criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Co-Op Severely In favor of AI

Yea whats the point of having 3 different or 2 different defend points in co-op, only if u have voip and everyone has a mic n stuff can that work and if the team breaks up into 2 groups but 3 come on , do you expect 1 guy at each with 1 guy randomly at one of them. Seriously, and then you overload the map with AI enemies AND throw in AI Heros that team up and clobber anything in their path unless you have 3 or 4 heros attacking back at them. Co-Op is severely in favor of the AI on just about all the defend missions and the constant waves without much of a pause on some of the maps is just plain laughable. Fix this crap.

Replies

• Absolutely! I love the co-op mode, and I was so excited when I learned that it would become available where you could choose your side and defend, but was very disappointed when all the defend scenarios were ridiculously hard. I played like 7 or 8 rounds and only ever won one, when defending. I think if they just tweak it, then it would be great though! I also hope they expand co-op and instant action to all eras and all maps at some point, though I know that may never happen and would be a long way off if it ever did. But still, I think BF2 would truly be a complete game if that were the case
  • Jediseth1
    101 posts Member
    edited October 25
    It is so cool picking off waves of Clones in an AAT on Geonosis. They all spawn in I go off to the side and use Siege mode and the fun begins. The first few phases in most maps are in favor of the AI but it evens out as the AI move farther.
  • The major point of this is the DEFEND scenarios which they've dropped 3 objectives to defend and expect us to succeed with the amount of ai that spawn along with the ai hero's that spawn in along with them and the spawn rate and amount of ai that spawn at any time is too high imo. Its almost impossible to defend 3 locations with just 4 people if we're lucky someone doesnt leave in disgust of the situation. The only real hope of any of the defend missions is at the end when theres only 1 objective to defend, thats fun when theres hordes of ai rushing at us. Only then but its like do or die time and that isnt fun. Being on the brink of losing doesnt entertain me or cause me any enjoyment, just frustration which leads to anger which leads to me playing something else. I love the attack aspect as it is now. That is fine. Just the number of objectives to have to defend. If it were 1 objective per each area all the way back to the last one I would be much more inclined to try at the start of the map but as it stands I dont even want to do anything but get enough points to get the hero i want and just wait till we lose to the final single objective. Not fun.
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 27
    Tigzee wrote: »
    The AI were super buffed after update of 23rd. We are now outnumbered hopelessly by superior forces....till the next patch
    euros2999 wrote: »
    The major point of this is the DEFEND scenarios which they've dropped 3 objectives to defend and expect us to succeed with the amount of ai that spawn along with the ai hero's that spawn in along with them and the spawn rate and amount of ai that spawn at any time is too high imo. Its almost impossible to defend 3 locations with just 4 people if we're lucky someone doesnt leave in disgust of the situation. The only real hope of any of the defend missions is at the end when theres only 1 objective to defend, thats fun when theres hordes of ai rushing at us. Only then but its like do or die time and that isnt fun. Being on the brink of losing doesnt entertain me or cause me any enjoyment, just frustration which leads to anger which leads to me playing something else. I love the attack aspect as it is now. That is fine. Just the number of objectives to have to defend. If it were 1 objective per each area all the way back to the last one I would be much more inclined to try at the start of the map but as it stands I dont even want to do anything but get enough points to get the hero i want and just wait till we lose to the final single objective. Not fun.
    kiprobin wrote: »
    Absolutely! I love the co-op mode, and I was so excited when I learned that it would become available where you could choose your side and defend, but was very disappointed when all the defend scenarios were ridiculously hard. I played like 7 or 8 rounds and only ever won one, when defending. I think if they just tweak it, then it would be great though!

So far on defend I have only won once and it was on Felucia, but even that was just barely. If not for the strength of the Destroyer Droids shields and the overload ability surly we would have lost.

I also hope they expand "Co-Op" and "Instant Action" to all eras and all maps at some point, though I know that may never happen and would be a long way off if it ever did. But still, I think BF2 would truly be a complete game if that were the case.

Not true they are concentrating on OT and the new trilogy now.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • euros2999
    2 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Co-Op is broken. All there is to really say. I just finished a match where we were on Naboo as seperatists, we got through the first set of objectives, then on the second set of objectives we were taking B and there was at least 20 seconds left before the timer counted down and we had taken B and it said we were defeated. That is not the first time thats happened. This patch for co-op shouldve had a couple more weeks to tenderize in the oven because its clearly undercooked.
  • I'm not sure the AI heroes are op. I was playing co-op as a clone, and General Greivous walked right past me. He then just stood there while clones kept constantly firing at him with no resistance. Similarly, me and like 3 other clones were fighting darth maul and he just stood there till we got him to half health. Sure, the ai outnumbers players, but if you're just looking for kills, this gamemode is super easy to grind and it counts for trooper milestones.
  • Also, I suck at Sw Battlefront 2 and I got 14 kills in one co-op round. It's my new favorite gamemode. Also, I enjoy the fact that you're on the leaderboard every match
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Co-Op is broken. All there is to really say. I just finished a match where we were on Naboo as seperatists, we got through the first set of objectives, then on the second set of objectives we were taking B and there was at least 20 seconds left before the timer counted down and we had taken B and it said we were defeated. That is not the first time thats happened. This patch for co-op shouldve had a couple more weeks to tenderize in the oven because its clearly undercooked.

Haven't seen that yet in "Co-Op" mode but I did see it in "Ewok Hunt".

Yeah, there is crashing issues as well.

That makes three major bugs now:
    (1.) Game ends early before "Co-Op" match is finished.
    (2.) Game ends early before "Ewok Hunt" match is finished.
    (3.) Game crashes in almost all modes back out to main menu. - This ones being addressed as we speak.
    I'm not sure the AI heroes are op. I was playing Co-Op as a clone, and General Greivous walked right past me. He then just stood there while clones kept constantly firing at him with no resistance. Similarly, me and like 3 other clones were fighting darth maul and he just stood there till we got him to half health. Sure, the ai outnumbers players, but if you're just looking for kills, this gamemode is super easy to grind and it counts for trooper milestones.

As for him walking past you, he saw you. It is just that we on the other thread had asked the devs to make the A.I. villains not just single us out alone but target any threat on the map. You know like reality. That large body of friendly A.I. enemies was seen by the Learning A.I. as a bigger threat and it was right, it died.

As for the endless blocking of A.I. like Grevious and Yoda: the Learning A.I. is taking advantage of block to protect itself. Before the A.I. villains and heroes when getting low on health, they would realize it is better to strategically withdraw due too huge numbers. The problem is the new update makes them more aggressive, so they forgo inhibitions of seeking cover and become more Rambo-ee thus die more. It's a hard trade off, stealthy and evasive and less aggressive but live longer or very aggressive and die more. Perhaps a toggle select yes DICE?
    😃
    - I got 14 kills in one Co-Op round. It's my new favorite gamemode. Also, I enjoy the fact that you're on the leaderboard every match

Yes it is a lot of fun, so is "Instant Action".
    “There is always hope.”
  • bots ignore if they are being effected by the force/push pull and still head shot you mid air or while on the ground getting up. They are wall hacking from across the map, you can find some running into a wall while firing at something.

There also doesn't seem to be a delay in switching from rifle the vanguard so they insta switch hit you for 1 shot. This is why people don't use bot ai in their COOP games. They have created more work fixing/balancing these bots than they would have if they used sp AI instead. At least sp AI is just balancing more the spawn rates and grouping configurations.
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 26
    Bots ignore if they are being effected by the force/push pull and still head shot you mid air or while on the ground getting up. They are wall hacking from across the map, you can find some running into a wall while firing at something.

There also doesn't seem to be a delay in switching from rifle the vanguard so they insta switch hit you for 1 shot. This is why people don't use bot ai in their COOP games. They have created more work fixing/balancing these bots than they would have if they used sp AI instead. At least sp AI is just balancing more the spawn rates and grouping configurations.

So your saying the A.I. is cheating? Hmmmmm it very possible, they were already caught once trying to cheat after launch. The reason why DICE was having an issue with some A.I. heroes not spawning was because the Learning A.I. was trying to unlock the hero that was locked before they had enough credits to buy it. Since it does not understand the difference between right or wrong I'm not really sure if I can quantify that as truly cheating or not; let's just call it ignorant simplicity.

Here's the low down.

zlefndoysfxa.png

wfkfuavuk0qm.jpg

So it is very possible. I got one shot killed by the DC-15 pistol by the A.I. twice just recently.

Fun fact: The shotgun was one shot killing at launch in 2017 just like the classic regulator in the 2005 game, but people whined and it got nerfed. Some how the Learning A.I. were one shot killing with it again when "Instant Action" was launched. It was brought to the devs attention, got addressed and was supposedly fixed on the Oct update.

As for bots shooting through walls. Learning A.I. studies it's environment. If the learning A.I. can see the digital world, it would see flaws in the map. Things like areas were shots could phase through solid objects for example.

But giving the Learning A.I. the benefit of the doubt, for the record the SWBF 2015 game had wall phasing issues as well, so it could simply be that.
    “There is always hope.”
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    If it was easy there would be no point.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• There's a difference between easy, and fair. A challenge has to be fair for it to be enjoyable.
    Wall hacking, 1 shot bots that are jumping up and down in a corner, then instantly spin around and head shot you is not fun.
    Bots that roll and shoot at the same time is not fun.
    Bots that can shoot while mid air after being pushed/pull is not fun.
    Bots that still shoot you while knocked down is not fun
    Bots that can always head shot you with grenades is not fun.
    Bots That see you from cross the map through objects and 2 shot you is not fun.
    Bots that have spazstic movement is not fun.
    Bots that switch from rifle to shotgun w/o the check weapon animation and 1 shot you is not fun.
    Bots in coop is not fun.
    20 bots all aiming at 1 player and firing off specials with 100% accuracy is not fun
    Bots in IA, that's a different story.

• I love all the changes they've made to Co Op except some of the OBJ's that they moved. It should be difficult. Defense is very much doable if all 4 of you are working together. Heck, I've won with just 3. It's doable. The difficulty should be there. They still need to fix where the AI goes when you're attacking to come and attack you faster to get you off objective. Other than that, love the changes!
  • PorchWar wrote: »
    Good. Should be hard. Totally digging it.

Thank you. Honestly, reading these forums makes me wonder how some people here ever get better at anything. If something’s to hard complain about it. Heaven forbid people except a challenge to make themselves better.

• Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 27
    Tigzee wrote: »
    The AI were super buffed after update of 23rd. We are now outnumbered hopelessly by superior forces....till the next patch
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    Ok, so I don’t usually complain, but I jumped into Co-Op and INSTANT ACTION for the first time since the 10/23 update and I can’t help but feel like the fun factor has been completely driven out of those modes.

Co-Op has transformed into an impossible feat, and is now just as frustrating (if not more so) than multiplayer. The AI is overwhelming, and no longer in a good way. Before I could stand my ground with a trooper for a while get a few kills, Take some damage, run away, then live to fight another day. Now almost the instant I see AI troopers I am gunned down usually before I can even react. Even with a hero. In fact it’s even more frustrating now to have a hero in Co-Op than it is in multiplayer. Before the update in Co-Op with a hero if you played smart you could survive for a while and rack up a few kills along the way. If you were Obi-Wan you could find Anakin and fight along side or back to back with him for a while and get that Star Wars immersion. Now the heroes are no different than regular troopers in the sense that the moment you come in contact with the AI they just shred you. Each time I’ve had a hero since the update and Co-Op once I get into the action I’m dead within seconds. And it’s just not fun.

Co-Op was tons of fun before this update. I want it to be a copy of multiplayer in the sense of all of the content that you get to experience is the same in both modes. I don’t want it to be a carbon copy of multiplayer skill wise... I don’t like playing multiplayer because it’s usually a frustrating time and what should be an otherwise glorious Star Wars game but multiplayer is hardly ever fun now Co-Op is hardly ever fun.

The same thing goes for instant action. Instant Action is my go to mode in this game. yesterday I played on rookie and although my team won fairly handily (it ended up 100% to 30% ), but the experience was horrible. I don’t use that word lightly. I love this game, but playing instant action is now no different than playing multiplayer. Just like Co-Op it is now no longer the fun mode it should be. Now it’s a carbon copy of multiplayer in which the moment you come across enemy troops you’re shredded and gunned down. This is not a matter of I just have to get better, or stop crying because it’s too hard or too easy or whatever the case. I’ve been playing a long time. It’s about the fun factor. That’s why we all wanted the offline modes . To be able to enjoy ourselves off-line without the pressures of the frustrations of playing multiplayer yes. Yes we wanted it to be somewhat challenging. Yes when the new AI came out it was amazing because the bots provided a challenge without ruining the experience. The challenge enhanced the experience so much. I assumed that as they added more and more to the modes both Co-Op and instant action that it would just get better. Maybe it’s a function of the learning AI, maybe it’s a function of tweaks they made to the AI and an update. And I don’t know. I’m not a programmer I don’t pretend to know how this works. I’m an idea guy... I like to have fun playing this game and what the devs gave us for Co-Op and instant action was incredibly fun before the October 23 update. Something has changed in the AI behavior drastically . It has changed way too much for it to be a simple matter of learning AI adjusting on the fly. I’m afraid that if something isn’t done to fix this that those of us who clamored for instant action and Co-Op are going to lose interest in these modes because they no longer offer us the sanctuary and fun that we wanted. If this happens then Inevitably interest in the mode will wane and we will without the player base the modes will not get updated further.

Yes they’re are many positives. The clone commanders, ambient FX do wonders for the environment, the addition of the last phase in Kasshhyyk, Luke and Han hero skins... not giving up. Very thankful for what we’ve received. But this needs to be changed...

Yes I did notice I die really fast as a hero now in Co-Op that is quite true.

I definitely think Rookie difficulty feels too difficult now.

"Rookie" should mean "easy", or at the very least, not very challenging.

I enjoy it, but it's definitely not what I would call "Rookie", feels more like how id imagine normal should be. It does vary a bit, a few matches are very easy, but most are not easy.

Haven't tried the other difficulties post-October update yet.

And yes, the AI accuracy is probably a bit too high too

It's impressive they can do that, but I think AI accuracy should be toned down a bit, especially for Rookie / Normal.
    The major point of this is the DEFEND scenarios which they've dropped 3 objectives to defend and expect us to succeed with the amount of ai that spawn along with the ai hero's that spawn in along with them and the spawn rate and amount of ai that spawn at any time is too high imo. Its almost impossible to defend 3 locations with just 4 people if we're lucky someone doesnt leave in disgust of the situation. The only real hope of any of the defend missions is at the end when theres only 1 objective to defend, thats fun when theres hordes of ai rushing at us. Only then but its like do or die time and that isnt fun. Being on the brink of losing doesnt entertain me or cause me any enjoyment, just frustration which leads to anger which leads to me playing something else. I love the attack aspect as it is now. That is fine. Just the number of objectives to have to defend. If it were 1 objective per each area all the way back to the last one I would be much more inclined to try at the start of the map but as it stands I dont even want to do anything but get enough points to get the hero i want and just wait till we lose to the final single objective. Not fun.
    Absolutely! I love the Co-Op mode, and I was so excited when I learned that it would become available where you could choose your side and defend, but was very disappointed when all the defend scenarios were ridiculously hard. I played like 7 or 8 rounds and only ever won one, when defending. I think if they just tweak it, then it would be great though!
    So far on defend I have only won once and it was on Felucia, but even that was just barely. If not for the strength of the Destroyer Droids shields and the overload ability surly we would have lost.
    There's a difference between easy, and fair. A challenge has to be fair for it to be enjoyable.
    Wall hacking, 1 shot bots that are jumping up and down in a corner, then instantly spin around and head shot you is not fun.
    Bots that still shoot you while knocked down is not fun.
    Bots that switch from rifle to shotgun w/o the check weapon animation and 1 shot you is not fun.
    Bots in coop is not fun.
    20 bots all aiming at 1 player and firing off specials with 100% accuracy is not fun.
    Bots in IA, that's a different story.

There's a difference between easy, and fair. A challenge has to be fair for it to be enjoyable.
    Lol, actually that's kinda funny. But just curious did you catch what weapon it was, was it the DC-15?
    Again I have literally yet to see this. Instantly after the roll yes but during the roll NO.
    I find that cool as heck, in fact it makes me want to try to pull that off.
    Bots that still shoot you while knocked down is not fun.
    Bots shooting you while on the ground? Hmmmmm are you sure the shot came from them?
    They are A.I. what did you expect?
    How do you know this? Are you able to freeze and rewind and see the match from a high view?
    If your referring to the seizure of the Heavy Class when the shield is active that is a glitch.

Yeah that might be a glitch.
    Bots in coop is not fun. 20 bots all aiming at 1 player and firing off specials with 100% accuracy is not fun.
    Well...if players worked together to defend a CP instead of running off with the hero that would not occur.

Foot note: In conclusion, please Janglesworthy post several videos of you playing showing all the above claims and then we can all logically analyze it and reason together.
    And Hero AI are invincible sometimes!

Well it's not that they are invincible, it's just that the Learning A.I. saber wielders favor blocking a lot. That's just self preservation.

PopoTateo wrote: »
    Good lord people, is nobody happy with anything? Co-Op is the only mode I’ve played since it was added and it’s so much fun. Even with a team of randoms I’ve won every defence/attack. Without the challenge, what’s the point? If you want a walk in the park, then that’s what IA is for. Turn enemy hero’s off, and set it to easy.
    Everyone has different skill levels. How are Dice suppose to cater to everyone? If it’s to hard, the lesser skilled players can’t play. If it’s to easy, the higher skilled players steamroller it and get bored. Dice can’t win.

I for one LOVE Co-Op and I can’t thank dice enough for it. Just need the other two eras and this mode is almost perfect.

I can see them nerfing all the fun out of Co-Op at this rate and that will destroy yet another mode. Do none of you feel you get better when you are challenged? Seriously, it makes you a better player. I was awful with heroes before Co-Op existed. Now I can get 50 - 70 kill streaks even with this so called “impossible” update.

Ummmmmm, I do not know about the rest but I for one am not sayin' I don't like a good challenge, quite the dead opposite actually. All's I said was, "So far on defend I have only won once and it was on Felucia, but even that was just barely. If not for the strength of the Destroyer Droids shields and the overload ability surly we would have lost."

I'm merely sayin' that it is a fact that at that time (in the Droid defend slot) I had only won one match since the update. Since my comment I have won once on Kamino as droids as well.

I do not mind the challenge, I was only agreeing with them that it was hard, that is simply a fact. Stating a fact is not necessarily complaining.

By the way "Co-Op" as droids was dead last night after like four matches. I sat there waiting like hours. I imagine this is largely due to one of two possibilities, to many bugs or people just getting overly frustrated. I was playing on Kashyyyk, had a full team and wound up all alone and it was the first two CPs. People I guess are frustrated. I almost took the CP by myself but got overwhelmed, Destroyer Droids can only do so much and yeah I dropped a lot too PopoTateo, just sayin'.

Past matches made other players stressed out I guess. Like on Geonosis for example...It seems like fellow human defenders do not seem to understand it is waaaaaay different. They think they can just run around killing people. This accomplishes nothing since there are two available CPs for the enemy to take. Thus we keep losing CPs very rapidly. Often I'd run to the second CP and find myself all alone. Try defending by yourself. It can be done "IF" your team diverts half the A.I... Then if we make it to the final CP they run around killing people as Grevious or Maul yet again leaving the final CP and we lose, rinse and repeat.

Like I've said before, there is a difference between a challenge that is a fair challenge which will always be fun and broken AI/game design. The AI right now is broken and not playing fair.

example....
    Anakin's block takes about 1 second to trigger after being pressed with the new patch. Factor in any sort of lag and 20 bots all aiming and firing at you with 85% accuracy. Your dead before the animation plays and you feel cheated, you wasted all your battle points on a hero. You then rage out and eventually can only be mad at something for so long before you don't care and stop playing.

If DICE wanted to create a fun challenge for hardcore players they would have implemented level based missions like destiny/warframe/borderlands for example. Every class has levels and there is a also a player rank. They could have used that to match players and scale AI to those levels.

Well I hear what your saying. I too have for example grabbed a Droid Commando on Felucia and was down in 3 seconds (5 enemy attackers firing a 3 round burst 5 times simultaneously. It's like their the Flood or the Borg or something..."one mind", lol...but then I grabbed the AAT Tank and I started dominating the CP so there is a way.

I was on Geonosis at the final CP, all my Hero allies wondered off to slay people, I was all alone. I spawned as Chewy and they mowed me down in 2 seconds, lol.

If we do not work together and use cover fire it is impossible. Challenges I like PopoTateo but you have to have a team not a bunch of individuals, otherwise this new aggressive A.I. update just becomes beyond frustrating and stressful. So I understand their point of view and I understand your point of view.
    PorchWar wrote: »
    Good. Should be hard. Totally digging it.
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Thank you. Honestly, reading these forums makes me wonder how some people here ever get better at anything. If something’s to hard complain about it. Heaven forbid people except a challenge to make themselves better.
    Lol, agreed. 🤣 Within reason of course.
    “There is always hope.”
  • From what I have played on Co-Op defense, most of the time the PUG grouping is all over the place and a good defense is hard to maintain. I've observed that the AI easily cruises through the first few rounds. However, even if only one command post exists to defend (like Theed Throne Room), it's still overwhelming to defend. It should be a challenge, but needs a bit of a tweek to make the leap to enjoyability.
    "Peace is a lie"
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 27

I think Co-op is probably fine. I only say probably because I've only been able to play a couple matches of it so far since the update.

IA on rookie feels too difficult though.

And the ally AI just seen to cluster and stand in place sometimes.

Rookie should be easy or at the very least, not very challenging.

I'm an experienced player often coming first in CS, I still love the experience and regularly play it and am super grateful it's here, I just think they overdid the difficulty in IA a bit in the last update
    Scoundrel wrote: »

Mando, like you I’m an experienced player who has spent lot of time in MP. I wouldn’t complain unless something was very wrong. Up until a few days ago Co-Op was a “good” challenge, and Instant Action was engaging but sandboxy. Both right where we wanted them. Now, it’s like the bots have been supercharged and they are all T-800s. It’s incredibly hard and frustrating to stand against the AI. Feels very aimboty. I play INSTANT ACTION on Rookie. Your team wins but you get slaughtered constantly.

If it had launched this way I wouldn’t have fallen in love with both modes right out of the gate. There has been a seismic shift—the wrong way.
    @Scoundrel: Okay that's fair. 😐 For the record like you I still win in Rookie in "Instant Action" but yes it is more drastic in terms of quick death, this is truth.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I think it's great fun!

It would suck if you won every round and there wasn't challenge involved. It sounds like some want the ability to go in alone, gain mad levels and not have to do any team work.
    Playing against real players (GA and HVV) is still far more difficult. So despite the odd actual bug, it's pretty decent!
  • Starmasui73146
    1477 posts Member
    edited October 28
    StarLillie wrote: »
    I think it's great fun!

It would suck if you won every round and there wasn't challenge involved. It sounds like some want the ability to go in alone, gain mad levels and not have to do any team work.
    Playing against real players (GA and HVV) is still far more difficult. So despite the odd actual bug, it's pretty decent!

Naaah not going in alone, though I did before the update succeed in this on Co-Op Phase Two on Geonosis (on the right) and Phase Two on Kashyyyk on the 2nd floor of the hut.

No it's more for me the frustration of people running off as heroes to gain kill streaks and not paying attention to the poor guy all alone defending the CP, fighting massive hordes of aggressive Learning A.I.. So the lack of commitment to the objective, they seem to think it is like before the update and one guy can accomplish it. "Aaaaaah he's fine."

Oooor how about this common one: So we're in defensive mode again on Kamino and in 1st Phase and we have two CPs, the human players all stay at the inside CP. I'm like, "Guys there taking the one outside." I rush out there (all alone), get massacred by ALL the A.I. team, they take it. It's like my fellow human players think they are taking CPs not defending them. So yeah, very frustrating.

Humans are hard true but you must admit the A.I. accuracy is getting quite a bit better. Not that I'm complaining. All though the DC-15 pistol should NOT 1 shot kill me, just sayin' (shrug).

It's not just "Co-Op" that seems off kilter some how "Instant Action" has issues too:
    I don't really mind the AI. I'm NOT an experienced player like you and Mando are but I can Definitely see why people are outraged by this. I don't get mad but disappointed when I have a hero that I saved up for and then die a few seconds later and have to get that much battlepoints for that to happen again. I play on normal and it's quite challenging but how is rookie or hard? I haven't tried them yet.
    Oilerfan78 wrote: »
    I've been playing on normal in IA and the games are always quite close (within 10-20 points, back and forth). The A.I. is very good, but they definitely tweaked the damage done to the player. Why is it that a full health Bossk (me) can face off against Obi Wan (A.I.) and 2 swipes from a light saber and I'm dead? If the roles are reversed, I'm taking 5-8 swipes before Bossk's health is depleted. I think the real issue is the damage modifiers are messed up. I don't think the A.I. is as "aim bot" as many have said, it's the damage modifier. It's like we have 1/2 health the the A.I. health is on tough. If the developers can make it a default damage or more like it was when "Instant Action" first came out, it would balance it nicely.
    I can definetely confirm this. It seems like the AI deals twice the damage as before the patch. But to be honest: it feels like their aim has been improved as well.
    I did say I do think IA Rookie difficulty is too difficult now 👍 it's a shame they overdid it in the October patch, I'm pretty confident that most people agree with us, so I can see the IA AI getting nerfed.

I hope Ben does a community survey for IA / Co-Op soon.
    Rax wrote: »
    Agreed. I can't say what, but something is off since the update. I typically play without AI heroes in 'Instant Action", and what's interesting is that despite getting defeated more frequently, the matches seem more slanted in my favor in terms of the capturing of Command Posts ( though it seems less so with the hero AI enabled). Things seemed much more balanced before the latest update and felt just right to me where they were.

The good news is that this is all new, and as DICE mentioned, the AI will continue to evolve with additional updates. Here's hoping that that will include a little less damage/lethality in a firefight, and perhaps a little more strategy with the capturing of Command Posts- whatever it was that made them feel the way they did before.

Let's keep the feedback coming in the meantime to help make things easy on our developer friends. The more unofficial QA testing, the better. I'm curious- are others seeing similar things with the Command Post tug of war in "Instant Action" seeming a bit too easy now, despite the AI feeling far more difficult?
    Slevi17 wrote: »
    I'd like the option to modify player/AI health for IA, like Arcade.

“There is always hope.”
  • The most recent AI adjustment added in behavior patterns based on records of player behavior in live matches. I can tell because I've been getting headshot in rapid clusters, mostly by aerials and officers, as well as during dodges and other quick moves, as soon as I/they come around a corner, and from improbably far away when one or both of us are strafing erratically.

What I'm saying is, DICE inadvertently proved that cheating is a bigger problem than they'll admit by making their own AI emulate the behavior of cheaters. Also, really annoying serial bunnyhoppers.