matter if its Legends or not but I just want to see how good or bad is it. It's already finished and should be released to be consumed anyway.

Detours > Star Wars Rebels
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

f72uiqh7m2c31.jpg

Oh, I don't know about that until I've seen it. Detours could be as good as the Freemaker Adventures or it very well could be the "Inhumans" of Star Wars :lol: .

MV5BODk1ZGU4NjgtYmNjNi00ZGNlLTljOGQtNjE2ZDIyOTg4ZTkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM_._V1_.0.jpg

The important thing is the episodes are produced already and it should be distributed to one of Disney's channels or Disney+ so people could consume it.

One thing to note is Rebels is part of the canon, while Detours is not confirmed to be, which means it could have implications for films, other shows, books, comics, etc.

I think Sheev's survival in TROS may very well be due to him finally gaining access to the World Between Worlds post-Rebels.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

186.gif

Can you maybe not quote 10 posts and one gigantic post filled with images and video. Just so you can respond with a single bloody sentence

No

k492ftic8y0j.gif

Not really, it was pretty terrible, with they way they brought Maul back. Sooo, Maul gets his legs cut off, and yet he survived, (some how) and (some how) got to a ship to get off world??? Yeah, that was just terrible, it was terribly thought out, maybe if Lucas woulda thought it out a little more, than it would've been a little better... Dave filone and the entire Lucasfilm stroy group disagreed with Lucas on bringing Maul back, when Lucas just suddenly said Mauls coming back, Filone said... "Maul, but Mauls dead"? But they had to do what they were told, so it was probably effortlessly added in, due to the fact of them disagreeing with Lucas on doing it, but who knows why it was just terribly added, maybe Lucas was running out of ideas, who knows.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.

186.gif

Can you maybe not quote 10 posts and one gigantic post filled with images and video. Just so you can respond with a single bloody sentence

LOL, i love that Transformers series, a fitting gif. :D
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.

186.gif

No

k492ftic8y0j.gif

Are you being Barricaded? LOL :D
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Grievous15 wrote: »

Not really, it was pretty terrible, with they way they brought Maul back. Sooo, Maul gets his legs cut off, and yet he survived, (some how) and (some how) got to a ship to get off world??? Yeah, that was just terrible, it was terribly thought out, maybe if Lucas woulda thought it out a little more, than it would've been a little better... Dave filone and the entire Lucasfilm stroy group disagreed with Lucas on bringing Maul back, when Lucas just suddenly said Mauls coming back, Filone said... "Maul, but Mauls dead"? But they had to do what they were told, so it was probably effortlessly added in, due to the fact of them disagreeing with Lucas on doing it, but who knows why it was just terribly added, maybe Lucas was running out of ideas, who knows.

This was Dave's statement on why George brought him back:

"“I found it funny in The Phantom Menace when Darth Maul got cut in half,” Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni says. “I thought George was definitively saying to the fans, ‘There’s no way this character is coming back. This is not a Boba Fett/Sarlacc Pit situation where, because of fan love, Boba gets out of that thing any number of ways.’ Fast-forward ten-years, and I’m the one to bring Maul back.”

Well, mostly. Filoni acknowledges that the order to resurrect the Sith Lord came from George Lucas himself, who became more interested in his Phantom Menace creation while developing Savage Opress for the last season of The Clone Wars. Awesome as Maul was in the movie, he barely got to do anything before the old chop-chop. When asked if Maul’s return is motivated by the feeling that he was underutilized in The Phantom Menace, Filoni says, “I think in part.”

Filoni’s biggest challenge, though, will come from the legions of fans ready to shout “No way!” at the very idea of a Maul return. But addressing the (un)believability of his survival could make for some interesting drama. “First of all, how does he survive getting cut in half?” says Filoni. “Plus, he fell! And also, don’t forget Obi-Wan Kenobi is still around, so I’m sure Maul wouldn’t be very happy with him.”

Fans will note that there is precedent for this kind of resurrection. “The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be…unnatural,” Darth Sidious says in Revenge of the Sith. Sidious and his master found a way to use the Force to cheat death—that’s how he was able to keep Vader alive after that little swan dive into a lava field. Couldn’t Maul have picked up on some of that too? Says Filoni, “He’s suffered through a lot to keep himself alive and implemented the training of his master to do so.”

Once you get beyond the plausibility issues, what’s left is actually an amazing storytelling opportunity. The Clone Wars has featured other characters from the movies, but mostly original trilogy stalwarts like Chewbacca, Tarkin, and Ackbar. Those are all characters whose fates have already been decided. “Here, we’re moving forward with Maul,” Filoni says. “He’s more than ten years older than he was in The Phantom Menace. That’s immensely satisfying, because now nobody knows what’s going to happen to him. I know, but nobody else does.”"

https://ew.com/article/2011/10/12/star-wars-clone-wars-darth-maul/

I think one thing is that Maul's return post-TPM made me more interested in him than I ever was when he was in the film.

Even his Solo cameo seemed to be more intriguing than the duel on Naboo to an extent when looking back.

"“I found it funny in The Phantom Menace when Darth Maul got cut in half,” Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni says. “I thought George was definitively saying to the fans, ‘There’s no way this character is coming back. This is not a Boba Fett/Sarlacc Pit situation where, because of fan love, Boba gets out of that thing any number of ways.’ Fast-forward ten-years, and I’m the one to bring Maul back.”

Well, mostly. Filoni acknowledges that the order to resurrect the Sith Lord came from George Lucas himself, who became more interested in his Phantom Menace creation while developing Savage Opress for the last season of The Clone Wars. Awesome as Maul was in the movie, he barely got to do anything before the old chop-chop. When asked if Maul’s return is motivated by the feeling that he was underutilized in The Phantom Menace, Filoni says, “I think in part.”

Filoni’s biggest challenge, though, will come from the legions of fans ready to shout “No way!” at the very idea of a Maul return. But addressing the (un)believability of his survival could make for some interesting drama. “First of all, how does he survive getting cut in half?” says Filoni. “Plus, he fell! And also, don’t forget Obi-Wan Kenobi is still around, so I’m sure Maul wouldn’t be very happy with him.”

Fans will note that there is precedent for this kind of resurrection. “The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be…unnatural,” Darth Sidious says in Revenge of the Sith. Sidious and his master found a way to use the Force to cheat death—that’s how he was able to keep Vader alive after that little swan dive into a lava field. Couldn’t Maul have picked up on some of that too? Says Filoni, “He’s suffered through a lot to keep himself alive and implemented the training of his master to do so.”

Once you get beyond the plausibility issues, what’s left is actually an amazing storytelling opportunity. The Clone Wars has featured other characters from the movies, but mostly original trilogy stalwarts like Chewbacca, Tarkin, and Ackbar. Those are all characters whose fates have already been decided. “Here, we’re moving forward with Maul,” Filoni says. “He’s more than ten years older than he was in The Phantom Menace. That’s immensely satisfying, because now nobody knows what’s going to happen to him. I know, but nobody else does.”"

I think one thing is that Maul's return post-TPM made me more interested in him than I ever was when he was in the film.

Even his Solo cameo seemed to be more intriguing than the duel on Naboo to an extent when looking back.

So what about Dooku? Why couldn't he cheat death too, like he was seen using force lightning, but Maul was never seen using force lightning, is it like that kinda thing, or is there no explanation why Dooku didn't cheat death?
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member

So what about Dooku? Why couldn't he cheat death too, like he was seen using force lightning, but Maul was never seen using force lightning, is it like that kinda thing, or is there no explanation why Dooku didn't cheat death?

To understand that, we need to know, who got more Sith instruction under Sheev's guidance, Maul, Dooku, or even Vader?

There's a possibility Vader knew a lot more about the Sith culture than even Maul or Dooku because of all the stuff in his post-ROTS Marvel comic, the Vader Immortal VR experiences, the Wayfinder in TROS, plus the fact that he was Sheev's longest apprentice ever, over 20 years serving the Empire.
  • Ryu_Tano94
    255 posts Member
    edited January 16
    Imagine if this would be the official cast. With Temuera Morrison as Cpt. Rex since Dee Beadley Baler would be Bossk.

21wjy5dytp4y.jpg
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    Imagine if this would be the official cast. With Temuera Morrison as Cpt. Rex since Dee Beadley Baler would be Bossk.

21wjy5dytp4y.jpg

If it was true, they wouldn't have labeled Lars Mikkelsen as TBA. He's Thrawn, always will be the one we have been introduced to on the screen.
  • Ryu_Tano94
    255 posts Member
    edited January 21
    If y'all are interested in how I think Ahsoka could look/work, here is a Link to my Heroconcept for her and Sabine Wren. Feel free to take a look.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/145444/sabine-ahsoka-a-new-heroconcept-feat-why-they-should-be-added#latest
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    On a serious note (for once) - Rosario Dawson would be a better choice if she was brought to live action.

Brie Larson would be appalling. She can't act and is so wooden as is. She has successfully made a decent character in Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel into a wooden Superman. All power, very boring.

If they do get Brie Larson, at least she’d have the “snips” part down :lol:
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    On a serious note (for once) - Rosario Dawson would be a better choice if she was brought to live action.

Brie Larson would be appalling. She can't act and is so wooden as is. She has successfully made a decent character in Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel into a wooden Superman. All power, very boring.

If they do get Brie Larson, at least she’d have the “snips” part down :lol:

haha. I do think she would be a poor choice though, theres a ton of actresses I would pick above her.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Not sure how this has not gotten closed, maybe to keep all this Ashoka talk in relatively one place (didn’t work). This is just like the extraction and starfighter threads, their is no real news or content to talk about it’s just speculation, I wants, and what ifs. Not trying to be negative as I support those threads, just being honest.

21wjy5dytp4y.jpg

If it was true, they wouldn't have labeled Lars Mikkelsen as TBA. He's Thrawn, always will be the one we have been introduced to on the screen.

Oh my god if this was actually true I would have been running around and jumping up and down. It would be beautiful
    Baby Yoda is the absolute greatest character Disney has created.

Baby Yoda is love, Baby Yoda is life.

OOM-9 For Battlefront 2

• Problem is dont think people are reading the original topic Text anymore and just the comments that drifted away so reminder at this point: go to the first Page and read it from the beginning, the comments went off topic Multiple times already its way better to read the original Text.
  • I updated the original Text. Make a read if you want.
  • This thread defo needs some funky wah wah driven, porn background music.
  • There is no confirmation of Ahsoka, also don’t care about her being added. Lightsabers don’t bring anything more unique to this game even with dual sabers.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    There is no confirmation of Ahsoka, also don’t care about her being added. Lightsabers don’t bring anything more unique to this game even with dual sabers.

I mean, since you are taking the time to post an opposing view on this thread, you do care to a certain extent. Otherwise, you could've just gone to another thread concerning topics you're interested in.
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Nope, they are both awful choices
    There is no confirmation of Ahsoka, also don’t care about her being added. Lightsabers don’t bring anything more unique to this game even with dual sabers.

I mean, since you are taking the time to post an opposing view on this thread, you do care to a certain extent. Otherwise, you could've just gone to another thread concerning topics you're interested in.

I’ve been cancelled, I must go to exile

a3u24lhp0c0y.gif

a3u24lhp0c0y.gif

sleep tight pupper
  • Keep the dream alive brothas