criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Does the scoreboard in HvV mean anything at all?

I just came first on the losing team. However everyone on the enemy team got above 10 elims. I died 9 times, had 2 elims. Had the worst team mates on earth. By the end of the game I was jumping off the edge of bespin so we could lose quicker. We ended up losing 30-0.

Yet I was second in combat score and 3rd on the scoreboard. Two players on their team didn't beat my points. What's the point of these eliminations and how does combat score work if I beat even one of the enemy team when I had 2 elims and 9 deaths.

Replies

• Sometimes I join in a GA game, and without even spawning in I would have like 36/40 objective score. I guess that means that some people didn’t pay the objective at all, but still, that’s pretty weird.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Sometimes I join in a GA game, and without even spawning in I would have like 36/40 objective score. I guess that means that some people didn’t pay the objective at all, but still, that’s pretty weird.

That would mean there are others that have joined around the same time you did, and also didn't spawn in. Yet they were on the losing team, and you would of got the obj points for being on the winning team when they capped the last phase objective.
  • I can decipher it for you if you show me examples. Here are a few common ones:

You are top scorer but have 4 kills and no assists. This means you had a missing teammate, an AFK teammate, and the other one was messing with the elevators on bespin the whole game. Despite this you laid down more damage than anyone in the game, 1v4, but since the other team ran in a pack to hang up on you, you could never finish one off since they would turtle up when wounded at all.

Another one .. all players have similar scores, but the kill count ended 25-0. This is because your team was missing one or two players the whole match, but 2/3s of the way in you got more teammates and they were decent, so the rest of the match was actually competitive. This is when matchmaking knows to take action to throw you back in an unbalanced or empty lobby.

If you show me more scoreboards I can decipher them for you. Happy to help.
  • It’s a direct representation of damage dealt & kills

More damage dealt / kills = higher school
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    It’s a direct representation of damage dealt & kills

More damage dealt / kills = higher school

Yeah so no point at all to combat score then. A player could do hit and run Saber hits for like 20 minutes and let the enemy health regenerate and only get 1 kill and rack up a very high score. Yet another guy could actually be effective and kill 10 players and not let the enemy health regen go back up and get kills.
  • mrnedburns wrote: »
    I can decipher it for you if you show me examples. Here are a few common ones:

You are top scorer but have 4 kills and no assists. This means you had a missing teammate, an AFK teammate, and the other one was messing with the elevators on bespin the whole game. Despite this you laid down more damage than anyone in the game, 1v4, but since the other team ran in a pack to hang up on you, you could never finish one off since they would turtle up when wounded at all.

Another one .. all players have similar scores, but the kill count ended 25-0. This is because your team was missing one or two players the whole match, but 2/3s of the way in you got more teammates and they were decent, so the rest of the match was actually competitive. This is when matchmaking knows to take action to throw you back in an unbalanced or empty lobby.

Sorry, I don't have scoreboards. I was pretty precise anyway.

I should have put in an emoji. My response was tongue-in-cheek.
  • Having more kills than someone else but being lower on the scoreboard is pretty cool. Also all of the stuff that gets less score than kills or even no score at all but is just as important to winning a match, like healing people at critical times as Yoda/Finn, using buffs to keep people in peak fighting condition, making a distraction or even sacrificing yourself to break a stalemate and put the other team on the defensive to win the match... there's a lot more to the story of a round than those numbers can tell.
    mrnedburns wrote: »

I should have put in an emoji. My response was tongue-in-cheek.

That's ok. I didn't mean my response badly or anything either haha
  • DiamondxStyles
    1658 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Scoreboard doesn't mean anything besides you accumulating a lot of damage
    uvcp05ets0rn.jpg

e.g. you could be Luke in a 1v4, dash between the four players on the enemy team, accumulate roughly 2 times the damage they accrue, but get killed and the score is -1 for your team with you having a higher or relative placement to any member of their team, provided you were able to do consistent damage every time you died till the tickets hit 0

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

That would mean there are others that have joined around the same time you did, and also didn't spawn in. Yet they were on the losing team, and you would of got the obj points for being on the winning team when they capped the last phase objective.
    Perhaps, but there’s also some cases where this happens and I’m the only one who doesn’t have any points. Oh well

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • I just came first on the losing team. However everyone on the enemy team got above 10 elims. I died 9 times, had 2 elims. Had the worst team mates on earth. By the end of the game I was jumping off the edge of bespin so we could lose quicker. We ended up losing 30-0.

Yet I was second in combat score and 3rd on the scoreboard. Two players on their team didn't beat my points. What's the point of these eliminations and how does combat score work if I beat even one of the enemy team when I had 2 elims and 9 deaths.

Score Points really don't mean anything when gauging player's performance in HvV (not that it works for other modes, but I only have experience to talk about HvV). It starts by giving extra points to some skills while not giving to others. One example is Rey's Insight, which gives her points for revealing enemies that die to your friends, something Finn's Undercover Team doesn't, despite providing the same effect. Healing abilities like Finn's Big Deal and Yoda's Presence don't award points at all, but Palpatine is a master at getting assist points for doing mediocre damage to every enemy with his Dark Aura.

So here we come to Point accumulators: These are characters that for some reason get lots of points naturally:
    - Rey with her insight giving points for enemies dying to your friends if they got revealed. Her Mind Trick also gives her points for affected enemies that get killed.
    - Han Solo with his really high damage gun, and his amazing Detonite, Han is a master at damaging enemies and getting points. Han is easily the Light Side best option to get points. He is likely to be the killer in most confrontations where he is getting an enemy together with his allies because of his high damage gun that can hit from afar and close and his detonite really high damage. He also gets lots of assists because of his detonite.
    - Lando with his intense fire rate with his pistol. If you play Lando, and doesn't stop shooting, you'll get loads of assist points, and these will definetly help you climb up the scoreboard.
    - Chewie with his splash damage can also get lots of assist points, and his furious bowcaster and charge slam also add to this. He was better at this in the past, but is still a good option to get points.
    - Palpatine he's the master of assist points, no other character is better at this then him: his lightning can hit multiple enemies if they are bunched together, chain lightning finds other enemies to hit if they aren't too far away, Dark Aura damages enemy in 360 degrees. Even doing low damage with most of his arsenal, Assist Points are really good and will allow Palpatine to be top on scoreboard if the player manages to stay alive and keep fighting most of the time. It's easy to go palpatine with 20 elims, just to find you only killed 3, and got 17 assists.
    - Bossk he competes very closely to palpatine in point gathering for his arsenal is insane when it comes to get points for anything really. Dioxis damaging over time awards points, mines can award points even if you forgot you had them somewhere but an enemy crossed them, his predatory instincts gives 80 points whenever you hit, and boosk also easily gets assist and kill points.
    - Iden Versio with her intense fire rate and secondary splash bomb, she can also get lots of points with assists and kills. Even her stun gives her 40 points for each enemy affected.

Boba is an honorable mention, as his rockets were the best way for him to get points, but with the recent nerf it's now horrible in this task.

Also if you play very well and damage a lot the enemies, it's normal for you to get top scoreboard, but all these mentioned above don't need to rely on usual tactics to get points, and have the best potential to be top scoreboard characters.

So here comes what on earth gives points. There are several ways to get points, but these are common to any character:
    Killing an enemy, Assist in Killing an enemy, Damaging an enemy, and Dying to a Hero/Villain. You get 100 points for Killing or Assist in Killing an enemy, 200 points for dying to a Hero/Villain, and the amount of damage you inflicted to any enemy as points (discarding the unit value, but rounding the tens up, i.e. if you do 152 damage, you'll actually get 160 points). All other ways to get points in HvV are character specific.

Now, staying alive instead of allowing to get killed, buying your team time by successfully staying alive against many enemies at once, helping teammates not get killed or get the kills, these don't award any points if you don't trigger any of the methods mentioned above. Kylo is a great example, one of the best teamplayers in the game, he gets nothing for freezing characters or pulling them. Many times when my team is worse then the enemy team, I get either of the 2 best support heroes in the game: Kylo and Anakin. With their CC ruled arsenal, they help alot making allies alive and slowing down enemies. As Kylo gets no points for doing this, most of the time I end up last place, but with Anakin I climb the scoreboard because everything he does awards damage points. This is not to say Kylo can't get top of scoreboard, but if you play more to help your team then to inflict damage and get kills, you'll end up bottom of the scoreboard.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • if you play more to help your team then to inflict damage and get kills, you'll end up bottom of the scoreboard.

Bolded this because so few people understand it.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1658 posts Member
    edited October 18
    As Kylo. . .

This is not to say Kylo can't get top of scoreboard, but if you play more to help your team then to inflict damage and get kills, you'll end up bottom of the scoreboard.
    -end

"Quote by JackSpanky -
    Bolded this because so few people understand it."
    -end

Fixed because otherwise this is contextomy

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Scoreboard doesn't mean anything besides you accumulating a lot of damage
    uvcp05ets0rn.jpg

e.g. you could be Luke in a 1v4, dash between the four players on the enemy team, accumulate roughly 2 times the damage they accrue, but get killed and the score is -1 for your team with you having a higher or relative placement to any member of their team, provided you were able to do consistent damage every time you died till the tickets hit 0

s3ce81ctr47j.gif
  • DiamondxStyles
    1658 posts Member
    edited October 18
    JackSpanky wrote: »
    Fine, you pedantic bratwurst:

"If you play more to help your team then to inflict damage and get kills, you'll end up bottom of the scoreboard."

-An entirely original and context-free truism by SWBF2 player JackSpanky, copyright MMXIX, void where prohibited, please stop using immediately and see a doctor if you experience rash, swelling or ***** lasting more than four hours.

Much much better, but now it's more of a negligent half truth.

if you're playing Anakin, Vader, especially the Grieve, or any shooters and such properly while helping the team, you'll end up near or at the top of the scoreboard. Obi Wan, and especially Kylo and Yoda less so

• IcedFreon
    876 posts Member
    edited October 18
    No there is no point. They need to bring back actual ranks. MVP etc. 1st to 5th just look at the damn scoreboard if you wanna know that! It's the everybody gets a trophy mentality.