criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

No Chiss Officer? Why!!

Imperial skins are lacking, I’m surprised the Hero designers people are not in the game

Replies

  • To be fair, aliens of all kinds weren't treated well by the Empire, whether as civilians or within the Empire itself. Thrawn himself was Grand Admiral and basically exiled to the Unknown reaches for not being human. Not because of his tactical mind and skill.
  • DarthJ
    6770 posts Member
    @Darth_Cerebus Weren't Chiss almost seen as a mythical race too?

    It wouldn't make sense to see 13 Chiss officers running around
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Chem0
    182 posts Member
    To be fair, aliens of all kinds weren't treated well by the Empire, whether as civilians or within the Empire itself. Thrawn himself was Grand Admiral and basically exiled to the Unknown reaches for not being human. Not because of his tactical mind and skill.

    Thrawn wasn't exiled from Empire, not in current canon. He didn't get treated equally by his fellow imperial naval commanders but since he had basically direct contact with Palpatine, they really didn't openly oppose him.
    He is currently MIA with Ezra in canon.
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    To be fair, aliens of all kinds weren't treated well by the Empire, whether as civilians or within the Empire itself. Thrawn himself was Grand Admiral and basically exiled to the Unknown reaches for not being human. Not because of his tactical mind and skill.

    Thrawn wasn't exiled from Empire, not in current canon. He didn't get treated equally by his fellow imperial naval commanders but since he had basically direct contact with Palpatine, they really didn't openly oppose him.
    He is currently MIA with Ezra in canon.

    THat's a stupid change. Now he's way less impressive.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1543 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Chem0 wrote: »
    To be fair, aliens of all kinds weren't treated well by the Empire, whether as civilians or within the Empire itself. Thrawn himself was Grand Admiral and basically exiled to the Unknown reaches for not being human. Not because of his tactical mind and skill.

    Thrawn wasn't exiled from Empire, not in current canon. He didn't get treated equally by his fellow imperial naval commanders but since he had basically direct contact with Palpatine, they really didn't openly oppose him.
    He is currently MIA with Ezra in canon.

    THat's a stupid change. Now he's way less impressive.

    Not really. His impressiveness is based on his mental acumen, not because of how mean people were to him when he was up and coming. I could care less how many meanies there were. I just want stories about the legendary war strategist that is Thrawn

    And you would think only the brightest and most accomplished Officers would be in charge of something called the "Unknown" Regions. While the mediocre personnel get stationed where they will remain a non asset; e.g. Coruscant.

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • DarthJ wrote: »
    @Darth_Cerebus Weren't Chiss almost seen as a mythical race too?

    It wouldn't make sense to see 13 Chiss officers running around

    I don't think they're mythical. They just isolate themselves to their empire as far as I know. Your point stands of course

    And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

    he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours


  • "No Chiss Officer? Why!!"
    Because there was only one Chiss in the entire Imperial Navy, that's why.
    The Chiss are not a common race in the Empire, hence why they won't and shouldn't be in this game in any capacity.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • DarthJ
    6770 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    @Darth_Cerebus Weren't Chiss almost seen as a mythical race too?

    It wouldn't make sense to see 13 Chiss officers running around

    I don't think they're mythical. They just isolate themselves to their empire as far as I know. Your point stands of course

    Yeah thats what I meant by almost seen as mythical. In that they are rarely seen to the point where others are in shock or awe when they see one.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Chem0 wrote: »
    To be fair, aliens of all kinds weren't treated well by the Empire, whether as civilians or within the Empire itself. Thrawn himself was Grand Admiral and basically exiled to the Unknown reaches for not being human. Not because of his tactical mind and skill.

    Thrawn wasn't exiled from Empire, not in current canon. He didn't get treated equally by his fellow imperial naval commanders but since he had basically direct contact with Palpatine, they really didn't openly oppose him.
    He is currently MIA with Ezra in canon.

    THat's a stupid change. Now he's way less impressive.

    Not really. His impressiveness is based on his mental acumen, not because of how mean people were to him when he was up and coming. I could care less how many meanies there were. I just want stories about the legendary war strategist that is Thrawn

    And you would think only the brightest and most accomplished Officers would be in charge of something called the "Unknown" Regions. While the mediocre personnel get stationed where they will remain a non asset; e.g. Coruscant.

    I preferred it when he was basically exiled because he was non-human as the Empire does to pretty much everywhere, and still continues to be the best he could be and maintain his post off of his brilliant strategies and tactical prowess instead of his standing with the Emperor being a thing and more than likely playing a big point. Just less impressive having ties to the big guy than it is being badas enough to stay high up despite being something your government couldn't care less about.
  • "No Chiss Officer? Why!!"
    Because there was only one Chiss in the entire Imperial Navy, that's why.
    The Chiss are not a common race in the Empire, hence why they won't and shouldn't be in this game in any capacity.

    Although I will say, Thrawn and Ackbar as heroes in Starfighter Assault bringing in their cruisers would be unbelievably fantastic. Abilities are just weapon swaps, with heavy cannons, anti-fighter turrets, and a big AoE buff to your team. Just imagine hearing one of them chime in over the comms, then see their flagship warp in. That would be intense no matter which side you're on.
  • Chem0
    182 posts Member
    Chem0 wrote: »
    To be fair, aliens of all kinds weren't treated well by the Empire, whether as civilians or within the Empire itself. Thrawn himself was Grand Admiral and basically exiled to the Unknown reaches for not being human. Not because of his tactical mind and skill.

    Thrawn wasn't exiled from Empire, not in current canon. He didn't get treated equally by his fellow imperial naval commanders but since he had basically direct contact with Palpatine, they really didn't openly oppose him.
    He is currently MIA with Ezra in canon.

    THat's a stupid change. Now he's way less impressive.

    Not really. His impressiveness is based on his mental acumen, not because of how mean people were to him when he was up and coming. I could care less how many meanies there were. I just want stories about the legendary war strategist that is Thrawn

    And you would think only the brightest and most accomplished Officers would be in charge of something called the "Unknown" Regions. While the mediocre personnel get stationed where they will remain a non asset; e.g. Coruscant.

    I preferred it when he was basically exiled because he was non-human as the Empire does to pretty much everywhere, and still continues to be the best he could be and maintain his post off of his brilliant strategies and tactical prowess instead of his standing with the Emperor being a thing and more than likely playing a big point. Just less impressive having ties to the big guy than it is being badas enough to stay high up despite being something your government couldn't care less about.

    You should read the new canon Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn. Thrawn, Thrawn Alliances and Thrawn Treason. Thou I haven't yet read the last part myself. Also Zahn is doing another trilogy from Thrawn and Chiss Ascendancy.
Sign In or Register to comment.