criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

😐 Force Push, and Stun Spam (That's All HvV is)

Prev1
RainbowXii
147 posts Member
edited October 17
Decided to re-install Battlefront 2 too see if the game has gotten any better with hero play aspect (sense that's all they want to focus on). And surprise, surprise... everything wrong with HvV (or hero gameplay in general) has only gotten worst. You might as well change the name to: Force Wars

The current Battlefront 2 Hero experience is 'get tossed here" ... "get tossed there" ... "stun" "dead" ..."repeat"

(fun fact) 4 heroes x 3 abilities = 12 ...& 12 ÷ 60 seconds = 5 , Which means...

If you were stand still and let all 4 characters spam abilities on you for 1 minute, you would be hit with a Stun or Force Push every 5 seconds. That's insane.

No, ridiculous.

We need too see an increased cool down time for all hero abilities.. or something to reduce constant force tossing and stuns.

(i.e.) When all 4 heroes are within a certain distance of each other, all abilities should recover at a slower percentage.

Post edited by RainbowXii on

Replies

• Yeah, I think they should change it to if you get ragdolled once they cant ragdoll you again until you stand up to prevent constant ragdolling and stunning.
  • Yeah, I think they should change it to if you get ragdolled once they cant ragdoll you again until you stand up to prevent constant ragdolling and stunning.

all ways hated the idea of preventing ragdolls for X amount of time it would simply make abilities useless and lower the power of some characters.

if your getting spammed by ragdolls way I see it is your being punished for making a mistake and thats all thats to it.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they should change it to if you get ragdolled once they cant ragdoll you again until you stand up to prevent constant ragdolling and stunning.

if your getting spammed by ragdolls way I see it is your being punished for making a mistake and thats all thats to it.

So we should be punished, when our other teammates refuse to play as a team..?

They get to run off an lolly gag while we get punished..?

• RainbowXii wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they should change it to if you get ragdolled once they cant ragdoll you again until you stand up to prevent constant ragdolling and stunning.

pub lobbies are trash Phasma for example is borderline OP in most public lobbies and I can also get 1st with a trash hero like Leia. if your team is bad either carry or get over it you will get punished one way or another if your team is bad.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • I never struggle with being ragdoll. It happens but, immunity is crazy
  • Sounds like you installed a game you no longer play & got worked by people who didn’t stop playing
    🤷🏿‍♂️
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17
    RainbowXii wrote: »

if your team is bad either carry or get over it you will get punished one way or another if your team is bad.

Of course. That doesn't mean they can't add certain counter measures to "soften the blow" of being on a bad team.

When all 4 heroes are within 10 meters of each other, increasing their ability cooldown times by a certain percentage won't make the winning team any worst. It'll just make their kills less annoying for the already losing team. The players carrying the losing team would be less likely to leave, because while their losing, they're NOT being annoyed by the constant tossing and unrealistic stuns of 4 spamming players.

• RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17
    DarthLando wrote: »
    Sounds like you installed a game you no longer play & got worked by people who didn’t stop playing
    🤷🏿‍♂️

Nope re-read again. Never said anything about being beat. Only complained about the constant spamming of Force abilities and Stuns.

And I took the initiative of providing a solution / compromise (rare)

• Yup. It’s a terribly unbalanced mode dominated by parties who get their thrills beating on noobs and solo players.

Welcome back.

• Welcome back.

Thank you.

• Yeah that's kinda how games with CC's work. Don't see a problem except that people don't like the dynamic itself, not that the dynamic itself is fundamentally "wrong" somehow.

I always see complaints that it's wrong, but never an explanation as to why. Try playing one of those computer games with CC and the enemy team strategy will almost always be to stunlock you into oblivion

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

I've never understood this complaint: Yes

you should be punished for that, as should your team. That is how team games work. I didn't jump into Halo 1-5 and complain that I should take less damage from power weapons because my team runs away. That's silly

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• I always see complaints that it's wrong, but never an explanation as to why.

I've already said or hinted at why, but aye.. some of us must be spoon fed.

4 player ... spam Force Push ability ... or stun ability ... Not fun or balanced.

Empty lobby

• RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17

Yes

you should be punished for that, as should your team.

The lolly gagger (teammates) are not the ones being punished for it though. The players who wan't to win & the players who want to at least have a decent time playing their Star Wars game are the ones being punished.

It's cool that you as a hardcore player enjoy this, but generally speaking, that's terrible.

I always see complaints that it's wrong, but never an explanation as to why.

4 player ... spam Force Push ability ... or stun ability ... Not fun or balanced.

Empty lobby

Yeah please provide a tablespoon.

4 players spam Force ability or stun ability not balanced why? Because as far as I can tell you have 3 teammates and that's 12 abilities vs 12 abilities. Sounds balanced. The fact that 3 of your teammates aren't participating isyour team's fault

Like I said, go play a computer game dominated by CC, interrupts, stunlocks, and check the playstyle.

• DiamondxStyles
    1461 posts Member
    edited October 17

Yes

The lolly gaggers (teammates) are not the ones being punished for it though. The players who wan't to win & the players who want to at least have a decent time playing their Star Wars game are punished.

It's cool that you as a hardcore player enjoy this, but generally speaking, that's terrible.

I'm not attacking you for that lol. I've been dying for ranked or team playlists forever. Pretty sure everyone has

My only solution to you is to search up a looking for group post. There is no other option unless you want to play with randoms who can't communicate. The game is designed for team play and must be played as a team to compete with other teams. It's just how it is

If you want to win against teams, that is what you must do most of the time, unless the enemy team is absolute garbanzo beans

• RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17

Empty lobby

Yeah please provide a tablespoon.

... and even that was to much for you to grasp.

Shocker.

(JUST KIDDING)

Empty lobby

4 players spam Force ability or stun ability not balanced why? Because as far as I can tell you have 3 teammates and that's 12 abilities vs 12 abilities. Sounds balanced. The fact that 3 of your teammates aren't participating isyour team's fault

Like I said, go play a computer game dominated by CC, interrupts, stunlocks, and check the playstyle.

That's not even close, not sure what game you play. I normally only have 1 teammate helping, because the other 2 players are somewhere lost far.. far away. That's 6 abilities vs 12 abilities. (Or 8 vs 16) An absolute slaughter (obviously). But most importantly (a un-needed) spam-fest.

Empty lobby

It sounds like you need to go play a computer game dominated by CC. Battlefront 2 isn't that. That's worst comparison ever.

Empty lobby

Wrong. I have only have 1 teammate, because the other 2 players are somewhere lost far.. far away. That's 6 abilities vs 12 abilities. (Or 8 vs 16) An absolute slaughter (obviously). But most importantly (a un-needed) spam-fest.

Empty lobby

It sounds like you need to go play a computer game dominated by CC. Battlefront 2 isn't that.

except it is that? you sure we playing the same game right now?
  • RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17

Yes

The lolly gaggers (teammates) are not the ones being punished for it though. The players who wan't to win & the players who want to at least have a decent time playing their Star Wars game are punished.

My only solution to you is to search up a looking for group post. There is no other option unless you want to play with randoms who can't communicate.

So for me to enjoy a balanced un-spammed Star Wars Battelfront HvV match, you're grande solution is for me too find a group too play with ..?

..😃

0ksi7phu7otu.gif

Empty lobby

Wrong. I have only have 1 teammate, because the other 2 players are somewhere lost far.. far away. That's 6 abilities vs 12 abilities. (Or 8 vs 16) An absolute slaughter (obviously). But most importantly (a un-needed) spam-fest.

No, you have 3 teammates- it just turns out that the others are garbanzo beans. As much as that isn't your 'fault', it's still your problem unless you leave. Back to Halo: if I had "1 teammate while the other 2 were lost somewhere" That's only 2 people running to get power weapons and map control, two Battle Rifles vs four Battle Rifles, which means we're going to get dominated just the same as we would in a 2v4 on this game.

So? Either get a team or better luck next time. I can't offer anything else
    It sounds like you need to go play a computer game dominated by CC. Battlefront 2 isn't that.

No I'm perfectly where I'm at, playing Battlefront 2, and I've been on this game for quite some time now and can safely say your last statement is 100% incorrect. Battlefront is a game dominated by CC. That's the META. We are given 3 abilities, and on most "meta PVP" characters, we are given at least one stun and one ragdoll, and possibly one block breaker or interrupt

• unit900000 wrote: »

Empty lobby

Empty lobby

except it is that? you sure we playing the same game right now?

This

• DarthLando
    1526 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Sounds like you installed a game you no longer play & got worked by people who didn’t stop playing
    🤷🏿‍♂️

Nope re-read again. Never said anything about being beat. Only complained about the constant spamming of Force abilities and Stuns
    The current Battlefront 2 Hero experience is 'get tossed here" ... "get tossed there" ... "stun" "dead" ..."repeat"

116hkhvrti37.gif
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DiamondxStyles
    1461 posts Member
    edited October 17

Yes

My only solution to you is to search up a looking for group post. There is no other option unless you want to play with randoms who can't communicate.

So for me to enjoy a balanced un-spammed Star Wars Battelfront HvV match, you're grande solution is for me too find a group too play with ..?

..😃

0ksi7phu7otu.gif

Well I'm just going to :Shrug: now

because I gave the only solution for you to enjoy it or at least compete with teams, but it seems you would rather laugh it off.

Empty lobby

No, you have 3 teammates- it just turns out that the others are garbanzo beans. As much as that isn't your 'fault', it's still your problem unless you leave.

Soo I should just leave ... and create another empty lobby ...? 🤨🤦🏻‍♂️That's what we already do. I'm here trying to provide a way to reduce that, or at least the annoyance that causes the quieting.

We could save a lot of time by you just saying you disagree.

It's that simple.

• RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17
    🤷🏿‍♂️

Nope re-read again. Never said anything about being beat. Only complained about the constant spamming of Force abilities and Stuns

116hkhvrti37.gif

(I also have too explain this...?) 😐😑

Death happens, whether we win or lose.🤦🏻‍♂️ me or you dying during a match doesn't mean we lost the entire match.

Good lord.

• Yeah. A lot of people just want to have fun. They think when playing HvV it will be like recreating scenes from the movies and epic duels. But it's not. It's just ping pong as you are sent flying everywhere. It'd be nice to see some adjustments but I doubt DICE will be making any big changes. Most they seem capable of doing is nerfing heroes and not caring how they will function in other modes.

Doesn't help that the mode is also filled with basement dwelling premades that have nothing better to do than stomp people in a dwindling populated game.
  • RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Meerkat wrote: »
    Yeah. A lot of people just want to have fun. They think when playing HvV it will be like recreating scenes from the movies and epic duels. But it's not. It's just ping pong as you are sent flying everywhere. It'd be nice to see some adjustments but I doubt DICE will be making any big changes. Most they seem capable of doing is nerfing heroes and not caring how they will function in other modes.

Doesn't help that the mode is also filled with basement dwelling premades that have nothing better to do than stomp people in a dwindling populated game.

I don't care about recreating movie scenes. lol. I don't even have to win every time.

I'm just asking for reduced spamming of force abilities and stuns. That's all.

• RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17
    (dup)

• RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17
    But meh, not surprised by the responses here.

The people here are too accustom to the current system (constant spam) to win gameplay style.

Me asking for a small decrease in ability cooldown for 4 heroes within 10 meters of each other is me asking for too much.

• Nope. They should just have another lame Special Event called TvT (Trooper vs Trooper). LOL. Then all so many of you can then claim that it is what the community wanted, and that it makes this bantha poodoo game all the more better.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • Well I'm sure there's one thing we can all agree on.

These forced "Events" need to have separate playlist.

• DarthLando wrote: »
    🤷🏿‍♂️
    So it’s my fault that I get constantly 4v1ed in public lobbies because I don’t have any try hard friends to play with? That’s what this has come to? It’s not a skill issue for players who experience this. If it ever comes down to a 1v1 or even a 2v1 I would trash the opponents. But because my teammates are so horrible and can’t work as a team or fend for themselves, I am always faced with the entire enemy team.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • They had a blasters-only HvV event recently and that was a lovely break from being flung about.
    🤷🏿‍♂️
    So it’s my fault that I get constantly 4v1ed in public lobbies because I don’t have any try hard friends to play with? That’s what this has come to? It’s not a skill issue for players who experience this. If it ever comes down to a 1v1 or even a 2v1 I would trash the opponents. But because my teammates are so horrible and can’t work as a team or fend for themselves, I am always faced with the entire enemy team.

Definitely not your 'fault', but when a 95 overall hops into a court with a bunch of 60 overall shirts and tries to take on a whole team of 95 overalls in 2K, its your problem. When you get bullied 0 to 20 by the end of the game, I'm sure you would've done better with a team of 95 overalls communicating and supporting you

but you didn't

• DiamondxStyles
    1461 posts Member
    edited October 17
    That is another reason this game needs statistics and levels shown before a game starts (Character level, not the silly 1 - 50 that everyone gets)

If you're a solo player and you grouped up for a pub match with a 496 Anakin, 580 Obi Wan, 112 Yoda, and yourself, you know you're going to put up a fight against the enemy whether you win or lose.

But if you're a 670 Kylo that just grouped against that team, with a 12 Vader, 32 boba, and 8 Grieve, safe to say you're getting smacked

• mellowshipslinkyb
    805 posts Member
    edited October 17
    🤷🏿‍♂️

This is exactly my experience every time I play HvV solo.
    🤷🏿‍♂️

Exactly

• Lawnmow3rMan
    3161 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Playing with a good squad=not being gang banged🤷‍♂️if I have even 1 good squad mate we run through lobbies 90% of the time. Play HvV solo at your own risk. I play solo sometimes and yeah you may get a few games that are good but once in a while you're gonna get absolutely decimated by a squad.
  • Playing with a good squad

If playing with a good squad or at least having one is so mandatory, they should have in-game team chat.

Playing with a good squad

If playing with a good squad or at least having one is so mandatory, they should have in-game team chat.

I agree with that.

And some skill based matchmaking. Even the smallest amount of it would be more that helpful.

PSN: this_old_mouse

And some skill based matchmaking. Even the smallest amount of it would be more that helpful.

These are great ideas. Btw the ingame chat feature exists on Xbox, It's just seems like nobody uses game chats anymore

• If they were going to have in game chat you would need an option to mute people. I don't want to talk to any squeakers or listen to someone blast slayer while I'm trying to play Star Wars

These are great ideas. Btw the ingame chat feature exists on Xbox, It's just seems like nobody uses game chats anymore

Ingame chat also exists on PC, but since PC is almost dead anyways I guess that doesn't matter too much. Also a majority of the people using the ingame chat complain a lot (I'd do it too but I'd rather not play the game at that point). I also don't see skill based matchmaking making too much of a difference due to the low population.
  • RainbowXii
    147 posts Member
    edited October 17

Ok. We've came up with 2 decent solutions so far:

- Nerf hero cooldown when within certain distance of other heroes
    - Add ingame chat
    - Join Clan

Not bad. I knew we'd make good team.

0t82gv6m5q1c.gif

Soo.. we came up with 2 decent solutions so far:

- Add ingame chat
    - Join Clan

0t82gv6m5q1c.gif

Join clan? Do you want to hear a bunch of 8 year olds screaming about their clone battalion ranks?

Soo.. we came up with 2 decent solutions so far:

- Add ingame chat
    - Join Clan

0t82gv6m5q1c.gif

Join clan? Do you want to hear a bunch of 8 year olds screaming about their clone battalion ranks?

lol

• I think the general design is flawed in that so many abilities and attacks have the effect of removing responsiveness and control from players, which is frustrating. Its created an arms race where every character needs a stun ability just to keep up. Hard to see that ever changing though, so it is what it is.
  • I think the general design is flawed in that so many abilities and attacks have the effect of removing responsiveness and control from players, which is frustrating. Its created an arms race where every character needs a stun ability just to keep up. Hard to see that ever changing though, so it is what it is.

And people wonder why games like these so quickly become niche products full of toxic gamer stereotypes telling people to GIT GUD
  • realta333
    241 posts Member
    edited October 17
    Decided to re-install Battlefront 2 too see if the game has gotten any better with hero play aspect (sense that's all they want to focus on). And surprise, surprise... everything wrong with HvV (or hero gameplay in general) has only gotten worst. You might as well change the name to: Force Wars

(fun fact) 4 heroes x 3 abilities = 12 ...& 12 ÷ 60 seconds = 5 , Which means...

If you were stand still and let all 4 characters spam abilities on you for 1 minute, you would be hit with a Stun or Force Push every 5 seconds. That's insane.

No, ridiculous.

We need too see an increased cool down time for all hero abilities.. or something to reduce constant force tossing and stuns.

(i.e.) When all 4 heroes are within a certain distance of each other, all abilities should recover at a slower percentage.

Ragdoll cooldown at most, an ability cooldown increase will negatively affect other modes. But yes you are right but this is what we get with DICE