criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Map-Specific Vehicles (Snail Droid, AT-AP and more)

The_Meme_Lord
198 posts Member
edited October 23
I think one of the things that players qualify as content that THIS Battlefront II is missing, its all the playable vehicles. The only CIS vehicle is the AAT (speeders don't count in this case), while in the original BF II you had the hailfire droid, the homing spider droid, the snail tank, you could even play as the droid gunship.

So why not have, for specific maps, exclusive vehicles? Keep in mind I don't want these vehicles to REPLACE whats already in the game, they are additions.

Kashyyyk:
CIS: Snail Tank
Republic: AT-AP
(Also, as much as we would all want it, a juggernaut. NOT a freely moving vehicle, the map wouldn't be big enough, but as a sort of artillery such as the MTT and AT-AT. It would be fun if multiple players could use it at once, in a sort of walker assault gamemode)

Geonosis:
CIS: Hailfire droid and Homing spider droid
Republic: AT-TE (good job devs!)

Felucia:
CIS: Snail tank (not really needed)
Republic: Swamp Speeders[Infantry Support Platform] (Maybe an AT-OT walker assault version for GA?)

I understand the time and effort that would need to be taken to design a bunch of new vehicles, and I don't necessarily NEED all of these vehicles added, but it feels empty when the AAT is basically the default vehicle for every single map.

Also, could we get the Droid Gunship as a usable vehicle, like the LAAT?

REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
Post edited by The_Meme_Lord on

Replies

• And as seen above, many people are requesting a GA version of Felucia. And though I would like it to remain a CS map, I think it should be a walker-assault format, with 2 AT-OT's for the Republic.

Think about it, the other 2 Clone War Era GA maps utilize the CIS MTT as the objective, why not have it the other way around?
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    edited October 21
    b3hflleqpw18.jpeg
    The AT-PT is like an armored up ATRT it’s immune to headshots due to being fully enclosed and is more Imperial in design. It’s Legends material... it’s essentially better and a little worse than the republics all-terrain recon transport because of instead of ion shot it has an anti-infantry grenade launcher.

It’s basically an infantry fighting vehicle with better health compared to the ATRT

It’s better because it has more armor and has more survivability than the republic walker but its slower and is less maneuverable.

The AT-AP is generally a self-propelled artillery unit because they took an ATTE gave it a heavier main cannon and longer legs to allow it to shell long distance targets.
    It’s not to say that it’s not in effective against fighting vehicles it’s very effective against fighting vehicles but due to the longer legs and the rangement’s guns it does pour against closer engagements. I like to think of the all-terrain attack pod is more of a sniper tank like a tank destroyer.

The AT-TE is made to slowly assault positions as a frontline enforcer and the AT-AP is the sniper in the back putting holes in enemy armor.

I mean just look at it it has a hull mounted main Cannon the AT-TE’s Primary weapon on top of the main body, a light defense blaster mounted underneath, two long legs and a smaller retractable leg for long range stabilization.

I posted a picture of the ATPT but it’s upside down albeit it’s the correct size.
    Post edited by RyanK388 on
  • RyanK388 wrote: »

The AT-AP is generally a self-propelled artillery unit because they took an ATTE gave it a heavier main cannon and longer legs to allow it to shell long distance targets.
    It’s not to say that it’s not in effective against fighting vehicles it’s very effective against fighting vehicles but due to the longer legs and the rangement’s guns it does pour against closer engagements. I like to think of the all-terrain attack pod is more of a sniper tank like a tank destroyer.

I posted a picture of the ATPT but it’s upside down albeit it’s the correct size.

Sorry i meant the AT-AP i always get them mixed up, i will fix it

REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!