criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Battlefront 2 Lag/Rubberbanding in Multiplayer Only?!

Hi,
I installed this game on my new laptop, and it has no problems in any other multiplayer games like Battlefield or Overwatch etc, but when I try to play ANY multiplayer mode on SWBF2 on this laptop, I get constant rubberbanding every 5-10 seconds, where i get teleported back in place a few feet. Its really annoying and is making the game unplayable...
The game runs perfectly on Ultra in offline modes, so its ONLY multiplayer and ONLY on SWBF2...
I've tried everything I can find online, (disabling share user report, disabling firewalls, etc)

Does ANYONE know a fix to this issue because I cant believe its only an issue for me, as it has to be something with SWBF2 because I dont get any issues in other multiplayer games.

I am using WiFi, but that shouldnt matter because I dont lag or rubberband on other games.

Please any help is appreciated because this laptop is all I have to play games rn.

Replies

• How much internet speed do you have? What is your provider? Usually rubber banding is a sign of bad network.
  • Actually, there seems to be an issue with EA servers across different games on all platforms. Played APEX yesterday and it had the same issues as mentioned here on the forums, also some car racing games seem to be impacted
  • Actually, there seems to be an issue with EA servers across different games on all platforms. Played APEX yesterday and it had the same issues as mentioned here on the forums, also some car racing games seem to be impacted

I agree. The LAG is awful right now. The German Server is the usual culprit...totally overloaded. But it is across the board. People with REALLY good broadband in the USA can stamp on you at lightning speed! But for me.... Lag Lag Lag. I get a 2 to 3 second delay in any multiplayer game at present...ie enemy players suddenly appearing and trouncing me. Or I materialise dead, or in a wall, or most times ten paces from whence I have just played! There is a lag issue with the general design of the whole SWBF2 kernal engine that's for sure. I agree...it is this product design and has been from the start in 2017. But it is getting WORSE with each update!
  • .... although, when the Server response is like between 30ms to 55ms.... the game runs soooooo smooth. That is when it fun. At the mo...I hold my breath playing Kashyyk in HvV as the lag will cause me to fall off the platforms every time :D