criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

APEX Legends Halloween VS Battlefront II Halloween

RogueZeroRendar
1383 posts Member
edited October 17
So, I've recently seen the Apex Legends (EA's top Battle Royale contender) halloween mode ingame and also some videos to gather all the info people already found on it, and it really surprised me. This is another Title from EA, a recent one, which, despite a few issues, has had a development history far more acceptable then what we have had here.

So then let's see what this mode has to offer:
- A new game mode with its own ruleset: Play against each other until the final 10 are left. Then these 10 must work together to get into a ship to take off. Zombie characters will chase all the living from beginning to end, and anyone who dies will turn into a zombie, and respawn as a zombie again whenever dying as a zombie;
- A revamped map: The old map which we played in Apex got back revamped for this mode. Apex had one map to play from launch until season 3, when they removed it and made a new one. With this limited halloween mode the old map is back just for it, a bit revamped, and in night mode;
- Added Different mechanics: Despite having all of the original mechanics, the game added a few more to suit the mode. A dying character will drop important loot separated from his lootbox, so the killer can grab these with haste. This haste is due to the Zombies, which although only having around 30 HP, can move a lot faster, pack quite a punch with their melee (which is their only weapon), and can climb far higher. Some NPC zombies and spider lootbox critters also add to the spooky environment, but don't seem to offer any threat to the player;
- In sync with the game's lore: This game also has a story going on despite one can completely ignore it, as playing the game has no story aspects in its core. But to those who like these or are true fans of the game, one of the upcoming selectable characters is hosting this halloween mode for now, also being the narrator of the mode.

Overall it plays nice, and really delivers that feeling of halloween when you see dozens of zombies coming at you when nearing the end of the game

Battlefront II will use Ewok Hunt as its Halloween Mode, a mode we already know and grew tired of. Which despite doing the best they can within Star Wars Canon, doesn't bring any halloween feeling, unless you get scared with this:

47b6m24z7emf.png

And although Ewok Hunt plays very similar to Apex's Halloween mode, and has the same features I listed above:
- The mode isn't new, and many of us already grew tired of it;
- The revamped map is yet to be seen, so nothing to say about it for now. However, it's unlikely we will be getting a map we all know, but which was taken from the game in the past and is unplayable right now. If they bring one of Endor's maps from SWBF2015, then I think they shall receive a lot of praises;
- The different mechanics added don't really add to the experience, they pretty much restrain us from the experience: None of the original abilities, no customization, no class experience gain, no different classes. The ewok feels nice to play for being totally different then what we had until now, but that's it, and it tires quickly as he has the maneuverability of a crippled and almost dying Yoda. Playing as a stormtrooper is painful compared to how he plays in the other modes. And the only way the game '*****' us is by trying to kill us: it's either a trap that takes 75% of health, or the enemy's glowing eyes or cringy cries alerting of the impending attack.
- And of course it has no place in the game's 'lore' or in Canon at all. You can say the rescue mission is canon, but dead stormtroopers becoming ewoks is a great stretch. So the impact of this mode in the overall story is zero.

With the promise of a revamped map, I hope DICE can come with other ways to improve the mode. I really liked the presentation and gameplay of the new Apex Halloween mode, and although I don't have much time to play these days, I'll try to get into it more then normal because I know it'll vanish in a few weeks. Ewok Hunt OTOH is a mode I wish was removed from the game long ago, I never thought it was a good idea to make it permanent. And I dare to say: Jetpack Cargo was better. Let the shower of rocks commence for this last comment :D

What do you guys think? I know this may sound bashing DICE (and coming from me this is already expected), but I think they could get some ideas from the community here to make the mode more enjoyable actually, and deliver a nice Halloween gift to the players. I know some people really like Ewok Hunt (which is crazy to me why anyone would prefer this to any zombie mode or game anywhere else that has spooky enemies and not furries with glowing eyes and pointy sticks), so enhancing this experience may be a good move from the devs.
Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

Replies

• RebelScum13
    150 posts Member
    edited October 18
    I like Ewok hunt, it's a fun unique game mode for Battlefront 2 imo. But I can see why people can dislike it. It can get old and repetitive if you play it for a while. Which is why I feel like they need to change the name from Ewok hunt, to just simply "Hunt." Add more ferocious, fearsome creatures from the Star Wars universe to hunt. Add the mighty Wampas from Hoth, add the Acklays, the Nexu's, and the Reeks that were featured in the gladiator arena in Geonosis in episode 2. Add a Gamorrean Guards to Hunt in Jabba's palace. Add Rathtars to hunt on a ship! Add a RANCOR to hunt! We have three dead Rancors in the game. One in Jabba's palace and 2 on Felucia I believe, they need to make a live one. That would make this game so much more awesome and cool in my opinion.
  • So, I've recently seen the Apex Legends (EA's top Battle Royale contender) halloween mode ingame and also some videos to gather all the info people already found on it, and it really surprised me. This is another Title from EA, a recent one, which, despite a few issues, has had a development history far more acceptable then what we have had here.

So then let's see what this mode has to offer:
    - A new game mode with its own ruleset: Play against each other until the final 10 are left. Then these 10 must work together to get into a ship to take off. Zombie characters will chase all the living from beginning to end, and anyone who dies will turn into a zombie, and respawn as a zombie again whenever dying as a zombie;
    - A revamped map: The old map which we played in Apex got back revamped for this mode. Apex had one map to play from launch until season 3, when they removed it and made a new one. With this limited halloween mode the old map is back just for it, a bit revamped, and in night mode;
    - Added Different mechanics: Despite having all of the original mechanics, the game added a few more to suit the mode. A dying character will drop important loot separated from his lootbox, so the killer can grab these with haste. This haste is due to the Zombies, which although only having around 30 HP, can move a lot faster, pack quite a punch with their melee (which is their only weapon), and can climb far higher. Some NPC zombies and spider lootbox critters also add to the spooky environment, but don't seem to offer any threat to the player;
    - In sync with the game's lore: This game also has a story going on despite one can completely ignore it, as playing the game has no story aspects in its core. But to those who like these or are true fans of the game, one of the upcoming selectable characters is hosting this halloween mode for now, also being the narrator of the mode.

Overall it plays nice, and really delivers that feeling of halloween when you see dozens of zombies coming at you when nearing the end of the game

Battlefront II will use Ewok Hunt as its Halloween Mode, a mode we already know and grew tired of. Which despite doing the best they can within Star Wars Canon, doesn't bring any halloween feeling, unless you get scared with this:

47b6m24z7emf.png

And although Ewok Hunt plays very similar to Apex's Halloween mode, and has the same features I listed above:
    - The mode isn't new, and many of us already grew tired of it;
    - The revamped map is yet to be seen, so nothing to say about it for now. However, it's unlikely we will be getting a map we all know, but which was taken from the game in the past and is unplayable right now. If they bring one of Endor's maps from SWBF2015, then I think they shall receive a lot of praises;
    - The different mechanics added don't really add to the experience, they pretty much restrain us from the experience: None of the original abilities, no customization, no class experience gain, no different classes. The ewok feels nice to play for being totally different then what we had until now, but that's it, and it tires quickly as he has the maneuverability of a crippled and almost dying Yoda. Playing as a stormtrooper is painful compared to how he plays in the other modes. And the only way the game '*****' us is by trying to kill us: it's either a trap that takes 75% of health, or the enemy's glowing eyes or cringy cries alerting of the impending attack.
    - And of course it has no place in the game's 'lore' or in Canon at all. You can say the rescue mission is canon, but dead stormtroopers becoming ewoks is a great stretch. So the impact of this mode in the overall story is zero.

With the promise of a revamped map, I hope DICE can come with other ways to improve the mode. I really liked the presentation and gameplay of the new Apex Halloween mode, and although I don't have much time to play these days, I'll try to get into it more then normal because I know it'll vanish in a few weeks. Ewok Hunt OTOH is a mode I wish was removed from the game long ago, I never thought it was a good idea to make it permanent. And I dare to say: Jetpack Cargo was better. Let the shower of rocks commence for this last comment :D

What do you guys think? I know this may sound bashing DICE (and coming from me this is already expected), but I think they could get some ideas from the community here to make the mode more enjoyable actually, and deliver a nice Halloween gift to the players. I know some people really like Ewok Hunt (which is crazy to me why anyone would prefer this to any zombie mode or game anywhere else that has spooky enemies and not furries with glowing eyes and pointy sticks), so enhancing this experience may be a good move from the devs.

Yea I agree, one of the things that makes ewok hunt so boring is the lack of objectives, as a trooper It sucks. It needs a lot more than just a revamped map. I think they should make many different hunt modes, something like Geonosians in a dark cave would be far more appropriate for this occasion.
  • EA_Rtas
    1569 posts EA Moderator
    edited October 22
    Removed some posts from in here that were discussing why a word was covered by the profanity filter. It was explained quite well that that word may also be used as a racial slur and so it's in the filter.

Let's keep this on topic please and leave out the moderation discussion going forward, if you have concerns or queries regarding why something is covered by the filter you're welcome to DM me and I'll be happy to clarify.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on