criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

GA Mode changes - Do you agree?

I've played on and off since the release of the title, recently returned after a very long hiatus.

I've noticed that GA has very recently adjusted the battle point requirements for a hero from 4000 to 1000.

The last few matches I've played, it's basically become a psychotic free for all with heroes and villains from all eras.

It feels like it's lost its edge now, and feels like more of a HvV mode add on, rather than GA, mostly due to its intensity.

I've played mostly on EU and NA servers and found GA (at all hours) a real unbalanced mix at the best of times, sometimes even struggling to find a match that hasn't got two or three players in the lobby.

Even though I've broke through the chaos several times, levelling up the characters alike, it makes the match much quicker, and more throwaway. One unbalanced team, and you essentially get a wall of memorable characters waiting near your spawn points.

I liked in the last BF title how the characters had little intros, were generally stronger and added more power in the sense that they weren't constantly spamming up the battle, giving you more worth for their higher cost, being slightly more difficult to slay.

I personally like my immersion into a star wars game.

I can grit my teeth and look past the annoying era mashing of characters, but having such rapid fire heroes and villains really thins out the experience of this mode in my opinion. (Personally, if people want to have modes that combines all eras into one chaotic mode, then why not make a separate or custom mode for that, or have the option?).

Matches could go on for longer because one team or the other didn't have swathes of memorable characters going mental in a giant cloud of rapid fire deaths.

I like the story based and styled objectives, progressing to different levels of a map with different environments, however to conclude I think it's a bad move making the heroes all die quick and cost less. We've got HvV for that, why bring it into GA?

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Chrissycole64
    101 posts Member
    edited October 19
    The lowering of the battle points is because an event is running. You should have received a notification when you booted the game up.

Take a look at the Community Calendar for October, it's currently "Heroes Unleashed." This will return back to normal by next week.

3wjgbru3mqt5.jpg
  • @Chrissycole64 Thanks. Yeah, I had a look not too long after and realized it was an event. Thanks for sharing the calendar though, genuinely didn't know that existed.

I've not received the message when the game booted up oddly, hence the confusion. Unsure why as of yet.

Despite the event, many of the points about the heroes and villains in the game as a whole I feel still stand in many ways.
  • OcDoc
    2002 posts Member
    I am one of those guys that really like this event. I realize it must be hard for certain players to handle the barrage of heroes but because I play so much and I am pretty good with the heroes, it just feels like a ton of fun and excitement.

So with that said, I think it is good for some weekends here and there.

But it also sounds like you think the heroes as they normally are in GA are a problem for you. You reference immersion as the reason. Feel free to jump on some of the other conversations that go on pretty regularly on the topic. But one thing I never really see anyone say in those conversations is that a total lack of heroes really isn’t “Star Wars” and to remove them from play in my opinion would be fairly non-immersive. It simply isn’t the kind of thing we see in the movies which focus mostly around heroes and villains.

But hey, if you think there should be something like a 2 hero maximum and everything should be era specific, then make your case. That is what the forums are for.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    I am one of those guys that really like this event. I realize it must be hard for certain players to handle the barrage of heroes but because I play so much and I am pretty good with the heroes, it just feels like a ton of fun and excitement.

So with that said, I think it is good for some weekends here and there.

But it also sounds like you think the heroes as they normally are in GA are a problem for you. You reference immersion as the reason. Feel free to jump on some of the other conversations that go on pretty regularly on the topic. But one thing I never really see anyone say in those conversations is that a total lack of heroes really isn’t “Star Wars” and to remove them from play in my opinion would be fairly non-immersive. It simply isn’t the kind of thing we see in the movies which focus mostly around heroes and villains.

But hey, if you think there should be something like a 2 hero maximum and everything should be era specific, then make your case. That is what the forums are for.

To cut a long story short, yeah. I get that some people like them all combined and more frequent. However, isn't that what Heroes Vs Villains is for?

It feels like that it's invaded the more tactical (in the looser terms) GA mode as a kind of overflow from HvV.

I'm not saying those kinds of modes or events should be removed, merely some further modes that focus more on the troops, with heroes and villains having a higher cost for big levels of power, while still maintaining modes to level those heroes up.

Maybe one, two maybe even three depending on who they are and what map etc. I'm aware some heroes don't appear at all on the maps we have, but then again why not reintroduce some BF1 maps or make new ones? (Then again that's the wider EA issue of lack of content).

They just don't feel as dominant, powerful or impacting as they once did. Either way, who knows where they might take things.