criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Finn's 50% damage reduction for allies needs to be removed.

There seems to be an outrage over vaders choke having damage reduction & players hate that it's gone & some love it. Vader lost his 90% damage but, finn's 360 degree 50% damage reduction was more powerful than vaders choke especially in big modes. Base troopers have 600 health, reinforcements have around 850 health some 1k & heroes have 1200+. Finn gives allies unlimited firing, faster cooldowns, 110 bonus health & I believe faster health regen. 50% damage reduction is unneeded & is to powerful. If vader lost his damage reduction for an ability that affected 6 people at most Finn needs to lose his damage reduction that buffs entire rooms.

Replies

• There seems to be an outrage over vaders choke having damage reduction & players hate that it's gone & some love it. Vader lost his 90% damage but, finn's 360 degree 50% damage reduction was more powerful than vaders choke especially in big modes. Base troopers have 600 health, reinforcements have around 850 health some 1k & heroes have 1200+. Finn gives allies unlimited firing, faster cooldowns, 110 bonus health & I believe faster health regen. 50% damage reduction is unneeded & is to powerful. If vader lost his damage reduction for an ability that affected 6 people at most Finn needs to lose his damage reduction that buffs entire rooms.

I agree. He still gives the mentioned buffs excluding the DR. He also has another starcard that gives DR. Not to mention now we have Clone Commandoes too. Finn's 50% buff is one of the reasons why LS wins more easily on defense.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I agree. It needs to go.
  • It should not be removed. Changed maybe.

Swap it. Give Finn the 50% damage reduction then his effected team the 25% damage reduction.
  • I would be happy if Big Deal gave 15% mitigation. 15% still gives an advantage, without being oppressive, along with all the other buffs Big Deal gives. Commandos should also have 15%, or lose the ability to buff others.
  • This is what “the community” wanted - for Finn to have passive HoK and unrestricted movement. But his lack of HoK and limited mobility during Big Deal were the mitigating factors for that ability, so here come the nerfherders demanding Big Deal be nerfed.

I don’t care if he’s broken. Leave it alone. It was the community’s choice. I liked Finn the way he was, and Big Deal. Deal with it, it’s what you demanded.

This is what happens when you let the inmates run the asylum.

Lay off the KoolAid.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Agreed. Reduce it severely or remove it.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Yes, Finn's powerful team buffs that only make sense for an obvious leader and defender should be removed.

To Leia, where they belong.
  • Nerfs...! waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Somebody get these folks their blankey and warm milk.

Please nerf..! *snivel*
  • Afrom3istwr
    930 posts Member
    edited October 16
    There seems to be an outrage over vaders choke having damage reduction & players hate that it's gone & some love it. Vader lost his 90% damage but, finn's 360 degree 50% damage reduction was more powerful than vaders choke especially in big modes. Base troopers have 600 health, reinforcements have around 850 health some 1k & heroes have 1200+. Finn gives allies unlimited firing, faster cooldowns, 110 bonus health & I believe faster health regen. 50% damage reduction is unneeded & is to powerful. If vader lost his damage reduction for an ability that affected 6 people at most Finn needs to lose his damage reduction that buffs entire rooms.

Been asking for it for well over a year now, but apparently the "community" never asked for it, even though it's had several posts with hundreds of views and dozens of comments.

Team damage reductions need to be nerfed big time. No team damage reduction should be above 15 percent. The reason for that is because when you center maps around choke points, more often than not the team with the high health pool wins out. On GA, four buffed players including Finn is going to can handle 7-8 enemies alone. Thats before deadeye comes into effect. On top of that, the damage reduction also allows opponents to sit into dioxide gas, whether it's Bossk's or an Assault trooper.

To help counter balance the Damage Reduction nerf, Finn should have a HUD display or something for teammates when Big Deal is activated to helo attract more allies.

This make Finn's ability still powerful and unique, but it doesn't scew the health pools to such an extreme.
  • No...
  • MC_XIX
    2086 posts Member
    Yes. 100% yes. How can the devs possibly think that 90% damage reduction for 2.5 seconds with Vader's Choke (DR exclusive to only Vader) is better than:

- 50% damage reduction for all allies within a large 360 radius
    - bonus 110 - 130 health
    - much faster health regeneration
    - faster ability cool downs
    - no overheat on blaster weapons

Can someone clarify for me how Vader's very short damage reduction is better than all of the above? Hint: it isn't even close. Big Deal is the real overpowered ability, and Vader needed his damage reduction on Choke to counter the army of invincible troopers surrounding Finn. So, logically, the devs took this away from him. We can't have a villain powerful enough to challenge Finn's army, can we?
  • im amazed big deal has been allowed to be so overpowered for so long.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • This is what “the community” wanted - for Finn to have passive HoK and unrestricted movement. But his lack of HoK and limited mobility during Big Deal were the mitigating factors for that ability, so here come the nerfherders demanding Big Deal be nerfed.

I don’t care if he’s broken. Leave it alone. It was the community’s choice. I liked Finn the way he was, and Big Deal. Deal with it, it’s what you demanded.

Lay off the KoolAid.

Nope. I’m not on KoolAid, or anything else. I’m tired of the perpetual nerf-and-buff cycle and sense of entitlement resulting from the devs giving in to the game design wishes of people who aren’t game designers. The game is a train wreck because of it, and I’ll continue to speak my mind about it.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    im amazed big deal has been allowed to be so overpowered for so long.

There’s a couple reasons for this.

Finn is a boring hero and he’s not offensively strong by himself (like Ani or Luke is), so you don’t see him very often. With him being seen so little, the strength of Big Deal is not seen often.

Moreover, not many know what Big Deal actually does. It’s not really made clear anywhere.

Because of these reasons, it’s not complained about. If something isn’t complained about for at least sixth months, it won’t be adjusted (see; Barrage, Speeders, Choke being dodgeable for examples).

Finn is a boring hero and he’s not offensively strong by himself (like Ani or Luke is), so you don’t see him very often. With him being seen so little, the strength of Big Deal is not seen often.

Moreover, not many know what Big Deal actually does. It’s not really made clear anywhere.

Because of these reasons, it’s not complained about. If something isn’t complained about for at least sixth months, it won’t be adjusted (see; Barrage, Speeders, Choke being dodgeable for examples).

He absolutely ruins GA.
  • Absolutely it should make allies take 50% more damage!

He absolutely ruins GA.

Yes, thank you for the insight. I’m fully aware.

I have also thought the inmates have been running things.
  • To break through you need a brave villain to push the objective not just kill farm.

Preach. I love when one of my buddies breaks him out in HvV. Not my favorite to play but I love being alongside him. Hes a free kill in HvV though if his team doesnt stay by him.
  • MC_XIX
    2086 posts Member
    To break through you need a brave villain to push the objective not just kill farm.

None of the villains are powerful enough to do that anymore.

Vader was the only one who had the health pool and abilities strong enough to kill Finn's army. And it takes both to break through.

Palps just zips around tickling everyone and not getting any meaningful kills.

Boba flies in and dies instantly.

Bossk van try to force enemies out with his Dioxis and grenades, but once the enemies realise they aren't taking any damage at all they will stay put. Plus, Anakin, Luke and Kenobi destroy Bossk if they catch him.

Iden's Secondary Fire is good, but it can only do so much damage without putting Iden in the line of fire. She doesn't last more than a second when charging an objective.

Kylo is perhaps the one DS villain capable of disrupting an enemy team. Force Pull and Freeze can be deadly to enemy heroes, and Frenzy is great against troopers. However, against buffed troopers, Kylo simply isn't tanky enough to take on a group and survive.

Maul - see Palps. May annoy some people by spin attacking them to death, but has no chance at beating a buffed team.

Phasma - no. Just no. Her blaster has a slow TTK and her droid can't help a team push forward, even with it now being portable.

Grievous...meh. He's tanky, yeah, but if Claw Rush doesn't kill enemies that it hits he will die quickly. UA isn't any good against a defensive team. He doesn't have the stamina to take on a group of powered up infantry.

Dooku is just trash in GA. A terrible pick.

There are genuinely no villains capable of beating a LS team that is buffed by Finn. It takes an almighty combined effort from a group of 4 villains to stand any chance. And even then, said villains have to contend with Luke one-shotting their team and Anakin running around rag rolling everyone to death. It's horrendously unbalanced.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    To break through you need a brave villain to push the objective not just kill farm.

None of the villains are powerful enough to do that anymore.

Vader was the only one who had the health pool and abilities strong enough to kill Finn's army. And it takes both to break through.

Palps just zips around tickling everyone and not getting any meaningful kills.

Boba flies in and dies instantly.

Bossk van try to force enemies out with his Dioxis and grenades, but once the enemies realise they aren't taking any damage at all they will stay put. Plus, Anakin, Luke and Kenobi destroy Bossk if they catch him.

Iden's Secondary Fire is good, but it can only do so much damage without putting Iden in the line of fire. She doesn't last more than a second when charging an objective.

Kylo is perhaps the one DS villain capable of disrupting an enemy team. Force Pull and Freeze can be deadly to enemy heroes, and Frenzy is great against troopers. However, against buffed troopers, Kylo simply isn't tanky enough to take on a group and survive.

Maul - see Palps. May annoy some people by spin attacking them to death, but has no chance at beating a buffed team.

Phasma - no. Just no. Her blaster has a slow TTK and her droid can't help a team push forward, even with it now being portable.

Grievous...meh. He's tanky, yeah, but if Claw Rush doesn't kill enemies that it hits he will die quickly. UA isn't any good against a defensive team. He doesn't have the stamina to take on a group of powered up infantry.

There are genuinely no villains capable of beating a LS team that is buffed by Finn. It takes an almighty combined effort from a group of 4 villains to stand any chance. And even then, said villains have to contend with Luke one-shotting their team and Anakin running around rag rolling everyone to death. It's horrendously unbalanced.
    The villains need Thrawn
  • Meerkat
    111 posts Member
    edited October 16
    MC_XIX wrote: »

It's true and it makes me sad.
  • It relies on teammates not being disabled and actually sticking around for the full Deal. Something exceedingly rare.

Even more so in HvV
    Heart of darkness beateth, Ultima
    Iron enigma treateth, Ultima
    Shielding light retreateth, Ultima
    Hydaelyn defeated. Ah, Ultima

The fact is that if you're running it's because you suck, and the game shouldn't pander to players who suck.

y6qvidach2x9.png

"I have never died to a Finn"
  • KresusFIN wrote: »
    It relies on teammates not being disabled and actually sticking around for the full Deal. Something exceedingly rare.

Even more so in HvV

Nope it's overpowered & not hard to buff allies since it's 360 & can be made bigger & most maps are choke point heavy
  • This is neat, people previously at odds over the Vader change came together here to agree on something. It's like we found one of the root issues with GA or something.
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    This is neat, people previously at odds over the Vader change came together here to agree on something. It's like we found one of the root issues with GA or something.

A real eye opener
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Exactly.

This is hard to beat so nerf it. Oh wait, it had an unforeseen consequence over here, so make this other adjustment. Dang! Now this is OP so you must buff that over there...

Blah, blah, blah..

Except for a scant few ideas, most of the adjustments made to appease the community have done more harm than good.

realta333 wrote: »
    Literally another butt hurt player. Community, please do NOT listen to this man, Finn is NOT a problem, no more UNNECESSARY nerfs are needed. Finn is not OP. The only thing OP in this game at the moment is the officer, which has been OP since launch. Nerf that instead of fulfilling this players wishes who can't fight against Finn, one of the weakest heroes in the game.

Not at the moment, it’s been this way since launch. The Officer class is the single biggest exploit this has ever had, and it was by design what’s more! It’s working as intended! They tried to adjust it but all the did was put a bandaid on a tumor. And do you know why? Because the Officer class is the absolute fastest and most consistent way to get a... you guessed it... a hero first. I mean look at the thread titles. Hero hero hero hero hero hero. Even this one. Funniest part is, there’s usually only 4 heroes being played in a lobby of 40! Sometimes 8. This is the single biggest reason this game is what it is. A triple A failure.

realta333 wrote: »
    Literally another butt hurt player. Community, please do NOT listen to this man, Finn is NOT a problem, no more UNNECESSARY nerfs are needed. Finn is not OP. The only thing OP in this game at the moment is the officer, which has been OP since launch. Nerf that instead of fulfilling this players wishes who can't fight against Finn, one of the weakest heroes in the game.

You’re right of course, but it will fall on deaf ears, my man...

Deaf ears.
  • They have made the change that damage reductions no longer stack. Also Finn Big Deal is not constant, it has a cool down.

Since the last update I accidently picked Vader instead of Bossk on Naboo. I was able to break the line and open the doors with the help of my team. We just had to strategically break through and time attacks.

I almost never play Vader in GA, but I was able to take out three heroes.
  • They have made the change that damage reductions no longer stack. Also Finn Big Deal is not constant, it has a cool down.

Since the last update I accidently picked Vader instead of Bossk on Naboo. I was able to break the line and open the doors with the help of my team. We just had to strategically break through and time attacks.

Careful... If you start talking about success as being a function of gameplay instead of hero design mechanics, the mob will pounce.

He has cards that allow him to have big deal every 11 seconds
  • realta333 wrote: »

Please shut up. You have no clue about game balance at all. The darkside has no team support abilities yet Finn gives troopers hero health. I select Finn when I want to cheese & he's one of my favorite characters cause players don't think he's top tier
  • It's really all he is good for though. His blaster is decent at best due to the terrible forced zoom. He would need some serious buffs to make up for losing the best thing about him.
  • I said this before, give Captain Phasma (which is his in-game counterpart) a team boost. They gave her a blaster heat boost- NOT ENOUGH.
  • It's really all he is good for though. His blaster is decent at best due to the terrible forced zoom. He would need some serious buffs to make up for losing the best thing about him.

I'd say give,him 50% damage reduction with big deal & increase his rate of fire

Exactly.

This is hard to beat so nerf it. Oh wait, it had an unforeseen consequence over here, so make this other adjustment. Dang! Now this is OP so you must buff that over there...

Blah, blah, blah..

Except for a scant few ideas, most of the adjustments made to appease the community have done more harm than good.

Nailed it.
  • especially when you can glitch it to stay active forever lololololololol
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    especially when you can glitch it to stay active forever lololololololol

Shhhhhhhhh.

I don’t want anyone finding out about this, lol. I’m happy that most players think Finn is trash. Last thing I want is more people knowing about this.
  • I can understand it being annoying in GA, but what about HvV? He is already one of the worst heroes to pick in HvV. Taking away one of the only things that makes him viable is not a good idea. He basically is a free kill.

I'd say give,him 50% damage reduction with big deal & increase his rate of fire

Him and all the other heroes with crazy superzoom scopes should either have them dialed back a bit or changed to dual zoom (or triple zoom!), they zoom in so much it's actually impractical in most situations. Even on the proper sniper weapons, you just aren't often that far away to need count-their-nose-hairs levels of magnification. Heck, some maps don't even give you enough clearance to get that far away if you wanted to.
  • Should keep this discussion going considering tomorrow's patch will not be addressing it in any way.
  • MC_XIX
    2086 posts Member
    Community: Finn's 50% damage reduction needs a big nerf or flat out removal

DICE: nerfs Kylo Ren's Damage Reduction from 20% to 10%.

o8futib853ib.gif
  • Nerf kylo's 20% damage reduction but not finn's:/ @F8RGE