criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Anyone else noticed this?

I've noticed recently a massive rise in players that play really competitively/sweaty/annoyingly/whatever you want to call it.

These last few days, in all the main modes there's been a lot of players that seem to group up and get kills simply by outnumbering you. You can call that good team work if you want but personally I'd rather just play this game for fun rather than getting a "squad" together and "coordinating all our attacks. And when you fight them 1v1 they just run until they've someone so they can outnumber you.

I I'm not a fan of the idea of match making groups together because I normally play this game with a friend but we don't take it seriously at all. Like we never talk tactics or anything. All we really talk about is doctor who, or make harry potter quotes or debate whether or not the empire were that evil etc. If anything we're more distracted for playing together.

But alas... back on track... My question is who the poop plays this game that seriously? I just enjoy running around the death star as vader or shooting rebels and wookies etc. There's surely no fun to be had in getting lots of kills simply because you outnumbered someone who wasn't trying that hard. If all you want is to get loads of easy kill then go play co-op. It kind of takes the fun out of it if everytime you go to play the objective there's a team of the same players each time camping and killing you simply because they outnumbered you.

There, I've had my rant... I'm happy now.

Replies

• Alas, I have noticed these sweaty try hards too. They have TTV twitch YT, toxic ghost names like they're some kinda cool kid or something... I emote them. Yes, I do. I love emoting
  • Alas, I have noticed these sweaty try hards too. They have TTV twitch YT, toxic ghost names like they're some kinda cool kid or something... I emote them. Yes, I do. I love emoting

This is also true. I find the more "xx"s or "yt"s some one has in their name then the more desperate they are.
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Alas, I have noticed these sweaty try hards too. They have TTV twitch YT, toxic ghost names like they're some kinda cool kid or something... I emote them. Yes, I do. I love emoting

This is also true. I find the more "xx"s or "yt"s some one has in their name then the more desperate they are.

They're literally DRIPPING in sweat - it must be a lake where they sit
  • The problem is that the game encourages this kind of toxic behavior. The HvV spawns encourage gank squads running around and picking off stragglers and there’s no skill based matchmaking to keep noobs out of our games.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • JediJam wrote: »
    Alas, I have noticed these sweaty try hards too. They have TTV twitch YT, toxic ghost names like they're some kinda cool kid or something... I emote them. Yes, I do. I love emoting

They're literally DRIPPING in sweat - it must be a lake where they sit

giphy.gif
  • Teams should have their own lobbies or at least be identified as a group.They have a huge advantage over solos. They should play against other teams. It’s particularly bad in HvV.
  • Teams should have their own lobbies or at least be identified as a group.They have a huge advantage over solos. They should play against other teams. It’s particularly bad in HvV.

Well the issue with that is there's going to be plenty of people like me who normally play with a friend but don't play the game competitively and definitely don't stick with my group so that I always outnumber the person I'm fighting. And we never talk tactics or anything so it wouldn't make sense to then match people like us who are just playing for fun with others who are using sweaty tactics.

It might work if you only started matching people if they're in groups of 3 or more but then you run into the issue of splitting the player base up and groups having empty lobbies. I'm not against people playing in groups but against people who use these "sweaty" tactics.
  • I usually play solo or with 1 or 2 other people and I do try my best to get as much kills as possible. I don't have a mic so I'm not coordinating attack plans or whatever. But I get the most satisfaction from doing well with a hero (getting multikills/killstreaks). So yeah I can confirm the new presence of at least 1 sweat.