criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Idea for Vader fix

2Next

Replies

• DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Sorry, on paper this idea seem good but in the end it miss the principal problem. The principal problem is that Vader is melted by the enemies that aren't hit by the choke. If you choke 2 enemies and you get 30% damage reduction bit there are other 6 players out of the range or behind you, 30% is nothing and you will be melted anyway

Yes bring back 90% on Choke so i can choke without thought. Even 30% is not enough for you lmao. Give me a break.

You are a heroes vs villains player. Thus nerf on Vader choke don't affect Vader in heroes vs villains but in Galactic Assault, so I don't know why you defend it so hard.
    Kenobi push have damage reduction, Anakin Retribution have damage reduction, and the same is true for Kylo and Grievous. Now tell me why the most sir duck ability in the fame (the choke) shouldn't have a damage reduction.
    Stop to say silly things.

Can't you just accept this is a good idea?
    He won’t stop until Vader is invulnerable.

And you won't stop until all heros are trash and on the same level as your previous troopers
    I won’t stop until the game is balanced, and thanks to people like you, it will never be.

Balanced for just HvV or GA as well.
    HvV, it’s not my fault DICE can’t separately balance

Bruh
    Am I wrong? They could easily change cooldowns, damage values, and damage reduction depending on the mode. I mainly play HvV and want balance for that mode. I cant help that the devs won’t bother with these fixes.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Chill they will give DR on Choke again, but not 90%
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Sorry, on paper this idea seem good but in the end it miss the principal problem. The principal problem is that Vader is melted by the enemies that aren't hit by the choke. If you choke 2 enemies and you get 30% damage reduction bit there are other 6 players out of the range or behind you, 30% is nothing and you will be melted anyway

Yes bring back 90% on Choke so i can choke without thought. Even 30% is not enough for you lmao. Give me a break.

You are a heroes vs villains player. Thus nerf on Vader choke don't affect Vader in heroes vs villains but in Galactic Assault, so I don't know why you defend it so hard.
    Kenobi push have damage reduction, Anakin Retribution have damage reduction, and the same is true for Kylo and Grievous. Now tell me why the most sir duck ability in the fame (the choke) shouldn't have a damage reduction.

And you won't stop until all heros are trash and on the same level as your previous troopers
    I won’t stop until the game is balanced, and thanks to people like you, it will never be.

Bruh
    Am I wrong? They could easily change cooldowns, damage values, and damage reduction depending on the mode. I mainly play HvV and want balance for that mode. I cant help that the devs won’t bother with these fixes.

You don't want balance then. The lightside is vastly superior to the darkside & the darkside characters need buffing.
  • this_old_mouse
    1840 posts Member
    edited October 18

Bruh

You don't want balance then. The lightside is vastly superior to the darkside & the darkside characters need buffing.
    Not in random HvV lobbies, which I play 75% of the time
    Edit: also, where did I say anything about the LS vs the DS anyway?
    PSN: this_old_mouse

Bruh

Not in random HvV lobbies, which I play 75% of the time
    Edit: also, where did I say anything about the LS vs the DS anyway?

I was talking about in GA where they are better by a lot & in random lobbies I win as lightside quite a bit. More or less balanced
  • It seems far smarter to address the Finn issue.

Anyway, as much as I love OP's idea, I'm almost positive Guillaume is just going to give blocking to Choke. As long as he doesn't drop the ball on being able to CC from behind.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • Atreus213 wrote: »
    It seems far smarter to address the Finn issue.

Anyway, as much as I love OP's idea, I'm almost positive Guillaume is just going to give blocking to Choke. As long as he doesn't drop the ball on being able to CC from behind.

Yup when he gets blocking while choking that'll be such a massive buff for every mode. Still think they should boost focused rage to 150 for GA though

Yup when he gets blocking while choking that'll be such a massive buff for every mode. Still think they should boost focused rage to 150 for GA though

Nah, he won't need it.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
    Atreus213 wrote: »

Nah, he won't need it.

With these choke points heavy maps I'd say he does. May be you're though
  • bfloo
    15957 posts Member

If you use choke in that situation, you deserve to be melted.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

If you use choke in that situation, you deserve to be melted.

Yes
  • I would like to see Vader’s choke work more like his Rogue One scene, where he can choke and throw enemies while blocking and attacking