criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Heroes Unleashed is the best mode in the game.

I played this morning and being able to constantly be a Hero is the only way to prevent stomps and makes the game unpredictable and non-routine.

Any Phase can be defended or captured, comebacks can happen at any time.

Heroes are still easy enough to kill but in the right hands a single Hero can make all the difference.

The trooper vs trooper gameplay is still very much there as well as the additional fun of killing Heroes.

Killing Vader, Maul, and Grevious with Lando in the same minute was my highlight this morning.

Please share your thoughts.

Replies

• Completely agree. Last night I was a rebel on Endor and the overtime went on so long I managed to have a turn as each hero running into the bunker. So much fun. Also, I played an entire game saving up for 4000 credits when at the end I realised they were only 1000 each (although in my defence I was drinking a rather nice bottle of wine at the same time)
  • HU is great for a day or two. But it’s wildly unbalanced compared to GA, and wears thin quickly.

Standard Galactic Assault is a better game, period.
  • Heroes unleashed is just a mode that enhances everything that is already wrong with the game. The only justification to bring It back was if boots on the ground was made permanent.
  • Yeah I just love running with all my friends and destroying everyone in our path; Heroes and battalions of troopers alike.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . . 

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars— I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• It's ok. Fun for a few rounds but gets old quick. All events should just be in separate playlists so people can do what they want.
  • I don't see how everyone sitting at the spawn screen waiting to play a hero for 5 seconds is fun.

There's no point in playing the objective, nor a point to playing as a trooper.

This event should have it's own temporary gamemode so people aren't forced to wait it out just to enjoy the game again.

I would personally prefer a 1 hero per side event to promote more teamplay.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • MillSmit wrote: »
    Completely agree. Last night I was a rebel on Endor and the overtime went on so long I managed to have a turn as each hero running into the bunker. So much fun. Also, I played an entire game saving up for 4000 credits when at the end I realised they were only 1000 each (although in my defence I was drinking a rather nice bottle of wine at the same time)

Yea, I was surprised that the Hero cost is 1000 too. Quite unnecessary in this mode. They should have keep it at 4000.

Probably the only flaw in the mode's design.

• Mystical wrote: »
    I definitely disagree, its not even close to being that good in my opinion. As a trooper player there is nothing more annoying than having 9/10 of your deaths caused by heroes in a match. Hence why I don't play this event and always skip it.

Git gud i regularly have killed heroes as officers during HU
  • It's ok. Fun for a few rounds but gets old quick. All events should just be in separate playlists so people can do what they want.

Agree on separate playlists but i don't think its boring. Its definitely a better game mode in my opinion because of the general chaos and objective pushing
  • This has to be the biggest mess of a game mode ever. It's complete chaos and not in a good way. If it was intense fighting with heaps of skill involved then it would be good. However it's just intense fighting, nothing more. It's a glitchy mess because of the bugs of the heroes. It's like an even worse version of HvV, which is already the most annoying mode in the game to play because of the bugs.
  • Hah...currently...I think Co-Op is the best mode in the game.
  • I think it's fun for a few matches and then it just gets annoying
  • OcDoc
    1992 posts Member
    I really really like it as a weekend event. Fast, fun and exciting!

Some say it is chaos, but I find it only to be chaos at certain choke point areas like last phase of Naboo. But even then it is a glorious epic battle of death and destruction. It feels like what a fantasy galactic ground based war should feel like. It should feel like more than what we are familiar with in our world.

I like it that there isn’t a lot of time to think. The gameplay becomes a little more instinctual and it becomes all about executing on a high level and being required to have a heightened sense of awareness to avoid getting wrecked.

So fun!
  • Mystical wrote: »
    I definitely disagree, its not even close to being that good in my opinion. As a trooper player there is nothing more annoying than having 9/10 of your deaths caused by heroes in a match. Hence why I don't play this event and always skip it.

Git gud i regularly have killed heroes as officers during HU

Same here.
    It's ok. Fun for a few rounds but gets old quick. All events should just be in separate playlists so people can do what they want.

Agree on separate playlists but i don't think its boring. Its definitely a better game mode in my opinion because of the general chaos and objective pushing

That's the thing I love the most, how much more teams push the objective. There's overtime up the wazoo and it makes the mode so much better.
  • Completely disagree, and don’t get me wrong I’m not a trooper gameplay guy, I would probably be considered more of a “hero-lord” but I still hate this game mode, it’s fun for a couple of games and then I stop playing it.
  • I disagree, this game sucks with it. Lag and glitches are much more prevalent, button mashers come out of the woodwork and abilities dont work
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Game needs more new maps and weapons. Not limited events for more hero spam.
    #StarWars-y
  • Game needs more new maps and weapons. Not limited events for more hero spam.

More maps, open era restricted modes to all eras, weapons, hero skins, infantry skins. Events like this are just a maneuver to placate the masses
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • I too like HU, but wouldn't HU be like a modifier and not a mode? Like GA and CS are modes, and HU is a modifier of those two modes? j/k

HU is the only reason I ever want to try GA now, and it spices up CS too IMO.