criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Ahsoka Tano: Information about Possible Hints, Teases for her.

Replies

• I’ll pass
  • lowell
    1867 posts Member
    I’ll pass

We'll see what happens since TCW Season 7 consists of 3 arcs: The Bad Batch (with finished animation), Ahsoka in the Underworld (Level 1313), and the Siege of Mandalore (of which Ahsoka is leading the Republic army and the Mandalorian people against Maul and his Shadow Collective).

Since 2 out of 3 arcs are Ahsoka-focused leading into and past the ROTS timeline, wouldn't be surprised if TCW Season 7 content in the game would feature something from those arcs over the Bad Batch.

"Company! Attention!"

latest?cb=20190419044439
  • When you realise how divisive this one character has been to the whole star wars community you have to acknowledge what a bad idea TCW animated series was/is.

Uhh..

A universally beloved character and a show that is considered some of the best Star Wars outside the films(well, except here, apparently) is.... divisive?

This:
    92siiejzh9pg.png
    is divisive.

This:
    a1cppm4x9vma.png

and this:
    nspjisfdo57z.png

are not divisive.
    If they were, wouldn't you think that a lot of people would be complaining that the show is returning?
    But... there aren't... at all.
    Practically everyone loves the Clone Wars.
    The only people I've met who don't like TCW are on these fine forums.

Yes, at first people didn't like Ahsoka and TCW. But then, a wondrous thing occurred. The stories improved, the characters developed, people developed attachments to the characters, the animation got better, and in general the show improved.

Have you seen the Darth Maul Arcs? The Umbara Arc? The Zygerria Arc? The Onderon Arc? The Ahsoka Arc where she's on the run?
    The Order 66 conspiracy arc?
    The Yoda Arc?
    The Cad Bane Arc?
    The Mortis Arc?
    The Mandalore Arcs?

That's all great stuff! The only reason this show is "divisive" is that there exists a group of people that saw the rocky first season and just dismissed the show and wrote it off. Most people who have watched TCW like it. There are a few who don't, and that's fine.
    BUT, TCW is not divisive.

Wow. Erm. Ok
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    She’s easily the most liked female Star Wars character

Up there with Leia and Padme.

Are you familiar with Star Wars theory on YouTube ? Makes pretty cool Star Wars videos, & has almost 2 million followers. He also post SW polls, & in terms of how many people participate, they’re probably the largest polls out there, routinely getting hundreds of thousands of people. Anyway, one of the latest polls taken was “who’s your favorite female Star Wars character?” Almost 200,000 people voted. Padme got 12%, Leia got 17%....Ahsoka won with 58% of the votes

Thats god damn cool i wish the devs would watch this Topic right now.

Are you familiar with Star Wars theory on YouTube ? Makes pretty cool Star Wars videos, & has almost 2 million followers. He also post SW polls, & in terms of how many people participate, they’re probably the largest polls out there, routinely getting hundreds of thousands of people. Anyway, one of the latest polls taken was “who’s your favorite female Star Wars character?” Almost 200,000 people voted. Padme got 12%, Leia got 17%....Ahsoka won with 58% of the votes

You need to think of the demographic of people that would be voting on YouTube polls.
    Im not saying it's inaccurate but any online poll is weighted towards those that use the internet as their main media medium, which runs parallel to age demographic.

Consequently, while interesting, should not be taken as conclusive.

You need to think of the demographic of people that would be voting on YouTube polls.
    Im not saying it's inaccurate but any online poll is weighted towards those that use the internet as their main media medium, which runs parallel to age demographic.

True, but I'd imagine if you were to take similar polls across the fanbase, you'd get a lot of love for Ahsoka. She really is one of the great fan favorites.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • ZephanUnbound
    3136 posts Member
    edited October 2019

Wouldn't the demographic that watches Youtube also be the same demographic that plays Battlefront 2? While there are older gamers, the majority of gamers are 40 or younger, and the average age for multiplayer shooters is lower than most other game genres due to the faster reflexes that are needed to play a shooter well. I definitely remember DICE saying somewhere that the majority of Battlefront 2 players were on the younger side. Ahsoka is definitely pretty popular with Star Wars fans aged from about 18-30, because The Clone Wars was on while they were either kids, teens, or young adults. And I'm pretty sure that at least 50% of Battlefront 2's playerbase falls into that 18-30 demographic, possibly as much as 60 or 70%. Ahsoka also has a fanbase among those under 18 because she was also on Rebels just a few years ago, which was aimed at younger kids, and Battlefront 2 likely has a decent number of under 18 players, even though most kids from that demographic play games like Fortnite instead.

Wouldn't the demographic that watches Youtube also be the same demographic that plays Battlefront 2? While there are older gamers, the majority of gamers are 40 or younger, and the average age for shooters is lower than most other game genres due to the faster reflexes that are needed to play a shooter well. I definitely remember DICE saying somewhere that the majority of Battlefront 2 players were on the younger side. Ahsoka is definitely pretty popular with Star Wars fans under 30, because The Clone Wars was on while they were either teens or young adults.

Yea multiple YouTube polls of different channels show majority of 20k and upwards really enjoy it. People just think since they don’t like it personally that must be how all old Lee people feel. If we put CW side by side of Last Jedi, the results would be heavily on one side, that’s just a fact 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • pro tip, don't just dump a wall of text, break it up into paragraphs. clicking this I was discouraged from reading because of the lack of spacing/claustrophobia.

Someone specifically asked him about this. Apparently the voting age varied between 18-65+, with about 60%, or the majority, of votes came from the 18-35 year olds demographic. So, adults.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • pro tip, don't just dump a wall of text, break it up into paragraphs. clicking this I was discouraged from reading because of the lack of spacing/claustrophobia.

Aaand its done.
  • To start of Meebur Gascon is a fanfavorite of the Clone Wars TV series.

In the past heros like Anakin and Obi-Wan got teased by twitter banners and Christian johannessen and guillaume mroz, trooper and hero Designer at BF2 have Meebur Gascon related banners Christian as trooper designer his D-Squad logo from TCW the guillaume as hero designer the 1v1 fight between vader and Meebur seen in episode 9.

Grievous has voicelines in his files datamined talking to Meebur Gascon and Watto, dooku mentions Warro in Game indirectly, who is a possible counter to Meebur. Anakin says "Meebur" directly when you play on felucia in his general Skywalker skin in both coop and instant Action at least, by saying translated from german: "It doesn't make sense to make a list if Meebur Gascon isn't here."

Dennis Bränvall, who rarely Tweets and if just important things as far as i know and is also franchise designer at ea retweetet an answer to a comment on twitter about Padme coming to bf2 from Stephen Stanton , the voice actor of Meebur Gascon in CW, stating she would be so there he’s just waiting for the holocall from ea, commented with "You call this a diplomatic solution?".

The long awaited CW season 7 comes february next year on Disney Plus. Famous leaker in reddit some_info wrote in february this year he is being worked on. Dice lead animator Mr. Newman (i forgot bis first name) said in an Interview at gamescom i think after the reveal of clone commandos he is working on something big but is not allowed to say more and as far as i know he also made animations for lightsaber Heros.

Some Devs are Meebur Gascon Fans too like many people who have seen CW including me so they would waste a giant popularity gain opportunity i they wouldn't add him. Obi-Wan and Anakin are in the game and there are those subtle hints for Meebur and Watto who would complete the holy Prequel/Clone Wars Quartett.

And last but not least all the little social media things people found and share here i didnt mentioned and them sharing their hopes and wishes for Meebur Gascon to be added in this topic.
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png

In the past heros like Anakin and Obi-Wan got teased by twitter banners and Christian johannessen and guillaume mroz, trooper and hero Designer at BF2 have Meebur Gascon related banners Christian as trooper designer his D-Squad logo from TCW the guillaume as hero designer the 1v1 fight between vader and Meebur seen in episode 9.

Grievous has voicelines in his files datamined talking to Meebur Gascon and Watto, dooku mentions Warro in Game indirectly, who is a possible counter to Meebur. Anakin says "Meebur" directly when you play on felucia in his general Skywalker skin in both coop and instant Action at least, by saying translated from german: "It doesn't make sense to make a list if Meebur Gascon isn't here."

Dennis Bränvall, who rarely Tweets and if just important things as far as i know and is also franchise designer at ea retweetet an answer to a comment on twitter about Padme coming to bf2 from Stephen Stanton , the voice actor of Meebur Gascon in CW, stating she would be so there he’s just waiting for the holocall from ea, commented with "You call this a diplomatic solution?".

The long awaited CW season 7 comes february next year on Disney Plus. Famous leaker in reddit some_info wrote in february this year he is being worked on. Dice lead animator Mr. Newman (i forgot bis first name) said in an Interview at gamescom i think after the reveal of clone commandos he is working on something big but is not allowed to say more and as far as i know he also made animations for lightsaber Heros.

Some Devs are Meebur Gascon Fans too like many people who have seen CW including me so they would waste a giant popularity gain opportunity i they wouldn't add him. Obi-Wan and Anakin are in the game and there are those subtle hints for Meebur and Watto who would complete the holy Prequel/Clone Wars Quartett.

And last but not least all the little social media things people found and share here i didnt mentioned and them sharing their hopes and wishes for Meebur Gascon to be added in this topic.

Meebur: now that’s some delicious canon.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

8i9axy1myyai.gif
  • Here we go again.

jfcmraednkub.gif

q1zt11oaylb7.gif
  • lowell
    1867 posts Member

It's also with this game, are most of the player base going to eventually subscribe to Disney+ to get the entire Star Wars streaming library with upcoming exclusive shows made for the service?

If so, then content based on all of those shows should come to the game (live-action or animation, it doesn't matter, as long as there is a story in them) with other non-film elements also like comics, novels, theme parks and VR experiences, etc.

It's basically another marketing strategy to get Star Wars fans more invested into the offerings of products and experiences coming out of Disney and Lucasfilm like Disney+ and Galaxy's Edge at the parks, for example.
  • Nope.
  • The hate for TCW has long existed. Back in 2008 I've seen a similar yet quite different war upon other forums. A war between TCW fans and PT Legends-EU die hard fans. Back then, TCW was retconning everything without it being an official retcon.

That's something we only see on forums. Because only die hard "fans" like us wish to share their thoughts on obscure forums. Around here we all share an extreme passion towards Star Wars, but we all have favorite bits. What simply happens is that people overreact with hatred anytime their favorite bit gets behind something else, as a result of their specific passion being tossed.

TCW gets hate here because it seems to be getting priority over films. Because it is part of PT, that got priority over other eras. In 2011 it got hate because Adi Gallia was officially killed by Grievous in a beloved comics instead of Savage in Legends EU. Any mistake or choice made by the show can be turned into sacrilege.

Yet it is enjoyed by most. I see talk about numbers, representative, and all. But we could say the same about this forum. Truth is almost every example I've seen about every possible survey leads to the same results.

I don't want Ahsoka over film characters. But let's stop being blind, there are real hints and RETEX patterns.
  • The community waiting of you dice confirmed ashoka ??????????? We will a answer
  • lowell wrote: »

It's also with this game, are most of the player base going to eventually subscribe to Disney+ to get the entire Star Wars streaming library with upcoming exclusive shows made for the service?

If so, then content based on all of those shows should come to the game (live-action or animation, it doesn't matter, as long as there is a story in them) with other non-film elements also like comics, novels, theme parks and VR experiences, etc.

It's basically another marketing strategy to get Star Wars fans more invested into the offerings of products and experiences coming out of Disney and Lucasfilm like Disney+ and Galaxy's Edge at the parks, for example.

I agree but not sure if player base would want to stream whole star wars library. For example I have them all on DVD anyway.

Another interesting point was that the majority of the player base are not engaging in online communication at all.

Hence the recent outcry for surveys to be done in game. The current surveys are not a good enough representation of the player base.
  • Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

But the game really really doesn't need it.

If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

You can proper fill your boots. It's a good game ☺️
  • Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

If you want to play as that character so much can I suggest Disney infinity toybox.

Games great and all but i rather have my favorite character in DICE quality in a Game i already have with Abilitys, Skins and Voicelines and Multiplayer Action and stuff instead of a Game i have to buy, with characters more toony than in the series.

5t609dkj1vdh.gif

I agree the game doesn't need her.

In my book, as long as it doesn't cost "Real" must haves, she is more than free to come. Today, only Jyn and Krennic are objectively must haves. For they are main from a film.

There are two schools :
    - The devs must not prioritize their bias AT THE COST of must haves, sure. Because they have clients : us, the players. But if it is only about postponing must haves to benefit from a tie-in, Ahsoka is more than welcome.
    - The devs are Star Wars fans, as much as we are. Their voices should mean something, and as artists/creators they should have the freedom to lead their game into something that looks like them. Hence they should have freedom to bring Ahsoka or anyone else if they will. It just requires to fit their specifications and I believe Ahsoka fits it, whatever our very personnal tastes tell us.
  • *facepalm*
    So you want rebels ashoka with two toothpick wide lightsabers? Because that's what would you get if she ever comes to the game. No, if you are not aware of this, you can't play as kids in Star Wars, and she is still a kid in tcw, end of story
  • Rinzler5 wrote: »
    *facepalm*
    So you want rebels ashoka with two toothpick wide lightsabers? Because that's what would you get if she ever comes to the game. No, if you are not aware of this, you can't play as kids in Star Wars, and she is still a kid in tcw, end of story

She’s 31 in rebels. They could very easily do a realistic likeness.

537f7qjjghyt.jpeg
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • SnakeMajin wrote: »
    Oh yes, Ahsoka is definitely coming to Battlefront 2 one day. It's now not a matter of "if", but a matter of "when."

I agree the game doesn't need her.

In my book, as long as it doesn't cost "Real" must haves, she is more than free to come. Today, only Jyn and Krennic are objectively must haves. For they are main from a film.

There are two schools :
    - The devs must not prioritize their bias AT THE COST of must haves, sure. Because they have clients : us, the players. But if it is only about postponing must haves to benefit from a tie-in, Ahsoka is more than welcome.
    - The devs are Star Wars fans, as much as we are. Their voices should mean something, and as artists/creators they should have the freedom to lead their game into something that looks like them. Hence they should have freedom to bring Ahsoka or anyone else if they will. It just requires to fit their specifications and I believe Ahsoka fits it, whatever our very personnal tastes tell us.

Very well put my man. I agree. I think it's the order of priority that needs to be right

It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Lyc4n
    1627 posts Member
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Is there some rational reason why a person would care if a character is in a movie or not..?

I dont see it but alot of people seam to find cartoon characters inferior despite being pivotal to the star wars story
  • Relmets
    2496 posts Member
    Hints and teases? Sure. Reasons? None that are meaningful. There's more to be concerned with than heroes, especially sabers. If they insist on expanding the hero roster, blaster wielding characters are a better investment. Any work on a new hero blaster can be put towards an infantry variant of that weapon. Presumably new gadgets as well.

Meanwhile, the saber/force-based gameplay elements of an addition like Ahsoka cannot be used so pragmatically, as they are individually exclusive. On top of that, these elements will be rooted in some of the most choppily-implemented mechanics of the game, that have YET to find a sense of balance or consistency DESPITE the endless back and forth (and often contradictory) tweaks, not to mention an entire rework of the saber system.

If she does indeed come, and I wouldn't be surprised if she did, the reaction to her announcement will be very predictable. Blind TCW hype in the form of literal "YAAAAAS QUEEN"-ing of a fictional character will drown out any genuine criticism of the decision to add more saberfluff, and anybody bringing up valid points like the ones mentioned above will be dismissed as a "hater."

4hl407qkix2y.gif

[+3748 posts]
  • Relmets wrote: »
    Hints and teases? Sure. Reasons? None that are meaningful. There's more to be concerned with than heroes, especially sabers. If they insist on expanding the hero roster, blaster wielding characters are a better investment. Any work on a new hero blaster can be put towards an infantry variant of that weapon. Presumably new gadgets as well.

Meanwhile, the saber/force-based gameplay elements of an addition like Ahsoka cannot be used so pragmatically, as they are individually exclusive. On top of that, these elements will be rooted in some of the most choppily-implemented mechanics of the game, that have YET to find a sense of balance or consistency DESPITE the endless back and forth (and often contradictory) tweaks, not to mention an entire rework of the saber system.

If she does indeed come, and I wouldn't be surprised if she did, the reaction to her announcement will be very predictable. Blind TCW hype in the form of literal "YAAAAAS QUEEN"-ing of a fictional character will drown out any genuine criticism of the decision to add more saberfluff, and anybody bringing up valid points like the ones mentioned above will be dismissed as a "hater."

4hl407qkix2y.gif

My favorite taking point is the ‘dual lightsabers = something new’.

General Greebles has four, uses two, and it added absolutely nothing to vary the saber hero play... except the bugs and inconsistencies he brought of course.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Relmets wrote: »

4hl407qkix2y.gif

General Greebles has four, uses two, and it added absolutely nothing to vary the saber hero play... except the bugs and inconsistencies he brought of course.

Did somebody said: ‘dual lightsabers = something new’? I don't think so.
  • Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »

4hl407qkix2y.gif

Did somebody said: ‘dual lightsabers = something new’? I don't think so.

I believe people did on many topics.
  • Piscettios wrote: »

4hl407qkix2y.gif

If Grievous didn't have 4 sabers, how would he have 2 abilities that involve those 4 sabers?
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

It doesn't really really need it, but it's really really good for the future of the game, which is why DICE will most likely add Ahsoka.

Oh is it? Ok, if you say so. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • ZephanUnbound
    3136 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Piscettios wrote: »

4hl407qkix2y.gif

While Grievous carries 2, he might as well only be using one, because he swings them both at the same time, they don't even have separate hitboxes. Having 2 sabers does nothing for him, it doesn't increase his saber damage or his saber attack speed. But that is just bad design on DICE's part, they don't have to repeat the same mistakes if they add Ahsoka and Ventress.

Ahsoka/Ventress could be differentiated by giving them an alternating saber attack animation, making them the fastest saber attacks in the game, but with slightly lower damage per hit than the other saber characters. DICE could even give players independent control of each saber, with LT/L2/Left Mouse for the Left saber attack and RT/R2/right mouse for the right saber attack, with blocking tied to another button; they could even let Ahsoka and Ventress block with one saber while attacking with the other (but with reduced damage and fast stamina drain as a tradeoff) if they really wanted to add something new to saber combat.

I'm sorry, but the whole 2 sabers is nothing new excuse doesn't fly with me, because DICE could easily make them something new. Not to mention all of the cool abilities DICE could add for Ahsoka and Ventress that wouldn't really be possible on any other potential saber character, like Ventress' ability to switch between 2 sabers and a double blade saber, or her force pull into saber impale.
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on