criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Heroes Unleashed > Boots on Ground. But both still suck

Heroes unleashed is better than boots on the ground but I like regular GA so much more than both of them it's not even close.

It's hard to imagine something worse than Boots on ground but having 16 heroes running around in a 40 person game comes pretty close.

Replies

• I never liked the era mashing or the cheap disposable heroes and villains, however it's got to the point now where I think it's ruined GA, which I really enjoyed. That, combined with the unbalanced teams, it makes for really bland matches.
  • I enjoy both events. Standard Galactic Assault is still my overall preference, though, despite its many flaws.
  • As said above....Both events suck. Really ruins a weekend.
  • Indeed. The only reason I'm going to play this weekend is to kill a bunch of H&V with vehicles.
    I hate this event because the lag (which is already quite considerable in a good % of GA) is increased tenfold when up to 16 H&V are running around & using their abilities.
    ValarMorghulisDL on PSN
  • Neither are that bad. In fact I think it is pretty fun.
  • Wanted to add an observation from this event: The amount of people who think they'll kill me by repeatedly bashing their sabers into me while I hold my block is astounding. What is it about playing as heroes that gives people the most severe case of tunnel vision?

Btw I'm not mad at all I actually think it's funny when a hero is getting absolutely lit up but simply refuses to back off or play with some sort of tact.
  • This mode is A1 bro.

It's a load of barnacles
  • HU is something the game's server just can't handle...way too much random lag and way too much pleb spammers. Still feels good to quickly get Luke and cheap kill all the way to the top.

BoTG feels more comfy slow paced where I hardly saw any lag.
  • In my experience, one is clearly a slog and the other is a slaughter fest
  • Both events have become a bore. Would have rather seen dev resources used towards new maps.
    #StarWars-y
  • It kind of feels like COD with memorable characters. When a hero or villain joins, it should be less in number, and more expensive for more power in return. They feel tacky at the moment.
  • moistboii wrote: »
    Heroes unleashed is better than boots on the ground but I like regular GA so much more than both of them it's not even close.

It's hard to imagine something worse than Boots on ground but having 16 heroes running around in a 40 person game comes pretty close.

100% disagree. But they need to be separate from the norm....we've been all saying that since the very start of their "events".
  • Both events have become a bore. Would have rather seen dev resources used towards new maps.

Well they don't even need to do much "resourcing" for their events. If they want to exclude something they just jack up the price to an impossible figure. If they want only night maps for us to play, they simply take out the other maps from rotation. Just little alterations which I'm sure they have configured now into a one button click haha. It's been the SAME events over and over for years. BOTG was the only fascinating twist they did, imo. But that SHOULD be it's own mode....Turning Point please.
  • Enzyoo wrote: »
    Still waiting for the 1 hero per side event...

That would be much better than heroes unleashed
  • False, heroes unleashed can't even be described as garbage, It's like a new negative vocabulary word. I enjoyed boots on the ground, the only thing that made me play GA. Real skill based gameplay was allowed for the first time.

But If anything BOTG made me see that heroes are a key component in this game. They are what gives the game the star Wars vibe, we just need less of them. So I say the best event so far was the Era accurate event. Now limit them to 1 per side and It's perfect.

Wanted to add an observation from this event: The amount of people who think they'll kill me by repeatedly bashing their sabers into me while I hold my block is astounding. What is it about playing as heroes that gives people the most severe case of tunnel vision?

Btw I'm not mad at all I actually think it's funny when a hero is getting absolutely lit up but simply refuses to back off or play with some sort of tact.

Because most GA players can't do heroes properly. It's always funny when GA killstreakers try to fight HvV and HSD players

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Wanted to add an observation from this event: The amount of people who think they'll kill me by repeatedly bashing their sabers into me while I hold my block is astounding. What is it about playing as heroes that gives people the most severe case of tunnel vision?

Because most GA players can't do heroes properly. It's always funny when GA killstreakers try to fight HvV and HSD players...

... with heroes that have been drastically altered in favor of HvV mains. Yup. ***** hilarious.
  • DiamondxStyles
    1641 posts Member
    edited October 18
    moistboii wrote: »

Because most GA players can't do heroes properly. It's always funny when GA killstreakers try to fight HvV and HSD players...

... with heroes that have been drastically altered in favor of HvV mains. Yup. ***** hilarious.

? I don't understand how balance tweaking a hero in certain ways determines the raw skill of each individual player using said heroes but go off sis 😂. GA killstreakers just fail at heroing properly

And yes it is hilarious. It's always easy to tell who actually plays competitively in Hero modes vs who is AnarchyxNinja

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• They both suck lol

? I don't understand how balance tweaking a hero in certain ways determines the raw skill of each individual player using said heroes but go off sis 😂. GA killstreakers just fail at heroing properly

And yes it is hilarious. It's always easy to tell who actually plays competitively in Hero modes vs who is AnarchyxNinja

I really think that a player's ability to dominate a match of GA with a hero is far more impressive than winning a 1 v 1 🤷‍♂️

I really think that a player's ability to dominate a match of GA with a hero is far more impressive than winning a 1 v 1 🤷‍♂️

No way. The ability to manage a 40 player game is nothing compared to the power of mashing your right trigger against a target you automatically locked on to from 10 feet away.

Who 1 v 1's in an HvV match 💀🤣

And I agree. botslapping little trooper players that have very little defense against you while the majority of players are preoccupied at a chokepoint is far more impressive than actually using comms, switching flanking, CC prioritization, picks and such

😊 I only choketrap players with 150 health

• DiamondxStyles
    1641 posts Member
    edited October 18

No way. The ability to manage a 40 player game is nothing compared to the power of mashing your right trigger against a target you automatically locked on to from 10 feet away.

I agree. I once managed 40 players while killstreaking from a hallway on 2nd Phase Hoth the other day. Blasphemers say 20 of those players were preoccupied at the chokepoints, 8 of those players were hero camping in the menus, and only 2 of those players were even halfway competent, but in reality I oneshotted legion after legion from left to right with my oneshot laser sword and Mythical Might because they couldn't get through that doorway

And imagine mashing the right trigger in HvV 💀💀 Told me exactly what type of player you are

• Yeah I hate heroes unleashed I don't even bother playing battlefront when that event is active
  • The snow was littered with the frost hued plastic alloyed armor of my enemies that day

it wasn't even a fair fight considering their health

I agree. I once managed 40 players while killstreaking from a hallway on 2nd Phase Hoth the other day. Blasphemers say 20 of those players were preoccupied at the chokepoints, 8 of those players were hero camping in the menus, and only 2 of those players were even halfway competent, but in reality I oneshotted legion after legion from left to right with my oneshot laser sword and Mythical Might because they couldn't get through that doorway

And imagine mashing the right trigger in HvV 💀💀 Told me exactly what type of player you are

The type of player who got sick of having to relearn to play a game he’s been playing for two years because the rules change every month?

Wow. That’s pretty clairvoyant.

And I agree. botslapping little trooper players that have very little defense against you while the majority of players are preoccupied at a chokepoint is far more impressive than actually using comms, switching flanking, CC prioritization, picks and such

You don't think you're simplifying GA a bit much here? There are so many counters to heroes along with the 24/7 red dot on the minimap telling the enemy team where you are at all times. Aircraft, tanks, special classes, etc. Even regular infantry classes have weapons that can help you against heroes (vanguard, sentry).

And who is to say I don't use flanks or actual tactics in GA? If I didn't I would get wrecked every time.

You don't think you're simplifying GA a bit much here? There are so many counters to heroes along with the 24/7 red dot on the minimap telling the enemy team where you are at all times. Aircraft, tanks, special classes, etc. Even regular infantry classes have weapons that can help you against heroes (vanguard, sentry).

And who is to say I don't use flanks or actual tactics in GA? If I didn't I would get wrecked every time.

Oh certainly. I still play all the modes. I was underselling it, on purpose I might add, If only for the sake of argument. Anyways, I stated that the competent Hero moders are dogging GA hero players, which has been happening, and that dude that "spammed" your block sounds like exactly the type of typical GA hero main.

I'm sure you play both modes, no? You have a varied understanding of all aspects of the game. Every mode takes different understanding and skills to learn, not so simple as Duh GA players bad or HvV players bad

The type of player who got sick of having to relearn to play a game he’s been playing for two years because the rules change every month?

Wow. That’s pretty clairvoyant.

My, my, I stand corrected. The player that lost the will to play competently, it seems. And so chooses to argue about what takes skill

Oh certainly. I still play all the modes. I was underselling it, on purpose I might add, If only for the sake of argument. Anyways, I stated that the competent Hero moders are dogging GA hero players, which has been happening, and that dude that "spammed" your block sounds like exactly the type of typical GA hero main.

I'm sure you play both modes, no? You have a varied understanding of all aspects of the game. Every mode takes different understanding and skills to learn, not so simple as Duh GA players bad or HvV players bad

Yep, It's not that black and white at all being that some GA heroes are spam legends destined to die within seconds of spawning in as a hero while other are extremely careful and precise.

I very rarely play HvV though. It's just my personal preference but the satisfaction of getting multikills and good killstreaks with the likes of Vader, Kylo, obi wan, etc is what this game is all about. Outplaying an enemy hero is great as well (especially a spamming Rey or Luke) but if I can manage to lead my team to a win while playing as a hero, I just prefer that more.

Yep, It's not that black and white at all being that some GA heroes are spam legends destined to die within seconds of spawning in as a hero while other are extremely careful and precise.

I very rarely play HvV though. It's just my personal preference but the satisfaction of getting multikills and good killstreaks with the likes of Vader, Kylo, obi wan, etc is what this game is all about. Outplaying an enemy hero is great as well (especially a spamming Rey or Luke) but if I can manage to lead my team to a win while playing as a hero, I just prefer that more.

Yeah true, despite the half truths previously written regarding the dynamic between GA and Hero mode players when it comes to hero play (dear lord I almost sounded like one of those silly partisans that argued about trooperlords and herolords), nothing can so black and white. This real truth is that the majority of players on this game are incompetent.

the bulk of HvV and GA players alike are bad.