criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

😐 Force Push, and Stun Spam (That's All HvV is)

2Next

Replies

• JackSpanky wrote: »
    I think the general design is flawed in that so many abilities and attacks have the effect of removing responsiveness and control from players, which is frustrating. Its created an arms race where every character needs a stun ability just to keep up. Hard to see that ever changing though, so it is what it is.

And people wonder why games like these so quickly become niche products full of toxic gamer stereotypes telling people to GIT GUD

Most of the players here need to get good. Disagree? Look at them begging for nerfs. Somebody asked for a nerf for Finn. FINN. One of the weakest heroes in the game in terms of offensive capability. And it's not like the developers won't do it, look at Boba Fett and Vader. We all know where their decision making abilities are at.
  • I think the general design is flawed in that so many abilities and attacks have the effect of removing responsiveness and control from players, which is frustrating. Its created an arms race where every character needs a stun ability just to keep up. Hard to see that ever changing though, so it is what it is.

Pretty much this exactly.

I'd say the biggest "flaw" is not that there are so many attacks that remove responsiveness, but the lack of any single ability that breaks CC, lack of ability that grants CC immunity for several seconds, and lack of any interrupts aside from Restrictive Mind Trick (The only interrupt in the game).

Any game that has this many CC abilities, in turn has things that disrupt them.

Once I tried offering a CC immunity addition but the community generally turned it down. Albeit most people don't have a clue about balance when it comes to games with tons of CC

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Raices
    1421 posts Member
    realta333 wrote: »
    JackSpanky wrote: »
    I think the general design is flawed in that so many abilities and attacks have the effect of removing responsiveness and control from players, which is frustrating. Its created an arms race where every character needs a stun ability just to keep up. Hard to see that ever changing though, so it is what it is.

And people wonder why games like these so quickly become niche products full of toxic gamer stereotypes telling people to GIT GUD

Most of the players here need to get good. Disagree? Look at them begging for nerfs. Somebody asked for a nerf for Finn. FINN. One of the weakest heroes in the game in terms of offensive capability. And it's not like the developers won't do it, look at Boba Fett and Vader. We all know where their decision making abilities are at.

Dude, Finn's Big Deal needs a nerf in GA, all the good/elite players i know agree with it, how can't you see this if you play that mode? He needs buffs also to compensate.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1461 posts Member
    edited October 17
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/143184/should-cc-immunity-on-jump-slashes-be-brought-back#latest

This was my idea back in the day. Of course this is moot now that Jump Swinging takes the same amount of stamina as every other hit

Admittedly my pondering this CC immunity may not have been the most ideal choice but It's better than having no CC immunity abilities at all (and by immunity, I mean a breaker for several seconds, not an ability that gets immunity on top of it like HM or Choke had)

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours