criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

What do you guys think of the [Spoiler] being in TROS (No Spoilers please)

The_Meme_Lord
197 posts Member
edited October 23
(PLEASE NO SPOILERS IF THERE IS SOME STUPID EXPLANATION I BEG OF YOU DON'T TELL ME)
So I haven't seen the movie yet, but it looks like a major plot point of the movie is this huge piece of the Death Star in the middle of an ocean. How is this even possible? We know the following:

A ) The original Death Star was destroyed while behind Yavin, so if any fragments THAT LARGE survived, they would have been pulled into the gas giant's gravity and destroyed

B ) The original Death Star was basically disintegrated, not broken into 20-30 large chunks like this

C ) If a large chunk of the Death Star flew through space and landed on a planet wouldnt it not only burn up in the atmosphere but the impact itself wouldve like decimated the area, correct? There shouldn't just be a massive piece of the death star just lying around in the ocean as if the Death Star orbited THAT planet.

{The new trailer shows what looks like to be the Emperor's old throne room destroyed, so it may just be the Death Star II...}

D ) The Death Star II was destroyed while ORBITING The moon of Endor, and as far as I know there are no oceans on Endor, and, AGAIN, the Death Star II was disintegrated, not broken into pieces.

E ) If the Death Star II was broken into massive fragments(it wasn't) like we see in the trailer, then the end of ROTJ would've been much different(city-sized chunks landing on the Ewoks would've been fun to watch)

F ) A theory I had was that the "ocean" it landed in was in fact just the crater it created after impact and an ocean eventually formed into that crater. I don't even know if thats possible, but even that doesn't make sense in the continuity.

So basically, my point is, the ONLY possible way a piece of the Death Star that large could have survived is if the Death Star was literally orbiting the planet at extreme close range. Even on Endor I don't think the piece would have stayed intact. Not only would the impact have probably killed the Ewoks and everyone else during that celebration scene, but I don't think there are any oceans on Endor.

(PLEASE NO SPOILERS IF THERE IS SOME STUPID EXPLANATION I BEG OF YOU DON'T TELL ME)
REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!

Replies