criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Bad News for the New Hero Queue System

realta333
270 posts Member
edited October 18
The officer class.

Now that heroes won't be able to be selected in the menu, players won't be able to camp the menu until a hero is available.

This will create a race for heroes more than ever.

The idea for the queue system was that a message would be sent to some of the top players, giving the choice to select a hero.

So are we not going to address what a "top player" is?
Is it the most kills?
Playing the objective the most?

Or.. god forbid.. is it just battlepoints.

I wonder who obtains battlepoints the easiest/most efficient. Maybe the class that has been noticeably OP since launch.

The officer.

But I'm sure the devs will fix the Officer before the new system, since they've been [Removed] fixing glitches and improving balance for the past couple months. Probably why the droidekas have received their buffs and obi-wans damage reduction glitch is no more. That was a true crisis.

Removed drug reference ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

• Wait where are you getting this info. Was a queue system confirmed now?
  • Officer + Bounty Hunter is pretty much meta for Hero racing. Pretty sure the players that killstreak and try to go hard as fast as they can will continue using Officers, and the more casual players will stay using whatever classes they want

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Mystical wrote: »
    Wait where are you getting this info. Was a queue system confirmed now?

No, he is spewing nonsense.

I was going to say, I didn't see any confirmation or update from dice about it.
  • I wouldn't mind it, but if they changed the hero system up THAT much for GA and CS.....then the Hero Mains who have been doing this for a while are going to cause a riot on Twitter and the forum. The likes of which we have never seen.
    Mystical wrote: »

It was just tweets from Dennis Branval from a week ago, he was just trying to get feedback on hero queue system. He was just getting feedback, nothing too concrete for now.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Lay off the death sticks
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • the heros should go the players who've got the LEAST amount of BPs so they can (hopefully) catch up a bit... the good players don't need the boost that heros provide, it's overkill.
  • BudaKhan wrote: »
    the heros should go the players who've got the LEAST amount of BPs so they can (hopefully) catch up a bit... the good players don't need the boost that heros provide, it's overkill.

yft727bnqasa.gif

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

Yep, tweets from the lead designer of the game Dennis Branvahll (sorry for spelling error) are nonsense. Yep. Nothing to be taken into consideration at all, you guys are right. I'm just trolling lol. Making it up.
  • realta333 wrote: »

Yep, tweets from the lead designer of the game Dennis Branvahll (sorry for spelling error) are nonsense. Yep. Nothing to be taken into consideration at all, you guys are right. I'm just trolling lol. Making it up.

Dennis also stated numerous times that they were working on a system to let players choose modes within the DLC playlist In BF2015 so we wouldn’t get shuffled to modes we don’t like. That never happened. Dennis says a lot of things that never happen.

Dennis also stated numerous times that they were working on a system to let players choose modes within the DLC playlist In BF2015 so we wouldn’t get shuffled to modes we don’t like. That never happened. Dennis says a lot of things that never happen.

You are missing the point. If he asks for suggestions and brought it up, which he did, it is clearly something the developers COULD work on. COULD not ARE
  • You and @Grievous15 need to kick it.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh

Those two are almost as bad as the chosen1_anakin and all of his alts.
    ezkfs3399nkr.jpg This isn't mine, Just thought it was cool

Rule 39: Never say no to Bacta

When you have been playing since launch Cool kid 8)

I want to make a squad of 4 Commandos and then scream "FORM UP DELTA SQUAD"

We need Delta Squad Commando skins.

Consider yourself lucky.

And I don't even see how this thread is bad. The officer is undeniably the go-to class for hero players, their BP gain rate is insane compared to the other classes. You're just mad I embarrassed your boy about Boba Fett's jetpack
    realta333 wrote: »

You are missing the point. If he asks for suggestions and brought it up, which he did, it is clearly something the developers COULD work on. COULD not ARE

I'm not missing the point. Dennis says a lot of stuff, and it's important to not really expect anything from it. I understand the difference between could and are. He said they were actively working on a way to not change modes within the playlist, not could but were working on it. It never happened. Saying could gives it even less of a chance at happening.
  • realta333
    270 posts Member
    edited November 19

I'm not missing the point. Dennis says a lot of stuff, and it's important to not really expect anything from it. I understand the difference between could and are. He said they were actively working on a way to not change modes within the playlist, not could but were working on it. It never happened. Saying could gives it even less of a chance at happening .

Ladies and Gentlemen, We👏🏻Got👏🏻Em
  • i hate the queue system mostly because if someone is not doing so well he/she will never get to play as a hero/villain Online.

As it should be because when they do get the hero in GA or CS it really drags the game play down! It also causes that side to get stomped and then forces a ton of people to up and leave causing a negative snowball effect in the game for a while.
  • i hate the queue system mostly because if someone is not doing so well he/she will never get to play as a hero/villain Online.

As it should be because when they do get the hero in GA or CS it really drags the game play down! It also causes that side to get stomped and then forces a ton of people to up and leave causing a negative snowball effect in the game for a while.

I disagree. I'm very skilled at BF2 but even I don't always make it to the top leaderboard every match. And, I know how to turn the tables as a hero. There's been plenty of times where I've single-handedly held off all of the rebels from winning the final objective on Endor in GA many times, or held off the stormtroopers at the gates on Crait, etc. etc.

Hero skill and trooper skill aren't the same. You shouldn't punish a player for lacking in one area and reward others instead of allowing equal opportunity if you reach the required BP cost. Besides, if the players do suck as a hero then they'll just die and someone else will take their place, lol. It doesn't drag the game down.
    If you define yourself by your power to take life, your desire to dominate, to possess, then you have nothing.

du5nr6q38fdy.gif
  • Officer CAN get the required battlepoints for a hero the fastest, but then again, so can the Assault. Improved scan dart, bounty hunter and toughen up seems like a good combo in my experience. That scan dart gives you a lot of points for kill assists, especially if you hold off on using it until around a good group with teammates. And be thankful the CR2 was nerfed because that gun was amazing before and was just as good if not better than the officers SE.
    You and @Grievous15 need to kick it.

And I don't even see how this thread is bad. The officer is undeniably the go-to class for hero players, their BP gain rate is insane compared to the other classes. You're just mad I embarrassed your boy about Boba Fett's jetpack

But really, you only embarrassed yourself🤷
  • This is just a thinly veiled attempt at another officer BP complaint thread.

I can vouch for good assault players beating everyone including officers to the magic 4000 BP. I have seen it. A good kill streak will beat out assist points.
  • This is just a thinly veiled attempt at another officer BP complaint thread.

I can vouch for good assault players beating everyone including officers to the magic 4000 BP. I have seen it. A good kill streak will beat out assist points.

But will a good streak beat out another good streak + assist points? Officers get a free 1500-2000 BP towards the first hero. It’s tough to beat said officer to 4000 if they’re a competent player.

Officers get kills just as easy as other classes, if not easier, so your argument goes both ways.
  • BudaKhan wrote: »
    the heros should go the players who've got the LEAST amount of BPs so they can (hopefully) catch up a bit... the good players don't need the boost that heros provide, it's overkill.

77smein7j3kf.jpg