criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

GA Heroes and villains - Why?

To cut a long story short, there has been a recent change which now makes it a mere 1000 battle points to play as either of the above on GA.

As a result, the map is now swarmed with both, more than actual soliders.

Personally I hated the era mix in GA. While I've levelled up many as a result, I'm finding this is a bit pointless when they are cheap to play as and quick to die, when playing as both is readily available.

Despite the era mix, I'm now seeing regular instances of matches being very short with little to no sector progression, and also making it less likely to level soliders in a bigger mapped mode.

I'm seeing lots of the above sometimes standing as far as possible to opposition spawn lines, simply waiting to hack down anyone who crosses.

Sure, I've done that myself, however mainly because there was nothing else to really do in the match at this point.

I feel the era mash and the extremely cheapened characters really breaks not just the immersion, but the GA mode as a whole.

It's not HvV at the end of the day. A hero or villain should be more expensive, more powerful, less frequently featured but at the same time worth the hard earned points.

If a player isn't getting enough time as one character, then they could play an alternative mode that supports such a big mix of eras and battlepoints mashup, while we also have a more traditional version.

It just feels a bit cheap and bland, made worse by the price reduction.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• You must be new here lol
  • @realta333 Sort of yeah, is it an ongoing issue?
  • TK-986 wrote: »
    @realta333 Sort of yeah, is it an ongoing issue?

Look at the "heroes unleashed" post in general discussion. Should be put up by one of the developers or moderators
  • realta333 wrote: »
    TK-986 wrote: »
    @realta333 Sort of yeah, is it an ongoing issue?

Look at the "heroes unleashed" post in general discussion. Should be put up by one of the developers or moderators

Yeah I agree with it after looking. It's just a shame, it feels like a rapid fire "fast food" version of COD but with star wars heroes and villains.

Surely it can't stay like this. At least in BF1 the heroes and villains had a tad more worth to them.
  • Oh hang on, didn't realize it was for an event. I read a different Heroes Unleashed post.

*Facepalm*

I still stand by the era mashing and general health, ability and worth of heroes though, since launch.
  • TK-986 wrote: »
    Oh hang on, didn't realize it was for an event. I read a different Heroes Unleashed post.

*Facepalm*

I still stand by the era mashing and general health, ability and worth of heroes though, since launch.

right....
  • These events just seem to ruin any motivation to play the game.
  • realta333 wrote: »
    TK-986 wrote: »
    Oh hang on, didn't realize it was for an event. I read a different Heroes Unleashed post.

*Facepalm*

right....

?