criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Community Transmission - The Forest Moon of Endor Hungers Once Again

2Next

Replies

• DarthJ wrote: »
    This patch does include Yavin Luke and ANH Han doesn't it? With a challenge to do for Yavin Luke?

yes ! transmission should be release today . ANH han will be 40 000 credits.
  • 2 whole maps. You might as well add this to the Extraction/Strike combo of dead modes.
  • CHL007
    13 posts Member
    edited October 22
    With all this work they do on stuff no one cares about maybe they'll even GET SOME NEW MAPS FOR STRIKE (which people ACTUALLY PLAY) SOMEDAY...
  • Is anyone weird like me and just sits in the dark on the Edge of the map hoping no Ewok finds you? Seems to work half the time
  • What if we had order 66 clone skin for the stormtroopers?
  • Can't frackin wait. Ewok Hunt is my favorite mode. Lovin' the new upgrade concepts for Hunter's Instincts. Only thing missing is Wicket as a hero, either in this mode or others. R2 would be nice too.
  • For the record I don't see droppin to one Ewok as a problem. With the new variation on Hunter's Instincts, the Ewoks will have a pretty significant advantage. The troopers never start in the cave and a savvy Ewok player can take advantage of such open exposure fairly quickly. Then, as their numbers increase, the Ewoks can really utilize their abilities fairly efficiently.
  • For the record I don't see droppin to one Ewok as a problem. With the new variation on Hunter's Instincts, the Ewoks will have a pretty significant advantage. The troopers never start in the cave and a savvy Ewok player can take advantage of such open exposure fairly quickly. Then, as their numbers increase, the Ewoks can really utilize their abilities fairly efficiently.

Unless the Troopers spawn within 20' of the DL-15 and incendiary grenades which literally nearly happens every other match. Making it ridiculously easy for them to reach the cave.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Zexiel
    167 posts Member
    edited October 23
    Is this patch out yeat there is like not a single person playing it it did say 23rd

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
  • Zexiel wrote: »
    Is this patch out yeat there is like not a single person playing it it did say 23rd

Yes it is (well, at least for the PC). I'm currently downloading it.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Zexiel wrote: »

Yes it is (well, at least for the PC). I'm currently downloading it.

Yeah im updating it to right now

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
  • jonci
    1228 posts Member
    Done, but did i read somwhere there would be a seperate Ewok hunt button? there aint one, unless you go through the menu to Multiplayer - Operations, (no game available any way lol when searching).
  • There seems to be a bug it says: We cant find any available games for you, Check your selection and try again Error Code: 1,066

• EA_Rtas
    1569 posts EA Moderator
    edited October 23
    I'm really quite excited for this, bring on the Yub Nub, I'm ready to be absolutely terrified of small fuzzy bears
  • I can't wait!
    I'm usually on the Dead by Daylight forums
  • Should get more people playing an underrated mode
  • Yub nub!
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Actually a fun update.
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 24
    Ewok Hunt Review of Battles

Match #1: 7 off us Imperial Troopers survived "easy" on the classic map. By the time the Ewoks had 7 of them it was to late and the shuttle took us home.

Match #2: Spawned 10' from 2 DLT-19, infinite flashlights and incendiary grenades but did not get it others grabbed it first. 16 of us Imperial Storm Troopers succeeded in escaping.

Match #3: Spawned 100' from 2 DLT-19, infinite flashlights and incendiary grenades but did not get it, others grabbed it first. All the Troopers died and we won as Ewoks. The thing is I'm not sure if they intentionally died just to amp up the excitement.

Match #4 Started as an Imperial Trooper died and lost as Ewoks as 9 troopers boarded the shuttle.

Match #5 I finally got the DLT-19, infinite flashlights and incendiary grenades it was 10' from my spawn. Within 30 seconds the beacon was found by someone right next to me, it was literally 10' behind me. But I got killed staring at it and spawned as a Ewok. Finally a really good Ewok hunter took out a lot of troopers. We won as the Ewoks. The shuttle never came because they were dead before it arrived. What can I say the guy was good.

Match #6 Died early yet again stabbed in the back in the dark again starting at something on the ground. I'm getting better at the new map and I got 3 official kills as the Ewok and a few assists. We won as Ewoks.

Match #7 I'm the one Ewok. I did decent. Fortunately 2 Troopers died from traps, again not sure if that was intentional. We won as Ewoks no one made it to the shuttle (classic map).

Match #8 New map again, survived the whole match (6 min, 29 sec) but had bad luck, the shuttle landed on the complete opposite end of the map. When I got there I had ran out of time. I literally had run the entire time, got slowed down 3 times by whisties but rolled out of it. That slow down likely cost me from making it into the shuttle but we won as troopers any way. At least 10 boarded.

Match #9 Ewoks dominated this time easy. Again not sure if it was due to people intentionally tripping traps or if it was just a really phenomenal Ewok player but for the record the one Ewok did get 5 kills.

Match #10 I played yet again as an Imperial and killed 5 Ewoks. Then I got killed and proceeded to kill 5 troopers as an Ewok. We managed to whip out more then half of their team but 8 Imperials boarded the shuttle.

Analyzes: So 50% Imperial wins and 50% Ewok wins. Though this is hardly conclusive since there is no way of knowing without watching the players individually if they intentionally died via traps or standing there to let the Whistie kill them. Some do that when they want to be the Ewok or if they get to bored. But regardless...

Lovin' the new map a lot DICE, very cool. A swoosh yet again. I enjoyed the mode thanks devs.

kdb15heccdv6.gif

P.S. - But still think for the Ewoks, bows and arrows, rock sling shot, spear throwing and an A.I. glider boulder attack would rock.

Bring on Wampas now... 😎👍🏼 Please, please.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Why are matches ending without the shuttle arriving and troopers still alive?
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 26
    IdiotAlien wrote: »
    Why are matches ending without the shuttle arriving and troopers still alive?

Hmmmm I had something similar occur in two matches yesterday. I had assumed that those last four had all died at once, maybe not, maybe it's a glitch. After all it has happened twice now.

Well here's an update. I played some more matches of "Ewok Hunt" and here is what I discovered.

match #1: Won as Imperials, 5 escaped including me, new map. (full match 18 Imperials and 2 Ewoks)

Decided to forcibly make myself an Ewok by triggering traps as an experiment.

match #2 Imperials won, 14 escaped, I intentionally made myself an Ewok got a few assists. Classic map, all of the enemy held up in the cave, they left cave in a pack to the shuttle (full match).

match #3 Ewoks won, I intentionally made myself an Ewok, (full match).

match #4 Ewoks won, I activated the transmission as the Imperials, then I intentionally made myself an Ewok, for the challenge (full match). It was fun... But at 7:22pm PST (date: Friday Oct 26th) there was 1 Imperial left in the cave still and he had 7 kills. The game just ended, no shuttle yet and him still alive. What the?

match #5 Ewoks won, I intentionally made myself an Ewok (full match). Droped 7 Imperials...But yet again at 7:31pm PST (date: Friday Oct 26th) there was 2 Imperial left and time was not up to get to the shuttle, it had just landed only 7 seconds before. The game ended with 1 Imperial not dead right in front of the shuttle.

I think there is a bug devs.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 26
    I don't care about this mode I'd rather have Extraction changed into droid Extraction.

I think the answer is simple, added A.I. bots to fill in the missing players on Extraction.
    “There is always hope.”
  • One of my favorite modes! But there is a bug I hope will get fixed soon. If there is only one stormtrooper remaining and the evacuation site hasn’t shown up yet it will end in an Ewok victory. Several times I was the only one left and it ended. I didn’t get a chance to run for the shuttle.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1590 posts Member
    edited October 31
    does playing this at night with surround sound make the experience better?

that's all i'm hoping for as my ewok can't kill any trooper even with 100 pokes, and my trooper can't find/see any ewoks unless they're right in front of me.

btw this map shows how much advantage an HDR screen gives in this game. i can see ewoks on the xbox - HDR 60Hz tv and i can't see squat on the PC - gaming monitor but no HDR