criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Community Transmission - Another Night on Endor Update & Release Notes

Replies

• MC_XIX wrote: »
    Why is Kylo's Resilience card being nerfed for the damage reduction it gives? Big Deal grants teammates 50% damage reduction, 140 extra health, faster health regen and faster cool downs courtesy of Finn, yet you decide to nerf Kylo's damage reduction from 20% to 10%?

I just don't get it anymore. I really don't. Kylo doesn't need any nerfs, Finn and Luke do!

It gives troop 20% damage reduction not 50% and gives troops 115 extra health not 140, and yes Kylo didn't need a nerf but neither do Finn and Luke

It gives 50% dude
  • I'm very pleased with this update, I will be happy when I will play this game again on christmas!
    Video games, music and movies for life!
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    "Blaster shots now drain stamina of blocking Heroes based on weapon damage, instead of a fixed value."

Oh snap, now THIS is a game changer!

My only question is does that mean HvV is gonna be dominated by the blaster heroes? Like do we have proportions on how much stamina hero blasters drain compared to others
  • Release time?
  • Time and Size for god sake?
  • Derelderp
    178 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Also:

You forgot to gix the "Kill 30 heroes as a special unit" challenge not working in Co-op
    (And yes, all other Kill X Challenges do work in co-op, its not a feature, its indeed a bug)

Edit: Also, once again an update where you cant spend your credits.
    (Han would be a downgrad to current higher priced / better looking available han skins)
    Stop bounding skins to challenges or at least make the challenges an actual challenge.
    F.ex for the upcomming one instead of requiring 10 kills make it at least a 1000.

Or: Make it 500 kills to unlock the skin beeing buyable at all and then players still have to buy it for 80k.
    That would actually be very cool.
    -> You have to take a challenge if you want a specific skin, giving it some represenative value AND you can spend your credits at the same time. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me.
  • The Luke announcement is awesome! Will the same thing come to the other Skins and emotes?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Versatti
    2196 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Loving the trooper content this month, especially yet another nerf to the Officer class. /sarcasmoff

Really looking forward to that new game mode to... Redundant vs Heroes.
  • Kjong93
    3 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Nice patch DICE. But please troopers need some love, rebalancing star cards or some new weapons. DICE PLS <3
  • On the paper, it looks like an excellent update.
    I can't wait to see how gameplay is improved for heroes !
    Defense for coop mode !
    Han classic skin !

@F8RGE Thanks the team and you for all the work ! Keep on !

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • Hurray for the bug fixes!
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Most of these changes are fine, but...giving Heroes health every time they slaughter us regular troopers now? C'mon. So they can go on their rampage even longer, further ruining the fun. Already hard enough to take them down which you have to do as a team basically.

And, nerfing the Officer's flash grenade. It's a flash grenade. It's suppose to be blinding. Now you're reducing that? Great DICE, just great.
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    no changes for boba's rocket launcher ??? it is so slooowww now .
    Yes where is the boba and Vader reverts. I miss having my favorite character be viable in anyway for HvV #bobalife

• Most of these changes are fine, but...giving Heroes health every time they slaughter us regular troopers now? C'mon. So they can go on their rampage even longer, further ruining the fun. Already hard enough to take them down which you have to do as a team basically.

I think they always did?! With the individual star cards and now passive health on kill.
  • i keep getting kicked out after the round is over! error 1017
    and the bugs and tech issues page wont load so theres that
  • Increased the speed of the Predator Instincts animation, reducing its duration by 0.5 seconds.

Finally. :)

giphy.gif

• I wish that that they made mod with no gunners in Heroes Vs. Villains or something where we can choose that dont play with gunners. I know that this option can be made on server but how i can choose that server????
  • Awesome stuff, DICE! Updating as I type this. Can't wait to give this a go!
    "All wings report in."
  • They should have called it the quality update! Nice job DICE.
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 27
    BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Awesome stuff, DICE! Updating as I type this. Can't wait to give this a go!
    Thanks you guys! All great changes, and like the gifs embedded in the Transmission showing the skin details!
    Awesome patch! Thanks Dice, keep up the good work. The future is looking great!

Yes thanks for the new Jump Trooper skin.
    Just waiting for vehicles, Commandos and Droidekas for "Instant Action" and of course other eras.

We received A.I. enemy Commandoes in this patch for "Co-Op".
    Will vehicles and Additional A.I. reinforcements (Clone Commandos and droidekas) be added to "CO-OP" in this upate?

We received A.I. enemy Commandoes in this patch for "Co-Op".

Thanks for the surprise A.I. Commando enemies, very cool DICE, way to be. 😎👍🏼
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • A revamped Ewok Hunt? Is this why Extraction has been thrown under a bus??
    Jesus.

Extraction shares a playlist with Strike to get more people to play it.
  • @F8RGE
    Launch day player here. Just made an account to let you guys know that this update broke something on Xbox.
    For whatever reason, it crashes between matches in Heroes vs. Villain. It makes the game almost unplayable.
  • GoodBytes
    159 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Undocumented CO-OP changes:
    • There is now a 12 second respawn timer.
    • Command posts have moved, again.
    • AI primary weapon damage to the player has increased (but AI bots still prefer to spam abilities).
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • I thought it was about time I made an account here, just to leave some positive feedback. This seems like a very thoughful patch and I am happy to be playing a game with such caring devs.

On another note. Is anyone else experiencing absolutely blinding lens flares on Felucia? Sorry if that's too off-topic, but I didn't feel like starting a thread because of one question.
  • @F8RGE thank you for reducing the flash on the Officer's Flash Grenade. Good call on that one!
    "Rise."
  • The_Meme_Lord
    197 posts Member
    edited October 23
    I heard the event was starting Friday and the quest would be to get 10 kills in Ewok Hunt, but why isnt that mentioned in this announcement?
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Cyro
    385 posts Member
    Okay sorry but WHY did you feel like you gotta force in more skins on COOP/SP Bots?? I LOVED how you only could fight Geonosis Battledroids like in BF2, but now suddenly we have some Tan-Colored randomly thrown in as well! And with the republic it's not all white P1 troopers like in the movies anymore, now it's randomly white or 212th....

would you just finally DECIDE for what style you want to go here? you already ignored immersion in every MP mode, so please just make the COOP and SP immersive! christ....
  • Can we please get Extraction back to its own tile and more maps??
  • 1e4ae1daee173ce078df8afa1d426a3b.png
    NICE!
    But...
    Green visor not canon?
  • This wont be the only reinforcement appearance this year, right? I think its basically a requirement to have Clone Commando Skins.
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • That new 501 jet trooper skin looks awesome
    I'm usually on the Dead by Daylight forums
  • @F8RGE @T0TALfps

Current issues since patch release:

1. Constant 3 bar connection icon in upper right hand corner of screen. This was not present before the patch.

2. Game crashes randomly (PC/XBOX/PS4) more often now than before the patch.

3. Constant lag in main menu, loading screen and during game play.

4. Troopers consistently jitter and stutter during gameplay even when there is no "connection issue".

5. Distracting "NEW OBJECTIVE" and "(INSERT OBJECTIVE )" in middle of screen. More UI clutter the community did not ask for. And it's annoying we get to view that every...time...we...respawn. We know what the objective is, because it's labeled below the UI HUD on top of the screen and we have voice overs to inform us what the next objective is. Why keep beating a dead horse? Be mindful, SWBF2 is 2 years old, objectives have not changed since then.

6. Rank Up UI Icon still not resolved. Not sure why this did not make it into the QoL changes since it's another layer of distraction to gameplay and you've added more fuel to the fire along with #5. We need "Options" to turn on/off UI displays instead of just adding them to the game w/o removing others. How much clutter do you want in this game? It's not fun. This is why more and more players are adding the Improved UI Mod from Nexus Mods so they don't have to deal with all these distractions. Take some time to research what these modders are creating and maybe you'll understand why and apply it to SWBF2. It just makes the game "that much better". Isn't that what you "developers" are trying to do? Get away from APEX, CoD MW, BFV or Fortnite flashy notifications, let those games deal with that, we don't need it in SWBF2.

Myself and I'm sure many others are struggling to deal with failed attempts for this game, really, I am. I haven't played BFV in weeks only b/c I got bored of it but The Pacific content will bring me back. I turned to SWBF2 mainly because it's Star Wars. It just keeps getting more and more difficult for me to keep my interest in this game due to sloppy cut corner work. We don't need to be your game testers to tell you what's wrong with your product, it's not the players who are failing you, you are failing yourselves for not putting more effort testing the game for Quality Assurance (QA).

I wouldn't hand my Commanding Officer (CO) a half drafted Navigational Chart for him to approve when it's not finished. :/
    PC Specs: i7-9600k / RTX 2060 6G / GIGABYTE Z390 UD MOBO / EVGA 650BQ 650w PSU / MSI Oculux 24" G-SYNC Monitor / Corsair Vengeance 16G DDR4 RAM / 500G SATA III SSD / Logitech G502 Mouse / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Kraken 7.1 v2 Headset / Windows 10 Home.
  • Good job DICE keep it coming i love it...

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    "Blaster shots now drain stamina of blocking Heroes based on weapon damage, instead of a fixed value."

Oh snap, now THIS is a game changer!

LOVE this

I have always said that the game needs it

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• This update sounds so good. So many great changes, albeit I was a bit apprehensive and jumped to conclusions that it would be terrible. I take it back. The only real changes that bother me a lot are these, because they are completely for casuals:

HERO CHANGES
    • Hero abilities will not get cancelled, when Heroes are hit with melee attacks. A melee attack right after a Lightsaber attack should not stagger the player.
    • Pass on all Hero abilities, letting players use them during or after being staggered, depending on the ability.

Smarter use of abilities should pushed. Not just using them however you want. A player hitting you in the face with a laser sword should break your concentration and prevent you from pushing or repulsing or freezing them away. Although I want to punish spammers as much as anyone, this is just a cheesy and casual change to use abilities freely with less consequences behind not using your head. Casual

and this:
    • Reduced the time length of staggers when hit from behind by 0.15 seconds.

If you get staggered from an attack from behind, you should be punished for it, as the mistake was on your defense. The expose time should leave you vulnerable to one or even two more hits. You messed up and now you pay. Casual

Everything else sounds great, and I can't wait to try the game out

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Looks Good! However I wish consoles could atleast get a 25 v 25 on Instant action.
  • Glad to see they finally fixed the issue with getting kicked out of hero showdown while spectating.
  • Really like the Han skin, pretty much instantly bought 🤣 but I agree with the comments regarding his face. He needs a slight de-aging. Saying that, despite the character faces not being explicitly spot on to the live action actors in general, I feel like older Han's faces all need a little work. He looks kinda... lumpy.
  • Sbroffage
    740 posts Member
    edited October 24
    Did they fix the constant firing while ragdolled of the AI troopers in Co-op?
    I'm tired of being killed by troopers while I'm choking them with Maul or they're lying on the ground. Not to mention Chewbacca shooting from nowhere.

Don't bypass the swear filter ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • quenaelin
    1095 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Excellent update, stamina system is so much better after this patch and UI looks much better too with blinking health bar and damage reduction hearts, though UI feels quite bugged and is flashing sometimes.
  • So when is Yavin Luke challenge active?
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Your update screwed something up, every time I play, the game crashes, never happened before
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Nothing told me the dropship came to get us did this happen to anyone else?
  • Is anyone else having a problem when searching for a GA map? Keeps loading into a Naboo map waiting for 20 players on the other team while the one Im on is full
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having a problem when searching for a GA map? Keeps loading into a Naboo map waiting for 20 players on the other team while the one Im on is full

Yep just like what happen to HvV
  • Im sorry but this update is terrible, its causing the game to crash too.
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 26

Wow, lots of CPs were moved around in the update for Co-Op. I'm still trying to decide if I like where they moved them. I'll get back to you on that one.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • What is the special in-game event for Luke?
  • Chico
    493 posts Member
    Update is causing constant crashing and no acknowledgement from devs on this despite numerous posts.