criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Lando blaster buff

The recoil on Lando’s blaster is terrible compared to other hero blasters. His recoil should be like his crouching recoil when shooting and even less recoil when crouching. So much for a night sniper.

Replies

• BlueBox5 wrote: »
    The recoil on Lando’s blaster is terrible compared to other hero blasters. His recoil should be like his crouching recoil when shooting and even less recoil when crouching. So much for a night sniper.

But he has autoaim ability.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Nerf that to 150 damage and buff the accuracy on his main weapon. It’s called a sniper, but the effective range is no more than 5 meters.

PSN: this_old_mouse
  • No need to nerf anything. Lando is already bad. Just give him a buff.
    Perhaps. But I know for sure that some people would cry and cry because Lando gets a buff and precious Vader gets a nerf.
    Perhaps. But I know for sure that some people would cry and cry because Lando gets a buff and precious Vader gets a nerf.

Lando is nowhere near as good as vader even after his nerf so if lando got a buff can't see how people could moan he could do with one
  • Batman20 wrote: »
    No need to nerf anything. Lando is already bad. Just give him a buff.

Lando is nowhere near as good as vader even after his nerf so if lando got a buff can't see how people could moan he could do with one
    You’re absolutely correct. But you can really find some well…interesting people around here.
  • Batman20 wrote: »

People tend to pop a ***** for the dark side around here.

And the reverse is true for the light side.
  • the spread is insane at range it needs to be toned down.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

🤦‍♂️ U serious? People these days.

• Clone201
    3970 posts Member
    edited October 19
    BlueBox5 wrote: »

Nerf that to 150 damage and buff the accuracy on his main weapon. It’s called a sniper, but the effective range is no more than 5 meters.

Or just increase the cooldown from its 12 seconds it has now instead of damage reduction. Either way though, his blaster needs to be better. His 2 second stun was the only good thing about him in HvV, but that's been long nerfed big time without a single buff to make up for that.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • I never realized his recoil improved while crouching. Thanks for that tip... I'll try that out. I haven't used him in forever because his gun is so terrible.

He seems to have a much smaller hitbox though. That, and his roll is more effective than anyone else's. It's like it actually dodges for the rolling portion and doesn't let him take damage.
  • Clone201
    3970 posts Member
    edited October 19
    mrnedburns wrote: »
    I never realized his recoil improved while crouching. Thanks for that tip... I'll try that out. I haven't used him in forever because his gun is so terrible.

He seems to have a much smaller hitbox though. That, and his roll is more effective than anyone else's. It's like it actually dodges for the rolling portion and doesn't let him take damage.

His smoke grenade makes his dodges seem that way. It blocks melee tracking for enemies in it, so enemy sabers can't attack effectively.
  • OcDoc
    1992 posts Member
    I wasn’t expecting a complaint about his recoil. I have always felt like his gun was pretty user friendly just a little weak per shot.

I think Lando can be really strong in the right hands but you have to shoot fast and aim for the head when shooting someone who is stunned. Fast rate of fire, good stun, aim bot... pretty good IMO.

You are quite right. If a blaster hero even approaches the level some saber heroes, some people throw a fit.

You are quite right. If a blaster hero even approaches the level some saber heroes, some people throw a fit.

At this point, blasters being on par with sabers is impossible.
  • CC_1010
    2546 posts Member
    Clone201 wrote: »

That is not true. A good blaster will dominate mediocre saber users and a very skilled blaster user has a real chance against a good but ofc overconfident saber hero.
    BlueBox5 wrote: »

🤦‍♂️ U serious? People these days.

Youre right.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• CC_1010 wrote: »

That is not true. A good blaster will dominate mediocre saber users and a very skilled blaster user has a real chance against a good but ofc overconfident saber hero.

I wish that were the case.

With how inconsistent rolls are, there’s not much a blaster can do against a saber. Heroes like Luke and Vader just rinse blasters.

With how inconsistent rolls are, there’s not much a blaster can do against a saber. Heroes like Luke and Vader just rinse blasters.
    Yep. Sabers have every advantage possible to their disposal. They have the ability to easily overwhelm a blaster through brute force, and if the fight becomes unfavorable they can stalemate by blocking forever or they can just run. Blasters can do none of this. They are extremely situational and require incredible skill to do well with.

Yep. Sabers have every advantage possible to their disposal. They have the ability to easily overwhelm a blaster through brute force, and if the fight becomes unfavorable they can stalemate by blocking forever or they can just run. Blasters can do none of this. They are extremely situational and require incredible skill to do well with.

Truth. With the exception of boba and palps ,blasters are completely dependent on their teammates protecting them to be effective. They have to stay on the outside of the battle shooting in. If they get isolated by a saber it's GG 95%of the time.

Yup.

Sabers are extremely oppressive towards blaster heroes, even if the blaster player is the superior player.
  • Clone201
    3970 posts Member
    edited October 19
    CC_1010 wrote: »

This.

Blaster heroes not named Boba lose to saber heroes played by lesser skill players more often than not.

Plus saber heroes reign supreme in GA, while blasters get undermined by a heavy with combat shield so easily.
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    CC_1010 wrote: »

This, plus sabers reign supreme in GA a lot too, while blasters are easily destroyed by an enforcer using overload for headshots, or whatever troopers have to offer.

Plus how can Leia defeat Grievous... Or how can Iden ever defeat Obi-Wan to begin with. Skill doesn't save you if you are the blaster hero here.
    Yeah. People say that Grievous is easily beaten by blaster heroes, maybe in GA yes, but no way in HvV. He has three of the most overpowered mechanics and abilities to deal with heroes, but especially blaster ones who have no way of avoiding these attacks. Claw rush, Unrelenting Advance, and a cute little mechanic I found that makes it even easier to kill blasters.
  • Buff his smoke grenade and blaster. No need to nerf anything else.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1384 posts Member
    edited October 19
    Honestly, Lando's Blaster is very effective in HvV because there closer combat is far more common, especially due to the saberlords everywhere. Of course he can't melt a Vader of same skill when in 1v1 (and probably none of the saber users), but if he has any support his gun can act like a highly damaging machine gun.

The recoil is "bad', but if you keep moving your aim from left to right and vice-versa while shooting, it does correct a bit his recoil, enough to land many more shots. If I have a supportive team and play Lando, it's really easy to go top score on my team just because I don't stop shooting and almost every villain that dies will give assist points to me.

And I say "bad" because for a game like this, it's indeed bad, as many weapons have easily controllable recoils, or recoils that don't actually interefere, and many don't even have a noticeable recoil at all. But if you play any other shooter that tries to be more realistic with recoil, Lando's gun feels much easier to control then most weapons on these other games. 2 games that come to mind are PUBG and Apex Legends.

I agree it's ridiculous to call this weapon a sniper, with such blast dispersion and high recoil, but I think it's a nice weapon for HvV. His Sharpshot is indeed too much (a lot of damage, fast recharge time, auto-aim feature, can hit many enemies at once), but it's his way to compensate his remaining arsenal which is very lacking. The disabler was really incredible, but now it's not that strong. And the Smoke Grenade is a joke.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Honestly, Lando's Blaster is very effective in HvV because there closer combat is far more common, especially due to the saberlords everywhere. Of course he can't melt a Vader of same skill when in 1v1 (and probably none of the saber users), but if he has any support his gun can act like a highly damaging machine gun.

The recoil is "bad', but if you keep moving your aim from left to right and vice-versa while shooting, it does correct a bit his recoil, enough to land many more shots. If I have a supportive team and play Lando, it's really easy to go top score on my team just because I don't stop shooting and almost every villain that dies will give assist points to me.

And I say "bad" because for a game like this, it's indeed bad, as many weapons have easily controllable recoils, or recoils that don't actually interefere, and many don't even have a noticeable recoil at all. But if you play any other shooter that tries to be more realistic with recoil, Lando's gun feels much easier to control then most weapons on these other games. 2 games that come to mind are PUBG and Apex Legends.

I agree it's ridiculous to call this weapon a sniper, with such blast dispersion and high recoil, but I think it's a nice weapon for HvV. His Sharpshot is indeed too much (a lot of damage, fast recharge time, auto-aim feature, can hit many enemies at once), but it's his way to compensate his remaining arsenal which is very lacking. The disabler was really incredible, but now it's not that strong. And the Smoke Grenade is a joke.
    Agree. While I never expect a pistol to perform as a sniper, it should still be effective at decent ranges. Just compare Lando’s pistol to Finn’s pistol. They have similar dps, but Finn’s can fire for much longer and has far less recoil and arguably a better zoom.