criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ahsoka not coming? Boring Battlefront

Replies

• She's supposed to be on the top of the list?
    media.gif
    I Hear Voices In My Head, They Council Me, They Understand, They Talk To Me
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    NoriNori wrote: »
    She's supposed to be on the top of the list?
    media.gif

Well, ever since Some_Info made that development news leak on Reddit, the game inspiring players who never seen Star Wars animation to binge TCW on Netflix, and the fact Lucasfilm announced the revival of the show for Disney+, the interest for Ahsoka being in the game mostly grew and it makes sense if the game will eventually make the lines between all mediums of Star Wars blur out due to the canon.
  • lowell wrote: »
    media.gif

Well, ever since Some_Info made that development news leak on Reddit, the game inspiring players who never seen Star Wars animation to binge TCW on Netflix, and the fact Lucasfilm announced the revival of the show for Disney+, the interest for Ahsoka being in the game mostly grew and it makes sense if the game will eventually make the lines between all mediums of Star Wars blur out due to the canon.

I read a rumour about Dash Rendar coming to the game, but it's just a rumour.
  • NoriNori wrote: »
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?

I don't know, i just read a twitter from a developer and he said ahsoka was over padme, i thought that she would be coming to the game but now we will have those lovely droids from the Rise of the skywalker film.

I think on 2020 it will be the year of Sequel trilogy content and maybe on 2021 we will receive more content.
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?

I don't know, i just read a twitter from a developer and he said ahsoka was over padme, i thought that she would be coming to the game but now we will have those lovely droids from the Rise of the skywalker film.

I think on 2020 it will be the year of Sequel trilogy content and maybe on 2021 we will receive more content.

Screenshot of the tweet would be useful
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »
    media.gif

I read a rumour about Dash Rendar coming to the game, but it's just a rumour.

I mean, Dash is still part of Legends and hasn't been brought into canon unless the Marvel comics (now entering ESB-ROTJ timeline) do so next year.

There are 3 characters who have a higher chance of being in the game than Dash due to their similar roles to him but in canon:

Doctor Aphra

Doctor-Aphra-14-Feature-Image.jpg

Sana Starros

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdorksideoftheforce.com%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F06%2Fsana-solo-sw9-cover-138439.jpg&c=sc&w=736&h=485

and Beilert Valance (who was recently brought from the old Legends Marvel Comics into canon Marvel Comics last year)

latest?cb=20190817124825
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?

Well if you ask my opinion i would say that she wasn't on the top of the list and maybe not even on the game, i think the point of this game is to celebrate star wars with all the content from the new movies.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?

Well, Resistance's series finale airs around late January/early February so there could be something for it coming later in the year. But I wouldn't be surprised if devs already have made some stuff based on TCW Season 7 for February/March as the last PT drop for a while since they do have a direct relationship with Lucasfilm that would allow them to plan and develop things ahead of time.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?

Well if you ask my opinion i would say that she wasn't on the top of the list and maybe not even on the game, i think the point of this game is to celebrate star wars with all the content from the new movies.

With the rise of social media, there's always some chance the community gets moved into different directions than anticipated or expected.
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?

Well, Resistance's Series Finale airs around late January/early February so there could be something for it coming later in the year. But I wouldn't be surprised if devs already have made some stuff based on TCW Season 7 for February/March as the last PT drop for a while since they do have a direct relationship with Lucasfilm that would allow them to plan and develop things ahead of time.

DEvs could make a mandalorian update with Mando as a new hero too, i love baby yoda and it would be funny to see him fight as hero
    media.gif

Who's list?
    media.gif

Who's list?

Well, Resistance's Series Finale airs around late January/early February so there could be something for it coming later in the year. But I wouldn't be surprised if devs already have made some stuff based on TCW Season 7 for February/March as the last PT drop for a while since they do have a direct relationship with Lucasfilm that would allow them to plan and develop things ahead of time.

DEvs could make a mandalorian update with Mando as a new hero too, i love baby yoda and it would be funny to see him fight as hero

Well, with TCW Season 7, they could make Mandalore a cross-era planet in the game and then when the Mandalorian Season 2 drops, I could see an OT map for the planet being made since Katee Sackhoff (who voiced Bo-Katan in TCW and Rebels) is rumored to portray her in live-action for the show.
  • Ryu_Tano94
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    No plans for Mandoline Ben already said that.
  • Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »
    No plans for Mandoline Ben already said that.

Yes, they only planned Rise of the skywalker content
    media.gif

Im starting to like you a lot more with you using only Hermione gifs. Keep it up, its fun to watch
    Lyc4n wrote: »
    People forget how much of a fan favourite ahsoka is, the people that dont like her are people that dont like to watch the cartoon series. I havnt heard of anyone that likes the series and doesnt like ahsoka. Shes like darth maul, extremly unique character and very loved by the majority of the fan base. Shes also female and the game needs more females

I wondered how many of these haters went back to see TCW and Rebels after seeing Rogue One having Saw or they're just taking his film appearance only into consideration. If they're interested in how he became a rebel fighter due to training by the Jedi or how the Partisans actually ended up being separated from the Alliance, they're going to have to go there.

Same thing with Maul, I'm also wondering if they were shocked to see Maul show up in the film because they didn't notice him being in the shows.

Some stuff in the Mandalorian is probably going to expand on the Mandalorian lore already established by the two shows anyway so it would be interesting if some of these guys actually check those specific arcs out after the season 1 finale is released on the service.

When maul turned up in solo it reminded of that terrible crowbarred plot move in the series. I thought I'd blanked it out completely

Crowbarred? Need more clarification on the specifics.

Overall, Crimson Dawn basically was formed from the remains of the Shadow Collective once the Empire took over Mandalore from Maul's hold.

That's why the Story Group and the Kasdans saw it made sense Maul would have moved into the underworld to escape the presence of Sheev and Vader.

At the end of PM, Maul was dead. That was the end of that story ... move onto the next one .....

then ...... to try and make a CW story appealing they suddenly announce he isn't dead. Totally ridiculous. Writing stories and plots because you have a story is valid, milking a topic for all its worth to make it fill a series trying and get a younger audience on board is not.

CW should have just been a one off Star Wars film like R1 and SOLO, all necessary explanations of the story could have been told in that. The problem was they messed that up.

The series are full of crow-barred plot moves... I found it all very disappointing tbh.

Though i was somewhat glad that Maul was brought back..... the thing was that George Lucas was kinda in over his head about the way they added maul back in. I remember reading that it seemed Dave Filone, the producer of the clone wars and the creator of the rebels show, it seemed he had more sense than Lucas, in the thought of Maul being brought back in, like i remember reading that Lucas just one day told Filone.... "We're bringing maul back to life.".... then Filone said in return... "But Maul is dead... there's no way he survived that." but that was what George Lucas wanted, so he had to do it whether he agreed to it or not. I was still alright with maul coming back.... but they added him back in terribly, in the clone wars show, so maul lost his legs and didn't die from him losing his blood from his severed legs, and he somehow made it like that off world, whether someone picked him up, and put him in their ship..... or he somehow survived and made it to a ship, so either way, they did a terrible job in the way he was added back in.
    Ahsoka for Battlefront 2. Kanan Jarrus for Battlefront 2.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • killerzf7 wrote: »
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    But Ahsoka and Ventress threads tend to make people salty and ruffles their feathers for some reason.

Because we’ve had Clone Wars exclusive content for a little more than a year now.

Don’t get me wrong, I wanna see Ahsoka and Ventress too, but we need heroes from other eras before we get those two.

Okay. What HEROES would be a better add? That are a large part of Star Wars, or as large as these two? Remember, they can’t be CW. They have to be from the movies or tv series as well. Only ones I can think of are that blind jedi from rebels and his apprentice. I’m open for all ideas!

Cal Kestis - Second Sister (Jedi Fallen Order).

Shriv Suurgav - Gideon Hask (BF2 campaign).

Poe - Hux.

Episode IX heroes.

That's funny.
  • DarthLando
    2143 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    She’s a joke & she didn’t deserve to win in any capacity.

Also those were terrible analogies.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Please ignore those hate speech comments. Answering only fuels the discussion. Stay on topic when they cant.
  • I really hope they add Ahsoka at some point
  • Hello everyone, we've removed some comments from this thread one last time. Let's keep things friendly and constructive.

EA_Joz
  • EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone, we've removed some comments from this thread one last time. Let's keep things friendly and constructive.

EA_Joz

Personally I thought my cheese analogy was excellent but I thought you would all pick holes in it

Badum tish
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Every time there’s a Ahsoka thread the mods come in here and have to clean it up 😂😂 grown men can’t handle seeing her name without a meltdown it’s very fun to see. Until the next Ashoka thread 😈
  • Every time there’s a Ahsoka thread the mods come in here and have to clean it up 😂😂 grown men can’t handle seeing her name without a meltdown it’s very fun to see. Until the next Ashoka thread 😈

I find it interesting. One character splits a community so ferociously
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    Every time there’s a Ahsoka thread the mods come in here and have to clean it up 😂😂 grown men can’t handle seeing her name without a meltdown it’s very fun to see. Until the next Ashoka thread 😈

Yeah, I mean, it basically comes down to if you’ve watched TCW or not.

Or if someone can't stand ahsoka because she's annoying, and she gets herself and her master in trouble all the time, if it's not that she's running into ray shields. Plus, if they did add ahsoka... it wouldn't be her very annoying season one/two portrayal, but that's not the reason why they wouldn't they wouldn't do her season one and two skin.... the reason is because she's only like half naked, that's all. Her default skin would most likely be her season three/four/five appearance, and her only other appearances would be her season 7 appearance and probably her robed appearance.... and same thing with ventress, her season one and two appearances are not half naked unlike ahsoka... though ventress still has some, i guess low cut clothing, and this game has a policy against inappropriate appearances, so that is the reasoning behind it.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
    Kanan is more of your cool kinda Jedi... not so weird/wise as most of the Jedi were like on the council. Kanan also owned a cantina at some point before he met Hera.
  • I didn't like her at first, found her annoying and immature. That was on purpose and as an adult I see that. As well as how she evolves during the CW's and later in Rebels, she's no longer the immature, mouthy Ahsoka but a seasoned warrior with the coolest two white sabers. Her character is also more mature and she's a breath of fresh air in the Rebels show (which I found odd because it was the opposite at the beginning of the CW's show). She brought some needed authority to Rebels, and some actual skills. I'm no fan of the Ghost crew. I am no fan of the Rebels show but I watched it. When she showed up I actually was interested because (besides Rex) she was a character that I knew (on the good guys side at least). Only thing that kept me watching besides seeing Ahsoka return was other characters like Hondo, Maul, Thrawn etc.
  • I didn't like her at first, found her annoying and immature. That was on purpose and as an adult I see that. As well as how she evolves during the CW's and later in Rebels, she's no longer the immature, mouthy Ahsoka but a seasoned warrior with the coolest two white sabers. Her character is also more mature and she's a breath of fresh air in the Rebels show (which I found odd because it was the opposite at the beginning of the CW's show). She brought some needed authority to Rebels, and some actual skills. I'm no fan of the Ghost crew. I am no fan of the Rebels show but I watched it. When she showed up I actually was interested because (besides Rex) she was a character that I knew (on the good guys side at least). Only thing that kept me watching besides seeing Ahsoka return was other characters like Hondo, Maul, Thrawn etc.

I agree. I never really liked Ahsoka, until she became more mature and did something mature like leaving the jedi orde..... i saw her in Rebels, then she became one of my favorites, i mean Shsoka a gray jedi! just wow!. Also Vader in a Star Wars show was everything i ever wanted, i watch the Rebels over and over again, and whenever i watch the episodes with Vader in them, i get the chills..... he's so perfect, Kanan has to be one of the best jedis i've seen, he's a very layed back jedi, he's not all prideful or not like i'm the best jedi ever type of thing, and he became a good father figure to Ezra, and Hera became a good mother figure to the other members of the ghost crew. There's was such an emotional story in Rebels.... along with the whole story of Anakin and Ahsoka too.
    rcar0gljuaad.png
  • Ryu_Tano94
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Now back to the topic, Anakin and Dooku got released February this year and in February next year is their 1 year anniversary and Clone Wars season 7 Starts on Disney+ so it would make sense for DICE from a Business side to release their Padawan/Apprentice and in Ahsokas case one of the main characters of the Season and Major part of the reveal Trailer for the Season, alongside those events. Plus with the Celebration Edition they might got back some lost older Players and a wellmade fanfavorite like Ahsoka could make them stay or even bring in some of her Fans who havent played Battlefront 2 at all.
  • If she dies, what difference does that make? What did she need to die for? Her sacrificing herself for someone or something? That's not original at all. If she dies, she nearly takes Vader with her. Which makes no sense, obviously from a story standpoint. You hate a character and decide the story around her is bad. That's not impartial at all. You're also assuming 'time travel' was introduced to save her, when it actually revolved around Ezra. Seems like you just saw what you wanted and decided her story or anything around her was bad because you think she's bad.
    Now back to the topic, Anakin and Dooku got released February this year and in February next year is their 1 year anniversary and Clone Wars season 7 Starts on Disney+ so it would make sense for DICE from a Business side to release their Padawan/Apprentice and in Ahsokas case one of the main characters of the Season and Major part of the reveal Trailer for the Season, alongside those events. Plus with the Celebration Edition they might got back some lost older Players and a wellmade fanfavorite like Ahsoka could make them stay or even bring in some of her Fans who havent played Battlefront 2 at all.

There also seems to be a lot of voice lines teasing. Playing as Obiwan last night, I heard him tell count “your last apprentice tried to kill you”. Haven’t heard that in forever, plus all the other ones Anakin have said. I think they’re slowly adding in voicelines 😈😈.
  • Ryu_Tano94
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »

There also seems to be a lot of voice lines teasing. Playing as Obiwan last night, I heard him tell count “your last apprentice tried to kill you”. Haven’t heard that in forever, plus all the other ones Anakin have said. I think they’re slowly adding in voicelines 😈😈.

Cool thats one i never heard before mentioning ventress. I wrote all i heard up to this point in the original Text. There are more and more of these lines that pop up for Obi wan and Anakin. I wish some youtuber would make a Video about all Voicelines Anakin and Obi wan could say in different situations after the RoS Update next week.

They are. I'm noticing more and more new ones. 2 days ago I heard Dooku say " Why do you smell like a wookiee?" To Han.

They are. I'm noticing more and more new ones. 2 days ago I heard Dooku say " Why do you smell like a wookiee?" To Han.

Welcome back my friend 😈

Welcome back my friend 😈

Thank you sir. I'm back to fight the tyranny of the Seperatist regime

Welcome back my friend 😈

For our brothers!
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Every time there’s a Ahsoka thread the mods come in here and have to clean it up 😂😂 grown men can’t handle seeing her name without a meltdown it’s very fun to see. Until the next Ashoka thread 😈

Yeah, I mean, it basically comes down to if you’ve watched TCW or not.

Not necessarily - I watched all of it and enjoyed it (may surprise a few of you) - I just find Ahsoka to be a bland and poor character, who Filoni ruined Star Wars with by introducing time travel purely because he didnt want to have her killed off, so now we have her surviving encounters with Vader and the Emperor. Just my opinion of course.

If you like her, its cool. Both sides of the coin need to be respected.

Well, they wanted to bring back Sheev so it's not like Ahsoka coming back is more of a major consequence for the universe than him.

Plus, how Rebels acted as a set-up vehicle for upcoming projects like Rogue One, TLJ, Solo, TROS, and the Mandalorian, it isn't farfetched that the World Between Worlds was already created for TROS but was decided most of its elements would appear in the show, a setting that had Sheev in power already so Sheev was basically planning ahead in case he did meet his end and how to cheat it to survive over 3 decades later.

Guessing Kathleen Kennedy and the Story Group told Filoni that if he can set this up for Sheev's return, he can literally bring anyone else he wants back from the dead in Star Wars. But the interesting thing there wasn't any outrage for Ahsoka's return like there was for Maul's return 8 years ago in TCW, the dark side of the Force, including anger and hatred of the fact Obi-Wan defeated him, keeps him alive all those years post-TPM was George's reason for his survival.

Welcome back my friend 😈

For our brothers!

efuyyhjp25kz.png

Welcome back my friend 😈

For our brothers!

efuyyhjp25kz.png

BRO 😂😂😂😂😂😂😭😭
  • Is this an Ahsoka Thread?
    giphy.gif
  • Ryu_Tano94
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    It was supposed to be but often it goes into a completly other direction.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Guess who's being teased for one of the voices in the final showdown in TROS:
    From an interview in Japan:

P.K.: Who’s your favorite Star Wars character, whether from your time as a fan or as a director?

Abrams: It’s Han Solo.

P.K.: That was quick!

Abrams: Everybody loves Han, right? I mean, his first appearance in Episode 4 is just the best…He’s a nihilistic, shy, unique, rash scoundrel, but he also has a strong sense of justice.

By the way, who’s your favorite character?

P.K.: Me? Ahsoka Tano. Sorry for picking someone who only appears in the animated stuff [Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels], but I really like her positive, determined personality.

Abrams: Hmmm, Ahsoka, huh? Well then you’ll probably want to watch closely during The Rise of Skywalker.

P.K.: Wh-whoa-wait-whaaaaaaaaaat?

Abrams: Hahaha, well, enjoy the movie!

https://soranews24.com/2019/12/14/j-j-abrams-tells-us-fan-fav-jedi-may-make-first-ever-live-action-appearance-in-rise-of-skywalker/?fbclid=IwAR3Hwt8BtjoiOoKJnKjCnq0Zj7E_b9EqrL0o-894wCeZPqYvkWu6fwg1B28

Also, the whole voices thing came from MakingStarWars:
    No force ghosts confirmed in the last act of the film but disembodied voices of living and dead characters:

Those appearing to Rey:

1. Anakin Skywalker (Voiced by Hayden, not Matt, Hayden would likely match Matt's tone, at this point anyway)

2. Luke Skywalker

3. Leia Organa

4. Yoda

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi

6. Ahsoka Tano

7. Ezra Bridger

8. Maz Kanata

The last 3 have had some association with the original 5 and have demonstrated some efforts to
    maintaining the Jedi legacy post-ROTS so it makes sense they are the other Force-sensitives that would
    appear as voices similar to what happened with the voices of the Mortis gods, Chirrut, Jyn, Poe, Rey, and
    Kylo in the World Between Worlds in Rebels last year.

With Kylo Ren: Some form of Han will appearing to him before he returns to the light to fight the undead
    Sheev, who is revealed to be Rey's Grandfather.

The voices of Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, and Kanan Jarrus appearing are unconfirmed for now.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/11/is-anakin-skywalker-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-any-other-jedi/
  • OoiiHooked_22
    5136 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    @Lawnmow3rMan ayyyyy I just told y’all she was gonna be in the movie 😈😈😈

Welcome back my friend 😈

For our brothers!

efuyyhjp25kz.png

Whats her name? Asking for a friend
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Ryu_Tano94 wrote: »

Welcome back my friend 😈

For our brothers!

efuyyhjp25kz.png

Whats her name? Asking for a friend

LOL I have no idea. Just thought it was funny
  • ZephanUnbound
    3636 posts Member
    edited December 2019

P.K.: Who’s your favorite Star Wars character, whether from your time as a fan or as a director?

Abrams: Everybody loves Han, right? I mean, his first appearance in Episode 4 is just the best…He’s a nihilistic, shy, unique, rash scoundrel, but he also has a strong sense of justice.

P.K.: Me? Ahsoka Tano. Sorry for picking someone who only appears in the animated stuff [Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels], but I really like her positive, determined personality.

Abrams: Hmmm, Ahsoka, huh? Well then you’ll probably want to watch closely during The Rise of Skywalker.

https://soranews24.com/2019/12/14/j-j-abrams-tells-us-fan-fav-jedi-may-make-first-ever-live-action-appearance-in-rise-of-skywalker/?fbclid=IwAR3Hwt8BtjoiOoKJnKjCnq0Zj7E_b9EqrL0o-894wCeZPqYvkWu6fwg1B28

No force ghosts confirmed in the last act of the film but disembodied voices of living and dead characters:

Those appearing to Rey:

1. Anakin Skywalker (Voiced by Hayden, not Matt, Hayden would likely match Matt's tone, at this point anyway)

2. Luke Skywalker

3. Leia Organa

4. Yoda

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi

6. Ahsoka Tano

7. Ezra Bridger

8. Maz Kanata

The last 3 have had some association with the original 5 and have demonstrated some efforts to
    maintaining the Jedi legacy post-ROTS so it makes sense they are the other Force-sensitives that would
    appear as voices similar to what happened with the voices of the Mortis gods, Chirrut, Jyn, Poe, Rey, and

With Kylo Ren: Some form of Han will appearing to him before he returns to the light to fight the undead

The voices of Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, and Kanan Jarrus appearing are unconfirmed for now.

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/11/is-anakin-skywalker-in-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-any-other-jedi/

Not surprised. Disney knows that she has a ton of fans. Ahsoka merchandise is among their bestselling character based merch. I was on a toy aisle at a department store the other day and saw that they still stock Ahsoka figures when her last on-screen appearance was 2 and half years ago. She was one of only a handful of characters that Disney chose to stock plushies of at Galaxy's Edge.
  • lowell
    2405 posts Member
    Also, managed to find a few other things that would show why JJ would also likely want to integrate stuff from other mediums into the last chapter of the Skywalker Saga:

Pics from TCW movie premiere that he went with his son (guessing the one's that's co-writing the Spider-Man mini-series with him at Marvel)

jjabramsfanreactions_620_012513.jpg

MV5BMTEwOTEyMjM3NTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDMyMjU0ODE@._V1_.jpg

jj-abrams-star-wars-the-clone-wars-premiere-at-the-egyptian-theater-C0K6AH.jpg

Chris Terrio, co-writer of Justice League and TROS with JJ Abrams had something to say about the canon when writing the script:

"Interviewer-J.J. told me he was really impressed by the level of familiarity you had with Star Wars beyond the films — the books, the cartoons, the comic books. How did that knowledge play into the tasks at hand for this movie?

Christ Terro-It’s sort of a multivariable equation, because if you look hard enough, so many directions in which you could take the story have already been done, and done really well, by novelists or comic book writers or [longtime Lucasfilm director/producer] Dave Filoni and his collaborators in TV shows. So you want to find new paths, but you also want to be informed by all these really good ideas that have come before. For example, the Timothy Zahn novels are really great. I think the Aftermath novels [by Chuck Wendig] are really great. There are episodes of Clone Wars or Rebels [which Filoni spearheaded] that are as good as anything I’ve seen. So you sort of take all that in."

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/star-wars-skywalker-chris-terrio-interview-925410/

This other interview with Terrio was also interesting:

"Interviewer-You mentioned identifying loose ends from throughout the saga. How daunting does it become getting everything into a single movie?

Chris Terrio-I think that, by my last count, there were 24 character arcs in the movie. Twenty-four characters whose stories had sort of beginning, middle, and end. So it’s daunting, but also, we would tell ourselves that this is just the history of the galaxy. It’s not like we’ve got to make up some confection in order to fit in certain things. We said, “No, this is what happened. This is the battle that happened. This was the chance that they took. This was the plan.”

We would almost write it the way that I would write nonfiction. A lot of my past work was, like, historical drama and stuff like that. You write it in the way that you would write any world historical event or galaxy historical event, which is to say that there are all these interwoven strands and all these little moving pieces. But they all contribute to the end goal. It was daunting, but we could have written — I mean, it would have killed us — but we could have written three more movies. When we were in the room, we just wanted it to keep going. We wanted to keep exploring where things go. And yet, with this film, we also wanted to keep reminding ourselves that one of the things George said on [A New Hope] very early on was that the characters have to constantly be imperiled and constantly have to keep moving. The characters have to keep moving. You separate the characters, bring them together, separate them, bring them together, and you keep going, keep going, keep going. So that was our other directive to ourselves, which is just to keep the story moving. "

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/2019/12/5/20996444/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-ending-chris-terrio-interview-skywalker-saga

Plus, there was this tweet on how he worked with Pablo, who's one of the Story Group:

• I’m more hyped for ventress 😈😈. I forsure need the “that’s okay, red really isn’t my color” voice interaction from Obiwan in some form 🤘🏻. Hilarious

Those appearing to Rey:

2. Luke Skywalker

3. Leia Organa

4. Yoda

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi

6. Ahsoka Tano

7. Ezra Bridger

8. Maz Kanata

Now thats very interesting and awesome to hear.