criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Sly Cooper Questions

I have a few questions about the first three games.
{The Sly Collection}
  1. Other than graphics and music, are the original, PS3 and PS Vita versions any different?
  2. I saw that the first three Sly games were also released separately on the PS3, do they have any notable changes from The Sly Collection?
  3. Is it true that the digital version of The Sly Collection retains the developer commentaries (at least for the first game), and if not can you still take on the challenges that unlocked them?
#JoinTheBuzz
8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
Never forget

Replies

• (For starters, there’s an artifact from when I wanted to discuss Sly 4 as well, but I didn’t need to but I still singled out the Sly Collection... twice.)

I have now learned that there’s a glitch in Chapter 7 (episode 7?) of Sly 2 that resets your progress, but I read that it was fixed in the PS2 Greatest Hits Edition and on the PS3 Sly Collection. Is that true?
    Also, I found out what I needed to know about number 3, some extras aren’t available (like the bonus videos in Sly 2) but you can still go through the process of unlocking them (the secret to playing them still works... but the video won’t load).
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I now read that the digital version of The Sly Collection lacks the Sly 4 bonus video, is that true?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    (For starters, there’s an artifact from when I wanted to discuss Sly 4 as well, but I didn’t need to but I still singled out the Sly Collection... twice.)

I have now learned that there’s a glitch in Chapter 7 (episode 7?) of Sly 2 that resets your progress, but I read that it was fixed in the PS2 Greatest Hits Edition and on the PS3 Sly Collection. Is that true?
    Also, I found out what I needed to know about number 3, some extras aren’t available (like the bonus videos in Sly 2) but you can still go through the process of unlocking them (the secret to playing them still works... but the video won’t load).

The glitch was fixed in the Sly Collection, but I’m not sure about the greatest hits edition, and I read there was a similar glitch in episode 3... but only one place mentions it.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • I’m back again and it seems that the individual and Collection PSN access the same thing, but the physical version has extra PS Move mini-games (I think), and I keep hearing conflicting information about the commentaries (someone said they’re gone, someone else said they’re there, the wiki said only the digital version has the commentaries and I’m confused about the whole thing). Could someone clear out the confusion?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget